bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,484

Re: Around the NBA - 23-24 

Post#141 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 8, 2023 7:36 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:
Puff wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:DAMN, Luka has a 29 pt triple double...AT HALFTIME. That might be the craziest stat I've ever seen.

If you and I would have been making the decision in the draft room, it would have been Doncic not Ayton.

Imagine Doncic, Booker and Halliburton as a big three along with Mikal and Johnson. That could have happened, I think.

James Jones and company have made a mess of this franchise. I still root for them, but it just is not the same as the Monty years and for sure not as fun and the 7 second or less years.

How many games will the big three play together this season?

We are finished the first 1/4 of the season and they have not played one game together.

WTF

Doncic booker and Mikal was definitely a possibility. Imagine that.

Halliburton then who knows…we wouldn’t have had the same record to be at the same draft position most probably.

Yeah, if we got Luka I doubt we get Haliburton, but would still probably have Bridges, and instead of Okobo or whoever we took in the 2nd round I think we could have had Mitchell Robinson...or gotten a C later.

At this point Haliburton is ALMOST as good as Luka. I think really the only things Luka has over him are rebounding and the big time shots....stepping up at the end of games and big games...oh, and getting to the line, but Luka isn't a very good FT shooter

Haliburton is probably a top 10 player now.. He is like overall #4 in fantasy behind Shai, Jokic and Embiid, followed by Luka, KD and and AD.

But Hali beats Luka in assists, 3 pt scoring, and maybe making others better...kind of a CP3 type with better shooting from 3.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#142 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 8, 2023 7:42 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
KLEON wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:Lebron really gunning for that in-season tourney title. It might be his last chance to catch MJ in terms of accolades.

Sarcasm?
I've been battling Jordan stans my whole life so I will find it hilarious when LeBron stans use this in an argument. It's a bad faith argument obviously but the Jordans peeps will get so annoyed and I'll love it. For this one and only time I'm going to root for the Lakers on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app

In the GB arguments I always step in to say Kareem is the GOAT and at peak, Bird was right there with Jordan. Kareem has 6 titles and 6 MVPs, he has the longevity like LeBron and monster stats for years. So he ties Jordan in rings argument, and is right there with LeBron in longevity. He played until 41..

But Kareem played 4 years in college, and was already in his prime almost...or probably better than everyone in the NBA. And he won 4 titles.

I bring this up because LeBron came right out of HS and if Kareem did the same he may very well have more titles and MVPs. College titles are not easy to get in one and done either so 4 in a row is impressive. As a freshman, he led the freshman team to beat the rest of the roster who had also just won a title.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,726

Post#143 » by sunsbum » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:05 am

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39093519/ja-morant-takes-stand-says-punched-teen-self-defense

This fool aint learned a thing. Put him on the streets, I want to hear how hes broke and homeless 10 years from now.
Flex is now your father.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#144 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:01 pm

sunsbum wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39093519/ja-morant-takes-stand-says-punched-teen-self-defense

This fool aint learned a thing. Put him on the streets, I want to hear how hes broke and homeless 10 years from now.

Incredible

The altercation, which attorneys representing both sides questioned Morant about at great length, came during a pickup basketball game at Morant's Memphis-area home after Holloway, allegedly frustrated by losing several games, was accused of throwing a one-handed pass at Morant during a check ball situation. The ball hit Morant in the left side of his face, Morant testified Monday.

"You testified that this basketball was a weapon, yes?" Morant was asked by Holloway's attorney, Rebecca Adelman, during the cross-examination part of his testimony.

"Yes," Morant replied.

"A lethal weapon?" she asked.

"It hurt," Morant said.

Morant testified that during the altercation, he asked Holloway, "What you on?" Then, Morant said, Holloway didn't reply but instead pulled up his shorts.

"Him pulling up his shorts, where I'm from, that's a fighting stance," Morant said.

Morant said Holloway took a step toward him and that he then stepped forward and punched Holloway.

"I hit him first -- to protect myself," Morant said.

After that blow, Morant's close friend Davonte Pack, who also was in court Monday, punched Holloway.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,508

Post#145 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:40 am

Did Giannis put up 64 points tonight or is that a typo? I think it’s a typo no way Giannis can score that many points unless he hits like 25 free throws. Anyways, carry on folks nothing to see here.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,160

Post#146 » by spanishninja » Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:49 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:Did Giannis put up 64 points tonight or is that a typo? I think it’s a typo no way Giannis can score that many points unless he hits like 25 free throws. Anyways, carry on folks nothing to see here.

he went to the line 32 frigging times, or as many times as the Pacers combined. only surprise is that he actually hit 24 of them.

