ImageImageImage

Game 27: Phoenix Suns (14-12) @ Portland Trailblazers (6-19) l Tuesday l 8:00pm l AZFamily

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,719

Re: Game 27: Phoenix Suns (14-12) @ Portland Trailblazers (6-19) l Tuesday l 8:00pm l AZFamily 

Post#141 » by Revived » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:40 am

AtheJ415 wrote:I think Vogel has to be fired in the next 5 games. This team needs a wake up call and while it's a lot of money to sink into him this clearly is not a workable situation

Who would replace him? Kevin Young who has been running this dreadful iso offense? Or David Fizdale who flamed out horrendously in Memphis with lot of talent?

Or worst case scenario, imagine this with Ishbia’s homeboy

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
Revived
RealGM

Re: Game 27: Phoenix Suns (14-12) @ Portland Trailblazers (6-19) l Tuesday l 8:00pm l AZFamily 

Post#142 » by Revived » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:42 am

Read on Twitter

Gordon on the mark here. Suns lack any kind of synergy. Just a bunch of guys playing 1 on 1 out there. It’s as if everyone on this team just met each other for the first time right before the game and they’re about to play their first game together. That’s how every single game feels.

Like I don’t get it, what the hell was this team doing in training camp?
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,083

Post#143 » by garrick » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:55 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Gordon on the mark here. Suns lack any kind of synergy. Just a bunch of guys playing 1 on 1 out there. It’s as if everyone on this team just met each other for the first time right before the game and they’re about to play their first game together. That’s how every single game feels.

Booker deserves a lot of blame for the iso ball and lack of ball movement.

I've been rooting for him ever since his rookie year and loved seeing his development but he's still lacking some discipline when he commits stupid fouls or fails to find the open man when he gets doubled or triple teamed. Maybe we need to just accept he's just not that guy and that he's not cut out to lead a team as the main guy.

If Booker isn't that guy then we either need to trade him or get a lot more savvy vets but anyone worth a damn is too pricey and the affordable players just don't have it anymore.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,631

Post#144 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:01 am

sunskerr wrote:And now you know that its for times like these why my profile pic wears a paper bag

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Revived
RealGM

Post#145 » by Revived » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:03 am

garrick wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Booker deserves a lot of blame for the iso ball and lack of ball movement.

I've been rooting for him ever since his rookie year and loved seeing his development but he's still lacking some discipline when he commits stupid fouls or fails to find the open man when he gets doubled or triple teamed. Maybe we need to just accept he's just not that guy and that he's not cut out to lead a team as the main guy.

If Booker isn't that guy then we either need to trade him or get a lot more savvy vets but anyone worth a damn is too pricey and the affordable players just don't have it anymore.

Booker’s not a PG. Forcing him to play PG has made his game far worse.

Whoever’s idea it was to have Book play PG needs to be immediately fired from the building. We had already seen this before many, many years ago.
RayLight
Freshman
And1: 154

Post#146 » by RayLight » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:24 am

I agree that Booker's PG experiment should be over. We all expected this team to be weak defensively but such a lack of offence wasn't expected.
The team lacks identity and if they don't find it soon, the season is lost.
Also, the team should try to find pass-first point guard with good size and defence, move Devin back to SG and Beal to be the 6th man.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,411

Post#147 » by Puff » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:26 am

I am not a fan of Vogel or our coaching staff. However, the real problem is what the front office did to our roster in the off season.

This is my evaluation of our roster.

The minimum keys we signed which were suggested to be brilliant.

Gordon - Been inconsistent and is limited while also injury prone.
Okogie - Played well but cannot shoot the ball, now is hurt
KBD - Just awful
Watanabe - Why did we sign this guy. Oh he was KD's corner three guy he was been worse than awful
Metu - Why is on an NBA roster
Bol Bol - Ditto
Eubanks - Has been up and down but might be useful going forward

Trades

(BBB) Beal Trade Brought

Goodwin - Had a few moments but is basically awful.

Ayton Trade-

Nurkic - Has produced good numbers but sometimes half asses his way through games.
Little - How can anyone say he is a bargain at 7 Mil per year? He stinks
Allen - Has been the best pick-up this off season but appears to be hurt. When healthy he is a keeper.

Our Stars

KD - He is fine but he goes ISO far too often.

Booker - He is not a point guard.

We should have kept CP3 even if all he played was the 4th quarter.

If any of you caught the over time win of the Dubs against the Celtics - CP3 made a classic cross course pass to Curry for an open 3 pointer that sealed their victory.

I miss Bridges and Johson but I think I miss CP3 the most. I do not miss Ayton.

