bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,539

Re: NBA Draft Prospect watch with March Madness 

Post#181 » by bwgood77 » Tue Apr 9, 2024 6:43 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
Biff wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:The thing was Edey is he has a lot of the hallmarks of a C who dominated college but couldn't make it at the NBA level. The fact that it's 2024 and he's built and plays like a 90's or early 2000's C is a legit question mark. I'm usually of the thought that if you're a stiff, I don't care what you average in college, I just think the odds are against you in the NBA. That's just the odds though, it doesn't mean he can't be an NBA player and have a decent career but it's not a wagon I want to hitch onto with one of my very few FRP. He might end up having a great career but I still wouldn't change my rule against drafting stiff C's to the NBA because he'd be the exception to that rule. If he didn't dominate college and lead his team all the way to the Finals, I just don't think any scout or team is looking at his profile thinking he's the kind of player I want to draft in today's NBA.

With Kolek, I see why he has a ceiling and also why he's looking at a late 1st round/early 2nd round pick but I think what he brings just fits and should fit from day 1. What I want from this draft is to get someone who doesn't necessarily have to put up great stats but they should be able to elevate others either directly or indirectly through their own play. I could see Edey possibly making us more difficult to defend by putting him in the post to get easy shots (unlike Nurk) and grab O boards but I also see him giving up a lot more on the defensive end. With Kolek I think he's real value add because he not only could stretch the floor for the guys but also able to make the smart passes, be that traditional PG initiating the offense and being a great complement to the Big 3.

The other side to this equation is getting a new offensively minded coach who could really tap into the full offensive potential of this team.

I don't think Edey has any chance at all at becoming a starter in the NBA. He will be a situational big. He's far too slow laterally to come close to covering anyone on the perimeter. He will get targeted over and over on defense and will be mostly unplayable in the playoffs.

There's a scenario where he could have a Zubac-esque career. They are both massive plodding bodies who sets great screens, is a huge presence on both ends of the court in the paint and Zubac has found a role as a starter on a good team. Am I counting on it? Absolutely not and the odds are stacked heavily against him but can't say impossible either.

That's also why I'm higher on Kolek. I can see a pathway for him to bring real value to an NBA team

JV was always thought of as slow on the inside. There are a lot of big Cs in the NBA that can't cover on the perimeter and are not exactly fast. I figured he could be a better, bigger, longer, taller version of JV, Adams, Zubac....with the length of Gobert (a little longer and 3 inches taller). He will deter shots. Edey has been compared a lot to Brook Lopez when he came out. Brook was thought of as a plodder who was basically an inside scorer. In Lopez' first 6 years he attempted 7 3s, making none. In his 7th year, he took 10, making 1, and in his 8th, he was 2-14, so a lot of Cs who didn't take 3s added it. Heck, Frye never took 3s in college or like his first 4 years in the pros. Then guys like Gasol, Vucevic and others added them.

I understand what you mean about not being able to move laterally but he's a little better than initally scouted...people have written about it with videos in the tourney. He can cover a lot of ground with his length and just deter shots.

But the main thing is most all guys that are like him do not average 25 ppg in college and have a great post game and get to the line so much. AD averaged 14 in college, Embiid 11, Towns 10, Ayton 16 and even Duncan as a senior was at 21. Two of the best college players ever, Kareem (Lew Alcindor at the time) averaged 24 as a senior and Bill Walton 19 as a senior. The best I can find are guys who competed for scoring titles in the NBA...David Robinson as a senior averaged 28, Shaq averaged 24 his last year as a junior. Olajuwon almost 17 his last year as a junior.

Of course Kareem, Robinson, Shaq, Olajuwon, Embiid, Towns and Walton are not guys who could really guard on the perimeter either, though you didn't need to except with Embiid and Towns. Jokic either or those guys I mentioned like Adams, Zubac and JV.

