ImageImageImage

Ayton: Post Suns Haters

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,920

Re: Ayton: Post Suns Haters 

Post#581 » by Fo-Real » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:44 pm

I expect his name in trade talks, AS USUAL!
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,295

Post#582 » by enigmatics » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:56 pm

RaisingArizona wrote:Tank master extraordinare. Good, meaningless stats on an awful team.

Right?

Watching guys clinging to 15 games as some told you so or foreshadowing of a "Dominayting" career is hilarious. It's the same exact exercise in mental masturbation that went on after the '21 playoff run.

Let's not forget when his touches went up this year it was ONLY when more reliable impactful players went down with injury and what did it translate to on the court? Jack sh-t . The man plays meaningless basketball.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,749

Post#583 » by sunsbum » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:38 pm

sunsbg wrote:For all the inconsistency talk Ayton's stats have been pretty consistent over the years. Scoring-wise the outlier is dropping to 14+ppg on higher efficiency in the finals run season. For the Blazers he was 4-5 option early and became 1st option recently based on the box-scores I checked over the season. All in all, if a team gives him 15-17 shots they know they are getting an efficient 20/10 player.
eeehhhh 20/10 is pushing it. his career avg is 16, his best was barely 18. so lets be realistic here and say 17/10 which is the bare minimum of what a guy with his talent should be doing. pretty much on par with his whole career.....still. Maybe next year he'll turn it around, hopefully there's less ice storms here in Oregon and he's gotten that blowup mattress in the guestroom now.
Flex is now your father.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,506

Post#584 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:18 pm

sunsbum wrote:
sunsbg wrote:For all the inconsistency talk Ayton's stats have been pretty consistent over the years. Scoring-wise the outlier is dropping to 14+ppg on higher efficiency in the finals run season. For the Blazers he was 4-5 option early and became 1st option recently based on the box-scores I checked over the season. All in all, if a team gives him 15-17 shots they know they are getting an efficient 20/10 player.
eeehhhh 20/10 is pushing it. his career avg is 16, his best was barely 18. so lets be realistic here and say 17/10 which is the bare minimum of what a guy with his talent should be doing. pretty much on par with his whole career.....still. Maybe next year he'll turn it around, hopefully there's less ice storms here in Oregon and he's gotten that blowup mattress in the guestroom now.

I mean the only guys averaging 20/10 are AD, Jokic, Giannis, Embiid and Wemby. Ayton is the only guy that averaged 17 and 11...or 16 and 11 for that matter outside of AD, Jokic, Sabonis, Embiid and Giannis. And he barely got shots in a bunch of games earlier.

I'm not saying he's that great, but only real big names are 20/10 guys. Maybe you think with his "talent" he should get that, but he doesn't have the talent to get to the line like those guys do, still can't really create his own shot...and then if we are talking impact, I am unsure how his defense was. I really didn't watch him. But people seem to throw out #s like a bunch of Cs avg 20/10 when it's really only MVP candidates or very rare players like AD. Sabonis did it once but his career avg is 15.7/10.3
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,032

Post#585 » by Son of Ra » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:40 am

Qwigglez wrote:I'm not surprised with the inconsistent performance by DA. Since I'm living in the Portland area, I'm rooting for him to do well. I hope he has some redemption arc in his career. As for the trade though, I think the Suns got tremendous value considering Nurkic played a whopping and surprising 76 games for the Suns. Grayson Allen puts this trade over the top for the Suns, and while Little wasn't able to crack the rotation, I think he adds some more depth and can go off and hit threes in bunches.

I don't think I would handle a redemption arc well lol. I don't wish bad on anyone, and I'm probably one of the least resentful people but the blatantly obvious Doncic pick still stings badly. I quit watching the Suns after the draft.
So now to have traded him away and then he turns it around, ughhh, I hope he stays who he is and has a long and healthy career. But not more please :lol:
Boujack
Freshman
And1: 33

Post#586 » by Boujack » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:01 am

First 3 playoff games as a Phoenix Suns Center:

Nurkic 7 ppg 8 rpg 47% fg with absolute 0 defense.

Ayton 22 ppg 12 rpg 62% fg with a great defense.

Conclusions?
Ryu
Bench Warmer
And1: 562

Post#587 » by Ryu » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:18 am

Boujack wrote:First 3 playoff games as a Phoenix Suns Center

Nurkic 7 ppg 8 rpg with absolute 0 defense.

Ayton 22 ppg 12 rpg with a great defense.

Conclusions?

Its clearly to see DA was the second most important part of the 2021 Finals team, right after CP3. Our demise started when they lowballed him in free agency and making him a scapegoat.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,036

Post#588 » by garrick » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:57 pm

Ryu wrote:
Boujack wrote:First 3 playoff games as a Phoenix Suns Center

Nurkic 7 ppg 8 rpg with absolute 0 defense.

Ayton 22 ppg 12 rpg with a great defense.

Conclusions?

Its clearly to see DA was the second most important part of the 2021 Finals team, right after CP3. Our demise started when they lowballed him in free agency and making him a scapegoat.

We should have featured him more in our offensive sets instead we had an overreliance on Booker Iso's at the detriment of ball movement and a more varied offensive structure.

If you had to trade DA fine but don't trade him for an immobile unathletic center that does almost everything worse than DA, maybe someone like Capela or Gafford but since Ishbia was in a win now mode it really feels like this trade was rushed and the Suns took the first offer for DA.
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,125

Post#589 » by handsome salary » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:42 pm

Boujack wrote:First 3 playoff games as a Phoenix Suns Center:

Conclusions?

Aytons last three playoff games as a Sun
4 ppg 9reb
14 ppg 9reb
8 ppg 8 reb
with terrible defense

Conclusions????

Read on Twitter
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 813

Post#590 » by KdoubleDees23 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:15 pm

handsome salary wrote:

Conclusions?

4 ppg 9reb
14 ppg 9reb
8 ppg 8 reb
with terrible defense

Conclusions????

Read on Twitter

Dude - we are getting swept by the Twolves lol. Ayton >>>>>>>>>>> NURKIC. Yall talked like Nurkic should be the big 4. Dude has no offensive game and getting abused by a big front court with zero defense.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,295

Post#591 » by enigmatics » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:56 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:
handsome salary wrote:

Conclusions?

4 ppg 9reb
14 ppg 9reb
8 ppg 8 reb
with terrible defense

Conclusions????

Read on Twitter

Dude - we are getting swept by the Twolves lol. Ayton >>>>>>>>>>> NURKIC. Yall talked like Nurkic should be the big 4. Dude has no offensive game and getting abused by a big front court with zero defense.

NOBODY on this forum ever claimed Nurkic was a Big 4 player. NOBODY.

But that's not the point now is it? That's just you dodging Handsome Salary's comment because you're unprincipled. Who the f- cares about DA's first three playoff games, especially MORE than what he did in his last three.

Meanwhile, DA helped the Trailblazers Dominayte to a blistering 21 wins this year. Suns got swept by the Wolves sure, but DA is getting swept by life playing for COUGH struggling along playing meaningless ball with a dumpster fire of an organization.

Return to Phoenix Suns