We should have hired CP3 to a 5 year contract as player coach. I think we would be a lot happier than we are right now. Beal could have stayed in Washington.
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
collidingNeurons
Starter
And1: 1,157

Post#148 » by collidingNeurons » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:44 am

even having cam payne on this team would have helped a ton and they basically paid him to leave to sign Bol who should likely never see the court and luckily doesn't often, they should at least give saben lee a look, it couldn't be much worse, and Nurkic for all his flashy passes and solid screens is Ennis Kantor bad defensively and our guards and wings aren't good either, maybe with the exception of Okogie and Goodwin but then they are offensive liabilities, this team is beyond flawed and the body language is awful from Booker and KD to the guys sitting on the bench
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,782

Post#149 » by sunsbum » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:00 am

Puff wrote:I am not a fan of Vogel or our coaching staff. However, the real problem is what the front office did to our roster in the off season.

KBD - Just awful
Watanabe - Why did we sign this guy. Oh he was KD's corner three guy he was been worse than awful
Bol Bol - Ditto

Trades

(BBB) Beal Trade Brought

Ayton Trade-

Nurkic - Has produced good numbers but sometimes half asses his way through games.
Allen - Has been the best pick-up this off season but appears to be hurt. When healthy he is a keeper.

Our Stars

If any of you caught the over time win of the Dubs against the Celtics - CP3 made a classic cross course pass to Curry for an open 3 pointer that sealed their victory.

We should have hired CP3 to a 5 year contract as player coach. I think we would be a lot happier than we are right now. Beal could have stayed in Washington.

Thank you for your evaluation. Can you give us the draft picks of the last 22 years you would have selected. We are all very interested in you opinion.
Flex is now your father.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,411

Post#150 » by Puff » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:22 am

sunsbum wrote:
Puff wrote:I am not a fan of Vogel or our coaching staff. However, the real problem is what the front office did to our roster in the off season.

KBD - Just awful
Bol Bol - Ditto

Trades

(BBB) Beal Trade Brought

Ayton Trade-

Our Stars

Thank you for your evaluation. Can you give us the draft picks of the last 22 years you would have selected. We are all very interested in you opinion.

Where in hell did that comment come from?

I guess you enjoy watching this team.

I certainly would not have drafted Ayton. It would have been Doncic.

Which 10 guys are you happy with that are on our current roster?

Who should be the Point guard?
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#151 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:32 am

Puff wrote:
sunsbum wrote:

KBD - Just awful
Bol Bol - Ditto

Trades

(BBB) Beal Trade Brought

Ayton Trade-

Our Stars

To be honest, Drew Eubanks he has all the positive qualities.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,782

Post#152 » by sunsbum » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:49 am

Puff wrote:
sunsbum wrote:

KBD - Just awful
Bol Bol - Ditto

Trades

(BBB) Beal Trade Brought

Ayton Trade-

Our Stars

Dont gas light me, im asking you for the last 22 years.
Flex is now your father.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,928

Post#153 » by Saberestar » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:58 am

I can’t believe that they lost this game. ****
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#154 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:59 am

Blazers GT:

JRoy: “Talked to my son after he came back from the game. He said Ayton is even worse in person. Bad hands, has to think before making a move and flinches away from contact.”
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#155 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:00 am

Saberestar wrote:I can’t believe that they lost this game. ****

Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,053

Post#156 » by Calvin Klein » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:22 am

Man....:lol:

This team is BS. Hope you all are realizing it by now. They really destroyed a solid, likeable, young team and created this monster. They are also ruining our franchise player in his absolute prime. But hey....it's THE BIG 3 :lol:

For the people that loved Ishbia:

schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,657

Post#157 » by schnakenpopanz » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:30 am

;ab_channel=STARZ
free steve nash!
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,928

Post#158 » by Saberestar » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:08 pm

A big factor to lose this game was Book forcing and missing shots AGAIN.

Seriously, he helped the Blazers to gain confidence at the start of the 3th quarter with a couple of terrible plays...one it was a shot clock violation.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,112

Post#159 » by sunsbg » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:59 pm

Saberestar wrote:A big factor to lose this game was Book forcing and missing shots AGAIN.

Seriously, he helped the Blazers to gain confidence at the start of the 3th quarter with a couple of terrible plays...one it was a shot clock violation.

He was good in Q1 in PG role, but he's just not a true PG and he shouldn't be counted as such with his main value putting the ball in the basket. Idea was that he'll share PG duties with Beal and we never saw how this works for obvious reasons. The really dumb thing was getting rid of Payne, which was also a sign Ishbia is not as commited on spending as the initial impression he left. Book and KD indeed also forced and missed shots. As for the play you mention it really showed the lack of cohesion and low IQ on the offensive end. Booker ISOs, waves off Eubanks attempt at setting a screen, Drew decides to set an off ball screen to KD, who waves it off. Suns offense is contested shots on ISO plays, Nurkic passing to cutting players, which also didn't work. Offense too predictable to be effective. Compare with this play from Kings game(passing, cutting, screening, etc):

https://youtu.be/shgzL4XLn0Y?t=140
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,112

Post#160 » by sunsbg » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:14 pm

Also safe to say Booker/Allen/EG shooting 3-14 for 3 is an almost guaranteed loss. Nurkic shooting 3s in general is also bad offense, though some probably consider it a big plus like bringing the ball up the court.

Return to Phoenix Suns