Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,483

Re: Game 64: Boston Celtics (48-14) @ Phoenix Suns (37-26) | Saturday | 6:30PM 

Post#141 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:00 pm

Hitachi77 wrote:
garrick wrote:
Hitachi77 wrote:
Yeah and just to add to that. Eubanks in particular seems to really struggle adding value in space. That’s why he had almost nothing in a full quarter of play yesterday. Without KP playing, Boston’s offense is purely around the perimeter guys. So Eubanks job in that matchup is to float around a bit, help defense, rebounds, close out on 3 point shooters etc. I don’t think he’s effective at all in that role. But against Jokic, his job is clear. Follow around Jokic, put a body on Jokic, etc. that’s it.

Ironically, with KP playing, Eubanks role would be the same as it would be vs Jokic, but like you said, KP is quicker. Others like Giannis are much quicker. So Eubanks would very likely struggle there too.

So yeah, that matchup vs Denver is looking outstanding. We have guys who play Jokic well and they basically have no one to deal with our big 3. That doesn’t mean it’s an auto win for us at all, there are many ways we could still lose. But the matchup looks very good.

Yeah last season with our skeleton crew we took Denver to 6 games which was more than the Lakers or Wolves could do albeit with Book and KD going MJ mode for those wins with little help from the bench so this team will matchup better than last season though I still give Denver the edge.

I think we have no hope for Boston or Milwaukee in the East if we ever make it to the championships but we have to worry about getting out of the West or even making it to the playoffs and avoiding the play in.

Milwaukee is good, not great. Nothing about them says we can’t play with them to me. We can’t guard Giannis but they can’t guard our big 3 either.

Boston I get it. But look what happened last year. They were dominant when they wanted to be in the reg season, then got annihilated by Miami.

But ya, gotta worry about the west first.

I think they are really missing Jrue. Lillard hasn't been quite as good as he was. Middleton has missed a lot of games. Lillard kind of rises in big games though, and he is still scoring 25 ppg on a 60% TS%.

Return to Phoenix Suns