ImageImageImage

Welcome Jusuf Nurkić

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,320

Re: Welcome Jusuf Nurkić 

Post#41 » by enigmatics » Fri Oct 6, 2023 5:39 pm

spanishninja wrote:from what I can tell, his movements are a lot more surefooted than some of Ayton's. we've seen how DA would randomly hurt his ankle sometimes, is it possible that this is due to him being unsure about taking contact when navigating the court?

Ayton was always unsure of himself dribbling and often lacked peripheral awareness of things around him once he started. It's because he's in his head all the time.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#42 » by enigmatics » Fri Oct 6, 2023 5:44 pm

Saberestar wrote:

Bruh .....

The drop step, the Euro step, the cutting, the spin moves, backing guys down in the paint and not shying away from contact, the driving to the hoop, and the ability to drop dimes anywhere in a half court set! I can see why they call him the Bosnian Beast because at one point in that video he literally steamrolled Mason Plumlee who's a big ass dude himself.

Man I can't wait to see what he looks like in the presence of the Big 3 and all the 3pt shooters the Suns have.
oddity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,088

Post#43 » by oddity » Fri Oct 6, 2023 6:40 pm

Its so crazy how much more fluid Nurkic is with the ball than Ayton. He's actually comfortable dribbling and making passes with both or either hands. Ayton was a solid passer but Nurkic seems like an upgrade. Another area in which I expect Nurkic will be better than Ayton is in screensetting. Nurkic consistently sets good, borderline illegal screens. Ayton would slip screens early all the time trying to run to the rim before the pass hit him. What's really cool about Nurkic is he seems to have a much better understanding and feel for the game than Ayton. It felt like Book and CP3 were always instructing and correcting Ayton, instead of it being this natural back and forth. I'm hoping we'll get a huge upgrade from that with Nurkic. At the very least we won't see some static bullcrap triple threat to nowhere absolutely massacring our offensive pacing every time he gets the ball.

One area we will absolutely feel Ayton's loss in is finishing at the rim. Nurk is fine but when Ayton was actually playing okay and not going through some Roy Hibbert impersonation he was an elite finisher around the basket. Still, I'd rather Nurkic's passing and screensetting. Overall, I'm blown away by this trade. Ayton might be more talented but Nurkic is a straight up better player for us AND we got a couple side pieces that might become rotation players for our troubles AND we cut our bloated team salary. Good luck Portland. I hope you can turn Ayton into the All-Star he talks like he is, bc if not... yeesh...
Living off borrowed time the clock ticks faster...
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,782

Post#44 » by sunsbum » Sat Oct 7, 2023 12:09 am

enigmatics wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

Bruh .....

The drop step, the Euro step, the cutting, the spin moves, backing guys down in the paint and not shying away from contact, the driving to the hoop, and the ability to drop dimes anywhere in a half court set! I can see why they call him the Bosnian Beast because at one point in that video he literally steamrolled Mason Plumlee who's a big ass dude himself.

Man I can't wait to see what he looks like in the presence of the Big 3 and all the 3pt shooters the Suns have.
Theres a video I posted a couple days ago where he literally ran Zubacs the **** over. That guy was a definite problem when he was in vs us in any clippers series. He looks like a dixie cup in some of those plays vs nurk.
Flex is now your father.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,782

Post#45 » by sunsbum » Sat Oct 7, 2023 12:23 am

oddity wrote:Its so crazy how much more fluid Nurkic is with the ball than Ayton. He's actually comfortable dribbling and making passes with both or either hands. Ayton was a solid passer but Nurkic seems like an upgrade. Another area in which I expect Nurkic will be better than Ayton is in screensetting. Nurkic consistently sets good, borderline illegal screens. Ayton would slip screens early all the time trying to run to the rim before the pass hit him. What's really cool about Nurkic is he seems to have a much better understanding and feel for the game than Ayton. It felt like Book and CP3 were always instructing and correcting Ayton, instead of it being this natural back and forth. I'm hoping we'll get a huge upgrade from that with Nurkic. At the very least we won't see some static bullcrap triple threat to nowhere absolutely massacring our offensive pacing every time he gets the ball.

