Around the NBA - 23-24 Other playoff series

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,798

Re: Around the NBA - 23-24 Other playoff series 

Post#241 » by Qwigglez » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:44 am

Back to the Nuggets game though, when I saw Lebron miss that 3, I said uh-oh, this could be it.

Read on Twitter
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,683

Post#242 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:36 am

Revived wrote:Jamal Murray is crazy man. He’s the best clutch guard in the NBA outside of maybe Steph.

Playoff Jamal is ridiculous
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,683

Post#243 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:38 am

Qwigglez wrote:Back to the Nuggets game though, when I saw Lebron miss that 3, I said uh-oh, this could be it.

Read on Twitter

It was solid defense as well. Shooting a fadeaway over the outstretched arm of Anthony Davis is no joke
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
sunsfan1o1
Pro Prospect
And1: 756

Post#244 » by sunsfan1o1 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:33 am

These playoffs are trash. It’s not even entertaining anymore. It’s obvious now the NBA is the WWE
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,634

Post#245 » by Revived » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:48 pm

Couple really bad calls yesterday. I say that despite both calls going against teams I don’t really care much for.

First in the Philly game, Nick Nurse was calling timeout on the inbound that’s clearly visible on replay (and YouTube). Refs ignore it. Then Maxey gets mugged on the steal and no foul there.

Second, DLo clearly get hit in the head. They don’t call it. They say it was after he released the ball and marginal contact…getting whacked in the head even right after shot release should definitely be a foul.

Officiating needs to be more consistent.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,527

Post#246 » by bwgood77 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:56 pm

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:Sixers and Knicks feel like they’re playing an entirely different sport compared to how the Suns play lol.

I watched a little bit of the Magic/Cavs game and we’re more in that tier for sure.

Brunson has been horrible though. That was a REALLY lucky 3. He was 7-28 before that and 0-5 from 3. In the first game he was 8-26 and also 1-6 from 3. So he's 2-12 from 3.

Hart and DiVincenzo are saving the team with their shooting (and Hart's rebounding).

That was a complete choke job by the Sixers though....for Sixers fans that must have been a brutal loss. I can't imagine if that happened to the Suns...Maxey looked like Brandon Knight when he turned it over. He had the ball and tried to pass it while laying down...right by the guy next to him. Then he had that horrible drive way to hard off the backboard.

Hartenstein was huge down the stretch. I don't know where Embiid was boxing out or rebounding, though I guess DD's first 3 was not a really close rebound.

I wanted Hartenstein earlier in the season. Imagine if we had him instead of Eubanks.

But yeah Brunson’s been terrible. Nick Nurse is excellent at game planning to take away the opposing team’s best player though.

Yeah, I hadn't paid much attention to Hartenstein before but those were some BIG TIME hustle moments and huge plays at a very important juncture of a huge playoff game. Do we have one guy who plays with that much energy?

Honestly I noticed when there was a steal and a fastbreak by the Wolves the other night the only guy aggressively running back on D was Beal and he was coming up with nice steals in the game and stuff.

Booker will hustle back, but ONLY when someone steals it from HIM.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#247 » by bwgood77 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:59 pm

Qwigglez wrote:Not gonna lie I was hoping Lakers would win this game just to put more pressure on the Nuggets. But this was probably one of the craziest games I've seen in a while.

Yeah, I'd rather see a good series...would have loved to see Philly and LA win. I don't want LA to win the series, though I guess that is better for us if we win..getting HCA and probably an easier opponent. But those teams blew leads big time...that Philly ending was a disaster.

If you can't beat them when Brunson is playing that poorly, you have serious problems. I won't be surprised if Philly crushed them in Philly though, at least in the next game.
Revived
RealGM

Post#248 » by Revived » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:20 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Brunson has been horrible though. That was a REALLY lucky 3. He was 7-28 before that and 0-5 from 3. In the first game he was 8-26 and also 1-6 from 3. So he's 2-12 from 3.

Hart and DiVincenzo are saving the team with their shooting (and Hart's rebounding).

That was a complete choke job by the Sixers though....for Sixers fans that must have been a brutal loss. I can't imagine if that happened to the Suns...Maxey looked like Brandon Knight when he turned it over. He had the ball and tried to pass it while laying down...right by the guy next to him. Then he had that horrible drive way to hard off the backboard.

Hartenstein was huge down the stretch. I don't know where Embiid was boxing out or rebounding, though I guess DD's first 3 was not a really close rebound.

I wanted Hartenstein earlier in the season. Imagine if we had him instead of Eubanks.

But yeah Brunson’s been terrible. Nick Nurse is excellent at game planning to take away the opposing team’s best player though.

Yeah, I hadn't paid much attention to Hartenstein before but those were some BIG TIME hustle moments and huge plays at a very important juncture of a huge playoff game. Do we have one guy who plays with that much energy?

Honestly I noticed when there was a steal and a fastbreak by the Wolves the other night the only guy aggressively running back on D was Beal and he was coming up with nice steals in the game and stuff.

Booker will hustle back, but ONLY when someone steals it from HIM.