I loved how the Pacers trolled the **** out of him with the game ball drama.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#147 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:57 am

How Brunson isn’t shooting that well tonight, like he did against us? What a travesty!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#148 » by bwgood77 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:11 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:How Brunson isn’t shooting that well tonight, like he did against us? What a travesty!

Well, Terrance Mann is a really really good defender. Plus they have guys like George and Kawhi on defense. They create a lot of havoc. George, Kawhi and Harden are all top 10 in steals per game too.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#149 » by bwgood77 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:36 pm

The TWolves and Sixers have the best pt differentials in their conferences. Should be an interesting game. Philly seems to have been more impressive but I know the TWolves had the toughest schedule early.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#150 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:18 am

bwgood77 wrote:The TWolves and Sixers have the best pt differentials in their conferences. Should be an interesting game. Philly seems to have been more impressive but I know the TWolves had the toughest schedule early.

I have a huge parlay on Philly, Nuggets, Lakers if I lose I might be on a runaway for a few years. Don’t need mafia finding my whereabouts.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#151 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:49 am

Mavs and Clips always seem to have the best battles. I think they went to 7 games 2 years in a row in series. Right now they are both 16-10 in a tight game in the 4th. I'm a little surprised Dallas is sometimes playing very well without Kyrie. They are starting like Exum, DJJ, Powell and Grant Williams.

But George is out too.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,052

Post#152 » by sunsbg » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:36 am

The Kings will be extra motivated now after getting trashed at home by a team on b2b missing their best player.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#153 » by sunsbg » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:40 am

bwgood77 wrote:Mavs and Clips always seem to have the best battles. I think they went to 7 games 2 years in a row in series. Right now they are both 16-10 in a tight game in the 4th. I'm a little surprised Dallas is sometimes playing very well without Kyrie. They are starting like Exum, DJJ, Powell and Grant Williams.

But George is out too.

Clippers with Harden were the laughing stock of the league. Now they are on a big winning streak. Gives hope to us Suns fan that once Beal is back we'll figure it out too.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#154 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:45 am

sunsbg wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Mavs and Clips always seem to have the best battles. I think they went to 7 games 2 years in a row in series. Right now they are both 16-10 in a tight game in the 4th. I'm a little surprised Dallas is sometimes playing very well without Kyrie. They are starting like Exum, DJJ, Powell and Grant Williams.

But George is out too.

Clippers with Harden were the laughing stock of the league. Now they are on a big winning streak. Gives hope to us Suns fan that once Beal is back we'll figure it out too.

We’ll definitely figure things out and go on a 13 game winning streak soon.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#155 » by sunsbg » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:28 pm

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#156 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:56 pm

sunsbg wrote:

But George is out too.

Yeah, I figured it would take a while to integrate for them. Westbrook asked to go to the bench, and Mann starting helped. They had to get used to playing with Harden. Harden also held a meeting and said "Lets start playing with sense of urgency now and be a really good team like we know we will at the end of the year." We all know the Clips have not been taking the regular season seriously. Kawhi is probably taking off the fewest games in years.

They have much better depth and a bench than we do though
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#157 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:12 pm

BW, Wildcats rolling like Walmarts prices. I can’t see any team beating us in March madness.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#158 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:58 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:BW, Wildcats rolling like Walmarts prices. I can’t see any team beating us in March madness.

Well they did lose to Purdue. Don't they play someone good tomorrow? Alabama maybe? I think they also play Florida Atlantic before New Years who are pretty good.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#159 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:04 am

bwgood77 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:BW, Wildcats rolling like Walmarts prices. I can’t see any team beating us in March madness.

Well they did lose to Purdue. Don't they play someone good tomorrow? Alabama maybe? I think they also play Florida Atlantic before New Years who are pretty good.

Yes. They played Alabama was a close game in first half and Wildcats won by 13. Next game will be against Florida Atlantic on Saturday they’re the 14th seed. There’s just something about this team the way they play that has me believing we can make elite 8 or even better.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#160 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:16 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Yes. They played Alabama was a close game in first half and Wildcats won by 13. Next game will be against Florida Atlantic on Saturday they’re the 14th seed. There’s just something about this team the way they play that has me believing we can make elite 8 or even better.

Yes, I LOVE their coach and I love that they have so many international players from like 7 or 8 countries. Not too many college teams shoot well, but they shoot 50% and 38% from 3, which is great for college, and play tough D, rebound well, etc.

I think they can beat anyone and should get to the final 4 but the tournament is tough and you can't have one bad game.

I assume you mean FAU is ranked 14th and not the 14th seed.

Return to Phoenix Suns