One area we will absolutely feel Ayton's loss in is finishing at the rim. Nurk is fine but when Ayton was actually playing okay and not going through some Roy Hibbert impersonation he was an elite finisher around the basket. Still, I'd rather Nurkic's passing and screensetting. Overall, I'm blown away by this trade. Ayton might be more talented but Nurkic is a straight up better player for us AND we got a couple side pieces that might become rotation players for our troubles AND we cut our bloated team salary. Good luck Portland. I hope you can turn Ayton into the All-Star he talks like he is, bc if not... yeesh...
I think the slight difference is DA was a WILLING passer, where nurk is an excellent passer as he will expose your defense.
Flex is now your father.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by enigmatics » Sat Oct 7, 2023 1:02 am

sunsbum wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

Bruh .....

Theres a video I posted a couple days ago where he literally ran Zubacs the **** over. That guy was a definite problem when he was in vs us in any clippers series. He looks like a dixie cup in some of those plays vs nurk.

Oh I remember those Clipper series very well. Zubac gave DA fits (especially on the boards) and it would drive me nuts because DA wouldn't ever body him up. On it's face it should always have been a "no contest" matchup.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,274

Post#47 » by Slim Charless » Sat Oct 7, 2023 7:15 am

sunsbum wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

Bruh .....

Nurk sucks.

Spoiler:
And is old and fragile.

Spoiler:
And makes a ton of money
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,289

Post#48 » by Frank Lee » Sat Oct 7, 2023 9:43 am

Nice one slim… Probably should take a break from all that thinking you’ve been doing… Don’t want to hurt yourself. You’re closeted love for the gritty dominator lives on… Truly, just watch DAs presser at Portland. The guy has some **** mental issues. It wasn’t his play that drove him out of town. I’ll take Nurk and all of his faults that you so keenly outline over that delusional, locker room, pox. DA has backed him self into a corner and he’s about to turn around and face it. At least Nurk knows who he is
What ? Me Worry ?
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,632

Post#49 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Oct 7, 2023 7:03 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
sunsbum wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
Bruh .....

Nurk sucks.

Spoiler:
And is old and fragile.

Spoiler:
And makes a ton of money

DA is a piece of chit. How do you still root for the guy just baffles me. He’s all talk but no game and has been so ever since High School. Did not show up for March Madness tourney as the Wildcats were upset by lower seed. Never worked on his game with the Suns and can only shoot 60% fg and do nothing else. At least with Nurk you know what you will get Frank is 100% correct.
Frank Lee
RealGM

Post#50 » by Frank Lee » Sat Oct 7, 2023 8:17 pm

Not sure if Slim is still an Aytonite… doesnt matter. May be in time Nurk will win him over. Theres a completely different skill set involved. Ha, may be three to four more sets. Also curious about Ewbanks. My blazer buddy more sad to see him go than Nurk. Odd we ended up with all their C minutes.
What ? Me Worry ?
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,929

Post#51 » by Fo-Real » Sun Oct 8, 2023 3:42 pm

Frank Lee wrote:Not sure if Slim is still an Aytonite… doesnt matter. May be in time Nurk will win him over. Theres a completely different skill set involved. Ha, may be three to four more sets. Also curious about Ewbanks. My blazer buddy more sad to see him go than Nurk. Odd we ended up with all their C minutes.

I just know that when Ayton was out, Landale and Biyombo didnt make me nervous as long as Book and Paul or later Kd were playing. Ayton playing when a star was out, not a difference maker. He was never the guy to step up and be the reason we won. Blame it on coaching or whatever you want, so Nurk and Eubanks are fine.
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#52 » by Slim Charless » Sun Oct 8, 2023 10:08 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:Not sure if Slim is still an Aytonite… doesnt matter. May be in time Nurk will win him over. Theres a completely different skill set involved. Ha, may be three to four more sets. Also curious about Ewbanks. My blazer buddy more sad to see him go than Nurk. Odd we ended up with all their C minutes.

I just know that when Ayton was out, Landale and Biyombo didnt make me nervous as long as Book and Paul or later Kd were playing. Ayton playing when a star was out, not a difference maker. He was never the guy to step up and be the reason we won. Blame it on coaching or whatever you want, so Nurk and Eubanks are fine.

I'm fine with moving Ayton. The return needed to be better and for a not crappy player. Nurk is a net negative and if you think he's better than Ayton then you're on PCP.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#53 » by bigfoot » Sun Oct 8, 2023 11:51 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:

I'm fine with moving Ayton. The return needed to be better and for a not crappy player. Nurk is a net negative and if you think he's better than Ayton then you're on PCP.

