Game 68: Phoenix Suns (39-28) @ Milwaukee Bucks (43-24) | Sunday | 10:00AM

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,744

Re: Game 68: Phoenix Suns (39-28) @ Milwaukee Bucks (43-24) | Sunday | 10:00AM 

Post#121 » by Calvin Klein » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:39 pm

sasquatchBob wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:Your turn, my turn will never work, and that's what Suns are.

KD and Booker just dissapear when Beal is attacking. Same happens when it's one of the others. This is no proper offense.

I don't think offense is our problem.

You don't? I think it is a huge problem, specially in the 4th. Yes, defense is another huge problem. You can have more than one problem. The Suns have many.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#122 » by Revived » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:43 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This roster sucks ass and James Jones needs to be replaced by Bob Myers immediately. But Vogel is absolutely awful of a coach also. I don’t understand how people don’t see this. The players do not respect him at all, he doesn’t have this team prepared to play night in and night out.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,049

Post#123 » by sunsbg » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:54 pm

Hitachi77 wrote:So the Bucks had 2 full days off and stayed home. Our 3rd game in 4 days and an early game. Other than the KD thing, I am not worried about this loss. It was a scheduled loss basically.

Every game is a scheduled loss now. I mean we are old team and it's end of a long season. The league should give us 5 days off between games otherwise it's not fair.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,386

Post#124 » by sunskerr » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:01 pm

We're just not good. Not really interested in the season/team anymore. Capped out, old, and mediocre, with no picks to boot. No point watching. I didn't watch the game and the result was what I expected.
Fifii
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#125 » by Fifii » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:03 pm

sunsbg wrote:
Hitachi77 wrote:So the Bucks had 2 full days off and stayed home. Our 3rd game in 4 days and an early game. Other than the KD thing, I am not worried about this loss. It was a scheduled loss basically.

Every game is a scheduled loss now. I mean we are old team and it's end of a long season. The league should give us 5 days off between games otherwise it's not fair.

Nobody doesn’t forbidden won match’s against worse teams ( for example San Antonio Spurs )
sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,450

Post#126 » by sasquatchBob » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:14 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:
sasquatchBob wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:Your turn, my turn will never work, and that's what Suns are.

KD and Booker just dissapear when Beal is attacking. Same happens when it's one of the others. This is no proper offense.

I don't think offense is our problem.

You don't? I think it is a huge problem, specially in the 4th. Yes, defense is another huge problem. You can have more than one problem. The Suns have many.

Offense is not great, it's ok. Our defense is very far away from ok.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,201

Post#127 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:19 pm

Big 3: 16-11
Book/KD: 12-8
Book/Beal: 3-1
Beal/KD: 4-4
KD: 2-4
Book: 2-1
Beal: 0-0

Total: 39-29
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,201

Post#128 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:31 pm

I've watched less Suns games this season than I have in like 4 or 5 years, and performances like this are a big reason why. Your opponent is missing their best player and you lose by 11?

If we were a more consistent team, you could point to the Bucks 58.5% from 3 being a fluke, but I don't think this team has earned that benefit of the doubt.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Revived
RealGM

Post#129 » by Revived » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:08 pm

Just watched the Mavericks/Nuggets game. Kyrie is a baller man and would’ve cost the Suns far less than what it took to get KD. Literally was traded for just one 1st rd pick iirc.

But alas not a big enough “name” for Ishbia so sold the farm for KD instead.
Revived
RealGM

Post#130 » by Revived » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 pm

Again, the best course of action is to blow this team up in the summer. Suns would likely be lucky to get back even half of what they gave up to acquire KD. Maybe if Warriors want him back then we can get Kuminga for him.
Hitachi77
Senior
And1: 652

Post#131 » by Hitachi77 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 pm

Revived wrote:Just watched the Mavericks/Nuggets game. Kyrie is a baller man and would’ve cost the Suns far less than what it took to get KD. Literally was traded for just one 1st rd pick iirc.

Kyrie has single handily destroyed teams with his antics. Come on.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,893

Post#132 » by TeamTragic » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:29 pm

This **** team has STILL not figured out how to play the Bucks and Mavericks. After being destroyed by both teams multiple times with/without their star players.

That should tell you everything you need to know.
Hitachi77
Senior

Post#133 » by Hitachi77 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:30 pm

If we go small, it shouldn’t be the 3 that beats us (again, didn’t watch, just going by minutes), Inside scoring and offensive rebounds sure, but not the 3.

Definitely something going on there. Likely a mix of tiredness and effort for a number of reasons.

Still a small bit of hope. The next 2 games at home are incredibly important. One last chance to save the season.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,501

Post#134 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:32 pm

garrick wrote:We have no interior toughness nor bigs that are worth a damn.

How can a Bucks team missing Giannis be blowing the doors off a healthy Suns team? Our best PF is an undersized Royce O'neale who is like at best 6'5.

No worries! I have a number of physical, dominant, athletic 4/5s that are ABSOLUTELY easily in our draft range and even some options that we could easily add with a two way from the undrafted pool this summer too. That is IF.................Jones can actually get over his irrational aversion to drafting and developing talent and only targeting unathletic low-ceiling mediocre wings for every single position.

A relatively unknown name that I'll post more about though soon that I hope everyone would look into a bit more for our needs from the draft are:

1- Joel Soriano (St Johns)
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/joel-soriano-1.html

Joel Soriano plays like a mix of Andrew Bynum and Kurt Thomas (attitude/physical toughness/mean streak). He's just big, burly, strong, physical and tough. He loves to use his size at 6'11 and near 260 lbs or so to play bully ball and dominate down low as you'll notice in the video clips. He a ferocious offensive rebounder averaging around 15% OFR. He's a good shotblocker too and has an aggressive tenacious mentality. He can also hit the three and has a developing faceup game and is an adept underrated passer. He's like a more fluid, athletic version of Nurkic in many ways. Most importantly, he can play at EITHER the 4 or the 5 as needed due to his mobility, versatility and servicable shooting.

