Bradley Beal thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Re: Bradley Beal thread 

Post#221 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:59 pm

Stix wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:I don't get the hate for Beals contract. You can criticise his availability for the past few seasons but as a player he was a legitimate all-NBA level player and elite at what he does (score). When you're that level of player how much can you even be overpaid?

Reminds me of when Gobert was the flavor of the month in terms of being called overpaid and NBA groupthink went along with it.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Also the same for games played. He's worthless if he is always wearing street clothes. His bad 3pt shooting in games outside of the Lakers/Washington is embarrassing. I don't know the exact stat off the top of my head but its somewhere around 20%.

He is the 6th highest player in the NBA, only Curry/Durant/Joker/LBJ/Embiid make more. All the names mentioned are legit MVP candidates. Can we say the same for Beal? He's also missed more games this year than the guy we traded for him (CP3) who is 39 years old in an expiring contract. I would argue that Beal is not even in the top 25 of NBA players. Definitely does not justify his contract. He was on a bad team for a decade, never got them anywhere in the playoffs when they did make it.

Please bro, look into your facts before you start being a Beal stan. That is currently the worst contract in the NBA. On top of that, you need to get his say-so if you even want to think about trading him. Ridiculous.

Cut your schtick, I'm no Beal Stan but when the price was CP3 and seconds you do that every single time. You can argue his fit on this team, but Beal is a legit elite scorer in his prime, arguably as good as Booker if he has the green light.

CP3 was expiring and we were capped out anyway with no way of replacing his salary via free agency if he did expire. So what would you rather, giving Beals money to Jordan Poole or a 40yo CP3?
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,188

Post#222 » by Frank Lee » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:11 pm

Beal now is good… but Beal 2 yrs from now ? Phew…

But Beal now is good. Hard to see a better return for a washed grandPaul. Actually pretty lucky to get Beal. Moving on from CP was mandatory. Them taking TheSham was a bonus.

Don’t see why there’s gruff about it, other than his durability. We’ll deal with the salary **** when we need to. Just going to have to be creative, and it’s looking like a good bit of that was injected into the FO
What ? Me Worry ?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#223 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:15 pm

Frank Lee wrote:Beal now is good… but Beal 2 yrs from now ? Phew…

But Beal now is good. Hard to see a better return for a washed grandPaul. Actually pretty lucky to get Beal. Moving on from CP was mandatory. Them taking TheSham was a bonus.

Don’t see why there’s gruff about it, other than his durability. We’ll deal with the salary **** when we need to. Just going to have to be creative, and it’s looking like a good bit of that was injected into the FO
Injury concerns will always be there but from a skill perspective I don't think Beal will be much different at 32 years old than he is now at 30.

Hell CP was 35 when he came to Phoenix. Beal current contract will be over before he turns 35.

KDs last year is more scary although he's a freak and his game should age well since he's not getting any shorter and I doubt he'll forget how to shoot.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,508

Post#224 » by Stix » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:52 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
Stix wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:I don't get the hate for Beals contract. You can criticise his availability for the past few seasons but as a player he was a legitimate all-NBA level player and elite at what he does (score). When you're that level of player how much can you even be overpaid?

Reminds me of when Gobert was the flavor of the month in terms of being called overpaid and NBA groupthink went along with it.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Also the same for games played. He's worthless if he is always wearing street clothes. His bad 3pt shooting in games outside of the Lakers/Washington is embarrassing. I don't know the exact stat off the top of my head but its somewhere around 20%.

He is the 6th highest player in the NBA, only Curry/Durant/Joker/LBJ/Embiid make more. All the names mentioned are legit MVP candidates. Can we say the same for Beal? He's also missed more games this year than the guy we traded for him (CP3) who is 39 years old in an expiring contract. I would argue that Beal is not even in the top 25 of NBA players. Definitely does not justify his contract. He was on a bad team for a decade, never got them anywhere in the playoffs when they did make it.

