Lakers/Warriors
31%
Lakers/Kings
19%

Total votes: 16

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,838

Re: 2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 5 - The final stretch & battle for the 6 seed 

Post#1801 » by Saberestar » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:59 am

sunsbg wrote:NOP vs SAC 5:0 season series. Lol. Weird Pels finish the season against all three teams tied for 8-10 spots. They very likely beat GSW tomorrow if Green and Klay are still out. Pels clinch 6th seed if we lose to Kings and will rest their players against Lakers. Suns losing both remaining games almost certainly means 9th spot likely facing GSW in the play-in.

Pelicans play @ GSW tonight. I doubt they rest any player.
We need to win and wait for a Warriors win, and they need a win badly to avoid those 9/10 seeds.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,065

Re: 2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 5 - The final stretch & battle for the 6 seed 

Post#1802 » by sunsbg » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:24 am

Saberestar wrote:
sunsbg wrote:NOP vs SAC 5:0 season series. Lol. Weird Pels finish the season against all three teams tied for 8-10 spots. They very likely beat GSW tomorrow if Green and Klay are still out. Pels clinch 6th seed if we lose to Kings and will rest their players against Lakers. Suns losing both remaining games almost certainly means 9th spot likely facing GSW in the play-in.

We need to win and wait for a Warriors win, and they need a win badly to avoid those 9/10 seeds.

No idea if they rest players, which is risky, or Green and Klay's injuries are legit. If they are healthy it'll be a fun game. Most importantly, we need to beat the Kings, who will come super motivated. No trap game excuse in this one, so let's see.
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,031

Post#1803 » by Son of Ra » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:57 am

NE1Care wrote:Pelicans win. The Suns will have to earn it. I would like to see some fire in them, some heart.

Saberestar
RealGM

Post#1804 » by Saberestar » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:11 am

sunsbg wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

No idea if they rest players, which is risky, or Green and Klay's injuries are legit. If they are healthy it'll be a fun game. Most importantly, we need to beat the Kings, who will come super motivated. No trap game excuse in this one, so let's see.

Read on Twitter

I have been reading about Draymond and Klay's injuries and my understanding is that both will play tonight.

It seems that they considered the game @ Portland an easy one and they wanted them rested on the second night of a back-to-back.

We will see.
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,468

Post#1805 » by BurningHeart » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:39 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:It's true that the article Booker wanting out and referencing KD wanting out was a contextual spinjob a bit by bill Simmons, and might be much ado about nothing really??? And the KD video interview was also referencing New York was about his choice to go to Brooklyn over New York at the time!

However, sometimes the underlying correlative subtleties are more important to catch than the base (surface) context. What I mean by this is the well known behavioral tendencies of KD that are/ have been overall mercenarial and self driven above all, additionally his gushing over New York as the very top place to live and play in with this interview only being A MONTH AGO!!! (well into his time here in Phoenix).

And on top of all that, his familial and multiple other influences still pushing him to choose New York for his next destination. As in recently, there still making it a point of emphasis to discuss New York constantly with him as a prime destination. and finally you add up the disconnect between KD and everyone else on the bench and in general with his mannerisms, etc. And it isn't really all that far fetched to piece together why KD might be already checked out and mentally moved on possibly?

Now how this clearly reflects with Booker is the distinct behavioral tendencies that he is displaying now more than ever. How emotionally and professionally checked out he has been/ is. And his overall dismissive demeanor is almost identical to what KDs' disposition is/ has been too. Then you consider the Gary visible frustration that has turned into apathy and indifference now for both around this team, etc. And neither exhibits any joy, camaraderie or even any chemistry to the team and his fellow players.

Lastly, all these factors cumulatively come together when you figure Books connection to Leon Rose and potentially promoting his brand in a much larger market being a real legitimate consideration to his legacy, and you can hopefully make the connection to Book and Kds' glaring disconnect as if they've already moved on from this team and whole situation and are just going through the motions for now. The pre trade patterns ( asking out) have been fairly clear in such situations repetitively. IF we eventually implode as we annually do yet again, how reasonable is it to consider this possibility?

