ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,977

Re: Game 68: Phoenix Suns (39-28) @ Milwaukee Bucks (43-24) | Sunday | 10:00AM 

Post#141 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:57 am

Hitachi77 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Hitachi77 wrote:
Kyrie has single handily destroyed teams with his antics. Come on.

Kyrie didn’t destroyed teams , the teams did it to themselves, I blame Marks and Tsai for Kyrie situation in Brooklyn more than I blame Kyrie tbh

You blame Marks and Tsai for him not getting vaccinated? And for him demanding a trade when the Nets were streaking, almost with the best record in the east?

No I blame them mainly Tsai how he handled Kyrie situation after the he liked some movie with this ridiculous 6 point to do list for Kyrie , it was a low blow and unnecessary

I Blame Marks for allowing Kyrie to play away games after when originally he was banned to play any games

For your knowledge , it was Durant who demanded to be traded twice , not Kyrie

Kyrie only demanded trade after it was clear he won’t be extended on anything near max contract, by that time it was clear Kyrie was gone

Was Kyrie ideal Net ? When he played he was , off court he got issues , but Nets management handled this very poorly right from the start
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,834

Post#142 » by SkyBill40 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:14 am

And just like that, we went from 6th to 8th.

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,997

Post#143 » by garrick » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:03 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lazy switches. I’m glad this team is getting clowned appropriately by other teams.

Remember when we were actually good on defense?

Booker is back to playing dumb defense constantly leaving his man open in the corner and his help defense is just atrocious, Grayson tries hard on defense but he's too small and too slow to counter quick guards like Dame.

KD is a good help defender but is a step slow and doesn't run out to contest all the time.

Nurkic is slow constantly gets burned on switches.

We just don't have a starting unit that is capable of playing even average defense.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,501

Post#144 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:35 am

garrick wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lazy switches. I’m glad this team is getting clowned appropriately by other teams.

Remember when we were actually good on defense?

Booker is back to playing dumb defense constantly leaving his man open in the corner and his help defense is just atrocious, Grayson tries hard on defense but he's too small and too slow to counter quick guards like Dame.

KD is a good help defender but is a step slow and doesn't run out to contest all the time.

Nurkic is slow constantly gets burned on switches.

We just don't have a starting unit that is capable of playing even average defense.

Unfortunately, that's the most common result of constructing a team with only aging, injury prone talent and a supporting cast roster of basically no energetic youth or elite athletes in a league wherein the athletic competition is top tier!! We can't recover and close out on shooters due to our lack of overall footspeed and athleticism. And because we (our front office) deliberately ignored adding a legit rim protector with size and length, we're forced to have our perimeter defenders collapse inward to try and stop penetration (usually unsuccessfully) to the rim, which requires more energy output and leads to quicker exhaustion, lazy effort, diminished efficiency and lack of focus and urgency overall.

And then as we sag in too deep trying to compensate for our lack of size and athleticism, we ultimately have been leaving opposing offenses WIDE OPEN to the point of excess resulting in these teams having career shooting nights against us! And then we have to fight an uphill battle constantly playing from behind because we chose to ignore fundamental core issues that now keep snowballing as our weaknesses are openly targeted.

This finally results in the glaring apathy and disinterest to the point of us just giving up and standing around. All of these little issues our front office GM James " do nothing" Jones played off as inconsequential or unimportant enough to address, cumulatively add up to our postseason demise and another early offseason falling short of stated goals!

The biggest constant here is Jones habitual unwillingness or veiled inability to simply do his job even reasonably well and actually address our roster issues responsibly knowing full well the framework of the CBA that we had to woirk within. But once again, he did the absolute minimal possible to make our roster complete! And now we're again suffering from his aversion to doing his job diligently. :dontknow:
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,987

Post#145 » by grumpysaddle » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:58 am

We really should have moved on from Vogel earlier in the season. It was quite obvious how bad of a fit he is for this team about 30 games ago. I don't know who you replace him with, but there's gotta be at least a few coaches out there that could figure out how to best utilize the pieces on this team.

Obviously something needs to change, but Frank keeps going with the same thing over and over and expecting it to start working all of a sudden. When he does try to change things up, it's something like putting fricking Ish Wainright in. Or he plays Saben Lee a decent amount of minutes for a few games, then glues him to the bench for the next 10 games. Why did we pick up Thad Young if he's never going to see the court? Azubuike looked good a few games and hasn't played in probably 40 games straight. Eubanks continues to drop turds all over the court, but still gets minutes until Frank realizes way too late that it's not working.