Please bro, look into your facts before you start being a Beal stan. That is currently the worst contract in the NBA. On top of that, you need to get his say-so if you even want to think about trading him. Ridiculous.

Cut your schtick, I'm no Beal Stan but when the price was CP3 and seconds you do that every single time. You can argue his fit on this team, but Beal is a legit elite scorer in his prime, arguably as good as Booker if he has the green light.

CP3 was expiring and we were capped out anyway with no way of replacing his salary via free agency if he did expire. So what would you rather, giving Beals money to Jordan Poole or a 40yo CP3?

I find it quite hilarious that you Beal stans try to legitimize the trade because it was either him or Poole. Get real, you nor anyone else knows what kind of deals were on the table. Beal is a product of having Bartelstein as VP. Does the trade look good on paper? Hell yes. Was there better fits on the table that we ignored because of the Bartelstein-Beal connection? Probably.

(Hypothetically) We could've kept CP3/Shamwow and see what the trade market produced at the deadline. It was a knee jerk move to begin with, without knowing what kind of return we were going to get for DA. Since Beal would've probably gone to MIA, they wouldn't have been able to do trade for Rozier or deal nor sign guys like Delon Wright. (kinda like the problem we have now)
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#225 » by Stix » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:02 am

Also forgot about the Harden drama. Imagine Beal decided he wanted to play in LA. Clips wouldn't have been able to deal for him. Harden would've been a better fit and has roots in Phoenix (ASU). All hypotheticals. But i believe this team would be better without Fools Gold Beal, and we would've either gotten Harden or Rozier instead.
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#226 » by Stix » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:07 am

Here's another. Imagine if Beal wanted to play for Bucks instead. No Dame trade. I can do hypotheticals all day.
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#227 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:04 am

Stix you sound unhinged when it comes to Beal. Guessing you're a spiteful CP3 Stan?
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#228 » by Stix » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:10 am

sashaturiaf wrote:Stix you sound unhinged when it comes to Beal. Guessing you're a spiteful CP3 Stan?

Not really. Just don't like the trade and how everyone saying it was steal when it really wasn't.
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#229 » by Stix » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:11 am

Pushed Denver to 7 with basically just Book/KD. Beal was not needed. Now he is an albatross of a contract on the roster when we desperately need depth.

Edit: 6*
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#230 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:12 am

sashaturiaf wrote:Stix you sound unhinged when it comes to Beal. Guessing you're a spiteful CP3 Stan?

They say the toughest critics are really the biggest fans :dontknow:
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#231 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:13 am

Stix wrote:Pushed Denver to 7 with basically just Book/KD. Beal was not needed. Now he is an albatross of a contract on the roster when we desperately need depth.

What was the G7 score? I don't remember that one
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#232 » by Stix » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:14 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Stix wrote:Pushed Denver to 7 with basically just Book/KD. Beal was not needed. Now he is an albatross of a contract on the roster when we desperately need depth.

Sorry, but we did push them more than any other team in the postseason.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#233 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:51 am

Stix wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

Sorry, but we did push them more than any other team in the postseason.

Do you know how many times another player other than Book and KD scored in the double digits in that 6 game series? 7. In a 6 game series, outside of the Big 2, we only had SEVEN total double digit scoring performances. The only reason we were even halfway competitive was because Book and KD carried this team on their back. If we only had one other guy who was more a consistent, competent and versatile scorer, that series likely would've gone to 7 and who knows.

I don't have to tell you how much of the competitiveness of that series relied on Book and KD playing out of their minds just to make it a series. Even in the 2 games we won, we barely squeaked past them off the backs of a combined 86pt and a 72pt performance from those two.

This offseason we had an opportunity to address that glaring lack of a reliable 3rd option (which we've been searching for since we became competitive in 2020) by bringing in a guy who's at worst a certified NBA starter and at best, an all-NBA level player. That's for 2 guys, where only one of whom actually showed up for a game (Shamet with a 19pt game). And not to mention, we turned two guys who weren't an asset, who weren't productive, who weren't going to be productive and who weren't even going to be around after another year or so, into a guy who is still in his prime, still averaging 18ppg on a team with Book/KD and I'd argue raised our ceiling and lengthened our title window.

