Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,745

Re: Ayton: Post Suns Haters 

Post#481 » by Calvin Klein » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:28 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:
JRoy wrote:
His go to move is catching the ball wide open in the mid range, hesitating until defense arrives and then taking a tough fadeaway.

I want this bum off my team.

Man, now you know what we went through for 5 years. He is the most frustrating player I’ve ever seen.

We’ve seen him catch the ball with a wide open lane, hesitate, pump fake, spin away from the basket into an opposing player and shoot a fade away jumper. That happened almost every game. It was crazy. :lol:

But maybe the most amazing thing was that we had a few people who kept saying the problem was the coach. The “feed Ayton” group. Where are they now? :lol:

Tbh he did shine a few years and we were blessed with him on the finals run. He had a few good seasons and he was a big part of the run

I'm not gonna deny his great finals run. That WAS great. But he was absolutely frustrating throughout his career. The only time he wasn't was during the 21 playoffs. He did not shine a few years for sure. He was JUST good enough to get his money.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,387

Post#482 » by sunskerr » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:05 pm

He never had the skills to be worth "going to" more as a focal point. He was fortunate to average 18 ppg with no handle and no 3. That's more than enough for a player without shot creation skills.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,160

Post#483 » by spanishninja » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:19 pm

well it's about time he actually had a good game. 18/17/3/2/1 in beating the Rockets. Frustrating thing is he can do this every night if he tried.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,257

Post#484 » by enigmatics » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:44 pm

spanishninja wrote:well it's about time he actually had a good game. 18/17/3/2/1 in beating the Rockets. Frustrating thing is he can do this every night if he tried.

The "he could to this every night if" already left the port and has long been at sea.
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 796

Post#485 » by KdoubleDees23 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:41 pm

enigmatics wrote:
spanishninja wrote:well it's about time he actually had a good game. 18/17/3/2/1 in beating the Rockets. Frustrating thing is he can do this every night if he tried.

The "he could to this every night if" already left the port and has long been at sea.

He could do this every night ! If he had a different brain in his head
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#486 » by Kyler Murray » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:02 pm

You can thank me, I benched him on fantasy
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#487 » by bigfoot » Mon Feb 5, 2024 12:44 pm

Read on Twitter

The neural circuits in Ayton's brain must be two to three times longer than normal.
Calvin Klein
RealGM

Post#488 » by Calvin Klein » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:57 pm

He'll be on shaqtin for sure :lol:
Boujack
Freshman
And1: 27

Post#489 » by Boujack » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:48 pm

People laugh at him, but at the same time we all are seeing he has almost better numbers than Jokic.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,996

Post#490 » by garrick » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:37 pm

bigfoot wrote:
Read on Twitter

The neural circuits in Ayton's brain must be two to three times longer than normal.

Bad play for sure but this was probably DA's best game it's just a shame the poor 3 point shooting from Portland doomed them in late in the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter.

Not having Brogdon and Grant certainly didn't help.

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#491 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:47 pm

Boujack wrote:People laugh at him, but at the same time we all are seeing he has almost better numbers than Jokic.
It's never been about his ability to put up numbers in any individual game, hell he's always put up decent counting stats in general.

It's everything else that people laugh at.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#492 » by enigmatics » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:53 pm

garrick wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bad play for sure but this was probably DA's best game it's just a shame the poor 3 point shooting from Portland doomed them in late in the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter.

And he wouldn't have put up those numbers if they were playing - as we've seen all year. Someone had to shoot. Dude was LITERALLY playing with a starting five of Kris Murray, Jabari Walker, Anfernee Simons, and Matisse Thybulle. It's not like his #'s translated to a win either. Wow what an accomplishment to FINALLY lead their team in scoring after nearly a half a season.

It's so funny though how you'll drop in to post this and NOT say anything when he put up 8pts and 3 rebs two nights ago vs Jokic who had 27pts 22 rebs and 12 assists. Keep on truthing Ayton Truthers.
Calvin Klein
RealGM

Post#493 » by Calvin Klein » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:04 pm

Boujack wrote:People laugh at him, but at the same time we all are seeing he has almost better numbers than Jokic.

what?? :lol:
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,202

Post#494 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:42 pm

I wish I could hide threads...
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,387

Post#495 » by sunskerr » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:48 pm

It's like how people go down with a cult...They bought in so hard to this guy being a generational player "if he just got more usage" with his elite mid range jumper he shoots at 40% that teams give him all day.

He's dominayton their minds that's all.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#496 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:49 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:I wish I could hide threads...
You just need to put a piece of tape on your phone exactly where the first non-stickied thread pops up, because it's always there :)

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#497 » by enigmatics » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:09 pm

Read on Twitter
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#498 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:27 pm

enigmatics wrote:
Read on Twitter
Those hurt feelings injuries are hard to bounce back from.

garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,996

Post#499 » by garrick » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:45 am

enigmatics wrote:
garrick wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
Read on Twitter

And he wouldn't have put up those numbers if they were playing - as we've seen all year. Someone had to shoot. Dude was LITERALLY playing with a starting five of Kris Murray, Jabari Walker, Anfernee Simons, and Matisse Thybulle. It's not like his #'s translated to a win either. Wow what an accomplishment to FINALLY lead their team in scoring after nearly a half a season.

It's so funny though how you'll drop in to post this and NOT say anything when he put up 8pts and 3 rebs two nights ago vs Jokic who had 27pts 22 rebs and 12 assists. Keep on truthing Ayton Truthers.

His play the night before was bad I will give you that.

His numbers kept them in the game through 3 quarters but it's hard to win when Scoot shoots like 3 of 16 and went full chuck mode but not having Brogdon and Grant who normally take most of the shots I guess it was inevitable. Anyway I liked what I saw out of Ayton this game and wish he could do this more consistently instead of settling for the mid range jumper most of the time.

Billups needs to drill this into him because he falls in love with the jumper all too often but yeah this is not something that's a new revelation.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#500 » by NapoleonII » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:57 am

It's his MO.

Drop a decent gem of a game once every 8-9.

I honestly know a ton of people doing this at their own jobs, while they focus on their side hustles, their families/hobbies, etc.

He's just punching in and getting that bag for about 20% work effort.

Not a way to be a great, but damn did he hit the lottery.

Return to Phoenix Suns