ImageImageImage

Game 40: Sacramento Kings (23-16) @ Phoenix Suns (21-18) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l AZFamily

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,388

Re: Game 40: Sacramento Kings (23-16) @ Phoenix Suns (21-18) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l AZFamily 

Post#141 » by Golanator » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:56 am

That was incredible, but not likely repeatable lol.

Gonna need to get way better on both ends of the floor especially when we play these top teams. I'd like to see the KD/Beal 2 man game we saw vs the Lakers more often. For some reason we killed them with it and then went away from it since.

Grayson Allen has been a Godsend this season.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,114

Re: Game 40: Sacramento Kings (23-16) @ Phoenix Suns (21-18) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l AZFamily 

Post#142 » by garrick » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:01 am

King4Day wrote:Was this a statement win? Absolutely not. On par with one of the worst games we've offered all season. But the last 5 minutes of that 4th.... The win against Portland isn't the type of game that can turn a season around. This comeback win? THAT can turn a season around.

Now....let's not crap the bed against the Pels and make this for nothing.

Yeah nice win but on most nights we can't expect to play 3.5 quarters of crappy basketball and expect to pull off a win like this.

Feels like Sacramento thought they had it in the bag and that stupid foul from Fox on the KD free throws was just an epic brain fart.
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,861

Post#143 » by SkyBill40 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:23 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:Dude... I've probably been a fan longer than you've been alive. Go ahead and call me fairweather if it gives you some kind of a rise, but it is of zero consequence whatsoever to me.

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app

You didn’t scroll all the way down Bill. I know you’ve been a fan longer than me. :)

Can’t even admit you were wrong and brushed this comment off like usual. People can’t scroll down to take lighthearted jokes it seems.

I didn't see any joke and I was checking posts quickly from my phone. There was no deliberate brush off here.

Admit I was wrong? About what? The Suns coming back to win and I missed it? Sure, I'm happy to admit to losing hope and having no confidence in them being able to get their collective sh*t together. We've seen it time and again with this very squad that they have all the tools but the motivation is selective. They won and I'm happy for them, but don't deride me for lacking faith as I damned well know I'm not alone here.

Think and feel what you wish about me. I'm good with that and there's no shame in my game. I'm a fan, ride or die, to the end; however, that doesn't mean that my loyalty can't be shaken, waver, or just be downright lacking at times.

I have no issues with you. Let's not start any now. I'm too old for that nonsense and besides, they'll be playing again soon enough.

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,958

Post#145 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:55 am

Read on Twitter
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,130

Post#146 » by sunsbg » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:31 am

Lol got confused reading people talk about a win still having to watch final 4 mins. One of the most undeserved wins ever. Booker and KD were terrible in 1st half which means bad offense to the expected by now atrocious D. Grayson was the only one who appeared to care about winning and kept as in the game with 3s. Should suck a lot for Kings fans to lose two won games after falling to Bucks in previous game on a long 3 in OT.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,946

Post#147 » by Mulhollanddrive » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:32 am

Spacing with Durant at Center won us the game
Hitachi77
Senior
And1: 677

Post#148 » by Hitachi77 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am

Wasn’t able to see the game. Did they play a lot of zone D with the death lineup? That has to be the secret weapon come playoff time. Sure teams can pound inside and the boards, but those big guys have to guard someone else on the other end. Just gotta play slightly better D than the other team. And mixing in zone D and some doubles can cause turnovers and put the other team out of rhythm. This is supposed to be Frank Vogel’s strength.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#149 » by sashaturiaf » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:34 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Spacing with Durant at Center won us the game

Time for Bol Bol to put his center hat on when he returns.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#150 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:35 am

sunsbg wrote:Lol got confused reading people talk about a win still having to watch final 4 mins. One of the most undeserved wins ever. Booker and KD were terrible in 1st half which means bad offense to the expected by now atrocious D. Grayson was the only one who appeared to care about winning and kept as in the game with 3s. Should suck a lot for Kings fans to lose two won games after falling to Bucks in previous game on a long 3 in OT.

Undeserved??

Well, then you can make the same argument when we are dominant for three quarters and we have a bad 4th and lose the game.
RedIndian
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,843

Post#151 » by RedIndian » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:48 am

This death lineup worked against the Kings, but it absolutely won't work against teams with big wings like the Clippers or even the Mavs with Luka, or the great teams like Denver or OKC.

Our perimeter defense is just awful - I'm not sure we can survive with Grayson Allen starting at the 3 against any semi-contender. Desperate need to add some athletic wings on this roster.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,413

Post#152 » by Puff » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:02 am

RedIndian wrote:This death lineup worked against the Kings, but it absolutely won't work against teams with big wings like the Clippers or even the Mavs with Luka, or the great teams like Denver or OKC.

