Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Re: Game 70: Atlanta Hawks at Phoenix Suns l Thursday i March 21 i 7:30pm 

Post#41 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:00 am

SkyBill40 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:
Less about points and more about players getting time on the floor.

Bench is playing great. The guys producing are getting good minutes. Books only at 25min played exactly because RON and EG have been hot. Even Eubanks is having one of his good games

Not sure what you're after

I'm after getting some of the other guys, namely Young and Thomas, some run. Even Little wouldn't be bad. Vogel just has no desire to go more than four deep unless he absolutely must.

Until we're up like 30 in the 4th (even then it's sketchy), we're just not going to go that far down the bench.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,049

Post#42 » by sunsbg » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:01 am

Beal is trash. 3TOs and bad D in Q4.

Start of brutal schedule with 5 road games. It's wake up or go home stretch from now on. I can find positives in both outcomes.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,201

Post#43 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:01 am

Big 3: 18-11
Book/KD: 12-8
Book/Beal: 3-1
Beal/KD: 4-4
KD: 2-4
Book: 2-1
Beal: 0-0

Total: 41-29
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,982

Post#44 » by grumpysaddle » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:01 am

Book once again with 6 3s.
Sunlight
Bench Warmer
And1: 646

Post#45 » by Sunlight » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:07 am

Beal and the second unit won this game.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by sunsbg » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:41 am

Pelicans have a hard schedule like us and BI got injured. If Big 3 wakes up and Suns win both games vs NOP 6th seed is still not out of reach. Mavs 5th with an easy remaining schedule. Kings have tough games ahead too. 6th seed probably means MIN/OKC road to WCF though with the way we play not sure it's worth looking so far ahead.
Hitachi77
Senior
And1: 652

Post#47 » by Hitachi77 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 am

sunsbg wrote:Pelicans have a hard schedule like us and BI got injured. If Big 3 wakes up and Suns win both games vs NOP 6th seed is still not out of reach. Mavs 5th with an easy remaining schedule. Kings have tough games ahead too. 6th seed probably means MIN/OKC road to WCF though with the way we play not sure it's worth looking so far ahead.

6 seed is def what we want. Clippers are basically locked into 4, 3 games back and lose the tiebreaker to the Wolves. And the Wolves very likely will be 3. The Mavs having to play the Clippers in the first round would be awesome.

Agreed don’t want to look too far ahead, but I’d rather do that than talk about the offseason already. Not saying we’d beat the Wolves but I like the matchup.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by sunsbg » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:07 am

grumpysaddle wrote:Book once again with 6 3s.

7 3s is Booker's father as someone posted on reddit.

Weird a 3PT ASG champion doesn't have a better record.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#49 » by Bogyo » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:45 am

(not so) Hot take - Atlanta should trade Trae, especially if they could keep Murray at a reasonable price. But I doubt they will.

(not so) Hot take 2 - last two games we shot a good number of 3s, we won both. Go figure - or go and "middy" away our season. Whats left of it anyways.
* funny thing is I genuinely hate the "jack up 3s" strategy, as its awful to watch. But there is a fine line between being dead last in 3 point attempts in the NBA (which is where we are in our losses) and taking at least a bit more than league average (in our wins).
FFS is this really that hard to understand for our "superstars"? Hall of fame offensive players? Or they just wanna look good and don't really care about the rest...
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by sunsbg » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:07 am

Bogyo wrote:(not so) Hot take - Atlanta should trade Trae, especially if they could keep Murray at a reasonable price. But I doubt they will.

(not so) Hot take 2 - last two games we shot a good number of 3s, we won both. Go figure - or go and "middy" away our season. Whats left of it anyways.
* funny thing is I genuinely hate the "jack up 3s" strategy, as its awful to watch. But there is a fine line between being dead last in 3 point attempts in the NBA (which is where we are in our losses) and taking at least a bit more than league average (in our wins).
FFS is this really that hard to understand for our "superstars"? Hall of fame offensive players? Or they just wanna look good and don't really care about the rest...

Trae in place of Beal would make as a true contender having someone to take care of the ball. Beal's TOs in Q4 were really bad. Of course such trade is only possible in fantasy world.