Not saying Edey is like any of those guys but none of them move quickly on defense. Maybe Robinson did because he was so lean and fit...but probably didn't guard on the perimeter (but didn't need to). Duncan either.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: NBA Draft 2024 

Post#182 » by bwgood77 » Tue Apr 9, 2024 6:46 pm

Of course he still won't be as good defensively as all those former superstars, or even Embiid, but better than Nurkic as a rim protector and inside scorer. Nurkic is the better passer, but that's about it.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,583

Post#183 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Apr 9, 2024 10:53 pm

As for the discussion on POA defenders at point guard, Reece Beekman is a high end albeit non exciting But very reliable floor general and an elite POA defender. Also a better playmaker than most in the draft, AND could likely be had from the late 2nd to undrafted range:

Read on Twitter

:nod:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#184 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Apr 9, 2024 11:01 pm

Another elite multipositional defensive guard/wing that we need to have on our undrafted range value list is:

Toby Okani

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#185 » by bwgood77 » Tue Apr 9, 2024 11:03 pm

Saw on the draft forum someone compare Marc Gasol's pre draft scouting report to Edey before he was drafted 48th..

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#186 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:58 am

6'8-6'9 elite multipositional defensive jumbo guard/wing/forwards that we need to have on our undrafted range value list is:

Toby Okani (UIC)

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Toby Okani is a big, long, lanky, very quick , athletic multipositrional defensive wing/forward with some guard skills, a relentless motor and tenacity. He's not yet a great shooter or playmaker, but can make creative reads/ passes and handles well. He's more or less a 6'8 mix of Tayshaun Prince and Herb Jones.

And this is aside from names that I've already mentioned in:

- Teafale Leonard ( G league).
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Teafale Leonard is a multipositional, ultra high motor aggressive defensive wing/ forward with Guard skills who's long, lanky, very quick and athletically explosive. Plays with an edge and tenacity. He has some elite defensive potential, is a decent shooter and passer with elite recovery ability. He's kind of a low end mix of Mikail Bridges/ Herb Jones with a splash of Marquis Daniels.

- JT Toppin ( New Mexico) ***
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/newsfeed/checking-back-in-on-jadyn-jt-toppin

Jadyn Toppin is also Obi Toppins' little brother and is elite defensively at 6'9 in the mold of a Larry Nance. He's elite as a multipositional defensive wing/ forward AND is elite as a transition scorer and in the halfcourt too. He absolutely has high end role player - rotation / fringe starter potential IF he can improve his shooting a bit. But his defensive versatility and two way potential is elite.

Omar Stanley ( Boise state)
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Omar Stanley is a somewhat wiry yet strong, athletic, gritty, long. lanky, slightly bigger and more versatile version of Montrez Harrell with a splash of Al Fariq Aminus' two way versatility. But still a very productive and versatile two way power wing option that plays with energy, and embraces physicality too.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#187 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:58 am

bwgood77 wrote:Saw on the draft forum someone compare Marc Gasol's pre draft scouting report to Edey before he was drafted 48th..

The Marc Gasol is fairly reasonable in terms of similar size, girth and mobility perhaps. But Marc Gasol is quite a bit more skilled and polished offensively compared to Edey. Doesn't really matter too much as there's a lot of rumors circulating about Toronto possibly targeting him. So I'd think there's a small chance he'd even last past 17 or so. Unless of course we completely collapse and land a higher pick range?

A center that you should look into though that is similar to the other Gasol ( Pau) as a skilled versatile 7'1 4/5 interchangeable option is Maxime Raynaud of Stanford. His movement, offensive versatility and smooth productivity is fairly similar to Pau Gasol I think. I'd love a frontcourt combo ( for size, length, versatility) of Raynaud or Post ( Quinton) offensively. And a strong, Dominant, athletic, physical big like Amari Williams ( smaller versatile Embiid) defensively from the undrafted range pool.

Then you can just either pick Kolek at our range, or trade back nab him, get an additional asset or two in the deal, and still address our frontcourt issues too. And let these prospects develop in our new G league affiliate?
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,471

Post#188 » by BurningHeart » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:28 am

It's time to rebuild this team.

Find players that are work ethic warriors. High character, high intelligence, undeniable drive. Creative. Responsible. Humble. Ferocious. Hungry. High octane. Coachable. Loyal. Likable. Fundamentally sound. Historically "Suns."

Don't get players who are merely looking to be famous, to expand their brand, to get paid, to basically be emblematic of today's NBA.

It's time to field a whole team of basketball JJ Watts, for lack of better comparison.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,587

Post#189 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:09 pm

BurningHeart wrote:It's time to rebuild this team.

Find players that are work ethic warriors. High character, high intelligence, undeniable drive. Creative. Responsible. Humble. Ferocious. Hungry. High octane. Coachable. Loyal. Likable. Fundamentally sound. Historically "Suns."