Our perimeter defense is just awful - I'm not sure we can survive with Grayson Allen starting at the 3 against any semi-contender. Desperate need to add some athletic wings on this roster.

Why doesn't Little get any time on the court?

I think he is healthy now.

In flashes his shot has looked good and he is aggressive. He also came advertised as a good defender.
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#153 » by sunsbg » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:16 am

Saberestar wrote:
sunsbg wrote:Lol got confused reading people talk about a win still having to watch final 4 mins. One of the most undeserved wins ever. Booker and KD were terrible in 1st half which means bad offense to the expected by now atrocious D. Grayson was the only one who appeared to care about winning and kept as in the game with 3s. Should suck a lot for Kings fans to lose two won games after falling to Bucks in previous game on a long 3 in OT.

Undeserved??

Well, then you can make the same argument when we are dominant for three quarters and we have a bad 4th and lose the game.

Yes, the way they played for 3 qtrs - no O, no D, no heart, tells me a lot more than a late comeback, for which usually the other team taking foot off the pedal also plays a role. They looked so bad, I'd have turned it off like many others apparently did if not for waiting to see if countryman Vezenkov breaks his scoring record. Funny his best two games so far came against Suns D. Not sure we can use dominant for anything related to this team either. In a few games they've looked good against mediocre teams. Against a good playoffs team like Sac they looked brutal for 3 qtrs. Sorry for not being impressed by winning in the end.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#154 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:33 am

sunsbg wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

Undeserved??

Yes, the way they played for 3 qtrs - no O, no D, no heart, tells me a lot more than a late comeback, for which usually the other team taking foot off the pedal also plays a role. They looked so bad, I'd have turned it off like many others apparently did if not for waiting to see if countryman Vezenkov breaks his scoring record. Funny his best two games so far came against Suns D. Not sure we can use dominant for anything related to this team either. In a few games they've looked good against mediocre teams. Against a good playoffs team like Sac they looked brutal for 3 qtrs. Sorry for not being impressed by winning in the end.

No need to be sorry, but I don't share your approach.

So we deserve to lose when we play great ball for 3 quarters but we play a bad fourth and we deserve to lose when we play bad for three quarters but we play a great 4th.

And the rival always deserves to win?
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#155 » by sunsbg » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:45 am

Saberestar wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Undeserved??

So we deserve to lose when we play great ball for 3 quarters but we play a bad fourth and we deserve to lose when we play bad for three quarters but we play a great 4th.

Well, technically winning/losing is always deserved, but you know people still use expressions like ''didn't deserve to win/lose" and this game is a prime example for such case when half the fans turn their TVs off, but the team manages to win. It's not all bad though. While I don't think the end of this game is some turning point, there is still time left to start playing like a real contender if the coaches put a real offense that doesn't rely on a role player hitting 8/9 3s to stay competitive and our superstars build chemistry and look like superstars most of the time rather than 1/4 of a game.
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,373

Post#156 » by AtheJ415 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:08 am

First really encouraging game in a long time. Showed actual fight. This team needs to be playing with this level of focus and effort at all times. Hopefully they are mature enough to recognize this
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,114

Post#157 » by garrick » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:54 pm

sunsbg wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

Well, technically winning/losing is always deserved, but you know people still use expressions like ''didn't deserve to win/lose" and this game is a prime example for such case when half the fans turn their TVs off, but the team manages to win. It's not all bad though. While I don't think the end of this game is some turning point, there is still time left to start playing like a real contender if the coaches put a real offense that doesn't rely on a role player hitting 8/9 3s to stay competitive and our superstars build chemistry and look like superstars most of the time rather than 1/4 of a game.

It's not a coincidence we chisel away at the lead when Nurkic was off the floor in the 4th.

Defensively he is a huge liability being slow to rotate, slow to contest and getting beat off the dribble which led to the Kings getting either wide open 3 pointers or free drives to the rim.

He might be an okay passer but I think the team should consider trading him for other assets if he even has that kind of value in the league. Booker also played like garbage this game and got bailed out by Grayson who isn't going to be scoring 20+ points most nights.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#158 » by sunsbg » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:07 pm

After beating one contender for 5th spot would be nice to beat the other two, Pels and Mavs, in next four games. The rest of the opponents until 8 feb are average teams at best so need to take advantage of the schedule. With better chemistry going forward there is a chance to defend a higher position despite the very hard schedule to end the season.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#159 » by bigfoot » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:46 pm

Read on Twitter

Must have been the major tipping point of the game
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#160 » by NapoleonII » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:09 pm

Damn, I went to sleep because I'm on the east coast until Sunday.

But I knew this was winnable...Kings were hitting some ridiculous 3 pt shots.

Return to Phoenix Suns