ImageImageImage

Some statements before the season started

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Boujack
Freshman
And1: 34

Some statements before the season started 

Post#1 » by Boujack » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:00 pm

I´ve come across several statements on this forum made before the season started that are now quite curious:

"KBD is just the 5th starter we needed"
"Jordan Goodwin is the point guard the team was looking for"
"Eric Gordon is a bargain and will give the team experience, consistency and a lot of scoring"
"Drew Eubanks is a notable upgrade from Landale"
"Bradley Beal is a bit injury prone so he could miss 1/4 of the season"
"This season will be the MVP season for Booker"
"Yuta the Shooter"
Sunlight
Bench Warmer
And1: 659

Re: Some statements before the season started 

Post#2 » by Sunlight » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:19 pm

"Big three are unstoppable on offense"
"Opponents can't do anything on defense when one of the Suns' three superstars is always free to shoot"
"GSW's winning record is close to being broken"
"82-0 is possible"
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,309

Post#3 » by enigmatics » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:51 pm

Boujack wrote:I´ve come across several statements on this forum from before the start of the season that are now quite curious:

"KBD is just the 5th starter we needed"
"Jordan Goodwin is the point guard the team was looking for"
"Eric Gordon is a bargain and will give the team experience, consistency and a lot of scoring"
"Drew Eubanks is a notable upgrade from Landale"
"Bradley Beal is a bit injury prone so he could miss 1/4 of the season"
"This season will be the MVP season for Booker"
"Yuta the Shooter"

I originally HATED the supposed free agent coup most everyone was so enamored with.

The bench started to grow on me a bit the way Gordon looked in the Olympic qualifiers/preseason, Allen in the preseason, and the more I looked back at KBD's year last year.

KBD even had a real impact the first few games he finally cracked the starting unit but my God has the dropoff been deep. Gordon is the exact same guys he's been the last few years - his shot is still pretty to look at but he gives you nothing else. Yuta is showing why he was buried deep on the Brooklyn bench ..... and on and on.

At the moment it's looking like the Suns got exactly what they paid for with their FA's that's for sure.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by enigmatics » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:51 pm

Sunlight wrote:"Big three are unstoppable on offense"
"Opponents can't do anything on defense when one of the Suns' three superstars is always free to shoot"
"82-0 is possible"

Bro nobody said 82-0 gtfo.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,604

Post#5 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:10 pm

enigmatics wrote:
Sunlight wrote:"Big three are unstoppable on offense"
"82-0 is possible"

Bro nobody said 82-0 gtfo.

You gtfo let him have this moment.
Sunlight
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by Sunlight » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:12 pm

"I do think the suns will have a lot of blowouts for the bench guys to get their minutes"
"It's going to be tough but Metu and Little deserve minutes. WOW! this is the deepest Suns' roster I've ever seen"
"Our depth is a strength and a huge upgrade over last season, props to James Jones for making some solid moves and also Ishbia for making this a destination"
"Suns depth is ridiculous this year compared to last going to wear a lot of teams out"
"Regular season for us will be about calibrating to beat elite teams"
"Eubanks fits the prototype of hustling backup C who becomes Suns fans favorite ala Biz, Jock, etc."
"Yuta gotta get a decent chunk of minutes in regular season he is one of the best shooters in the league"
"Holy crap this team is so much more fun to watch than last years team"
"This team is going to shred some offensive records this year"
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,857

Post#7 » by SkyBill40 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:23 pm

Why the ambiguity? Post who said what. No shame in my game and if I said something, I said it. It's okay to be wrong.

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by enigmatics » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:52 am

SkyBill40 wrote:Why the ambiguity? Post who said what. No shame in my game and if I said something, I said it. It's okay to be wrong.

Because it's cowardice. This is the most unproductive thread I've ever seen attempted.
Sunlight
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by Sunlight » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:31 am

When the word 'coward' was mentioned here, how then when even moderator names members with the title 'Ayton lovers' or if someone publishes the opinion that Booker is a fake tough guy and should be traded. So then there is a threat that the write rights should be removed.

Laughing forward.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by enigmatics » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:34 am

Sunlight wrote:When the word 'coward' was mentioned here, how then when even moderator names members with the title 'Ayton lovers' or if someone publishes the opinion that Booker is a fake guy and should be traded. So then there is a threat that the write rights should be removed.

Laughing forward.

Cocaine is a helluva drug and stalking peoples' comments in such a holier than thou fashion only a third of the way into the season is not a good look for you.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,793

Post#11 » by thamadkant » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:21 am

enigmatics wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:Why the ambiguity? Post who said what. No shame in my game and if I said something, I said it. It's okay to be wrong.

Because it's cowardice. This is the most unproductive thread I've ever seen attempted.

It's as unproductive as your anti Ayton posts all year long
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,060

Post#12 » by garrick » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:56 am

thamadkant wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

And yet there are still people who think Ayton was the sole reason we couldn't win a championship but it's very clear there are multiple failures here.

