Ayton: Post Suns Haters

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,483

Re: Ayton: Post Suns Haters 

Post#501 » by bwgood77 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 6:49 pm

He's averaged like 20 pts and 10 boards on 65% shooting in his last 7. He's had one dud in there but he's playing a lot better now that they are healthy and have a better lineup and he's getting used to playing with the new players that know how to get him the ball effectively.
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 797

Post#502 » by KdoubleDees23 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 1:49 am

NapoleonII wrote:It's his MO.

Drop a decent gem of a game once every 8-9.

I honestly know a ton of people doing this at their own jobs, while they focus on their side hustles, their families/hobbies, etc.

He's just punching in and getting that bag for about 20% work effort.

Not a way to be a great, but damn did he hit the lottery.

Whats crazy is yall are crying about a dude not on your team. I gave up on him, but as a Phoenix Sun dude had like 8 good games followed by 1 or 2. He was more consistent and had a great career for Phoenix.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#503 » by Revived » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:07 pm

Read on Twitter
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#504 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:31 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter
I hope DA doesn't have an Athletic subscription, that quote might lead to a season ending feelings injury.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#505 » by Jdiddy701 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:05 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not surprised one bit. What a loser this guy is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,387

Post#506 » by sunskerr » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:25 am

L

O

L
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,745

Post#507 » by Calvin Klein » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:04 am

It’ll be ok. Big guys need more time to develop. Also, he is not being fed the ball.
Calvin Klein
RealGM

Post#508 » by Calvin Klein » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:20 pm

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#509 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 6:04 pm

enigmatics wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
sunsbum wrote: Nurk already does so much more for this team than Ayton ever has, dudes allowed to be a basketball player with weaknesses and mistakes.

Nurkic is great at some things, particularly screening and is a pretty solid passer, though he turns it over a lot. Ayton is better at things as well.

I mean that's a big quote considering Ayton had many monster games and was crucial in our 21 playoff run. He was shooting 63 and 65% even though only 1/3 of his shots were at the rim..and had many games with high 20s and rebounding in the teens...with solid defense, until last year and the slow decline the year before.

Nurkic will have some nice games but he has the same motor problems and his finishing and turnovers will be frustrating. I really like a lot of what he does, but we can't act like he has always been a player that is super engaged (ask Portland fans) and doesn't have his own weaknesses. He is one of the worst finishers in the league, very rarely dunks (since people care about that), and turns it over a ton. As a 7 footer who for the majority of his career only worked inside, he barely shoots over 50% for his career, which is very bad for a C. Last year was the first year he shot 3s really, but he only hit like 43 of them.

I like a lot of what he does, but he has his own weaknesses.

And to say he already has done more in 2 games than Ayton ever had, is frankly, absurd.

That's 43 more threes than DA's whole career. The fact is he has the ability to hit them.

Every player has their weaknesses and the fact remains DA was a one trick pony on offense and a guy who's not COMMITTED to always bringing it on defense (only when he feels like it). The Suns anticipate outscoring opponents quite a bit so they're willing to live with Nurk's limitations on defense because of what he unlocks on offense particularly from his passing ability and screening. The guy also actually puts his body on people - something DA never did and isn't willing to do.

Btw the dunking thing only mattered because it was an extension of DA being soft as charmin. Nurk would never be confused as soft - dunk or no dunk.

All I can say about Ayton is that I"m glad the Sund matched that offer sheet and let the Pacers off the hook.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,051

Post#510 » by sunsbg » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:40 pm

He may not care, but made people care. The board was 2-3 times more active when he was a Sun. A true legend. Lol.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#511 » by NapoleonII » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:58 pm

sunsbg wrote:He may not care, but made people care. The board was 2-3 times more active when he was a Sun. A true legend. Lol.

He'll definitely be in the Suns *Ring of Honor

*for social media, articles, clicks and trolling.
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 797

Post#512 » by KdoubleDees23 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:09 pm

Y’all are insecure and it’s hilarious..,.. does it make you feel better making fun of your ex?

Y’all are in your 30s and 40s and never made a college team, nba team or played at this level.

Keep crying but in all honesty

If Suns don’t win a WCF and suns don’t make it to the finals with Nurkic

Ayton did more for this org than he did.
Calvin Klein
RealGM

Post#513 » by Calvin Klein » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:09 pm

:lol:

Dude, he is the laughinstock of the league alongside Jordan Poole.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#514 » by Bogyo » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:54 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:I wont argue for Ayton ever again after this.

Best comment

"Jordan would have ice skated to the arena"

A promise made is a promise kept. ;)
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#515 » by King4Day » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:22 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:Y’all are insecure and it’s hilarious..,.. does it make you feel better making fun of your ex?

Y’all are in your 30s and 40s and never made a college team, nba team or played at this level.

