ImageImageImage

Game 67: Phoenix Suns (38-28) @ Charlotte Hornets (17-49) | Friday | 4:00PM

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,830

Re: Game 67: Phoenix Suns (38-28) @ Charlotte Hornets (17-49) | Friday | 4:00PM 

Post#41 » by Saberestar » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:30 am

sashaturiaf wrote:This board is so bipolar

I'll take the W thanks. This game means absolutely nothing in the overall scheme of things

Onto the next one

Yeah, it wasn't pretty but we did the job.

I hope they rest well tomorrow because we have an early tip-off on Sunday @ Bucks.
Hitachi77
Senior
And1: 652

Post#42 » by Hitachi77 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:54 am

Calvin Klein wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:
It's a reflection of the team.

Things frustrate me with the team, but at least try and bring something new to the discussion instead of posting the same thing every single post. The posters that do it know who they are.

Yeah, but the lack of interest is also a reflection of the team, IMO. There's nothing to get excited about. The play in games will be quite explosive in here though.

Meh, I’m still excited. Remember, we missed the playoffs for a decade. And regardless of record, we have shown the ability to play with and beat anyone. Gotta remember that, other than the KD Warriors, it’s always more likely than not that ANY team wins a title. Play well and hopefully get lucky. I like our chances against anyone but the Clippers and Celtics, and those teams could easily be taken out by someone else.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,486

Post#43 » by bwgood77 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:09 am

Saberestar wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:This board is so bipolar

I'll take the W thanks. This game means absolutely nothing in the overall scheme of things

Onto the next one

Yeah, it wasn't pretty but we did the job.

I hope they rest well tomorrow because we have an early tip-off on Sunday @ Bucks.

Yeah, we played WAY better yesterday despite the loss. KD and Book shooting 33% against the Hornets a bit concerning. Those guys sure did play a lot of minutes given we were up so much and it was a b2b.
Funky Tut
Bench Warmer
And1: 768

Post#44 » by Funky Tut » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:11 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:This board has been murdered. No wonder I almost never come around anymore. So many bad takes and any chance to put the team down gets taken.

Because this team sucks why lift them up when they can’t do anything right? 65+ sample size and yet same mistakes from game 1. Again why lift this team up for your, Jdiddy & Saber’s amusement? Everyone is a sensitive now a days you can’t put the suns down or else you look like a clown, right?

For the first time in a while I didn't even watch a Suns game, It was wild to me this team doesn't interest me.
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,964

Post#45 » by KLEON » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:19 am

grumpysaddle wrote:This board has been murdered. No wonder I almost never come around anymore. So many bad takes and any chance to put the team down gets taken.

100% :noway:
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,056

Post#46 » by sunsbg » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:56 am

Nurk absolutely killing it on the boards. For being two of the best offensive players in the league don't understand how Booker and KD go 2-14 for 3. Not the first time this happens.
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,024

Post#47 » by Son of Ra » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:44 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

Because this team sucks why lift them up when they can’t do anything right? 65+ sample size and yet same mistakes from game 1. Again why lift this team up for your, Jdiddy & Saber’s amusement? Everyone is a sensitive now a days you can’t put the suns down or else you look like a clown, right?

Why come here to say the same thing every ****ing post? Bring something up once or twice and move on, but it's goddamn incessant.

That's what most posters have done, that's why you're seeing 3 page game threads. If the ones repeating their opinions would stop now too we might as well not have game threads anymore.

There simply hasn't been any development with this team from game 1. Insert *Same, same...but different ..but still same* gif
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#48 » by Bogyo » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:50 am

sunsbg wrote:Nurk absolutely killing it on the boards. For being two of the best offensive players in the league don't understand how Booker and KD go 2-14 for 3. Not the first time this happens.

I think they dont really care. It doesn't seem like it to me. They say the "right" things - even those are the canned bs things usually, but then I don't see the fight or fire, other than the occasional flare up. The rest is just going through the motions with 80% energy, as they think they are good enough to pull it off like that. Time and time again it doesnt happen, yet they refuse to change. Numerous times we talked about the pace, or the super low averages we are shooting on 3 pointers usually (yea, this game was not a great example for that,as they shot like dogsht), and they don't do anything about it. 2 of the simplest things. What do you expect for the rest of the more difficult, nuanced stuff? Me, I don't expect anything by now. Let the "superstars" (dumb n words) middy our season away while trying to look cool and collect their paychecks. Bravo.
I'll be intrested to see what we get back when we blow this up, and how we build on that.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,381

Post#49 » by Puff » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:09 am

Sorry to be a broken record but: 15 freaking points in 4th Qtr and Hornets get up 7 more shots.

There never seems to be a total team effort or team chemistry. Do these guys really like each other? I think that is a real question at this point. I remember prior to the KD trade they hung out a lot with each other and I believe a lot at Book's pad.

I doubt it and that is why they seem to be hired mercenaries rather than team members.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:

Return to Phoenix Suns