Lakers/Kings
19%

Total votes: 16

Fifii
Sophomore
And1: 108

Re: 2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 4 - A Rocky Start 

Post#2 » by Fifii » Fri Feb 2, 2024 10:05 pm

What’s the problem to acquire Saddiq ? How many 2rd we have ? They gave 5 x2rd for him. If we have three we could add Little and it would be this same
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#3 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 10:16 pm

Saberestar wrote:

I will never not see Bridges as who he is which is a wife beater, domestic abuser and all-round disgusting human being

But I kind of agree with EJ
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#4 » by NapoleonII » Fri Feb 2, 2024 10:19 pm

Son of Ra wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:It's amazing how talent trumps what you have done in the past. Kobe (raping is worse than beating, whether or not you didn't "think you were raping"...and he admitted she thought different than he did)...it gets settled out of court. And he's an icon. Ray Lewis very likely killed someone...and is a legend. Now I hate Kobe for that abhorrent behavior, and one time being caught probably means it happened often. Anyway, would I say I don't want Kobe or Ray Lewis on my team? If they are going to improve the on court product, that is what I am a fan of. He's an exciting player too. MIke Tyson too....he was in movies after raping someone, though of course he had been in prison, and also beat the crap out of his wife...I think said it was the hardest punch he's ever thrown.

These guys are entitled....and most are respectful, but I imagine it happens a lot. Doesn't excuse anything, but Kidd was another example. I know Colangelo traded him for Marbury, which shows he wasn't about it, but then again the Nets went from an ok team to a finals team with the trade, and Marbury made us far worse than Kidd. Imagine if we had Kidd in the first few years of Amare with Marion and JJ.

Doesn't excuse anything yet you're doing just that?

Your reply is basically "aww, shucks, that's how it's always been, guess there's nothing you can do about it".

Some of you need to take a good look in the mirror. That includes everyone debating whether his skillet justifies overlooking his actions. I'm not even taking prime **** Karl Malone for free. This is a hobby, a past time and even if it weren't morality shouldn't change...
I'm not trying to play moral police here but this stuff isn't even debatable.

I'm not engaging in this conversation anymore but I'm genuinely shocked that this is apparently ok for so many in 2024. Looks like the male psyche is still stuck in he 50s.

Yup.

I get the reasoning, but reasoning only goes so far in discussions like this.

It’s also worth nothing that those cases were 20+ years ago - the world has changed, and not entirely for the worst.

Also - it’s completely free to say that all those guys were wrong, too. And to have higher standards than you did yesterday.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,484

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 10:23 pm

NapoleonII wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:It's amazing how talent trumps what you have done in the past. Kobe (raping is worse than beating, whether or not you didn't "think you were raping"...and he admitted she thought different than he did)...it gets settled out of court. And he's an icon. Ray Lewis very likely killed someone...and is a legend. Now I hate Kobe for that abhorrent behavior, and one time being caught probably means it happened often. Anyway, would I say I don't want Kobe or Ray Lewis on my team? If they are going to improve the on court product, that is what I am a fan of. He's an exciting player too. MIke Tyson too....he was in movies after raping someone, though of course he had been in prison, and also beat the crap out of his wife...I think said it was the hardest punch he's ever thrown.

These guys are entitled....and most are respectful, but I imagine it happens a lot. Doesn't excuse anything, but Kidd was another example. I know Colangelo traded him for Marbury, which shows he wasn't about it, but then again the Nets went from an ok team to a finals team with the trade, and Marbury made us far worse than Kidd. Imagine if we had Kidd in the first few years of Amare with Marion and JJ.

Doesn't excuse anything yet you're doing just that?

Your reply is basically "aww, shucks, that's how it's always been, guess there's nothing you can do about it".

Some of you need to take a good look in the mirror. That includes everyone debating whether his skillet justifies overlooking his actions. I'm not even taking prime **** Karl Malone for free. This is a hobby, a past time and even if it weren't morality shouldn't change...
I'm not trying to play moral police here but this stuff isn't even debatable.

I'm not engaging in this conversation anymore but I'm genuinely shocked that this is apparently ok for so many in 2024. Looks like the male psyche is still stuck in he 50s.