Nurk + Grayson >>> Ayton
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by enigmatics » Mon Oct 9, 2023 12:24 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:

Seemed he was a net negative today. It's also ONLY one meaningless preseason game.

But I think you're being a bit foolish in this accusation that people think Nurk is "better" than HallucinAyton particularly the way you're insinuating. At the end of the day they were looking for a 5 who's "better" at what they need him to do - not who has more unlocked talent.

Btw who is it you think the Suns could've had aside from Nurk?
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#55 » by Slim Charless » Mon Oct 9, 2023 3:12 am

enigmatics wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:

Seemed he was a net negative today. It's also ONLY one meaningless preseason game.

But I think you're being a bit foolish in this accusation that people think Nurk is "better" than HullucinAyton particularly the way you're insinuating. At the end of the day they were looking for a 5 who's "better" at what they need him to do - not who has more unlocked talent.

I only gave you that and1 because "HullucinAyton" is an original spin on the dumb nicknames you guys constantly give him lol.

To answer your question, I think we should've held onto him. If the deal is bad, then don't do the deal. Why not hold onto him and see if Vogel can make a new and better player for us? Not having Moronty coach the team alone is a massive improvement.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,088

Post#56 » by garrick » Mon Oct 9, 2023 1:56 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

But I think you're being a bit foolish in this accusation that people think Nurk is "better" than HullucinAyton particularly the way you're insinuating. At the end of the day they were looking for a 5 who's "better" at what they need him to do - not who has more unlocked talent.

I only gave you that and1 because "HullucinAyton" is an original spin on the dumb nicknames you guys constantly give him lol.

To answer your question, I think we should've held onto him. If the deal is bad, then don't do the deal. Why not hold onto him and see if Vogel can make a new and better player for us? Not having Moronty coach the team alone is a massive improvement.

The Phoenix Suns may ultimately send Jae Crowder to the Milwaukee Bucks in a deal, but they reportedly don't want Grayson Allen back in return.

ESPN's Brian Windhorst discussed the situation on his podcast (41:30) and noted the salaries match up for a Crowder-Allen swap, but the Suns "don't particularly like" the idea of landing the Duke product and "prefer something else."

The two teams have, thus far, unsuccessfully attempted to find a third team to help make the deal work given Phoenix's hesitation.

This is not the first time the idea of a three-team trade has been brought up, as ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported Milwaukee has looked for a third squad. Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports noted "a three-team framework continues to be the most likely avenue to eventually grant Jae Crowder's exit out of Phoenix."

Ultimately it might be that the best asset we got out of this trade is Grayson Allen who we reportedly rejected in trade rumors last season. lol

Aside from the Beal trade we the Suns front office gave up too many assets to win now.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,929

Post#57 » by Fo-Real » Mon Oct 9, 2023 2:10 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:

If you extract me saying Nurk is better from what I wrote then you are full on (Please Use More Appropriate Word). To sum up, I said Ayton made little impact.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by enigmatics » Mon Oct 9, 2023 7:46 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:

If you extract me saying Nurk is better from what I wrote then you are full on (Please Use More Appropriate Word). To sum up, I said Ayton made little impact.

Slim operates in a phone booth when it comes to his opinion on the matter.

He literally believes the Suns could have kept DA's festival of malcontent on the roster another season when the relationship had clearly reached a nexus point and he basically said as much during his insecure presser in Portland. Had they kept him, HesitAyton would have served as nothing, but a distraction to a team who's sole focus is bringing PHX it's first chip. This dude NEVER talks championships. He was not buying in, no matter what they did.

But sure just keep him to wait for this imaginary hull they could've gotten for a man who contributed to the sand bagging of his own trade value. Keep him and force Book, KD, and Beal to have to babysit that all year long. Make that make sense.
Frank Lee
RealGM

Post#59 » by Frank Lee » Mon Oct 9, 2023 8:19 pm

I’m still cracking up over hallucinayton

The MadMatter has invested too much into this team to have a malcontent hampering his goal
What ? Me Worry ?
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#60 » by Slim Charless » Mon Oct 9, 2023 9:23 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:

I wasn't focusing purely on you. That comment was meant for anyone who thinks that. Nurk is not better than Ayton.

Return to Phoenix Suns