Welcome Jusuf Nurkić

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,188

Re: Welcome Jusuf Nurkić 

Post#321 » by Frank Lee » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:14 pm

Nice Jacket though 8-)

90 second interview….pluck one line out of it and thats the narrative. Dude just answered a question.

And truly…. Anyone here think Green has changed? He has responded to the discipline, oooo a suspension… and a little public berating that somehow flipped to sympathetic over his ‘issues’, the waaa waaa Dray needs help BS….. but you cant fix crazy. He DOES have issues and plays right on the edge of dirty… the refs allow it and are the enablers in this equation. The chump would have been fighting nightly in the 80s/90s and Teed up more than Rasheed.

Nurk is 100% on this one. Look forward to the next match up with the arrogant GStaters (dont forget Klay’s little show)
What ? Me Worry ?
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,056

Post#322 » by sunsbg » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:09 pm

I guess at least there would be some drama and entertainment with Nurk if we get bounced by GSW(Green) in the play in or Nuggets(Jokic) in the first round.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,257

Post#323 » by enigmatics » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:43 pm

Dzon Dilindzer wrote:its possible that nurk expected dray to apologize and say that hes sorry to his face, but it didnt happen and in the game there was trash talk from both players and to be fair, dray didnt do nothing bad, so the comments nurk made after the match make him look bad, he was salty cause dray outplayed him and his team lost and he just couldnt deal with the situation, both on and off the court

the time to make comments like that (which are valid) were after the game in which he hit him in the head, not last night...

Now there's a time when he can or cannot make comments about it?

Holy hell are you a sh- stirrer when it comes to psycho-analyzing Nurk. Then again your Blazers continue to soil themselves so it's not like you have anything else to talk about. :lol:
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#324 » by enigmatics » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:44 pm

garrick wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
"It's sad. He didn't learn anything. Just a matter of time. He's going to hit somebody else again. Take back everything I said. He don't deserve a chance."

Jusuf Nurkic on Draymond Green, who got suspended after hitting him in face Dec. 12.

"Antics. Try to hit people."

Read on Twitter

I love the way Nurkic is dealing with Draymond Green and his ****. They won this RS game on a crazy shot by Curry, but if we face them in the playoffs you know that Draymond is gonna do some crazy stuff against Nurkic and we are gonna take a huge advantage of that.

I dunno I just think these kind of public baiting comments are just more fuel for the fire if we happen to meet GSW in the playoffs.

Nurk needs to let his game play for himself, this public spat makes him look petty and insecure.

Self-professed Aytonholic thinks something Nurk said is petty.

Also in the news - water is wet.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#325 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:31 pm

Just wanna say I really like Nurk
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,056

Post#326 » by sunsbg » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:43 pm

If our players are going to act arrogant with stupid 'too small' gestures they better be ready to back it up with great play and wins, otherwise as we know they may end up on a meme and become the laughing stock of the league.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#327 » by enigmatics » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:33 pm

sunsbg wrote:If our players are going to act arrogant with stupid 'too small' gestures they better be ready to back it up with great play and wins, otherwise as we know they may end up on a meme and become the laughing stock of the league.

Honestly man that's the whole league. I see it in every non-Suns game I watch along with rocking the baby, the 3pt injection, etc etc.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,830

Post#328 » by Saberestar » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:50 am

Read on Twitter

What a massive block.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#329 » by Saberestar » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:01 am

Serious question...

Is Nurkic overplaying his contract?

55 games into the season my answer is YES because he has shown that he is an above average starting C and his health hasn't been an issue at all.

11.8 points, 10.2 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 1.0 steals and 1.0 blocks playing 27.2 mpg.

And it's not only about stats. The guy is playing hard, he is tough but smart and his commitment is total.

We got him with this one +2 years left in his contract. $54M/3 years. It looks nice.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,726

Post#330 » by sunsbum » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:06 am

Saberestar wrote:Serious question...

55 games into the season my answer is YES because he has shown that he is an above average starting C and his health hasn't been an issue at all.

11.8 points, 10.2 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 1.0 steals and 1.0 blocks playing 27.2 mpg.

