Ayton: Post Suns Haters

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Re: Ayton: Post Suns Haters 

Post#81 » by Bogyo » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:55 am

He got... waitforit... Dominayted :D :D :D
What a waste of muscles and skills - gods cruel joke with his pea brain and glass psyche
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,074

Post#82 » by garrick » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:37 am

Revived wrote:
NapoleonII wrote:Starting to think Ayton's otherwordly efficiency here was sightly inflated.

Starting to? Really? I mean wasn’t this obvious? An absurd amount of his FGs were assisted. He can’t create for himself consistently. He’s shown that numerous times when players would get doubled up and we needed someone else to create and score.

Read on Twitter

Portland’s paying $35M for this and has 3 years remaining. I think by end of the season, Ben Simmons contract will be more valuable than Ayton. Meaning Ayton may have the worst contract in the NBA.

He had a pretty efficient game versus Orlando and they only gave him the ball probably like 4 times and the rest of the points were off put backs and hook shots near the rim.

The Portland offense is a nightmare and it looks like Scoot, Grant and Sharpe all have the green light to jack up as many shots as possible and it looks like Chauncy has no idea what he's doing out there. When Brogdan is out there the offense is a lot better than with Scoot running the show but he doesn't seem to be a score first point guard at least not with this team.

Watching Portland it's just pretty rough seeing the inefficient shot chucking and lack of passing, I guess it's to be expected with a young team but I didn't think it would be this bad.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#83 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:32 pm

Not to beat a dead horse, but Ayton is an average player with a skillset and mentality that didn't fit our team, he was also on a max contract to boot.

If he didn't have the former #1 pick tag attached to him, no Suns fans would still be talking about him. Average players move on all the time.
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,134

Post#84 » by handsome salary » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:20 pm

Hearing it already. "Coach and players need to get Ayton the ball. He needs more touches". Why?
I'd say most current and former teammates don't give a **** about Ayton's touches.

Dude is in year 6 and still in diapers.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,100

Post#85 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:30 pm

handsome salary wrote:Hearing it already. "Coach and players need to get Ayton the ball. He needs more touches". Why?

If watching his PPG dip below 10 on the worst team in the league doesn't wake him up to the fact that it's not the coach or anything but his style of play that is the problem, nothing will. My money's on that nothing. He'll just keep talking. He may find himself on the bench before his contract is up, and there's a real chance he only gets minimum contract offers thereafter.

It's just bizarre how small the man's dawg is.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,420

Post#86 » by sunskerr » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:46 pm

I'm not out to kick him when he's down. I must admit there is a certain feeling of vindication about what has happened so far in Portland insofar as the limitations he has in terms of offensive skill that I complained about for years.

He's not being spoonfed and being forced to fend for himself he's going to be worse offensively.

But that Portland team is really rubbish to be fair. If they started Brogdon, they'd look a bit better. But Scoot is their priority now with the Simons injury so yeah, it could get ugly.

You can't really just give Ayton the ball and expect him to go to work. He's a role player on offense.
handsome salary
Rookie

Post#87 » by handsome salary » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:51 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:If he didn't have the former #1 pick tag attached to him, no Suns fans would still be talking about him. Average players move on all the time.

He was the Suns first and only number one draft pick in a draft loaded with top tier talent. It's a hard pill to think Sarver threw away a golden ticket for average.

The Suns FO, coaches and teammates have been wanting this guy gone for years and were hoping some other team would bite with an overpay but nobody else would. Now his new team and fans are already pushing him to the sides and bench.

