ImageImageImage

Game 21: Suns @ Lakers - IST Quarters

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,432

Re: Game 21: Suns @ Lakers - IST Quarters 

Post#281 » by dremill24 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 7:34 am

Also being able to call timeout off the ball is annoying that it opens up the potential for BS like what happened w/ LeBron. Crazy call lol
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,174

Post#282 » by starbosa10 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 8:46 am

Frank Lee wrote:That +11 turnovers is the story.

End of story

Easy for them to force more turnovers when they're allowed to hack away and mug our guys all game. Reddish should've fouled out before the 4th quarter lol
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,373

Post#283 » by AtheJ415 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 9:37 am

starbosa10 wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:That +11 turnovers is the story.

End of story

Easy for them to force more turnovers when they're allowed to hack away and mug our guys all game. Reddish should've fouled out before the 4th quarter lol

Nah this has been us all year and a lot of it was lazy as hell passes or completely oblivious pass receivers who do not come back to the ball knowing their defender is driving forward to intercept. We are lazy and clueless way too much of even key games. If Vogel was a halfway decent coach we'd see improvement on this, but all the terrible fans on here refuse to hold Vogel accountable until we have Beal back because we have to have 3 superstars to not lose to the Spurs twice.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,928

Post#284 » by Saberestar » Wed Dec 6, 2023 10:02 am

The intensity of this game was unreal, the Lakers defense was really good creating havoc in the perimeter and they played a good zone defense when they needed it.

The story of this game is pretty simple...

LeBron, AD and Reaves against KD and Book. Three shot creators against two of them.

We need a third All-Star player to win a team like the Lakers. Some people don't want to admit it bit the Lakers are contenders with a healthy roster.

AD played a fantastic game on defense. It was nearly impossible to finish around the rim with him on the court. Nurkic can't make a **** against him.

KD was amazing. Book was disappointing and he looked on a lower tier as an star player.

Book is not a physical freak and that's the biggest difference between him and every MVP caliber player. KD, LeBron, AD, Jokic, Anteto, Embiid...it's not even fair but it what it is. Even Doncic is a physical freak as a PG. 6'7/6'8, 240 lbs.

Hopefully Beal is back in a week. With him on the court we would have won this one.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,083

Post#285 » by garrick » Wed Dec 6, 2023 10:21 am

Saberestar wrote:The intensity of this game was unreal, the Lakers defense was really good creating havoc in the perimeter and they played a good zone defense when they needed it.

The story of this game is pretty simple...

LeBron, AD and Reaves against KD and Book. Three shot creators against two of them.

We need a third All-Star player to win a team like the Lakers. Some people don't want to admit it bit the Lakers are contenders with a healthy roster.

AD played a fantastic game on defense. It was nearly impossible to finish around the rim with him on the court. Nurkic can't make a **** against him.

KD was amazing. Book was disappointing and he looked on a lower tier as an star player.

Book is not a physical freak and that's the biggest difference between him and every MVP caliber player. KD, LeBron, AD, Jokic, Anteto, Embiid...it's not even fair but it what it is. Even Doncic is a physical freak as a PG. 6'7/6'8, 240 lbs.

Hopefully Beal is back in a week. With him on the court we would have won this one.

Yeah as I said we better pray we don't match up with the Lakers in the postseason because they are so physical and wear the Suns down so much.

We match up better against the Nuggets because Nurkic isn't neutralised like he is against AD and the entire Suns frontcourt including LBJ just are so physical and get to have their way and manhandle us & it's hard to beat them when the refs are in their pocket.
SteveNashidis
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#286 » by SteveNashidis » Wed Dec 6, 2023 11:11 am

"We tried to play defense like the Lakers, but we were conceding fouls more easily than them. The officiating was unacceptable, with half the mistakes attributed to the difference in referee philosophy on both sides of the court, and the other half because we lack a playmaker το control momentum.
The call at the end was particularly unacceptable; it seemed to be made solely to preserve LeBron's legacy."
SSOL- Seven Second or [del]Less[/del] Len
sunsfan1o1
Pro Prospect
And1: 766

Post#287 » by sunsfan1o1 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 12:18 pm

Elimination game Booker strikes again.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,630

Post#288 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Dec 6, 2023 12:52 pm

sunsfan1o1 wrote:Elimination game Booker strikes again.

Booker doesn’t seem to perform well under pressure. Same thing all my exes tell me before they break up with me. Some of us fall short and it’s perfectly fine not everyone can be alpha males like MJ or Lebron.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,257

Post#289 » by King4Day » Wed Dec 6, 2023 1:15 pm

Suns learn to fix the turnover problem, they'll be unstoppable. Problem is, many of these are lazy passes and bad decisions. Not sure how long it might take to fix that but if we don't, we're 2nd round fodder.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,630

Post#290 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Dec 6, 2023 1:48 pm

King4Day wrote:Suns learn to fix the turnover problem, they'll be unstoppable. Problem is, many of these are lazy passes and bad decisions. Not sure how long it might take to fix that but if we don't, we're 2nd round fodder.

AtheJ415 wrote:
dremill24 wrote:Biggest play at the end for me is Allen giving up that 3 to Reaves. Down 1 on defense with time to get one more possession...the ONLY things that ices the game is giving up a 3. Just not smart.

Lack of focus. I think he just didn't expect him to shoot.