Correct me if I'm wrong but your biggest gripe seems to be his salary and the relative value he brings compared to that salary. And all I can say is that the alternative is likely much worse. For one, Shamet/CP3 weren't going to get you productive depth in a trade because they were supposed to be the productive depth and when teams look at what they were suppose to be and not be that, they aren't going to give you their good stuff for our crap. For two, Shamet is playing a career low in minutes on a team that has won 9 games so far and the other guy is having his worst season of his career and likely only play as many games as Beal himself; they weren't going to be productive even if we held onto them. So then you're likely left with a scenario where you let these two expire (and still have no cap space) or perhaps, if you're very lucky find a team that would give us a couple of 2nds. Neither scenarios would raise our ceiling or extend our window. We got Brad Beal for these two.

I don't know in what world turning two unproductive guys who were adding nothing to this team into one very productive player that fits well with KD/Book is a bad trade.
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#234 » by Stix » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:58 am

Well written and thank you for putting that in perspective. Best reply i've seen since I started my Beal schtick. Moot point if your 46+mil 3rd option is on the bench though.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#235 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:11 am

Stix wrote:Well written and thank you for putting that in perspective. Best reply i've seen since I started my Beal schtick. Moot point if your 46+mil 3rd option is on the bench though.

It's not a moot point. It's a valid point of discussion but not a moot point
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#236 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:04 am

Just can't get why some suns fans are mad at the Beal trade when nothing of much value was given up.

If you're gonna be mad at a trade be mad at the KD trade, that's when everything of value was given up and the direction of the the team was set. As in - 3 year window - go all in. Beal trade doesn't even happen if KD trade didn't happen, like Beal will give up NTC to fight for shots with Booker with no chance of a title? No chance

I'm certainly not mad at either trade, a lot was given up for KD but ask Nets fans whether they rather have kept KD or Raptors fans if theyd do the Barnes for KD trade in hindsight. Players like that come around every 10-20 years, you get them if their previous team is dumb enough to give them up no questions asked. Perikd
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#237 » by Bogyo » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:00 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:Just can't get why some suns fans are mad at the Beal trade when nothing of much value was given up.

If you're gonna be mad at a trade be mad at the KD trade, that's when everything of value was given up and the direction of the the team was set. As in - 3 year window - go all in. Beal trade doesn't even happen if KD trade didn't happen, like Beal will give up NTC to fight for shots with Booker with no chance of a title? No chance

I'm certainly not mad at either trade, a lot was given up for KD but ask Nets fans whether they rather have kept KD or Raptors fans if theyd do the Barnes for KD trade in hindsight. Players like that come around every 10-20 years, you get them if their previous team is dumb enough to give them up no questions asked. Perikd

Plus we would have lost the salary slot, and be capped out either way - but without anybody on the talent level of Beal... Just makes no sense whatsoever... Maybe some suns fans will show us on this Gorilla doll where uncle Brad has touched them?
Boujack
Freshman
And1: 30

Post#238 » by Boujack » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:04 pm

Bradley Beal threat
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,487

Post#239 » by bwgood77 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:13 pm

Frank Lee wrote:Beal now is good… but Beal 2 yrs from now ? Phew…

Beal will only be 32 in 2 years. I'm more worried about KD in 2 years at 37. KD is obviously a lot more talent but has had severe injuries in the past. Hopefully they both don't decline too much.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,487

Post#240 » by bwgood77 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:15 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:Just can't get why some suns fans are mad at the Beal trade when nothing of much value was given up.

I think Beal trade still happens due to connection with agent and Suns CEO. Beal would get more shots and I definitely think Mikal is a great 3rd option. Gives more longevity and picks to get for future if we get a decent scouting staff.

Return to Phoenix Suns