Bolded part is almost true. It's a bit surprising which team is actually dead last - defending champion Denver Nuggets.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,830

Post#51 » by Saberestar » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:16 am

It was great to see that we can got hot for three too. We got a much needed win on a back-to-back.

Our entire bench and specially Eric Gordon helped us a lot on this one. It is looking more and more clear that Gordon/O'Neale/Bol/Eubanks will be our bench unit. Not sure if Okogie will be added to that rotation when healthy, probably Vogel uses him just for specific matchups.

Book FINALLY with a great game for three (6/8). He was struggling from there the last few games.

The Kings lost to the Wizards, so now we are in a great position to be 6th. I love the potential of a Wolves Vs Suns series and I think they would be a favorable matchup for us.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#52 » by Revived » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:37 am

Man the lack of a capable PG is so evident more and more as the season progresses. So many really bad turnovers against a bad Hawks team missing its best players in Young and Johnson.

And what the hell is up with KD post all star break? 5/15 in this one including 2/8 from 3 and 5 freaking turnovers with just 2 assists.

Read on Twitter

Body language wins or losses have been terrible.
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,365

Post#53 » by mkot » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:47 am

sunsbg wrote:Pelicans have a hard schedule like us and BI got injured. If Big 3 wakes up and Suns win both games vs NOP 6th seed is still not out of reach. Mavs 5th with an easy remaining schedule. Kings have tough games ahead too. 6th seed probably means MIN/OKC road to WCF though with the way we play not sure it's worth looking so far ahead.

I think the Pels are fine, they are still tough even without Ingram. They have the deepest bench in the league especially at the wing position, Trey Murphy been balling, CJ and Zion can scale up their scoring too. They can even dust off Jordan Hawkins the rook and let him bomb some 3s off the bench. Their bench is too deep to find this guy any minute.
Thank you for your great work over the years, Matrix.
You're always a Sun in my heart. Ring of Honor awaits you.
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,365

Post#54 » by mkot » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:54 am

sunsbg wrote:
Bogyo wrote:(not so) Hot take - Atlanta should trade Trae, especially if they could keep Murray at a reasonable price. But I doubt they will.

Trae in place of Beal would make as a true contender having someone to take care of the ball. Beal's TOs in Q4 were really bad. Of course such trade is only possible in fantasy world.

Bolded part is almost true. It's a bit surprising which team is actually dead last - defending champion Denver Nuggets.

Because they make too many 2s and that's enough.

Last night vs the Knicks they had like 64 points in the paint. The Knicks on average only allow 40ish points in the paint this season, good enough to rank top in the league in defending the rim and they just abused them, granted they were without Randle, Mitch and OG due to injury
Thank you for your great work over the years, Matrix.
You're always a Sun in my heart. Ring of Honor awaits you.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by sunsbg » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:03 pm

Revived wrote:Man the lack of a capable PG is so evident more and more as the season progresses. So many really bad turnovers against a bad Hawks team missing its best players in Young and Johnson.

And what the hell is up with KD post all star break? 5/15 in this one including 2/8 from 3 and 5 freaking turnovers with just 2 assists.

Read on Twitter

Imagine the reactions if it was Ayton.
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,962

Post#56 » by KLEON » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:21 pm

sunsbg wrote:
Revived wrote:Man the lack of a capable PG is so evident more and more as the season progresses. So many really bad turnovers against a bad Hawks team missing its best players in Young and Johnson.

Read on Twitter

Who?
grumpysaddle
RealGM

Post#57 » by grumpysaddle » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:15 pm

sunsbg wrote:

Read on Twitter

Who?
grumpysaddle
RealGM

Post#58 » by grumpysaddle » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:15 pm

KLEON wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

Read on Twitter

Who?

Lol didn't even see this before I posted. Thought I double posted.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#59 » by sunsbg » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:33 pm

grumpysaddle wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

Who?

The guy best known as Dominayton.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#60 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:38 pm

sunsbg wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

Who?

The guy best known as Dominayton.

Deandre couldn't dominate a bowl of cereal.

Return to Phoenix Suns