This is exactly it. It doesn't *matter* that he was talking about after the warriors or whatever. It's that he's even talking about it at all. It's indicative. This guy's mind and heart is always elsewhere. Always. It's evident by him presenting himself in a certain way in Seattle/OKC and then flipping a switch turning into this insufferable douche with countless examples.

Nah. Come on.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#1806 » by Saberestar » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:51 am

Read on Twitter

LOL
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,826

Post#1807 » by Calvin Klein » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:23 am

BurningHeart wrote:
This is exactly it. It doesn't *matter* that he was talking about after the warriors or whatever. It's that he's even talking about it at all. It's indicative. This guy's mind and heart is always elsewhere. Always. It's evident by him presenting himself in a certain way in Seattle/OKC and then flipping a switch turning into this insufferable douche with countless examples.

Nah. Come on.

These type of guys only play for one team. Their own. That is him and Rich Kleiman. And they inhabit NBA teams, just like some parasite, to achieve their goals. When it's no longer to their advantage they move on to greener pastures. Superstars who go through the grind are very rare these days. We'll see what Booker does after this iteration of the team is over.

I know it's a wild comparison, but that's basically how they operate.

From a real life perspective, it's understandable. From a fan's perspective, it makes you wonder why you still support and suffer for these teams/players. :noway:
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,553

Post#1808 » by Revived » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:42 pm

Read on Twitter

This is sick. And I wonder what Lou Amundson is up to these days.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#1809 » by bigfoot » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:44 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

still trying to get the taste out of his mouth
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,743

Post#1810 » by sunsbum » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:30 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Says a lot about these guys, I mean we already knew Barnes is a grade A piece of ****.
Flex is now your father.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,502

Post#1811 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:11 pm

sunsbum wrote:Anyone else hoping Pelicans to win tonight? I honestly want the suns to have to prove it from rock bottom that they actually give a ****. They definitely don't deserve ANYTHING handed to them at this point.

I kind of want to have them earn it too in 1 off play in games...I mean, to stumble into the playoffs because you got to play the Clippers second stringers, the Pels without Ingram, the depleted Kings, and maybe the resting TWolves...nah.

Also, if they did get knocked out in the play in because they were just not good enough, they wouldn't win a series anyway, and it will serve as a wake up call (or should, though we have had countless wake up calls this season) and Ishbia would either fire the coach, possibly trade KD to stock up assets, OR we would really come in focused next season (hopefully).

We are really missing a leader. Now you won't find another guy like Chris Paul in that respect. I do think the best player to be a vocal leader that we have is actually Beal. Why? He is relatable, likable, outspoken, has a good attitude, will help young players, etc. Now I know several people hate him for whatever reason and will claim he did nothing in Washington as the lead guy, but he also had crap players. When he had Wall (who really was inefficient), a decent Porter, etc, who are not great players, they got to the 2nd round.

Having KD and Book is different.

But still, would KD and Book listen or at least allow him to lead the others, or not?

But really, without Paul we need a strong coach, and honestly, I do think Vogel is a solid defensive coach, but you need the right coach for your team.

With AD, LeBron, Caruso, KCP, even an older Dwight Howard, etc, he was a great coach because those guys are or can be solid defensive players.

Or even with Indy he was good and overachieved with a squad of guys who were solid defensively with George, David West, George Hill, Lance Stephenson, Hibbert...that team lost to the LeBron/Wade/Bosh Heat squad in 6 in the ECF two years in a row.

But for us, it's like Porter with Nash and SSOL....we need a guy to maximize offense like D'Antoni did and just outscore people so badly they can't keep up. Hopefully more of an offense like SSOL and not iso which is never as effective as finding the open shooter, who is always there with stars that are often doubled.

Then maybe try to have a couple of solid defenders like O'Neale. I mean KD is fairly solid...even better than average, and Beal can play solid D. We've even seen Book do it in the past.

Anyway, losing a play in wouldn't be the worst thing for this team...it would be a massive failure and I'd prefer they wake up and go on a run, but there are silver linings if we do lose...a massive wake up call for Ish, the team, and maybe we make big changes, whether it be trading KD while he still has a ton of value, making a coaching change, or something else.