Don't get players who are merely looking to be famous, to expand their brand, to get paid, to basically be emblematic of today's NBA.

It's time to field a whole team of basketball JJ Watts, for lack of better comparison.

That sounds great and all.. one problem though we lack a culture similar to Miami Heat. A culture is build from within with owners like Micky Arison, HOF coaches who are GM/VP like Pat Riley/Andy Elisburg. This geniuses came up with correct formula to build a foundation over decades not just a few years. Suns just don’t seem to have an owner like Jerry Colangelo who would not put up with this crap of building a superstar team while neglecting other intangibles in building a successful team.

This team is just boring to watch I used to watch nearly every game, but probably seen 5-7 full game was this season. They lack chemistry, urgency and much more.. bringing in mercenaries who are iso players is a recipe for disaster.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#190 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:48 am

Amari Williams (Drexel)
Amari Williams is 6'10 250 lbs with a 7'5 wingspan and elite defensive potential and versatility that also allows him to play occasionally at the 4 as a power 4/5. He plays similar to a slightly smaller Joel Embiid (with power and physicality) but will also surprise you with his impressive early stage versatility in which he can take the ball coast to coast, get to the rim downhill, and make surprisingly crafty passes and good reads too. But his calling card initially will be his elite defense, rim protection, weakside shotblocking, advanced recovery ability, defensive processing, and shocking fluidity/ switchability. Here's some video clips that illustrate his intruiging value:

(3 weeks ago)

Amari Williams | 2024 Transfer Portal (4 weeks ago)

Amari Williams stepback three/ passing/ drop coverage block. (1 year ago).

He's still developing! BUT his foundational skills and tools are very intruiging!! He's a likely undrafted range player that IF we were to use our pick on a point guard like Kolek or maybe Tristin Newton or Ajay Mitchell or Tyrese Proctor, Then We'd have a dominant pick n roll combo similar to the old Nash/Amare (ironically)!! to create gravity for our shooters. Maybe play Williams at the 5, and then add a skilled two way 4/5 like one of Quinton Post (Boston), Drew Pember (unc- Ashville), or go really big at 7'1 with Maxime Raynaud (Stanford for a devastatin.g inside/ out frontcourt bench duo???

By the way, Maxime Raynaud is 7'1 with a 7'5.25 wingspan and a versatile skilled game very similar to Pau Gasol. A guard like Kolek or whomever really could feast off a frontcourt dou like Raynaud (7'1) and Amare Williams ( 6'10).

Maxime Raynaud (Stanford) 7'1 235 lbs- 4/5.

Quinton Post (Boston College) 7'0 240 lbs- 4/5.

Drew Pember (UNC- Ashville) 6'11 207 lbs (currently)- 4/5.

Danny Wolf (Yale) 7'0 255 lbs- 4/5.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#191 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:53 pm

Spoiler:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:6'8-6'9 elite multipositional defensive jumbo guard/wing/forwards that we need to have on our undrafted range value list is:

Toby Okani (UIC)

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Toby Okani is a big, long, lanky, very quick , athletic multipositrional defensive wing/forward with some guard skills, a relentless motor and tenacity. He's not yet a great shooter or playmaker, but can make creative reads/ passes and handles well. He's more or less a 6'8 mix of Tayshaun Prince and Herb Jones.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Teafale Leonard is a multipositional, ultra high motor aggressive defensive wing/ forward with Guard skills who's long, lanky, very quick and athletically explosive. Plays with an edge and tenacity. He has some elite defensive potential, is a decent shooter and passer with elite recovery ability. He's kind of a low end mix of Mikail Bridges/ Herb Jones with a splash of Marquis Daniels.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jadyn Toppin is also Obi Toppins' little brother and is elite defensively at 6'9 in the mold of a Larry Nance. He's elite as a multipositional defensive wing/ forward AND is elite as a transition scorer and in the halfcourt too. He absolutely has high end role player - rotation / fringe starter potential IF he can improve his shooting a bit. But his defensive versatility and two way potential is elite.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Omar Stanley is a somewhat wiry yet strong, athletic, gritty, long. lanky, slightly bigger and more versatile version of Montrez Harrell with a splash of Al Fariq Aminus' two way versatility. But still a very productive and versatile two way power wing option that plays with energy, and embraces physicality too.