Okogie is the only one who has that type of hustle on the entire Suns team. But he’s one of the worst offensive players in the entire league so it’s tough to play him mins…but he should probably be seeing mins over Eric Gordon at this point anyway.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,575

Post#249 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:42 am

Luka continues to murder the Clippers. He’s so clutch!!! It almost feels like we could have had him on our team. Oh wait…
Revived
RealGM

Post#250 » by Revived » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:50 am

Mavs are a fun team to watch. Their roster is so damn well put together. It reminds me of the Suns roster in our 2021 run except with even more star power as Luka is way better than Booker and Kyrie is way better than CP3.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#251 » by Qwigglez » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:24 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=jSaGPgod7zr7JpdCFO6lvw
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#252 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:28 am

Qwigglez wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow! Chris Paul still misses his clipper days. I don’t blame him that was a great team with Deandre, JJ, Griffin etc.. they just couldn’t get over the hump and beat OKC/Warriors. I’m guessing he has two houses one in LA and one in Phoenix?
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#253 » by spanishninja » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:51 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow! Chris Paul still misses his clipper days. I don’t blame him that was a great team with Deandre, JJ, Griffin etc.. they just couldn’t get over the hump and beat OKC/Warriors. I’m guessing he has two houses one in LA and one in Phoenix?

i bet next stop he shows up for our g4 to watch the sweep.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#254 » by Qwigglez » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:17 pm

CP3 just loves hoops. This is why he's able to play at 38 years old being only 6 foot tall. He knows every small detail. I wish he was part of our coaching staff, or even played for us still. I remember we'd run the same play over and over and over and over again until the defense makes the proper adjustment and then we'd run something else.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#255 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

Revived wrote:Mavs are a fun team to watch. Their roster is so damn well put together. It reminds me of the Suns roster in our 2021 run except with even more star power as Luka is way better than Booker and Kyrie is way better than CP3.

I think both of those teams are fun to watch. If we get knocked out I'd pull for one of them or OKC (unfortunately they played each other and winner will play OKC in round 2).

Luka is so good at getting his shot off...and passing of course. I was watching a bit of him last night thinking he makes it look so much easier than our guys were.

Of course they are not playing the Wolves either with Gobert in the middle and Jaden Williams but when Kawhi turns it up a notch and George, etc, they obviously have some very good defenders.
Revived
RealGM

Post#256 » by Revived » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:02 am

Even Miami was able to win at least one game on the road against arguably the best team in the league Boston. That too without Jimmy Butler, their best player.

Coaching matters. Spoelstra is insane.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,222

Post#257 » by Slim Charless » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:25 am

Qwigglez wrote:CP3 just loves hoops. This is why he's able to play at 38 years old being only 6 foot tall. He knows every small detail. I wish he was part of our coaching staff, or even played for us still. I remember we'd run the same play over and over and over and over again until the defense makes the proper adjustment and then we'd run something else.

Should've never have gotten rid of him. He was the leader of the team. What we needed to do was grab a young point and have him back up and learn from CP3, then take over when he's done.

The fire lacking on the team is apparent and it wouldn't exist if Chris was still here.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,568

Post#258 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:59 am

Revived wrote:Even Miami was able to win at least one game on the road against arguably the best team in the league Boston. That too without Jimmy Butler, their best player.

Coaching matters. Spoelstra is insane.

For sure you're right man! Coaching does matter always! But even more so what makes Miami so tough is their culture! They have a tough, gritty, physical style of play built over a long time under Riley and Spoelstra. They're mentally tough too and not at all afraid of pressure situations.

Our franchise on the other hand went in the complete other direction being a soft, mentally weak nice guy goody goody culture in order to try and change optics/ perception of our team and franchise image just to try and reverse all the damage done by Savers' frat boy immature azz hattery over his tenure here. And the problem with that is you can't be the soft, fluffy, lovable bunny rabbits in life and expect to mor get mauled by the bigger tougher and more aggressive coyotes and foxes metaphorically.

Our franchise has basically become the little quiet nerdy undersized captain of the chess club school boy trying to take on the gigantic aggressive, physical school bully and that also never works out ( except in the movies) but not reality. Our culture and mindset has to change dramatically and we have to get much tougher and more physically and athletically dominant in order to not keep getting trampled/ pushed around :dontknow:
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,078

Post#259 » by sunsbg » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:33 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:CP3 just loves hoops. This is why he's able to play at 38 years old being only 6 foot tall. He knows every small detail. I wish he was part of our coaching staff, or even played for us still. I remember we'd run the same play over and over and over and over again until the defense makes the proper adjustment and then we'd run something else.

Should've never have gotten rid of him. He was the leader of the team. What we needed to do was grab a young point and have him back up and learn from CP3, then take over when he's done.

The fire lacking on the team is apparent and it wouldn't exist if Chris was still here.

Jones said no to CP3's replacement in Haliburton. He should be fired for that alone.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#260 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:38 pm

sunsbg wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Jones said no to CP3's replacement in Haliburton. He should be fired for that alone.

Jones and Vogel are being fired this offseason don’t worry it’s a done deal. Matt Ishbia is smart he won’t allow those two to ruin this team even further. He’s quick and calculating. More help is on the way.

Return to Phoenix Suns