Welcome Grayson Allen - signs 4 yr/$70 million extension

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,788

Re: Welcome Grayson Allen 

Post#121 » by Qwigglez » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:30 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Did you mean to sticky this Qwigglez? I guess an extension is worth a sticky for 20 hours. I am going to unsticky now though. I will update thread title..

Yeah it was only meant for a day or two just to discuss the extension.

BTW, I am very happy the Suns were able to sign Grayson. I don't particularly care about the luxury tax implications since I'm not the one paying it, plus the Suns are already going to pay it and are limited in the moves they can make, adding more cash to it is probably the best approach.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,504

Post#122 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:46 pm

Qwigglez wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Did you mean to sticky this Qwigglez? I guess an extension is worth a sticky for 20 hours. I am going to unsticky now though. I will update thread title..

BTW, I am very happy the Suns were able to sign Grayson. I don't particularly care about the luxury tax implications since I'm not the one paying it, plus the Suns are already going to pay it and are limited in the moves they can make, adding more cash to it is probably the best approach.

Yeah, it doesn't matter, even though half of the Suns fans will despise him in no more than 2 years for some reason.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,666

Post#123 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:13 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:

Yeah, it doesn't matter, even though half of the Suns fans will despise him in no more than 2 years for some reason.

Grayson or Ishbia?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,504

Post#124 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:46 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:Yeah it was only meant for a day or two just to discuss the extension.

Grayson or Ishbia?

Grayson....just because that's what happens with Suns fans. He will fall back down to normal in 3 pt shooting (which is still solid at like 40% or so) or have a bad streak and half the fans will hate him.

Half the fans ALREADY can't stand Ishbia.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#125 » by TASTIC » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:43 pm

garrick wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Asked James Jones about Grayson Allen and a potential extension. He first joked, “You’re asking me to project 5 months from now?”

Then: “We don’t want him to go anywhere, which is why he’s here. There’s plenty of interest in Grayson Allen, but no one values him more than we do”

Read on Twitter

I wish he valued him when Milwaukee offered to trade him straight up for Jae Crowder.

Glad we didn't sign him to 20m per so 70M over 4 years is fair value. Now we better resign Royce O'Neal because he's been just as impactful as Grayson in the short time he's been here.

This. Something like 2yr $20m might get him to stay? Suspect he'd get like a $50m over 4yr if/when he hits the open market.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,854

Post#126 » by Saberestar » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:56 pm

TASTIC wrote:
garrick wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wish he valued him when Milwaukee offered to trade him straight up for Jae Crowder.

Glad we didn't sign him to 20m per so 70M over 4 years is fair value. Now we better resign Royce O'Neal because he's been just as impactful as Grayson in the short time he's been here.

This. Something like 2yr $20m might get him to stay? Suspect he'd get like a $50m over 4yr if/when he hits the open market.

Yeah, Spotrac says that we can extend him at most for $20.5M/2 years.

O’Neale has given Phoenix exactly what they hoped for as a 3&D wing. Sure, it’s a limited sample with the Suns, but this is who O’Neale is. He’s eligible to sign for two years and $20.5 million. That feels just about right for both O’Neale and Phoenix.

$10.25M per year looks fair for him and the Suns, but I guess he can get a longer and a bit richer contract from us in the summer. Something like $35M/3 years or $45M/4 years.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,666

Post#127 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:50 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Grayson or Ishbia?

Grayson....just because that's what happens with Suns fans. He will fall back down to normal in 3 pt shooting (which is still solid at like 40% or so) or have a bad streak and half the fans will hate him.

Half the fans ALREADY can't stand Ishbia.

I dunno if I should be surprised or not about this. Outside of the KD trade/going all in and some of the reported off court stuff, I don't see much to genuinely dislike about him. Like people forget going all in is already a massive departure from Sarver, on top of that bringing back a G-League team, getting Amare/Trix into the ROF (execution could've been better but hey), the free local games etc

I get people can have a negative opinion on the KD trade (I initially did too) but the way it's been framed, it make it seem like we broke apart the 64win Suns midseason to get KD....
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,032

Post#128 » by garrick » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:30 pm

TASTIC wrote:
garrick wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah 10m per season sounds about right but who knows he might try to force our hand knowing we don't really have any options in free agency to sign anyone else.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,788

Re: Welcome Grayson Allen - signs 4 yr/$70 million extension 

Post#129 » by Qwigglez » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:04 pm

I think saying Royce has been as impactful as Grayson is a slight exaggeration, but will agree that he has had a tremendous impact on the team. I could see a team offering Royce a bit more than what the Suns can offer him, probably multiple teams. Still... I'm hopeful playing with KD, Booker, and Beal convinces him to stay with the Suns.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,256

Post#130 » by skywalker33 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:40 am

Not a great playoff ROI tonight
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,231

Post#131 » by MrMiyagi » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:11 am

Seems like this one is becoming another classic too-soon move by Wishy-Ishy...
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft

Return to Phoenix Suns