Around the NBA - 23-24 Other playoff series

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Re: Around the NBA - 23-24 

Post#101 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:13 am

sunsbg wrote:Give me Suns vs Kings in IST please. That winner by Monk against GSW was crazy. First need to kick Lakers ass though.

Up 6 with like 90s left. Felt a lot like the Suns late 4th quarter collapse against the Warriors.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#102 » by Mulhollanddrive » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:52 am

Cuban sells majority stake, remains in charge of basketball operations lol imagine if Sarver did that.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#103 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:04 pm

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Cuban sells majority stake, remains in charge of basketball operations lol imagine if Sarver did that.
No, I'm not a masochist so I will not imagine that :)

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,484

Post#104 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:27 pm

sunsbg wrote:Give me Suns vs Kings in IST please. That winner by Monk against GSW was crazy. First need to kick Lakers ass though.

Wow, what the hell? Last i checked GS was up by almost 20 or something, so I didn't check back. Some other great games between Houston and Dallas and Minnesota and OKC.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,508

Post#105 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:36 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

Wow, what the hell? Last i checked GS was up by almost 20 or something, so I didn't check back. Some other great games between Houston and Dallas and Minnesota and OKC.

People enjoy their crazy comebacks. Before you had to battle to come back down 20+ usually takes you 2+ quarters but now a 15 point lead is only safe for couple of minutes. Everyone wants to be a three point shooter the game has lost its identity. We are seeing more blowouts than we have ever seen before. But yeah, I’m the old man that yells at clouds. This post will be disregarded and attacked by grumpy along with others who are tired of seeing same posts. Blah blah blah don’t care anymore I say however I see it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#106 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:50 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

People enjoy their crazy comebacks. Before you had to battle to come back down 20+ usually takes you 2+ quarters but now a 15 point lead is only safe for couple of minutes. Everyone wants to be a three point shooter the game has lost its identity. We are seeing more blowouts than we have ever seen before. But yeah, I’m the old man that yells at clouds. This post will be disregarded and attacked by grumpy along with others who are tired of seeing same posts. Blah blah blah don’t care anymore I say however I see it.
The problem is as long as the math works that shooting 35% from 3 is better than shooting 50% from 2 teams will keep letting them fly.

I actually agree that it's not great for the sport. The best solution would be a radical change where you make current 2s worth 3 pts and 3s worth 4pts. That changes the math and youd see more mid range game.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,052

Post#107 » by sunsbg » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:55 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

Yeah it was 16p lead late in 3rd for GSW when I woke up and checked the box score and my guy Vezenkov had not entered the game so I was not that interested but still turned the TV on. Warriors had to win by 12 or more to advance in the tournament so there was still some intrigue. Then Vezenkov enters and finishes with 54 NetRtg and Kings win with a crazy comeback down 5-6 in last min. I'd say it was worth watching it. :) Fingers crossed we meet Kings in the semis, that way it's guaranteed I'll have a team to root for in the final. Preferably Suns of course. :) Somewhat meaningless tournament, but still some fun.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,508

Post#108 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:05 pm

sunsbg wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Yeah it was 16p lead late in 3rd for GSW when I woke up and checked the box score and my guy Vezenkov had not entered the game so I was not that interested but still turned the TV on. Warriors had to win by 12 or more to advance in the tournament so there was still some intrigue. Then Vezenkov enters and finishes with 54 NetRtg and Kings win with a crazy comeback down 5-6 in last min. I'd say it was worth watching it. :) Fingers crossed we meet Kings in the semis, that way it's guaranteed I'll have a team to root for in the final. Preferably Suns of course. :) Somewhat meaningless tournament, but still some fun.

You are from Nicosia Cyprus too?
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#109 » by sunsbg » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:27 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

You are from Nicosia Cyprus too?

Nope. Bulgaria. Vezenkov was born in Cyprus to Bulgarian parents and plays for our NT. Nice to have another Bulgarian in NBA after almost 40 years. First one played for Suns as a matter of fact, though I'm not a fan because of it, just weird coincidence.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM

Post#110 » by Mulhollanddrive » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:56 pm

Random timing conference predictions

1 Denver
2 Phoenix
3 Minnesota
4 OKC
5 Sacramento
6 Dallas
-----
7 Clippers
8 GSW
9 Lakers
10 New Orleans
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM

Post#111 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sat Dec 2, 2023 12:26 am

So sounds like Giddey got reverse Epstein'd.

Why have sex in the real world when there's arguing safely on the internet.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#112 » by bwgood77 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 4:57 am

Camara with a chase down game saving block to take their game to OT.