1. Monty was not a championship level coach
2. JJ was a mediocre to bad GM
3. Sarver was an ****
4. Booker just isn't that guy
5. Ishbia is an even bigger **** than Sarver and is careless with money and clueless.
6. Whoever is making the basketball decisions is an experienced NBA2K player and constructed this team like his own NBA2K career roster.
garrick
Head Coach

Post#13 » by garrick » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:23 am

If we traded for a 32 year old KD even this might have been worth it but he's 34 and clearly on the decline as evidenced by last years playoffs when KD struggled to get to his spots against a much younger Boston team and just looked a step slow in their playoff defeat.

The fact that we gave up 4 UNPROTECTED picks is just inexcusable as well, how can you not put any sort of protection on any of those picks? If this move backfires we will be in a tough spot in a couple years with no draft picks and having KD's massive salary on the books

For the record this is what I said about the trade last year.

I have never been onboard with trading Bridges, Cam and 4 1st round picks for an old KD.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,927

Post#14 » by Calvin Klein » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:00 pm

There was so much love for Ishbia when it was clear he was being reckless and stupid.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by enigmatics » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:54 pm

thamadkant wrote:

It's only unproductive to you because you can't handle criticisms of the man who btw is on a 7 win team (which says a lot to his overall impact) and NOT "easily" averaging 25/12. I know it hurts man, but you'll be alright. :wink:

Btw I only RESPOND to Ayton comments. I'm not up in the Ayton thread updating it on a daily basis because there's really nothing to talk about anymore. He is what he is.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by enigmatics » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:56 pm

garrick wrote:
thamadkant wrote:
enigmatics wrote:

And yet there are still people who think Ayton was the sole reason we couldn't win a championship but it's very clear there are multiple failures here.

3. Sarver was an ****
5. Ishbia is an even bigger **** than Sarver and is careless with money and clueless.
6. Whoever is making the basketball decisions is an experienced NBA2K player and constructed this team like his own NBA2K career roster.

Who are these "people"?

There's no way in hell he was the only reason, but Ayton most definitely played a role in why they were embarrassed two straight years in the semifinals. It's inarguable because everyone knows now that he really didn't want to be a Sun the last couple of years. In that Nuggets series alone had he just put up even a little bit of a fight against Jokic there were a couple winnable games in there to change the landscape of that series.

Instead he literally sat out the elimination game with a wittle wib injury. Given that he was traded the very next offseason it's pretty clear what his motivation was for not playing in that game.
garrick
Head Coach

Post#17 » by garrick » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:41 pm

enigmatics wrote:
garrick wrote:
thamadkant wrote:

3. Sarver was an ****

Who are these "people"?

There's no way in hell he was the only reason, but Ayton most definitely played a role in why they were embarrassed two straight years in the semifinals. It's inarguable because everyone knows now that he really didn't want to be a Sun the last couple of years. In that Nuggets series alone had he just put up even a little bit of a fight against Jokic there were a couple winnable games in there to change the landscape of that series.

Instead he literally sat out the elimination game with a wittle wib injury. Given that he was traded the very next offseason it's pretty clear what his motivation was for not playing in that game.

Great now why don't you respond to the other 6 points I raised about why we couldn't win since our championship run?

Ayton isn't here and we're doing worse than ever. Are you going to keep blaming Ayton for that?
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by enigmatics » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:52 pm

garrick wrote:Great now why don't you respond to the other 6 points I raised about why we couldn't win since our championship run?

Ayton isn't here and we're doing worse than ever. Are you going to keep blaming Ayton for that?

Wait wut? I'm blaming Ayton for the Suns doing "teh WOrstEst"? He has zero to do with the 2023/2024 season because he's #1 not a Phoenix Sun #2 We had 5 years to see what he was and #3 it's a waste of a hypothetical exercise to argue what it would look like if he was on the Suns this year with no CP3 to feed him.

Regarding your other points:

You know damn well I hated him as a head coach - I've stated this a million times. CP3 was the real coach of the team.

Can't argue this - as time has gone on he's been mediocre, but the irony is the Suns did go to one NBA Finals and and made the playoffs 3 straight years under his watch, but again gotta link back to the CP3 factor.

3. Sarver was an ****

He was at times, but he started opening up the wallet - especially as the Suns turned into a contender.

Hasn't proven that he is yet no doubt - particularly when it matters most.

He's been the Suns owner for not even a full year of basketball yet.

Redundant point. We know who it is - it's Ishbia and Jones and it's obvious Ishbia isn't as hands off as many would like.
Boujack
Freshman
And1: 34

Post#19 » by Boujack » Tue Jan 9, 2024 3:48 pm

"I'm not entirely sure if we will win the ring but what is for sure is that this team is going to be a lot of fun to watch all season long"
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#20 » by Bogyo » Tue Jan 9, 2024 6:42 pm

Boujack wrote:"I'm not entirely sure if we will win the ring but what is for sure is that this team is going to be a lot of fun to watch all season long"

Dude, how do you have the time and the patience to dig up these? You into kinda S/M stuff? I'm sure there are forums for that as well... Also, arent we supposed to be biased (overly optimistic) for the team that we root for if anything? While I see/saw the bad stuff, I also liked the vision of this team if/when healthy. That hasnt happened - furthermore NONE of the new subs they brought in have lived up to the expectations, in fact they have been worse. I think that is rare, and in some ways just simply unlucky.

Return to Phoenix Suns