And it's not only about stats. The guy is playing hard, he is tough but smart and his commitment is total.

We got him with this one +2 years left in his contract. $54M/3 years. It looks nice.
I'd take Grayson and Nurk 100 times out of 100 over Ayton so my answer is yes.
Flex is now your father.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#331 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:46 pm

sunsbum wrote:

The Ayton trade is a slam dunk for us even if for cap reasons alone. We can't carry 4 max contracts into the new CBA without heavy consequences past this season, the fact Allen and Nurks play has exceeded our expectations has made the deal an even bigger win.

The only regret over the trade was giving up Camara, should have just offered a future 2nd instead.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#332 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:12 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

What a massive block.

I love that earlier on in the season KD (and also Book at times) would visibility go at Nurk on the court for making mistakes and I always felt bad for him because he's still learning the system and the players and it wasn't like KD was flawless himself either (far from it).

But now you're seeing those back and forth (on court and I'm sure in practice) pay dividends. They have a solid 2-man game going.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#333 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:39 pm

sunsbum wrote:

When it was initially only Nurk and fillers for DA as per the rumours (it was before we knew Grayson was in the package), I thought we should've just kept DA but I think I've just been so mentally conditioned to expect so little from our C position that it was better to stick with the devil I knew. Boy was I wrong. Nurk and Grayson have been two of my favourite players and while individually neither are as "talented" or has the "upside" of DA, they bring so much more than what I could have imagined.

Nurk at around $17m a year would plot him right around where JV, Mitchell Robinson and Vuc sit on the C salary list. If you look at the $20m range, you're looking at guys like Turner, Capela, Jarret Allen, Poeltl. I think he's perfectly situated where he is salary-wise and bordering on underpaid given the size of his role and his importance on this team. Like, I probably wouldn't have an issue even if he was on Capela or Turner money at around that $20m mark even though there are parts of Capela and Turner's game which I would prefer.

I do think because he started off with a relatively low base salary at $15.6m, those yearly raises are very reasonable
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,159

Post#334 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:34 pm

Read on Twitter
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#335 » by kennydorglas » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:55 pm

Didnt know Ishbia went on PMS. Ill definitely check this out now.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,188

Post#336 » by Frank Lee » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:37 pm

New generation owner. Christ, Jerry Co was never seen in public without a suit. Hoodie Mat’s refreshing rah rah is believable. He’s all in…. For real. I’m thinking the players must dig this guy. Especially in the footsteps of BoobyS. Dude is hecticelectric

He has the means, but can he find the ways?
What ? Me Worry ?
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,513

Post#337 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:16 pm

Frank Lee wrote:New generation owner. Christ, Jerry Co was never seen in public without a suit. Hoodie Mat’s refreshing rah rah is believable. He’s all in…. For real. I’m thinking the players must dig this guy. Especially in the footsteps of BoobyS. Dude is hecticelectric

He has the means, but can he find the ways?

Look how crazy and wild Mark Cuban is and yet the Mavs managed to win two titles under his watch. It doesn’t matter how Matt Ishbia presents himself as long as we achieve something special with him under our helm.
DanEu
Freshman
And1: 111

Post#338 » by DanEu » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:22 pm

I always had a soft spot for Nurk ever since I saw him play for my local team as a scrawny teen.
I'm glad he is doing well. Deserves all the good things for working as hard as he did. Good luck to him and the suns in the playoffs.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#339 » by Saberestar » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:48 am

Def reb/75 poss: 10.3 (98%tile)
Def reb/game: 7.6 (98%tile)
Off reb/75 poss: 3.4 (87%tile)
Off reb per game: 2.6 (96%tile)
% of rim shots contested: 46.6% (95%tile)
Blk/75 poss: 1.3 (82%tile)
Rim pts saved/75 poss: 0.8 (93%tile)

Read on Twitter

One of the best rebounders in the league and his rim protection is better than adequate for an starting C.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,916

Post#340 » by Fo-Real » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:32 am

I love NURK!!!

Return to Phoenix Suns