"The ball always finds energy". That's why he's not getting "enough" touches.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#88 » by bigfoot » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:54 pm

sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,104

Post#89 » by sunsbg » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:23 pm

Watched Kings Lakers game today and was reminded McD picked Jackson instead of Fox. It's really Sarver & McDonough who deserve such thread.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,625

Post#90 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:34 pm

Bogyo wrote:He got... waitforit... Dominayted :D :D :D
What a waste of muscles and skills - gods cruel joke with his pea brain and glass psyche

God knew what he was doing when he crafted Deandre Ayton it’s all part of gods ultimate plan. Have everyone focused on Ayton struggling in year 6 before Ayton truly begins to dominate and shut all the haters up. Can see Ayton putting up 23/12/4 blks next season and truly coming to his potential form dunking on every living person in the league like Amare did.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,316

Post#91 » by enigmatics » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:58 pm

"Ayton has been as expected this far, moments of real big man skill and then 10 minutes goes by and you forget he’s out there." -Redditor :lol:
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,287

Post#92 » by Frank Lee » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:55 pm

EvaporAyton
What ? Me Worry ?
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,625

Post#93 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:03 pm

Frank Lee wrote:EvaporAyton

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RTG HD
Rookie
And1: 741

Post#94 » by RTG HD » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:29 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
handsome salary wrote:Hearing it already. "Coach and players need to get Ayton the ball. He needs more touches". Why?

If watching his PPG dip below 10 on the worst team in the league doesn't wake him up to the fact that it's not the coach or anything but his style of play that is the problem, nothing will. My money's on that nothing. He'll just keep talking. He may find himself on the bench before his contract is up, and there's a real chance he only gets minimum contract offers thereafter.

Blazer fan here. I really hope Ayton wakes up and starts fighting for more quality touches but if he doesn’t the reality of the Blazers playing better with RW3 on the floor will have to sink in eventually. I saw a Celtics fan say that he thought Blazer fans would be calling for RW3 to start by mid season. He was on the right track but about half a season off because it is already starting. It would be a real shame to see someone as talented as Ayton fade away into a bench player on a lotto team. :(
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#95 » by Bogyo » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:56 pm

RTG HD wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:

Blazer fan here. I really hope Ayton wakes up and starts fighting for more quality touches but if he doesn’t the reality of the Blazers playing better with RW3 on the floor will have to sink in eventually. I saw a Celtics fan say that he thought Blazer fans would be calling for RW3 to start by mid season. He was on the right track but about half a season off because it is already starting. It would be a real shame to see someone as talented as Ayton fade away into a bench player on a lotto team. :(

Mate, sorry to burst that bubble - but that has been the problem for 5 gddmn years. How you gonna change that? Maybe he'll be a bit better in his contract year, and then you try to sell high.
And if I may touch on another sore spot: wtf is Billups doing overall? I mean, I get it, this is no collection of allstars, but cmon... the gameplans, utilization of players, etc seem to be dumpsterfire, wassup with that?
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,420

Post#96 » by sunskerr » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:11 pm

Frank Lee wrote:EvaporAyton

On court he's been spectayton
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,682

Post#97 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:44 pm

The most critical deficiency with DA has always been his inability to get his own shot. It's really that simple and it limits his upside.

I might be forgetting someone but it's hard to think of any 'stars' who can't create their own O. Anthony Davis kind of fits that but he's much more dynamic on O than DA (and much better on D).

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
handsome salary
Rookie

Post#98 » by handsome salary » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:03 pm

There's more videos of coaches and teammates yelling at DA than highlight reels.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Post#99 » by Jdiddy701 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:06 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:The most critical deficiency with DA has always been his inability to get his own shot. It's really that simple and it limits his upside.

I might be forgetting someone but it's hard to think of any 'stars' who can't create their own O. Anthony Davis kind of fits that but he's much more dynamic on O than DA (and much better on D).

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app

For me, it was always about playing with effort. imo, a max player should be able to get his own shot and be able to make things easier for teammates but I would have been 100% OK if he played with effort every game. That’s all I ever cared about with DA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Post#100 » by Jdiddy701 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:09 pm

What I find pretty crazy is that everyone blamed Chris Paul and Monty for DA’s shortcomings. Not once did people think that MAYBE Deandre Ayton is the actual issue. I’m already seeing the same with Portland fans - asking for Billups to be fired, Jerami Grant to be traded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Phoenix Suns