Nurk isn't the problem with this team. In fact, he's been the brightest spot of the entire season. He's been healthy and bumped his own value.
Ayton got a pass (rightfully so) because of the finals run. But he was subpar since then and is just an average center. He'll have a long NBA career as a low-mid tier center going forward. Contracts around 10-15mil per over 1-2 years. I see his trajectory in the same breath as Drummond. He'll have big impactful games but could have been so much more.

I also don't think anyone will say Ayton didn't do more, because without him, we do not make those finals. But in the grand scheme of things, drafting him did set this franchise back. Trading him for Allen and Nurkic was a nice recovery but will never be what we could have in another timeline of the multiverse
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,996

Post#516 » by garrick » Tue Mar 5, 2024 1:49 am

King4Day wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:Y’all are insecure and it’s hilarious..,.. does it make you feel better making fun of your ex?

Nurk isn't the problem with this team. In fact, he's been the brightest spot of the entire season. He's been healthy and bumped his own value.
Ayton got a pass (rightfully so) because of the finals run. But he was subpar since then and is just an average center. He'll have a long NBA career as a low-mid tier center going forward. Contracts around 10-15mil per over 1-2 years. I see his trajectory in the same breath as Drummond. He'll have big impactful games but could have been so much more.

I also don't think anyone will say Ayton didn't do more, because without him, we do not make those finals. But in the grand scheme of things, drafting him did set this franchise back. Trading him for Allen and Nurkic was a nice recovery but will never be what we could have in another timeline of the multiverse

I think looking back in hindsight is a little silly, sure we could have drafted Luka same way we could have drafted Jokic or Haliburton.

In the end the only way this debate will end is if we win a championship with KD. The positives that Nurk brings is offset by his inability to finish near the rim with consistency and his really bad defense but we got Grayson who is a positive contributor so that seems to swing the trade in our favor.
lonea
Rookie
And1: 527

Post#517 » by lonea » Tue Mar 5, 2024 9:41 pm

garrick wrote:
King4Day wrote:

I think looking back in hindsight is a little silly, sure we could have drafted Luka same way we could have drafted Jokic or Haliburton.

In the end the only way this debate will end is if we win a championship with KD. The positives that Nurk brings is offset by his inability to finish near the rim with consistency and his really bad defense but we got Grayson who is a positive contributor so that seems to swing the trade in our favor.

Not really.

Both Jokic and Haliburton weren't projected to be this good.

Luka has all the writings on the wall and he's been playing pro ball already.
garrick
Head Coach

Post#518 » by garrick » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:35 am

lonea wrote:
garrick wrote:
King4Day wrote:

Not really.

Both Jokic and Haliburton weren't projected to be this good.

Luka has all the writings on the wall and he's been playing pro ball already.

Jokic I agree since most of the league passed on him but Jalen Smith was never projected to be picked that high and Haliburton was one of the most logical picks at the time of the draft.

I don't know what JJ was thinking picking Jalen that high since he didn't seem to fit what we needed at the time, we didn't need a lanky raw forward the pressing need at the time was an eventual replacement for CP3.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,187

Post#519 » by Frank Lee » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:47 pm

No doubt Jones’ biggest blunder, not only in whiffing in the draft but in the positive impact Haliburton would have had on this organization. Complete idiot came to mind the minute Junkyard drafted Smith. I can give a pass on picking DA. Heck, we very easily could have traded down and ended up with Bagley. DA wasn’t a blatant wrong pick like Smith was…..
Simply, DA had/has character issues and is a mental midget. Red flags on draft day… flashing his Rolex at the camera, the infamous 2nd contract nba dream. And that GD dance video with Bamba. A childish asshat from day one. Not much has changed. He sure stirred it up here though. Had good fun raggin on him. King of the nicknames

PS… As we know, the coux de gras about Smith was bumbling his departure. Dude has rounded himself into a contributing player who know doubt would be getting minutes here for cheap. Junkyard strikes again!
What ? Me Worry ?
garrick
Head Coach

Post#520 » by garrick » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:37 pm

Frank Lee wrote:No doubt Jones’ biggest blunder, not only in whiffing in the draft but in the positive impact Haliburton would have had on this organization. Complete idiot came to mind the minute Junkyard drafted Smith. I can give a pass on picking DA. Heck, we very easily could have traded down and ended up with Bagley. DA wasn’t a blatant wrong pick like Smith was…..
Simply, DA had/has character issues and is a mental midget. Red flags on draft day… flashing his Rolex at the camera, the infamous 2nd contract nba dream. And that GD dance video with Bamba. A childish asshat from day one. Not much has changed. He sure stirred it up here though. Had good fun raggin on him. King of the nicknames

PS… As we know, the coux de gras about Smith was bumbling his departure. Dude has rounded himself into a contributing player who know doubt would be getting minutes here for cheap. Junkyard strikes again!

The decision to decline his third year option was really dumb also and tanked his trade value but lucky for Indy they were able to resign him for cheap.
If early on they decided Jalen wasn't who they were looking for they should have swung a trade before his value got so low he was traded for a minimum value player in Craig but this is just what JJ does.

Return to Phoenix Suns