Thanks for the post and effort but just wanted to remind you, these posts are likely far too long for 99% of the people to read, so you'd be better served with responses if you focused on one prospect per post and spread them out over maybe a day per prospect. There is plenty of time.

You might edit all but one player out, post in a word document and re-copy one prospect per day and say "April 13th player evaluation - _________" and then outline it.

I think that would be very effective.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#192 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:14 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Spoiler:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:6'8-6'9 elite multipositional defensive jumbo guard/wing/forwards that we need to have on our undrafted range value list is:

Toby Okani (UIC)

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Thanks for the post and effort but just wanted to remind you, these posts are likely far too long for 99% of the people to read, so you'd be better served with responses if you focused on one prospect per post and spread them out over maybe a day per prospect. There is plenty of time.

You might edit all but one player out, post in a word document and re-copy one prospect per day and say "April 13th player evaluation - _________" and then outline it.

Thanks man! Admittedly I guess I've gotten a bit overeager to get a lot of information out for people to sift through and consider because I think that this playoffs and season finale will become a bit of a blur very soon. I get the well known more household names being of focus for us.

But I'd also find it important to mention the outlier options that we actually might have access to outside of our singular pick. And you're correct that I'd be better served to just offer singular prospect profiles rather than lists that might be too time consuming for most. Even though my initial hope was in that some might pick through the lists for singular prospects that they find intriguing and dig into them a bit themselves or come back with more specific questions on these considerations beyond our solitary pick this year to try and maximize our value this summer. :D

But I will definitely remind myself to exercise better moderation to my prospects profiles taking your great advice into full consideration.
:D
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#193 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:19 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Spoiler:

Toby Okani (UIC)

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Thanks man! Admittedly I guess I've gotten a bit overeager to get a lot of information out for people to sift through and consider because I think that this playoffs and season finale will become a bit of a blur very soon. I get the well known more household names being of focus for us.

But I'd also find it important to mention the outlier options that we actually might have access to outside of our singular pick. And you're correct that I'd be better served to just offer singular prospect profiles rather than lists that might be too time consuming for most. Even though my initial hope was in that some might pick through the lists for singular prospects that they find intriguing and dig into them a bit themselves or come back with more specific questions on these considerations beyond our solitary pick this year to try and maximize our value this summer. :D

I just tell you this because I love reading about prospects, probably more than most, and I find your long posts way to daunting to have even a fraction of the time it would take to go through them, especially to watch a bunch of videos. One deep dive with a video is probably the max you will get from people.

Just a suggestion if you want some more reads, responses and interaction with the posts.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#194 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:25 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Spoiler:

I just tell you this because I love reading about prospects, probably more than most, and I find your long posts way to daunting to have even a fraction of the time it would take to go through them, especially to watch a bunch of videos. One deep dive with a video is probably the max you will get from people.

Just a suggestion if you want some more reads, responses and interaction with the posts.

No sarcasm or insincerity here man. I'm being serious that I'll adhere to your suggestion and try to remember to limit it to one per day! It was genuinely a very good and logical suggestion. And you're likely right that there's plenty of time left to discuss varying options still before we actually get to the draft. Sorry if my previous post came across as disingenuous or dismissive. I did get overeager, and will remind myself to limit the volume accordingly for sure! I appreciate your input genuinely man.
:bowdown:
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,084

Post#195 » by sunsbg » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:20 pm

Only if they can draft a floor general ready to contribute or an energetic and athletic player who can change the dynamics of this team and bring some excitement. Michael Finley comes to mind as a later pick.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#196 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:51 am

sunsbg wrote:Only if they can draft a floor general ready to contribute or an energetic and athletic player who can change the dynamics of this team and bring some excitement. Michael Finley comes to mind as a later pick.

Kolek is a floor general type, and BWs' assessment that he's on par with Nash in certian attributes is fairly spot on, although I do believe Nash himself was measurably more dynamic than what Kolek will be given his athletic, mobility and size issues against elite competition. Tyrese proctor is also a very good floor general in the mold of a young Mike Conley that just makes the right decisions all the time and plays with great poise, and offers great ball security and shooting. Reece Beekman is another really underrated floor general that's an exceptional POA defender and facilitator with an improving jumpshot, plus athleticism, a relentless motor and a high basketball IQ. Ajay Mitchell is pretty identical in many attributes and skillset to Tyus Jones, and last but not least, one of my personal favorites is Tristin Newton who is a 6'5 tough shotmaker and adept ballhandler with a 6-2 assist to turnover rate.

