Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,996

Re: Isaiah Thomas returns to PHX 

Post#21 » by garrick » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:53 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
garrick wrote:

Alando Tucker was beasting in the G league but he couldn't cut in in the big league so I wouldn't expect much from Thomas. This truly is quite a bizarre signing for team in playoff contention.

Tucker is not even in the same realm a player Thomas is. Tucker played 50 odd games in the NBA doing nothing. IT was a 2x all-star and one time All-NBA second team selection. Maybe IT does nothing but these are two completely different calibre of player

The point is putting up big stats in the G league doesn't mean anything.

The level of competition is weak and even for an over the hill player it's still possible to put up big stats if they're used to volume scoring. Dwight Howard is putting up all star worthy stats in Taiwan but it doesn't mean he really has much left in the tank at the NBA level.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,830

Post#22 » by Saberestar » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:35 pm

Gambo
Isaiah Thomas is expected to be a available for the Suns for the 76ers game on Wednesday.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#23 » by Revived » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:30 pm

Finally some reinforcements to help with the putrid defense.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,160

Post#24 » by spanishninja » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:59 pm

garrick wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
garrick wrote:
Alando Tucker was beasting in the G league but he couldn't cut in in the big league so I wouldn't expect much from Thomas. This truly is quite a bizarre signing for team in playoff contention.

Tucker is not even in the same realm a player Thomas is. Tucker played 50 odd games in the NBA doing nothing. IT was a 2x all-star and one time All-NBA second team selection. Maybe IT does nothing but these are two completely different calibre of player

The point is putting up big stats in the G league doesn't mean anything.

The level of competition is weak and even for an over the hill player it's still possible to put up big stats if they're used to volume scoring. Dwight Howard is putting up all star worthy stats in Taiwan but it doesn't mean he really has much left in the tank at the NBA level.

I mean, in a league where defense is virtually non-existent, IT has as good of a shot now than before.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#25 » by sashaturiaf » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:01 pm

Let this nigg@ play

What we got to lose? He's the king of the 4th once upon a time
Last edited by bwgood77 on Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This is NOT an appropriate comment and this user has received an official warning
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,916

Post#26 » by Fo-Real » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:50 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:Let this nigg@ play

What we got to lose? He's the king of the 4th once upon a time

:dontknow: Just WHY?!?! :lol:
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,372

Post#27 » by mkot » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:17 am

Yo a guy who hasn't play significant min or role in the NBA in 6 years is exactly what this team need.
Thank you for your great work over the years, Matrix.
You're always a Sun in my heart. Ring of Honor awaits you.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#28 » by Saberestar » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:58 pm

Read on Twitter
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#29 » by Saberestar » Tue Apr 9, 2024 5:08 am

The Phoenix Suns are looking to sign veteran guard Isaiah Thomas for the remainder of the season, The Athletic reported.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#30 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Apr 9, 2024 6:15 am

NGL I'm surprised. When Vogel first made it clear he was signed for depth (ie in case of injury), I didn't expect him to get much minutes at all and that's exactly how it went. So for him to sign a 2nd 10-day and now for the rest of the season, either it's a continuation of the break glass in case of emergency type of situation or Vogel has had a change of heart based on having a longer period of time to evaluate him. But based on what Booker has said about him, he might just be a great locker room guy (history has proven this too) bringing that veteran savvy and we're also 7-3 since his signing so maybe he's bringing more to the table than we've seen from him on the court.

I'm an IT fan regardless so I'll always hope to see him get back on the court but if he doesn't....at least I'm setting realistic expectations now.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,729

Post#31 » by Qwigglez » Tue Apr 9, 2024 6:28 am

Ish Wainwright said IT, Booker, and Thaddues Young are vocal leaders, so that is good to hear that we kept IT around. I do hope he'll get a real chance if the Suns need it.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#32 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Apr 9, 2024 5:02 pm

Happy with this signing. ITs a very likeable guy and the embodiment of hard work and not giving up. Helps he has Suns pedigree and can still put up some points up quick in an emergency.

Will he play? Probably not, but we aren't getting anyone playable this late in the season anyway. Ishbia keeps on impressing

Return to Phoenix Suns