That's the thing though. We make so many mental and efort related errors and I don't see it actually getting better. We're 25% of the way through the year. This stuff should be improving and it shouldn't be the case that we have to wait for the entire team to be fully healthy to see the improvement.

We have this year and maybe next to win. If we aren't showing actual tangible improvement soon I would fire Vogel.
pj0tr
Rookie
And1: 1,312

Post#291 » by pj0tr » Wed Dec 6, 2023 1:51 pm

Booker isn't that guy when it really comes down to pressure.

He let down the Suns big time yesterday, and yesterday is a perfect example of why he will never be in a tier with Jayson Tatum.
sunsfan1o1
Pro Prospect
And1: 766

Post#292 » by sunsfan1o1 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 2:46 pm

pj0tr wrote:Booker isn't that guy when it really comes down to pressure.

He let down the Suns big time yesterday, and yesterday is a perfect example of why he will never be in a tier with Jayson Tatum.

That’s why I say this is KDs team. And Beal is the 2nd best player on this team. I get heat for it. I know what I see.
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,134

Post#293 » by handsome salary » Wed Dec 6, 2023 3:07 pm

sunsfan1o1 wrote:

That’s why I say this is KDs team. And Beal is the 2nd best player on this team. I get heat for it. I know what I see.

Book's easiest to slow/shut down since he's only average NBA size and speed. Stopping drives or blocking his shot is looking very easy for the other teams lately.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,035

Post#294 » by Calvin Klein » Wed Dec 6, 2023 4:54 pm

sunsfan1o1 wrote:

Ok Deandre
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,257

Post#295 » by King4Day » Wed Dec 6, 2023 5:05 pm

Just to vent a bit.
What hurts about yesterday is that they took almost 30 more shots than us and ONLY beat us by 3.
I want to say, "ok we clean that up and we'll be good in the future". But how many times do we have to say that until we determine that this is simply who this team is? One who is highly turnover prone, gives up big offensive boards, and fails in clutch time.

We have yet to have a season defining win. Our best wins were against the Warriors twice. The rest were against average to below average teams.
Against good teams, we've had chances to win them all, but came up short every time. Every single time. It's why that first loss against the Spurs, I'm still not over. Secure the ball and you win. Win the games you should not lose. But turnovers have defined the season.

I'm not at the point of feeling this is a lost season. Beal does have to return and we need to see if the rest of the roster returning to place will help.
If by the all-star break we are still struggling like this, it's likely a short playoff run for us with a lot of question marks going into the offseason.

Annnnyway.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,719

Post#296 » by Revived » Wed Dec 6, 2023 5:20 pm

King4Day wrote:Just to vent a bit.
What hurts about yesterday is that they took almost 30 more shots than us and ONLY beat us by 3.
I want to say, "ok we clean that up and we'll be good in the future". But how many times do we have to say that until we determine that this is simply who this team is? One who is highly turnover prone, gives up big offensive boards, and fails in clutch time.

We have yet to have a season defining win. Our best wins were against the Warriors twice. The rest were against average to below average teams.
Against good teams, we've had chances to win them all, but came up short every time. Every single time. It's why that first loss against the Spurs, I'm still not over. Secure the ball and you win. Win the games you should not lose. But turnovers have defined the season.

I'm not at the point of feeling this is a lost season. Beal does have to return and we need to see if the rest of the roster returning to place will help.
If by the all-star break we are still struggling like this, it's likely a short playoff run for us with a lot of question marks going into the offseason.

Annnnyway.

I mean realistically speaking, how many people here actually think the Suns will win a championship this season? While trying to be completely unbiased, who do you think has a better chance of winning a title, the Suns or the Lakers? I mean if you’re being real with yourself, that answer should’ve been obvious even before last night’s game.
Revived
RealGM

Post#297 » by Revived » Wed Dec 6, 2023 5:21 pm

sunsfan1o1 wrote:

Beal isn’t even the 3rd or 4th best player on the team.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#298 » by Saberestar » Wed Dec 6, 2023 5:25 pm

Annnnyway.

We need to watch this team WITH Bradley Beal. He is gonna help us a lot handle the ball and I think they are gonna find a nice balance between Book and him playing lead G.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#299 » by Saberestar » Wed Dec 6, 2023 5:28 pm

Revived wrote:

Annnnyway.

I mean realistically speaking, how many people here actually think the Suns will win a championship this season? While trying to be completely unbiased, who do you think has a better chance of winning a title, the Suns or the Lakers? I mean if you’re being real with yourself, that answer should’ve been obvious even before last night’s game.

I do.

This team is gonna be unstoppable with Book, Beal and KD together. Yeah, health is a concern but you can say the same about every other contender. Any team missing an All-Star will be out of the championship race.
Revived
RealGM

Post#300 » by Revived » Wed Dec 6, 2023 5:31 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Revived wrote:

Annnnyway.

I do.

This team is gonna be unstoppable with Book, Beal and KD together. Yeah, health is a concern but you can say the same about every other contender. Any team missing an All-Star will be out of the championship race.

You actually can’t say the same about every other contender because no other contender has a team as injury prone as the Suns. Look up the amount of games Booker/KD/Beal/Gordon/Nurkic/Little etc have missed over the course of their career and compare it to players on the other contenders that you speak of.

Return to Phoenix Suns