I don't think we trade Booker yet...or maybe ever unless he wants out...which I suppose is a possibility if we traded KD..but if so we would get a massive haul and maybe could get a young and upcoming team. Not the best for many given we just got to the finals and won 64 games, but I don't know if anyone sees us getting better in the coming years and not having any picks...with 2-3 supermax contracts on the books.

And then the last slight silver lining...having a higher pick this coming draft.

Best case scenario would be Washington and Memphis jumping up to 1 and 2 in the draft and us jumping to 3. Would be hilarious because neither would want to swap.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1812 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:12 pm

No wonder Lou Admundson played with so much energy...probably taking all his anger out on the court.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1813 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:24 pm

Pelicans will probably lose to the Lakers to get everyone happy, while we beat the Kings, and then in the last game they will beat GS while we lose to the TWolves and then fall back to end the season down 1 game.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,512

Post#1814 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:45 pm

Agree with pretty much everything that you said in the lengthier response you had to Sunsbum above! This team was constructed of overeagerness and excitement (which I know much about!...lol) and more troubling, little reflection and planning for how these pieces could even compliment each other correctly.

It's like trying to put a jigsaw puzzle together without even making sure the pieces being used are for the correct puzzle your putting together! And the sad truth is pretty apparent that the lack of chemistry and cohesion is also a bigger result of some pretty poor, hasty and careless roster construction exacerbated further by the offensive oriented personnel supposed to be optimized somehow by a defense oriented coach????

And the nail in our coffin will be the big threes misplaced arrogance and weak mentality that leads to a lackadaisical apathetic attitude of indifference to the situation. This roster is just highly dysfunctional and disjointed and the coach in Vogel will be the "lame duck" scapegoat for our collapse this season. But much much more reflection, accountability and roster alterations will be necessary to get havi on track!
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,826

Post#1815 » by Calvin Klein » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:41 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

No wonder Nash didn’t get along with shaq. I like shaq but he is a bully. That is disgusting and not funny at all.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,161

Post#1816 » by spanishninja » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:06 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

No wonder Nash didn’t get along with shaq. I like shaq but he is a bully. That is disgusting and not funny at all.

I mean, this is the same guy who hurled racial slurs at Yao Ming. He claims to have learned his lesson but obviously not based on this.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,656

Post#1817 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:53 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's so gross

Didn't Shaq mess with Lou's bike that he rode in everyday as well?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,537

Post#1818 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:27 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's so gross

Didn't Shaq mess with Lou's bike that he rode in everyday as well?

Shaq is a grade A bully I could never stand him. Wish TNT never got him cause it’s hard watching that show with him being on it. If I ever saw Shaq in person I’d choke hold him and he wouldn’t be able to tap out. Yes, I’m that strong.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1819 » by bwgood77 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:51 am

Looks like Orlando may drop from 5th to 7th in 2 days. They have to play Philly with Embiid (Philly in 7th but obviously with Embiid much better) and NY/Milwaukee battling for seed 2 (loser probably plays Philly, though Philly maybe could move up to 5 depending on if they win their last game and what Indy does. The Bucks/OKC is an important game for both teams. If the Bucks lose and the Knicks win they will be tied going into the last game and the Bucks play the Magic on Sunday. The Bucks will need to play to win either way. Knicks will likely beat the Nets tonight..to stay on the Bucks tail.

So the top and bottom of both conferences are pretty close. Denver has two easier games left but 2/3 seeds on both conferences up for grabs. The whole east is actually tight after Boston.

It's also pretty crazy to think if Boston goes 2-0 in their last two games they will have tied our season record from 2 years ago when we dominated like Boston did this year in a tougher conference and with a pretty young core. Crazy how things change in 2 years. I know that 64 team had Paul but remember, early that year Paul was like 3rd in the MVP race but he went down with an injury and we KEPT dominating which is why Book vaulted up....so that team even without Paul, was tough. Even with Payne. 64 wins and Paul out for a long time...with all young guys starting...Book and Payne drafted the furthest back.

Return to Phoenix Suns