ImageImageImage

Game 69, Philly & Phx, Nice. Death lineup incoming, Wednesday, 7pm Phoenix time

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Hitachi77
Senior
And1: 652

Re: Game 69, Philly & Phx, Nice. Death lineup incoming, Wednesday, 7pm Phoenix time 

Post#61 » by Hitachi77 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:36 am

A ton of championship teams have had simply a role player PG, ie just a guy who shoots 3s and plays D for the most part. Think of Derek Fisher. Clutch 3s and pretty good D, that’s it. Lack of a PG is hardly an excuse for this many TOs.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Re: Game 69, Philly & Phx, Nice. Death lineup incoming, Wednesday, 7pm Phoenix time 

Post#62 » by Revived » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:45 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
Revived wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:23 turnovers is just unacceptable. I can't think of any other reason for it than the Suns players trying to get Vogel fired. Game after game after game, just turnover after turnover after turnover. No good coach would allow that to continue.

You can’t think of any other reason? Really? I can think of one…it’s called not having a point guard. An issue most predicted the Suns would have back in summer 2023.

Meh. A point guard doesn't negate all of the lazy passes from every other player.

Other players wouldn’t have the handle the ball as much if Suns had a PG.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#63 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:50 am

Hitachi77 wrote:A ton of championship teams have had simply a role player PG, ie just a guy who shoots 3s and plays D for the most part. Think of Derek Fisher. Clutch 3s and pretty good D, that’s it. Lack of a PG is hardly an excuse for this many TOs.

The difference being that these teams either had legendary offensive systems (e.g Phil Jackson's triangle) or they had legendary offensive players who is a system on their own (e.g Lebron). Essentially, yes you don't need a Point Guard PG if you either have a non-PG who can play a PG role or you just have a ridiculously dominant offensive system that doesn't require a high level PG.

KD is a legendary offensive player but he isn't a system. And I don't know what our offensive system really is
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,145

Post#64 » by RaisingArizona » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:10 am

Undefeated in the new wave IT era.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,056

Post#65 » by sunsbg » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:27 am

Beal with the ugly stat line. He better makes up for it against the Hawks.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,999

Post#66 » by garrick » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:58 am

Hitachi77 wrote:A ton of championship teams have had simply a role player PG, ie just a guy who shoots 3s and plays D for the most part. Think of Derek Fisher. Clutch 3s and pretty good D, that’s it. Lack of a PG is hardly an excuse for this many TOs.

I think that's more on Phil Jackson's triangle offense and with the Bulls they had some decent point guards fill that role like BJ Armstrong, Steve Kerr or Ron Harper, they did the same with the Lakers but then again that team had Kobe handling the ball quite a bit.

Another team without a star PG was the Heatles which ran Mario Chalmers but LBJ is pretty much a point guard negating the need for a star PG.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,188

Post#67 » by Frank Lee » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:56 am

bwgood77 wrote:Allen is probably responsible for like 4 wins.

Allen and Nurk have been the top two additions to this team…. Beal, a distant third with BolBol and Hoist ONeale looming

Too bad there wasnt a disgruntling over paid PF available for CP. Allen’s play makes BBeal redundant…. Says someone tired of a three guard line up.
What ? Me Worry ?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,486

Post#68 » by bwgood77 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:25 pm

Frank Lee wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Allen is probably responsible for like 4 wins.

Allen and Nurk have been the top two additions to this team…. Beal, a distant third with BolBol and Hoist ONeale looming

Too bad there wasnt a disgruntling over paid PF available for CP. Allen’s play makes BBeal redundant…. Says someone tired of a three guard line up.

I think Beal is great to have, if not only to cover for star injuries. Allen is more of a floor spreader. Beal will drive, is usually a really good passer, and a good team player and often a good defender.

Nurkic has been great in many respects (passing, rebounds, screens, etc) but the lack of defense and finishing are two things this team REALLY needs out of a C.....we need a defensive anchor in the worst way. I bet if we had Gobert we'd be in the the top 3 in the west...or at least 4.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,160

Post#69 » by spanishninja » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:27 pm

Revived wrote:
spanishninja wrote:ESPN is showing the...Grizzlies/Warriors game over ours. We're all in shambles

Thank god, I’m sure the Suns players themselves are tired of getting humiliated on national TV. I’m certain many fans are too.

For example, I fcking hate how they have the Suns on for Christmas games every year lately and always wet the damn bad on that day too. I try to avoid but whatever Christmas party I go to will always have the nba games on. NBA has put the Suns on the last 3 Christmas days and all 3 have been extremely humiliating losses. Had 1 win blowout win against the clippers in 09 then it was again demoralizing ass losses against the lakers and spurs on Christmas Day games…including that infamous Roger Mason 3 loss.

I pray to god they don’t have the Suns on Christmas again next year.

yes. I have been thinking lately that if we end up missing the playoffs, it would definitely be disappointing but at least we won't have to watch some potential snuff-film like playoffs featuring the suns.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,830

Post#70 » by Saberestar » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Phoenix Suns