The star players outside of Beal, lately, just look absolutely disinterested. This is a disconnect with coaching motivation. It's insane to me that the same mistakes have happened all season long and almost nothing has been done to counteract them. There IS a good to great team in here somewhere, it's definitely just being wasted, though.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,987

Post#146 » by grumpysaddle » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:03 am

Sometimes the offense is also FAR too unselfish to the point of making it easier for the defense. We should be shooting the FIRST open shot. I've seen way too many possessions where good shots are passed up for tougher shots. It's on everyone. Grayson should be shooting any time he has even a splinter of light between him and a defender. I know it's Durant's game and all, but i don't know how many times he passes up an easy shot just to make it tougher for himself a few dribbles/seconds later. Passing the ball around is great and all, but definitely a reason for a lot of the turnovers. Unnecessary passes are usually the ones getting yoinked. This is all things that proper coaching SHOULD address.

If Vogel is the Suns coach after this season (if we don't somehow miraculously find lightning in a bottle and get a chip), I'm not sure what to even say.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#147 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:26 am

lilfishi22 wrote:We just don't seem to have the confidence of a team that has 3 really frikken good players. Down 20, that's the norm these days in the NBA and it's no incredible feat to come back from that kind of deficit but it just doesn't feel like we have that confidence to know it's a deficit that is absolutely and regularly overcome by normal NBA teams.

It's just really odd especially when you look at our 4th quarter executions all season long. We have 3 really good players but we don't play like we have that and it's not because the 3 guys don't fit together, it's like they don't have a unified vision of how to play together. It's something that had to be figured out between Vogel, Young and the Big 3 by now and we still regularly don't know how to execute, don't know how to consistently not let teams go on crazy runs and we don't know how to consistently roar back from a big deficit. We have no team identity. We don't play the hardest, we don't defend the toughest, we don't steamroll teams with all out offense, we're not bombing away from 3's, we're not out pacing teams on offense, we're not a clutch team, we don't have a go-to play to generate offense against any defense, we don't seem to have a regular death line up. We're just....a team with 3 damn good players.

I'm likely very much in the minority here but I do actually have confidence in this roster. To me, we have all the elements of a high octane offense even if we left a lot to be desired defensively. But we're unable to tap into that high octane offense consistently for some reason. To me, the Vogel/Young duo just hasn't wow'ed me much this season, if at all. I can concede that coaches in the NBA aren't the ones committing lazy turnovers, aren't the ones losing in the 4th quarter and aren't the ones getting 25 threes dropped in their face but NBA coaches can absolutely elevate a team and Vogel/Young hasn't done that despite having this roster.

And ain't that the truth, weve got a nice roster, even at the start of the season but never been the sum of our parts.

That has to be largely on the coaching. Im a fan of Vogel but he is the wrong fit for this roster, he's all about smash mouth basketball and our big 3 are finesse players above all, so.....
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,381

Post#148 » by Puff » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:18 am

You guys are starting to see the light. I have been asking for Vogel's head since the beginning of the season.

He has been fired 3 times, this summer will be his 4th firing.

While not being a fan, Vogel has had little help from his boss, other than the willingness to spend money.

1. Why does a championship defensive coach like Vogel need to have an assistant head coach?
2. Who coaches what?
3. Who do the players go to for advice or to criticize the coaching or anything else?
4. When you bring back only Book, KD, Okogie (Injured), Damion Lee (Injured), Saben Lee Never Plays), Ish Wainright (just recently) how do you build team unity without a legit leader on the court?
5. Who is the leader on the court (Book ? KD ? Beal ?)

This is not new. The Lakers have tried this before and they are currently struggling like us with 2 great players on their roster. However, they have turned over their roster like we have. The really good teams have kept their core group together and not just for one off season. The Celtics have kept their group together but seem to be able to add one or two key pieces each off season to make them better. That is the way the Spurs in the day did it as well. Unfortunately, we will not have the resources to really make any real improvements without moving one or more of the big Three.

I am in love with the Arizona Cardinals. They are far more interesting and much better managed, under their current GM and Head Coach than the Phoenix Suns are. They are young and getting younger with a top 4 pick along with lots more top picks and free agent money to spend. I can see the Suns moving to the back of the bus again in this town. This did not have to happen. I blame it all on the current management. They are the ones that brought in these players and built this roster.

I expect Monty is happy they fired him. He got a boat load of money and could have a far better team to coach in a couple of years than any team residing in Arizona.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#149 » by Revived » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:44 pm

Read on Twitter
Iceman36
Sophomore
And1: 301

Post#150 » by Iceman36 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:32 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

That was flat out ridiculous!
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,024

Post#151 » by Son of Ra » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:03 pm

Iceman36 wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

That was flat out ridiculous!

You know it's bad when the commentator says "Lopez wide open of course" at the end of the second quarter already...

Return to Phoenix Suns