Derrick Lively III with 20, 16 and 7 blocks tonight.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#113 » by sunsbg » Sun Dec 3, 2023 6:10 am

Mavs apparently with another 30-0 run is crazy. They also had one against Clippers. For some reason teams forget how to score against them as we already knew as Suns fans.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#114 » by Bogyo » Sun Dec 3, 2023 7:17 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:So sounds like Giddey got reverse Epstein'd.

Not really following - he got tricked into something?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#115 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Dec 3, 2023 4:12 pm

Bogyo wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:So sounds like Giddey got reverse Epstein'd.

Not really following - he got tricked into something?
Potentially. This is one of those situations where we'll need to see all the information before passing judgement. Could really range from Giddy being a creep or just naive and reckless.

NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#116 » by NapoleonII » Sun Dec 3, 2023 4:32 pm

What's the one team you're hoping loses every single game they play?

For me, and for obvious reasons, it's GSW.

Can't really stand the "light years ahead" nonsense and how freaking lucky they've been. They didn't deserve (or need) KD IMO.

On the other side, any franchises you find yourself supporting? Non-Phoenix team you're rooting for?

For me, it's the Timberwolves. Got a buddy who's in a similar boat -- no championship despite some years of success, wasted draft picks. They're having a hell of a year.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#117 » by Kyler Murray » Sun Dec 3, 2023 9:45 pm

Can't stand lebrons teams for some reason, and now that's he's on the Lakers that's a no no for me.
Secretly rooting for OKC becuz they have a crazy young and talented core and a little bit for the TWolves Cuz I like ant
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#118 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Dec 3, 2023 9:50 pm

NapoleonII wrote:What's the one team you're hoping loses every single game they play?

For me, and for obvious reasons, it's GSW.

Can't really stand the "light years ahead" nonsense and how freaking lucky they've been. They didn't deserve (or need) KD IMO.

On the other side, any franchises you find yourself supporting? Non-Phoenix team you're rooting for?

For me, it's the Timberwolves. Got a buddy who's in a similar boat -- no championship despite some years of success, wasted draft picks. They're having a hell of a year.
It's the Lakers. Just a long standing hatred that will never wane. (Although I've mostly rooted against LeBron and not anti LeBron because I'm an old school Jordan hater so I like that LeBron exists to piss off Jordan stans)

I've had a really weird rooting relationship with GS. I liked them and their style of play so rooted for them when they first started winning. But the arrogance of that franchise and fan base has wore me down to the point where I really enjoy seeing them lose now.

I root for both the suns and bucks, I grew up in Wisconsin and have lived in AZ for the past 20 years so having one in each conference is enough.

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#119 » by bwgood77 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 11:15 pm

I probably root for the young teams to beat some of the teams who have been their for awhile. I find Houston really interesting with Sengun and Jabari Smith Jr, Green playing well too. OKC is fun as is Orlando.

I would like to see Minnesota do well as preferred to GS/LAL/DEN, etc. The Clippers are a weird one. I don't pull for them really, though I did against GS..but I find Kawhi and George to be interesting players to watch. They are both great 2 way players and can create some havoc. Of course they've always been injured so I felt they were unlucky (though it did benefit us twice in the playoffs which was nice, even though I would have rather beaten them at full strength and seen great series). On the other hand, I hate Harden.

I have always kind of pulled for Indy as the one team in the east. I will pull for Brooklyn too.

Not a fan of the Lakers, GS, Bos, Philly. I'm kind of indifferent on most teams. Denver is a fun team but I definitely don't root for them.

It's hard to really pull for anyone in the west, but if I have to see other teams win, it's the teams who have been lower, like I mentioned earlier, OKC, Houston, Minny. I am kind of indifferent on Dallas and New Orleans and the ones on the bottom (Utah, Portland). Oh, I hate San Antonio too of course.

I do like Memphis overall...I like Bane, JJJ, Clarke, Smart, etc. But with Ja, Adams, Clarke and now Smart out, they can't do much. Someone mentioned their window closed, which I thought was odd though. Their 3 best players are 24/25 and they were already playing tough with guys like Brooks and those guys when younger. I think missing Adams is huge, so they need to get a C. They draft very well though and look to have a high pick, They will get the better of their and Washington's picks so their overall lottery odds will probably be very good.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#120 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 7, 2023 2:35 am

DAMN, Luka has a 29 pt triple double...AT HALFTIME. That might be the craziest stat I've ever seen.

Return to Phoenix Suns