KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 800

Re: Welcome Grayson Allen 

Post#81 » by KdoubleDees23 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 3:19 pm

Crives wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:
Crives wrote:Can we extend Allen?

TBH - I think it would suck to let him go, but if we can get Tyus Jones for him, I would be onboard. We need a PG, and I think Tyus will help our team.

Allen is replaceable once we get healthy.

With Beal/Booker healthy, Allen is much more important than Tyus. We would be trading an elite role player that fits perfectly in the starting lineup for a backup pg. tyus is not starting.

I think Tyus would bring us more wins and gel us better. He is a creator.

I love allen and his hustle. But Tyus would fit just as well if not better
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,830

Post#82 » by Saberestar » Sun Jan 7, 2024 3:20 pm

Crives wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:
Crives wrote:Can we extend Allen?

TBH - I think it would suck to let him go, but if we can get Tyus Jones for him, I would be onboard. We need a PG, and I think Tyus will help our team.

With Beal/Booker healthy, Allen is much more important than Tyus. We would be trading an elite role player that fits perfectly in the starting lineup for a backup pg. tyus is not starting.

Absolutely.

Allen is a much better fit than an small PG, we need to retain him with a long-term contract.
KdoubleDees23
Rookie

Post#83 » by KdoubleDees23 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 3:24 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Crives wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:

Absolutely.

Allen is a much better fit than an small PG, we need to retain him with a long-term contract.

Just wait till we get an actual PG. This team will look 5 x's better
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#84 » by Saberestar » Sun Jan 7, 2024 3:29 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Crives wrote:

Absolutely.

We are that good already with Beal and Book as a PG/SG.

4W-1L with Beal back and we don't have any problem with TOs.

Just 11 TOs in the last game.
KdoubleDees23
Rookie

Post#85 » by KdoubleDees23 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 3:38 pm

Saberestar wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Absolutely.

We will see. Playoffs we will need someone on the bench who can be a creator and flow
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,513

Post#86 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:50 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:

We will see. Playoffs we will need someone on the bench who can be a creator and flow

Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game!
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#87 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:17 pm

On The Timeline podcast they said that we can offer now an extension to Grayson Allen to avoid FA. They said that the max that we can offer him is $75M/4 years.

What do you think about offer him that contract? I think could be a good idea to retain him for sure.
Fifii
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#88 » by Fifii » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:24 pm

In new CBA is very hard have three All Stars and expensive rollers. I think we lose him in FA because we are above second appron.

Yea I agree that is good idea keep him but we don’t have enough for him. Trade him is nonsense because he is our best player in this RS ( better than Beal ) except KD and Devin.

I don’t believe that we have Beal with the worse contact in NBA and we can’t do anything and sign only minimum and don’t have our pick. If Beal cant start playing as All Star we are in black ass
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#89 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:53 pm

Saberestar wrote:On The Timeline podcast they said that we can offer now an extension to Grayson Allen to avoid FA. They said that the max that we can offer him is $75M/4 years.

What do you think about offer him that contract? I think could be a good idea to retain him for sure.

I think it would be a mistake to allow him to go into FA. Not saying there's going to be big spenders out there looking to drop major coin to get him but I think on a reasonable deal like say $12-$15m a year, he would be an asset should we want to make a trade later down the road.

The guy is having a career year, he's shooting a league's best 47.2% from 3 on good volume, he rebounds, he passes, he takes care of the ball and he's solid defensively. I think a lot of team would want a guy like him.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#90 » by Saberestar » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:57 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:On The Timeline podcast they said that we can offer now an extension to Grayson Allen to avoid FA. They said that the max that we can offer him is $75M/4 years.

I think it would be a mistake to allow him to go into FA. Not saying there's going to be big spenders out there looking to drop major coin to get him but I think on a reasonable deal like say $12-$15m a year, he would be an asset should we want to make a trade later down the road.

The guy is having a career year, he's shooting a league's best 47.2% from 3 on good volume, he rebounds, he passes, he takes care of the ball and he's solid defensively. I think a lot of team would want a guy like him.