Yup.

I get the reasoning, but reasoning only goes so far in discussions like this.

It’s also worth nothing that those cases were 20+ years ago - the world has changed, and not entirely for the worst.

Also - it’s completely free to say that all those guys were wrong, too. And to have higher standards than you did yesterday.

I've always had high standards when it comes to killers, rapers, wife beaters if the facts support it,as well as racism. Now Bridges has been punished, and perhaps not enough, but since he is playing basketball and I am a fan of wanting to see this team win, I'd rather he help us to that than an opponent. I'd hate to not get him and see someone like Denver or OKC get him and go to knock us out in a close playoff series.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,732

Post#6 » by Qwigglez » Fri Feb 2, 2024 10:32 pm

So when it comes to Miles Bridges, if the Suns end up getting him, I can't do anything about it as a fan except just stop watching the Suns to show that I do not support that behavior and that type of player on my team. The thing here is the guy served his suspension by the league, and some championship caliber team will likely get him for a very cheap trade. If it ends up being the Suns, I will still watch the team and root for them.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,383

Post#7 » by Golanator » Fri Feb 2, 2024 10:42 pm

Qwigglez wrote:So when it comes to Miles Bridges, if the Suns end up getting him, I can't do anything about it as a fan except just stop watching the Suns to show that I do not support that behavior and that type of player on my team. The thing here is the guy served his suspension by the league, and some championship caliber team will likely get him for a very cheap trade. If it ends up being the Suns, I will still watch the team and root for them.

Of course, I will too. I won't like rooting for Bridges but at the end of the day I'll be rooting for the Suns to win regardless. Doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer us to trade for someone else in his place, like Royce O'Neal or Dorian Finney Smith or anyone else that doesn't beat the **** out of women.

I imagine most Suns fans are in the same position we are. It's uncomfortable and gross. The good news, if it happens, is that he'll be gone in 30-something games because we won't have his bird rights.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#8 » by kennydorglas » Fri Feb 2, 2024 10:58 pm

Imagine caring about off-field stuff in **** sports.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#9 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Feb 2, 2024 11:14 pm

Qwigglez wrote:So when it comes to Miles Bridges, if the Suns end up getting him, I can't do anything about it as a fan except just stop watching the Suns to show that I do not support that behavior and that type of player on my team. The thing here is the guy served his suspension by the league, and some championship caliber team will likely get him for a very cheap trade. If it ends up being the Suns, I will still watch the team and root for them.
It's a little of the classic 'not in my backyard' aspect for me. Like I generally believe in second chances after someone serves their punishment but I wouldn't like rooting for the guy on the Suns.

If it happens I wouldn't stop watching or anything like that.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,507

Post#10 » by Stix » Fri Feb 2, 2024 11:15 pm

kennydorglas wrote:Imagine caring about off-field stuff in **** sports.

Right? If only we knew everything about our co-workers... a lot of you would be out of a job because you refuse to "support" their behavior.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#11 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Feb 2, 2024 11:23 pm

Stix wrote:

Right? If only we knew everything about our co-workers... a lot of you would be out of a job because you refuse to "support" their behavior.
I think both perspectives are 'correct'. This is just entertainment so it's a very personal thing as what matters to a fan when choosing to spend their time and/or money on the entertainment.

Some people choose to separate the art from artists and others don't. I don't think either perspective is wrong.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,916

Post#12 » by Fo-Real » Fri Feb 2, 2024 11:29 pm

Stix wrote:

I'll bet that bastard hates puppies too!!! I can't support this team with a puppy hater on it. What's that S.O.B'S stance on abortin?!?!?! :lol:
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,507

Post#13 » by Stix » Fri Feb 2, 2024 11:37 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
Stix wrote:

I'll bet that bastard hates puppies too!!! I can't support this team with a puppy hater on it. What's that S.O.B'S stance on abortin?!?!?! :lol:

Let's leave Micheal Vick out of this. God forbid anyone gives him any second chances.
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#14 » by Fo-Real » Fri Feb 2, 2024 11:41 pm

Stix wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:
Stix wrote:

Let's leave Micheal Vick out of this. God forbid anyone gives him any second chances.