Unfortunately, there just isn't a whole lot of true leaders to be found! Kolek might be one, maybe Cam Spencer who compares very favorably to top 5 lottery pick Reed Sheppard, and reminds me a bit of a young Danny Ainge perhaps with a splash of Grayson Allen grit.

As for energetic, athletic player that can change the dynamic of this team and bring some excitement.......................... In our range of this draft, The best options are:

- Zach Edey
For his size, Girth, physicality, and overall dominance.
- Ryan Dunn
For his ELITE athleticism, intensity, relentless motor and GENERATIONAL DEFENSE!!
- Jamal Shead
For his relentless smothering defensive intensity, strength, in game processing and big play making, leadership.

From my undrafted range lists
- Amari Williams
Williams has the size at 6'10-6'11, strength at around 265 lbs, and length with a 7'5 wingspan to LEGIT anchor an NBA defense. He plays with power and physicality similar to Joel Embiid, but also with high level in game processing, very quick mobility and recovery similar to Robert Williams of the celtics. But he's also very versatile in that he has an 18% assist rate, a 3% steal rate (even at his size) a 8.5% Block rate, a 29.8 Dreb% (similar to Andre Drummond) AND opponents only shoot around 25% when guarded by him, even on the switch outside the paint. And he did this all while anchoring a top 3 defense in the country, and only averaging 1.7 fouls per game. He does have the absolute potential to change the dynamic of a team. And would be perfect in the pick n roll with Kolek! Similar to Nash and Amare. :D

Michael Finley types

1- Jamir Watkins.
2- Keshad Johnson.
3- Terrence Arcenaux.
4- Dillon Mitchell. ** Although more of the explosive athleticism and high level defense and much less shooting.
5- Babcar Sane. Might be the most explosively athletic and defensively versatile of the 5 mentioned but also not a very good shooter.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#197 » by bwgood77 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:57 am

I don't necessarily think Kolek will be like Nash and is a totally similar player...but have just mentioned they are the same size, and that Kolek shot better from 3 and had a lot more assists in their final years in college. He's also very high iq.

If I knew Kolek would translate, I'd take him over Edey. There may be more of a chance Edey is gone when we pick. If I knew Edey could be a solid mobile rim protector, even if he couldn't guard people out on the perimeter, switch, etc, he'd be nice too because I'm sure he will score a bit between his post game and getting to the line.

If they both pan out though, Kolek would probably make us more dynamic and even a better shooting team, while Edey might make us even less dynamic with more iso ball and more inside scoring. So I guess it depends on your preference.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#198 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:28 pm

Phoenix suns 10 best guard options in our range: (per request of Frank Lee) :wink:

1- Tyler Kolek- (Marquette)
A true floor general with exceptional passing and suspect athleticism. Kolek is somewhere in between Steve Nash and TJ McConnell. His tablesetting, in game processing, and basketball IQ/ leadership are top notch. But his size, and average athleticism will pose issues for him at the next level.

2- Tyrese Proctor (Duke)
Another floor general/playmaker/tablesetting guard with great ball security, poise, and a smooth scoring game. High basketball IQ, and a top notch "in game' manager type. Proctor comes from a long line of NBA producers and is basically very similar to a young Mike Conley. With very tenacious defense, good passing, ballhandling, he checks all the boxes.

3- Tristin Newton (Uconn)
Tristin Newton has great size at 6'5-6'6 is quick, crafty, strong, and has a high basketball IQ and winning pedigree. He's a big shot maker, adept, crafty ballhandler, and a very underrated passer with high end court vision. Newton is somewhere between Bruce Brown and Baron Davis as jumbo guard/wing with a crafty but smooth two way game and surprising shotmaking.

4- Ajay Mitchell (UC Santa Barbara)
Ajay Mitchell is a very smooth offensive guard with high level playmaking potential and average athleticism. He has a high basketball IQ and makes great reads with impressive court vision. He's an adept, reliable ballhandler with pesky albeit unspectacular defense and athleticism. But has good tablesetting skills and leadership qualities. Mitchell is basically of 6'5 version of Tyus Jones.