Ideally, We'd add him from the undrafted pool on a two way to backup Nurk OR even play him at the 4 and add/sign a versatile very skilled fluid big such as Ulriche Comche my personal top pick!!! with our 1st in a trade back scenario?? Then we'd have 2 big, strong, physical,versatile and dominant frontcourt of interchangable 4/5s that'd allow us to shore up both frontcourt positions but more importantly, with our backline defense and rim protection being stronger, Now our wings could extend further out to contest hard on closeouts to shutdown the 3 pt barrages of opposing teams.

two other names that everyone should really take a peak at are:
Amari Williams (Drexel) 6'10 265 lbs with a 7'5 wingspan.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/amari-williams-2.html
PER 40 21/13/ 3 blocks/ 1.5 steals.

When comparing these per 40 stats, Much like Timelord, they BOTH have similar measurements at around 6'10 240-260 lbs, athletic and with a 7'5 wingspan and great defensive timing and shotblocking instincts, etc. You'll also find his statistical production/ defensive impact very similar to Robert Williams (Timelord) best season for the Celtics in 21-22. Only difference is when you watch his clips, you'll also see intriguing offensive tools, ballhandling potential and isolation scoring ability and passing that can be further developed.

Amari Williams shotblocking

Brandon Huntley Hatfield (Louisville)
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/brandon-huntley-hatfield-1.html
https://nbadraftroom.com/p/brandon-huntley-hatfield/
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

He's a strong, physical 6'10 245lb (closer to now) 4 with a very versatile game that's actually quite similiar to Julius Randle in skillset versatility.

Now someone less physically dominant but more skilled at the 4, would require us to then add one of the big, long, quick, elite athltic rim protectors as a strong defensive compliment. Really any of Aziz Bandaogo (Cincinnati), Clif Omoruyi (Rutgers), or Ugonna Kingsley Oneyso (Kentucky) Would be a perfect elite rim protecting/ shotblocking compliment to any of Zonimir Ivisic, Drew Pember, Grant Nelson, Brandon Huntley Hatfield, Yaxel Lendeborg, Quinton Post, Robbie Avila, etc as ultra skilled big 4/5s. These combinations would absolutely give us the most dominant two way frontcourts with size that we've had since our Amare' days honestly! :D
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#135 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:28 pm

We just don't seem to have the confidence of a team that has 3 really frikken good players. Down 20, that's the norm these days in the NBA and it's no incredible feat to come back from that kind of deficit but it just doesn't feel like we have that confidence to know it's a deficit that is absolutely and regularly overcome by normal NBA teams.

It's just really odd especially when you look at our 4th quarter executions all season long. We have 3 really good players but we don't play like we have that and it's not because the 3 guys don't fit together, it's like they don't have a unified vision of how to play together. It's something that had to be figured out between Vogel, Young and the Big 3 by now and we still regularly don't know how to execute, don't know how to consistently not let teams go on crazy runs and we don't know how to consistently roar back from a big deficit. We have no team identity. We don't play the hardest, we don't defend the toughest, we don't steamroll teams with all out offense, we're not bombing away from 3's, we're not out pacing teams on offense, we're not a clutch team, we don't have a go-to play to generate offense against any defense, we don't seem to have a regular death line up. We're just....a team with 3 damn good players.

I'm likely very much in the minority here but I do actually have confidence in this roster. To me, we have all the elements of a high octane offense even if we left a lot to be desired defensively. But we're unable to tap into that high octane offense consistently for some reason. To me, the Vogel/Young duo just hasn't wow'ed me much this season, if at all. I can concede that coaches in the NBA aren't the ones committing lazy turnovers, aren't the ones losing in the 4th quarter and aren't the ones getting 25 threes dropped in their face but NBA coaches can absolutely elevate a team and Vogel/Young hasn't done that despite having this roster.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,160

Post#136 » by spanishninja » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:37 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This roster sucks ass and James Jones needs to be replaced by Bob Myers immediately. But Vogel is absolutely awful of a coach also. I don’t understand how people don’t see this. The players do not respect him at all, he doesn’t have this team prepared to play night in and night out.

I do wonder if that's why Bob Myers is on ESPN. putting his face out there and basically interviewing for this job once we can JJ. Of course, given the salary situation we are in now, I don't know how much even Myers can do to help.
Revived
RealGM

Post#137 » by Revived » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:24 am

Read on Twitter

Lazy switches. I’m glad this team is getting clowned appropriately by other teams.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,977

Post#138 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:27 am

Hitachi77 wrote:
Revived wrote:Just watched the Mavericks/Nuggets game. Kyrie is a baller man and would’ve cost the Suns far less than what it took to get KD. Literally was traded for just one 1st rd pick iirc.

Kyrie didn’t destroyed teams , the teams did it to themselves, I blame Marks and Tsai for Kyrie situation in Brooklyn more than I blame Kyrie tbh
Hitachi77
Senior

Post#139 » by Hitachi77 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:48 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Hitachi77 wrote:

Kyrie didn’t destroyed teams , the teams did it to themselves, I blame Marks and Tsai for Kyrie situation in Brooklyn more than I blame Kyrie tbh

You blame Marks and Tsai for him not getting vaccinated? And for him demanding a trade when the Nets were streaking, almost with the best record in the east?

Return to Phoenix Suns