You're right!! Bridges is probably friends with Michael Vick too, AINT NO DAMN WAY HE CAN COME HERE!! Probably kisses with his eyes wide open, **** psychopath!! :o
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#15 » by BobbieL » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:03 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

I will never not see Bridges as who he is which is a wife beater, domestic abuser and all-round disgusting human being

But I kind of agree with EJ

Eddie made some valid points

I must say I wish they had other options. But as Week said - some team will trade for him

So it would be little, probably another player for bridges

Suns would have one roster spot for the buyout market

If Eddie is good with it….
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#16 » by kennydorglas » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:14 am

Stix wrote:

Sports is just modern day Coliseum.
If NBA allows Miles Bridges to still play, why in the hell people cares if he's a psycho or not.

ps: most nba players are actually like that, its what gives them the competitive edge in sports...
but I guess mostly here aint ready for this conversation.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,508

Post#17 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:23 am

kennydorglas wrote:
Stix wrote:

Sports is just modern day Coliseum.
If NBA allows Miles Bridges to still play, why in the hell people cares if he's a psycho or not.

ps: most nba players are actually like that, its what gives them the competitive edge in sports...
but I guess mostly here aint ready for this conversation.

I wonder how many nba players beat up their wives behind closed doors since “MOST NBA PLAYERS ARE ACTUALLY LIKE THAT.” It makes me wonder if Booker or KD will beat up their wives/gfs I might lose sleep this upcoming week. Thanks for opening up my eyes.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#18 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 1:00 am

Golanator wrote:

Of course, I will too. I won't like rooting for Bridges but at the end of the day I'll be rooting for the Suns to win regardless. Doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer us to trade for someone else in his place, like Royce O'Neal or Dorian Finney Smith or anyone else that doesn't beat the **** out of women.

I imagine most Suns fans are in the same position we are. It's uncomfortable and gross. The good news, if it happens, is that he'll be gone in 30-something games because we won't have his bird rights.

I agree with that. I'd rather have DFS, but I imagine other teams will offer more. Bridges is likely cheap for those reasons. Royce O'Neale maybe too..though he hasn't been as good. Bridges is the most dynamic though, better athlete, etc. But DFS would be a perfect teammate and glue guy and Royce to a lesser extent. We just really don't have much for trade assets. I imagine it will take more than a 2nd or two and Little for him or even Royce.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#19 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 1:07 am

Stix wrote:Also...
Landry Shamet last year was 37.7% from 3pt. Chris Paul 37.5%.

Brad Beal this year from 3... 34.7%.

Also about flexility from the Beal trade...
Its a lot easier to trade Paul at basically an expiring 30mil (last year is non-guaranteed) and Shamet at 9mil than it is to trade Mr. Glass and his street clothes at $46+mil (increasing every year - WITH A NO TRADE CLAUSE) for 4 years, is it not?

I don't think Beal is very tradeable, in part because we'd likely have to take back a very large contract or contracts, and likely not good ones. But the same was the case if we traded Paul/Shamet together. Beal will likely be easier to trade in the last year or two of his contract.

Beal was at 39% before breaking his nose, and had a few bad games.

The fact is, we are a lot better with Beal. Before he was healthy we were hovering around 10th or 11th place with the easiest schedule in the league and since he's been playing we've had the 2nd best record in the NBA behind the Clips.

It's not a coincidence Booker has played a lot better with Beal on the floor than before he was on it. It makes it a lot tougher on opposing defenses. I don't think you can focus a ton on Beal's individual play, given he's really had to sacrifice his # of shots, being the #1 guy to going to the #3 guy, and he's doing well with assists, rebounds, defense, etc. It's nice he's accepted the role with a great attitude. He has been essentially the same player as Book in his career and I can't see Book going to a team and accepting that type of role.
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#20 » by Fo-Real » Sat Feb 3, 2024 1:08 am

I personally don't Bridges would be a good fit basketball wise for us. We could use a bigger more hustle/dirty work pf.

Return to Phoenix Suns