5- Cam Spencer (Uconn)
Cam Spencer is a sturdy 6'4 very high IQ tenacious combo guard with knockdown shooting, elite in game processing and poise, a smooth offensive game, true passion and grit and a championship pedigree. Spencer is very,very close to the 50/40/90 club and is somewhere in between a (top 5 pick) Reed Sheppard, a young Danny Ainge, and a 6'4 version of Grayson Allen, very productive, lethal shooter, underrated passer, and adept ballhandler, floor general type with a championship pedigree!

6- Reece Beekman (Virginia)
Reece Beekman is just one of those extremely solid fundamental tablesetting floor generals with elite POA defense and a high basketball IQ and high level in game processing. He has plus athleticism, is strong, physical plays lockdown defense on or off ball, makes great reads and affects games with his tenacity and his great fundamentals. Reece is somewhere between a bigger Chris Duhon and Tre Jones. He's just a very reliable and professional floor general with elite lockdown ability and high end tablesetting.

7- Devin Carter (Providence)
Devin Carter is more or less a slightly bigger version of Jevon Carter (but with a Jose Alvarado demeanor) ironically in that he's aggressive, physical, productive, has a relentless motor and a solid two way game, can knock down shots at a good rate, and has average athleticism and footspeed. He'll bring constant effort and physicality, and will be productive with his physical nature. But his low level athleticism will limit his ceiling trajectory and overall effectiveness at the next level.

8- Jimmy "Tre" Clark 3rd (Dusquene)
Tre Clark is a 6'4 strong, quick, very athletic, crafty two way guard with ELITE lockdown defensive potential, crafty ballhandling/playmaking, great strength, and plays with high end intensity, a non stop motor and great physicality. He does need to improve his shooting more, but is a potential game changer with his intensity, motor, athleticism and versatility. Tre Clarke is somewhere between Jrue holiday as a strong, crafty defensive guard with crafty scoring, and Jimmy Butler with his strength, passion, tenacity and strong physicality in downhill scoring/getting to the rim/ big shotmaking.

9- Eric Gaines (UAB)
Eric Gaines is on this list because of his elite speed, versatility, high motor and ELITE explosive athleticism. He's not really a high end playmaker, scorer or defender yet, but he uses his incredible speed, burst and explosive athleticism to impact games at a high level. He's just an underrated, exciting electrifying player to watch. Eric is built like Tony Delk, but somewhere between a budget version of De'aaron Fox (speed/ scoring versatility) and a low tier version of KJ (first step/ vertical burst to the rim).

10- KJ Simpson OR Jamal Shead??
Both players are very good leaders with sild playmaking and ballhandling and strong leadership qualities for undersized guards. Simpson is very skilled, a fantastic shooter and tenacious defender with a high motor and clever passing. And Shead is a stout, very strong, elite lockdown suffocating defender with a nonstop motor, high basketball IQ, plays with intensity and grit. And although not a great shooter, he's a very high level playmaker and the heart and soul of a top defense in the nation for Houston. Simpson is also a big shotmaker and very high IQ crafty ballhandler and playmaker that plays with a lot of grit as well. Simpson is basically a slightly thinner version of derek fischer/ smaller but quicker dennis schroder. And Shead is a powerful, quick, crafty, high IQ, playmaking mix of Joe Dumars and Pat Beverly but with great morals/ integrity.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,684

Post#199 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:45 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:Phoenix suns 10 best guard options in our range: (per request of Frank Lee) :wink:

A true floor general with exceptional passing and suspect athleticism. Kolek is somewhere in between Steve Nash and TJ McConnell. His tablesetting, in game processing, and basketball IQ/ leadership are top notch. But his size, and average athleticism will pose issues for him at the next level.

I've been an advocate for Kolek for a few months now but what's your take on previous Nash-esque/floor general type prospects we drafted and didn't end up doing much in the NBA like Tyler Ennis and Kendall Marshall?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#200 » by bwgood77 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:55 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:Phoenix suns 10 best guard options in our range: (per request of Frank Lee) :wink:

I've been an advocate for Kolek for a few months now but what's your take on previous Nash-esque/floor general type prospects we drafted and didn't end up doing much in the NBA like Tyler Ennis and Kendall Marshall?

Look at points AND assists AND FG% AND 3pt%. He is also by far the best rebounder..

https://www.tankathon.com/players/compare?players=tyler-kolek--steve-nash--kendall-marshall--tyler-ennis--ty-jerome

Return to Phoenix Suns