ImageImageImage

Bradley Beal thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,504

Re: Bradley Beal thread 

Post#241 » by Stix » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:48 pm

Missing 2 more games. Thought he was "close".
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,138

Post#242 » by RaisingArizona » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:17 am

Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#243 » by Bogyo » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:04 am

Stix wrote:Missing 2 more games. Thought he was "close".

Mate, I really have no horse in this race (other than wanting the Suns to win), but you are just being a c*nt. stf up
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#244 » by Stix » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:29 am

Bogyo wrote:

Mate, I really have no horse in this race (other than wanting the Suns to win), but you are just being a c*nt. stf up

:lol: there is literally nothing wrong with this post. Go hang up your Beal posters on your wall.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,256

Post#245 » by enigmatics » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:05 pm

Bogyo wrote:

I concur - he is.
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#246 » by Stix » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:47 am

Loved his contributions from the bench tonight. His facial reactions when the refs screwed us were phenomenal.

... and he looked sharp in his new street clothes.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,726

Post#247 » by sunsbum » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:47 am

First person I’ve ever put on ignore from this board. Now back to sniffing my game used Beal spandex if you’ll excuse me.
Flex is now your father.
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#248 » by Bogyo » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:31 pm

sunsbum wrote:First person I’ve ever put on ignore from this board. Now back to sniffing my game used Beal spandex if you’ll excuse me.

Same. He is just a boring c*nt to be honest, so why bother if he is not even entertaining... At least the clowns in the Ayton camp gave up by now - I guess we have hope
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#249 » by Stix » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:00 pm

As a Suns fan, how can you not be infuriated by this?

Read on Twitter

Hammy seems to fine to me...

Spoiler:
People are so sensitive these days. Can't even handle a joke on a public forum.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#250 » by sunsbg » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:18 pm

BBB netted $85K for each point he scored this season is what I read on another Suns board. Nice job. I'd dance too.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,483

Post#251 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:11 pm

Bogyo wrote:

It is getting very old, and while I know it is frustrating for everyone, especially due to all the reports for trolling, please try not to use personal attacks, especially with that kind of language as it is against the rules, even though I agree with the gist as I know many others due as well.

But Stix, while it's ok to state your opinion, the is so repetitive and often, it's not making any meaningful discussion and at this point, it's basic trolling, so I hope you can move on and try and provide more meaningful contribution to threads. I know you've been a long time member and I don't remember you ever posting like this before.

From the rules

3. Do Not Derail Discussion

Members who disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real-time exchanges may be warned, Suspended or Banned.

Sometimes there are controversial trades, signings, decisions, etc. made by teams. It is ok to state your opinion but please do not keeping beating the drum negatively on that team's forum for weeks, months or years after the fact over something you do not like.

We are a forum for constructive but positive discussion.

4. No Trolling, Baiting Users, Personal Attacks or Post Padding

Members who participate in discussions should attempt to make a meaningful contribution.

viewtopic.php?f=191&t=1267696
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#252 » by Stix » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:59 am

While I can agree that some of my tone and posts have been a bit trollish. That is not always the case, and I do give meaningful input at times. This guy is just so easy to make fun of. Sorry. Also just trying to bring some humor to the situation because the team kinda sucks right now without him. I won't post anymore, sorry to the (enter your imaginative adjective here) people who can't take a few jokes. Peace.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#253 » by sunsbg » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:08 am

Apparently he worsened the hammy while dancing on the bench. Status from questionable to doubtful to out for the Lakers game. I don't know how anybody would not be frustrated with his injuries at this point. The fears about dragging this team down with his injuries and anchor contract have materialized pretty fast. No wonder Wizards fans on GB are really happy about getting rid of him.
Fifii
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#254 » by Fifii » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:12 am

Sti x I understand your jokes about Beal and I don’t really understand people who blame you about trolling. Sometime your jokes about Beal make me laugh so I’m with you.

Beal has 46 M in salary and more unplayed than played so he is the huge problem. He is 6th in players salary so this is a joke.

We have 193 M in team pay roll and if Beal will be not available in PO and we got 1rd exit that would be embarrassing
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,744

Post#255 » by Calvin Klein » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:22 pm

Frustration should be directed at the people responsible for acquiring him. He is what he is and everybody knew about his injury situation and contract.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,507

Post#256 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:35 pm

Diehard Bradley Beal fan checking in :)
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,483

Post#257 » by bwgood77 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:28 pm

Fifii wrote:Sti x I understand your jokes about Beal and I don’t really understand people who blame you about trolling. Sometime your jokes about Beal make me laugh so I’m with you.

Beal has 46 M in salary and more unplayed than played so he is the huge problem. He is 6th in players salary so this is a joke.

We have 193 M in team pay roll and if Beal will be not available in PO and we got 1rd exit that would be embarrassing

The problem is we had no options. Had we kept Paul and Shamet I think that is a worse situation, and it's not like Paul is healthy this season and is basically done anyway. He's missed 23 games and Shamet 16. We could have maybe had Jordan Poole but we'd be worse when he plays because he takes 16 shots a game and has under a 51% TS%, and shoots 30% from 3 with no defense.

Someone like Ben Simmons may have been a possibility, and would have been a better fit but he's missed 42 games and I'm sure would frustrate people more...and can't shoot.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,996

Post#258 » by garrick » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:20 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Fifii wrote:Sti x I understand your jokes about Beal and I don’t really understand people who blame you about trolling. Sometime your jokes about Beal make me laugh so I’m with you.

The problem is we had no options. Had we kept Paul and Shamet I think that is a worse situation, and it's not like Paul is healthy this season and is basically done anyway. He's missed 23 games and Shamet 16. We could have maybe had Jordan Poole but we'd be worse when he plays because he takes 16 shots a game and has under a 51% TS%, and shoots 30% from 3 with no defense.

Someone like Ben Simmons may have been a possibility, and would have been a better fit but he's missed 42 games and I'm sure would frustrate people more...and can't shoot.

My issue is with the last two years of his contract where he will be making 53 and 57 mil per year which is a massive hit on our salary cap and if he's going to be injury riddled that would just be terrible value.

On the last year of his contract as an expiring it would be tough to deal him on a 57 mil contract and he has the no trade clause as well making it even harder to potentially ship him out. The only out I can see is the stretch and waive provision if Beal is just an absolute shell of his former self.
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#259 » by Bogyo » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:22 am

bwgood77 wrote:

Kudos to you BW, and your patience. It's like trying to teach brain dead chickens the alphabet, and you are still out there doing gods work for the millionth time.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#260 » by sunsbg » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:58 am

It was a good trade in theory and still frustrating Suns replaced a 38yo player with a 30yo player on a huge contract with the later as injury prone as the former if not even more. Both can be true. Beal has now two injuries after almost no contact and he couldn't even start the season for 20 games. Based on his injury history believing he'll be healthy during gruelling four playoff series is like kids believing in Santa Clause.

Return to Phoenix Suns