Yeah, but on that max contract extension he would earn close to $19M per year. I doubt he signs now for less than that, he can have bigger offers in the summer.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#91 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:57 am

Saberestar wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

Yeah, but on that max contract extension he would earn close to $19M per year. I doubt he signs now for less than that, he can have bigger offers in the summer.

Probably right. We need to get it done IMO. We have no other assets if we can't retain him
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#92 » by sashaturiaf » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:32 pm

No point extending now when he's playing so well. If he shows out in the playoffs he'll still get what he'll get now, and if he **** the bed in the playoffs we'll get him for much cheaper.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,513

Post#93 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:42 pm

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/allengr01.html

From his rookie to 4th season, Allen has elevated his ppg and FG % every single year in the playoffs. I don’t see why he can’t score a couple more points this year or at least put up 11.5 ppg like previous year with the Bucks. Either way we have to find a way to retain him. He’s a bucket getter and we need a sharpshooter like him on our team.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#94 » by King4Day » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:47 pm

Does this mean we can offer him whatever we would want if he doesn't sign an extension?

Regardless, I expect him to wait it out. He knows the Suns are limited with assets and MUST sign him back. If he can squeeze more, he will.
I expect him to net 20-25 per this summer (from us if we can offer it)
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
RedIndian
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,820

Post#95 » by RedIndian » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:07 am

I like him, and would like to keep him, but worth bearing in mind that he's 6'4 and one of 4 shooting guards on the roster. If we could package Little + Allen to get a proper 3nD wing, I would consider it. The Timeline guys gave Dorian Finney-Smith as an example - I'd seriously consider that. I think that balances out our roster much better. Not sure the Nets would trade DFS for that package though - they'd probably set the price at two 1sts.
RedIndian
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,820

Post#96 » by RedIndian » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:09 am

King4Day wrote:

Does this mean we can offer him whatever we would want if he doesn't sign an extension?

Regardless, I expect him to wait it out. He knows the Suns are limited with assets and MUST sign him back. If he can squeeze more, he will.

Nah, I think the Max Strus contract of 4/64 is the benchmark for him. Cam got 25 million a year because he's 6'8 and thus a lot more valuable defensively.

Allen is ok defensively, but you'll find in the playoffs that some of the stars will start targeting him. That sort of player can't command 20-25 million.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#97 » by Bogyo » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:38 am

RedIndian wrote:
King4Day wrote:

Nah, I think the Max Strus contract of 4/64 is the benchmark for him. Cam got 25 million a year because he's 6'8 and thus a lot more valuable defensively.

Allen is ok defensively, but you'll find in the playoffs that some of the stars will start targeting him. That sort of player can't command 20-25 million.

Spot on. I think that really makes sense. However I think other teams can offer him more - and if someone offers him 80-84 mio, then it is up to him to stay or go. Then it depends on how much he values the extra 5-10 mill, and who is offering it to him, and what kind of future he sees for us and the other franchise...
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#98 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:02 pm

Grayson Allen over his last 12 games:

• 17.1 PPG
• 54/52/96 splits
• +93 plus-minus
• 74% true shooting

He leads all guards this season in true shooting percentage at 68.5%
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,160

Post#99 » by spanishninja » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:45 pm

I think we are going to need Emma Stone to join these negotiation meetings with Grayson.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#100 » by sashaturiaf » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:47 pm

RedIndian wrote:

I like him, and would like to keep him, but worth bearing in mind that he's 6'4 and one of 4 shooting guards on the roster. If we could package Little + Allen to get a proper 3nD wing, I would consider it. The Timeline guys gave Dorian Finney-Smith as an example - I'd seriously consider that. I think that balances out our roster much better. Not sure the Nets would trade DFS for that package though - they'd probably set the price at two 1sts.

Agree with your thoughts but just not for Finney Smith, He's offensively inept. We don't need a point forward back but at least someone with some floor game.

Return to Phoenix Suns