ImageImageImage

Welcome Jusuf Nurkić

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,257

Re: Welcome Jusuf Nurkić 

Post#261 » by enigmatics » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:08 am

sashaturiaf wrote:Got to show some love for big Nurk. Not only has he been a great teammate and solid on the court, he's the best enforcer in the NBA.

He will never get hot headed enough to get ejected himself, but he also won't back down and loves a bit of rough and tumble under the basket.

He's already gotten Draymond suspended indefinitely and now it's Grant Williams turn to get tossed.

Williams little b- ass bounced right off Nurk like a rubber ball :lol: .

But yeah man Nurk loves being on this team and he's got his teammates backs. Breath of fresh air.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#262 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:10 am

sashaturiaf wrote:Got to show some love for big Nurk. Not only has he been a great teammate and solid on the court, he's the best enforcer in the NBA.

He will never get hot headed enough to get ejected himself, but he also won't back down and loves a bit of rough and tumble under the basket.

He's already gotten Draymond suspended indefinitely and now it's Grant Williams turn to get tossed.

Desperately needed

You just KNOW Nurk isn't gonna just watch
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#263 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:19 am

enigmatics wrote:

But yeah man Nurk loves being on this team and he's got his teammates backs. Breath of fresh air.

Grant Williams just got Nurked.

Yeah and breath of fresh air indeed. Sure beats that previous guy crying about his touches.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#264 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:19 am

lilfishi22 wrote:

Desperately needed

Looking forward to the next game vs Beverley.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#265 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:29 am

sashaturiaf wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

Desperately needed

Looking forward to the next game vs Beverley.

I'm not super keen to play the Sixers with Embiid going on a tear but hey, gotta beat the best to be the best
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,830

Post#266 » by Saberestar » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:59 am

sashaturiaf wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

Grant Williams just got Nurked.

Yeah and breath of fresh air indeed. Sure beats that previous guy crying about his touches.

Read on Twitter

Nurkic had his number and got him ejected in this one. Noice.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,830

Post#267 » by Saberestar » Thu Feb 1, 2024 5:08 pm

Jusuf Nurkic FG% by month:

October: 41.9
November: 47.9
December: 49.0
January: 58.1

He's finally up over 50% on the season! Dominurkic is happening.

Read on Twitter
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,415

Post#268 » by JRoy » Thu Feb 1, 2024 5:40 pm

Nurk being Nurk.

Sorry to see him go.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#269 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:37 pm

Nurk certainly has his faults but I enjoy having the Bosnian Beast on the team.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,159

Post#270 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:15 pm

im really sad that he broke his leg when he was becoming an all-star calibre player

he was 24 or 25 years old at the time, legit two-way player and then he landed on the opponents foot...

he was elite rim protector and deadly in the pnr, but the injuries, especially leg break took the quickness out of his legs

however, to be able to make a comeback after such injury and still be a starter on an nba team is something

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,511

Post#271 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Feb 1, 2024 11:09 pm

JRoy wrote:Nurk being Nurk.

Sorry to see him go.

He’s the greatest center we’ve ever had on our team.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,415

Post#272 » by JRoy » Thu Feb 1, 2024 11:22 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:

Sorry to see him go.

Alvan Adams?
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,511

Post#273 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Feb 1, 2024 11:28 pm

JRoy wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

Sorry to see him go.

Alvan Adams?

Besides Alvan Adams and Shaq. :oops:
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,383

Post#274 » by Golanator » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:50 pm

Golanator wrote:Excited to watch Nurkic give effort every night he's out there. That couldn't be said for the guy he's replacing.

Rebounding, shooting, passing, toughness. I think he's going to surprise Suns fans. Hope he stays healthy.

Welcome to Phoenix.

Nothing has changed from my first reply to this thread. Love big Nurk. He cares so much too which is always nice to see as fans. Truly one of the most important pieces on the team.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,056

Post#275 » by sunsbg » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:16 pm

Golanator wrote:
Golanator wrote:Excited to watch Nurkic give effort every night he's out there. That couldn't be said for the guy he's replacing.

Rebounding, shooting, passing, toughness. I think he's going to surprise Suns fans. Hope he stays healthy.

Welcome to Phoenix.

Nothing has changed from my first reply to this thread. Love big Nurk. He cares so much too which is always nice to see as fans. Truly one of the most important pieces on the team.

Sometimes it feels like he's the most important piece on offense which is weird having three 50M offensive stars. Without Nurk our offense becomes a highly predictable ISO ball. Record without him is 0-4 based on what someone wrote recently, which also shows how important he's been for this team.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#276 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:56 pm

Golanator wrote:

Welcome to Phoenix.

Yeah Nurk is a 'foxhole' kind of guy. He battles out there and really seems to give a ****. Refreshing

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,413

Post#277 » by dremill24 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:45 pm

sunsbg wrote:
Golanator wrote:

Welcome to Phoenix.

Sometimes it feels like he's the most important piece on offense which is weird having three 50M offensive stars. Without Nurk our offense becomes a highly predictable ISO ball. Record without him is 0-4 based on what someone wrote recently, which also shows how important he's been for this team.

He can be helpful but let's be honest they have shown they have no problem doing iso all day even when he's playing lol
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,159

Post#278 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:59 pm

ive told you guys, nurk is not a fan of iso bball, my turn-your turn type of bball, hes all about sharing the ball

hes like being passive aggressive, he did that often in pdx, he just hates that type of bball

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,257

Post#279 » by enigmatics » Thu Feb 8, 2024 12:46 am

Dzon Dilindzer wrote:ive told you guys, nurk is not a fan of iso bball, my turn-your turn type of bball, hes all about sharing the ball

hes like being passive aggressive, he did that often in pdx, he just hates that type of bball

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Quit trying to stir up sh- that ain't there chief. He's telling you he's buying in even if he isn't used to the role he was asked to play.

He's been the consummate professional, teammate, and sometimes enforcer when goons are messing with the Big 3. They love him and so do most of the fans - with exception of the fanatical Ayton Truthers.

While we are at it - at least dude ain't giving himself corny ass nicknames that he doesn't live up to and isn't an career underachieving video game obsessed pothead.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,486

Post#280 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:48 am

Dzon Dilindzer wrote:ive told you guys, nurk is not a fan of iso bball, my turn-your turn type of bball, hes all about sharing the ball

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Yeah, I remember Zach Lowe saying when he got traded that he was curious if he'd be happy with his usage, which is definitely the lowest in his career. His shots are tied for the lowest with the year he came back from the bad injury...at least since 2016 when he played half the year in Denver behind Jokic.

But someone will be unhappy. I think Beal is the one guy who seems to accept more or fewer shots (which is nice given he has always been the #1 in WAS), but KD, Book, Gordon and Nurkic definitely want theirs.

But yeah, he's definitely being passive agressive with the second comment, particularly the last part.

Return to Phoenix Suns