TS%: .610

Efficient, productive and only getting started

Would love those minutes to get down around 32
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,830

Re: Bradley Beal thread 

Post#183 » by Saberestar » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:59 pm

Beal on the Suns is an elite all-around G that can make a bit of everything at a high level rather than a pure scorer.

What do you guys think so far about his defense and all-around game?

I think that his versatility on offense is underrated and he is doing a variety of things: playmaker, ball handler, screener, ISO scorer, 3p catch&shoot ...

He is showing that he is good defender when he doesn't have to carry a team on offense. A good athlete that can really help on different areas, even at rebounding.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#184 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:35 pm

Saberestar wrote:Beal on the Suns is an elite all-around G that can make a bit of everything at a high level rather than a pure scorer.

I think that his versatility on offense is underrated and he is doing a variety of things: playmaker, ball handler, screener, ISO scorer, 3p catch&shoot ...

He is showing that he is good defender when he doesn't have to carry a team on offense. A good athlete that can really help on different areas, even at rebounding.

I am still absolutely floored that we got a former 30ppg all-star/all-NBA player who is still in his prime to not only play 3rd banana but step up to the challenge of guarding Zion "300lb man child" Williamson. We're all in and so in Beal
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,486

Post#185 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:38 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Beal on the Suns is an elite all-around G that can make a bit of everything at a high level rather than a pure scorer.

I am still absolutely floored that we got a former 30ppg all-star/all-NBA player who is still in his prime to not only play 3rd banana but step up to the challenge of guarding Zion "300lb man child" Williamson. We're all in and so in Beal

Yeah, it's crazy. He was all over Siakam too...his defense has been pretty shocking. I knew all about the other stuff. He also brings a bit of personality to an otherwise team of bland personalities.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,389

Post#186 » by sunskerr » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:55 am

I suppose it's not the most shocking thing that a smart/skilled player locks in defensively after being traded to a team where he doesn't have to carry the offense anymore. It's happened several times before with other players. But yeah it's nice to see that from him.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#187 » by sashaturiaf » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:17 pm

Beal started off in the NBA as an off ball sharpshooting type that played good D, what he became later in his Washington tenure was more of a function of the team he was on than himself. But hey it got him paid.

I was concerned he'd lost that part of his game after so many years as a 30ppg scorer, but so far so good and he's getting better with each passing game. His willingness and ability to do the little things as a #3 option is the difference between us being pretenders and contenders.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,176

Post#188 » by Slim Charless » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:58 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

Yeah, it's crazy. He was all over Siakam too...his defense has been pretty shocking. I knew all about the other stuff. He also brings a bit of personality to an otherwise team of bland personalities.

Bill Simmons said that he heard Beal is taking a bit of the leadership role in the locker room. Like he's the one that talks with the young guys and kinda gets things going. Makes sense. KD has never been that guy, him and Booker both would rather just do their thing.

Beal is the X-factor for this team in the playoffs.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,510

Post#189 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:14 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:I am still absolutely floored that we got a former 30ppg all-star/all-NBA player who is still in his prime to not only play 3rd banana but step up to the challenge of guarding Zion "300lb man child" Williamson. We're all in and so in Beal

Bill Simmons said that he heard Beal is taking a bit of the leadership role in the locker room. Like he's the one that talks with the young guys and kinda gets things going. Makes sense. KD has never been that guy, him and Booker both would rather just do their thing.

If that report is true, I’m already enjoying Beal on this team. Maybe that’s why Eubanks has looked better as of late?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,486

Post#190 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:30 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:I am still absolutely floored that we got a former 30ppg all-star/all-NBA player who is still in his prime to not only play 3rd banana but step up to the challenge of guarding Zion "300lb man child" Williamson. We're all in and so in Beal

Yeah, I have always thought he is a guy that will help along players, lead, get them in the right mindset. I think Book can be a little (or very) abrasive. And KD is quiet.

In addition to what you are saying, I think he is actively taking a step back scoring to allow others to be the main guys and be more of a team player. I believe with Booker and KD as such threats, he could have these enormous scoring nights too if he took a lot of shots. Even without those type of threats, with a not great Wizards team, he has scored 60 before, over 50 5x, and over 40 at least 25 times. He has also averaged like 32 for an entire season. And he typically has very solid efficiency and isn't some type of chucker.

He's really a very similar player to Booker who shoots more 3s typically and has been a better 3 pt shooter over the years, particularly before his shoulder injury in 2020....shooting over 40% a few seasons and over 38% 5x.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,176

Post#191 » by Slim Charless » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:35 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Yeah, I have always thought he is a guy that will help along players, lead, get them in the right mindset. I think Book can be a little (or very) abrasive. And KD is quiet.

In addition to what you are saying, I think he is actively taking a step back scoring to allow others to be the main guys and be more of a team player. I believe with Booker and KD as such threats, he could have these enormous scoring nights too if he took a lot of shots. Even without those type of threats, with a not great Wizards team, he has scored 60 before, over 50 5x, and over 40 at least 25 times. He has also averaged like 32 for an entire season. And he typically has very solid efficiency and isn't some type of chucker.

He's really a very similar player to Booker who shoots more 3s typically and has been a better 3 pt shooter over the years, particularly before his shoulder injury in 2020....shooting over 40% a few seasons and over 38% 5x.

Beal is our key to the title really. We know that KD+Book will give you 50 a game or so. What we don't know is Beal. If he can actually be fine with some glue guy stuff while additionally taking advantage of what will be ridiculous opportunities as it relates to who's guarding him....we can make the WCF.

Not ready to say we can beat Denver, but we can make it there.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#192 » by Saberestar » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:16 pm

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#193 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:51 pm

Saberestar wrote:Image

I know who that is. That's Bradley "Birdman" Beal

lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#194 » by Saberestar » Sun Feb 4, 2024 11:34 pm

Iceman36
Sophomore
And1: 301

Post#195 » by Iceman36 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 5:15 am

Just happy for him!
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#196 » by Saberestar » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:17 pm

Bradley Beal confirmed last night he needs to get his nose reset, which gets tougher to do the longer they wait.

"Luckily we got All-Star break coming up, I'll have to make a decision whether I'm doing a little bit of a little nose job or not, or wait 'til the offseason.”

Read on Twitter
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#197 » by kennydorglas » Wed Feb 7, 2024 7:34 pm

Depending on how much time he'd miss I'd definitely fix this nose NOW.
Its clearly bothering him and im not sure half assing the rest of the season will be good enough for us.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#198 » by Mulhollanddrive » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:26 am

Should get it done asap as we need him mask free and with a tough schedule from March on.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,510

Post#199 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:53 am

Beal is my forth favorite player on our team besides Booker, KD and Okogie.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#200 » by Saberestar » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:34 am

Bradley Beal has already been ruled out Wednesday's game with what Frank Vogel said was a left hamstring strain suffered tonight vs. #Kings.

With the #NBAAllStar2024 break coming up, Beal will get a chance to recover before they return to action to play at Dallas Feb. 22.

"They don't think it's too serious."

Frank Vogel on Bradley Beal's left hamstring injury.

Read on Twitter

Good. It’s not a serious injury and we got the W against the Knigs and hopefully we can get another W tomorrow against the Pistons and he had the All-Star break to recover from this one.

Return to Phoenix Suns