Game 72: Suns (42-29) @ Spurs (15-56) | March 25th

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Re: Game 72: Suns (42-29) @ Spurs (15-56) | March 25th 

Post#121 » by Jdiddy701 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:14 am

Calvin Klein wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:If I think what? That the Suns have the players to compete for a title? They do. There’s a reason why all of us are so pissed and why there were so many high expectations for this team..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They really don't though. Sure, they are talented, but they don't fit and lack intangibles, leadership and defense. Putting all the blame on the coaches is kind of unfair. Everybody's responsible but this started at the top with idiotic decisions.

Leadership is definitely huge. I think that’s what this team lacks the most. I admit that. I don’t think they need a roster overhaul, small tweaks sure but they should be so much better than what they’re showing.

garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,996

Post#122 » by garrick » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:20 am

Maybe the best thing for us is to not make the playoffs and get a better draft pick in the lottery.

Nurk, KD and Beal get a longer time to rest and avoid injury and JJ/Ishbia go all in on the pre draft process and see if they can get a steal late in the lottery.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#123 » by Mulhollanddrive » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:20 am

Booker, Durant, Beal are untradable under Ishbia.

We can only get minimums if any of Allen, O'Neale, Gordon, Bol leave (can't sign and trade above the 2nd apron) so our depth will likely be worse.

A new coach will have to do more with less.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,507

Post#124 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:23 am

Revived wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:
Revived wrote:Nah this apology ain’t enough. Check the game threads back from November/December. You, sabestar, along with few other folks definitely gotta draft something much better than this.

If you (or anyone else for that matter) have been watching basketball long enough, you should know the difference between a team that needs time to click and will work eventually vs a team that sucks early and will suck later too. An example of the former would be the Heatles team in Miami in LeBron’s first season there…they had some dumb losses including a loss to the tanking Sixers. But the way they actually played, it was obvious it was going to work and just needed time.

An example of the latter is the current Suns.

Nah, Suns have had a lot of injuries. Writing off a team that early didn’t make sense to me (still doesn’t). I just happened to be wrong and I admit that. I stand by saying this Suns team have enough to win it all, don’t want to put an excuse on players because they ultimately are what decide the games but it’s clear the Suns have zero identity and that’s on the coaches imo.

If you still think that then you still haven’t learned your lesson. And there will be another apology coming from you in April either this year or April of next year when the team fails again with another coach.

Some lack the basic understanding that our group of guys are a bad fit and no matter what coach you bring in won’t help the situation. At the end, we are poorly constructed with no picks to change our lineup significantly. Next year will be the same story. We definitely will play better due to chemistry but will struggle in the playoffs and be a first or second round exit team.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#125 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:00 am

Another frustrating L. Even if we had won, it would still have been a frustrating game. This is a team that we walloped 2 days ago and we dropped the ball big time against this Wembyless Spurs. This was a great opportunity to hold onto our spot on the standing and we just choked.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,202

Post#126 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:07 am

I miss my Valley Boys
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#127 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:18 am

MrMiyagi wrote:I miss my Valley Boys

KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,962

Post#128 » by KLEON » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am

Pathetic lost but at least the Kings and Mavs play each other twice this week but again pathetic lost
garrick
Head Coach

Post#129 » by garrick » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:27 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Booker, Durant, Beal are untradable under Ishbia.

We can only get minimums if any of Allen, O'Neale, Gordon, Bol leave (can't sign and trade above the 2nd apron) so our depth will likely be worse.

A new coach will have to do more with less.

That's why I made the post about us missing the playoffs.

Everyone made fun of the Mavs for tanking and missing the playoffs to keep the 10th pick but they got a solid contributor in Derek Lively and we desperately need someone like him on this team.

Unfortunately unlike the Mavs we don't have any 1st round picks to spare so we can't quickly flip some picks the way they did to get Gaffords. With the way we traded away Watanabe and KBD mid season I also think less vets will want to come here for a discount as there's no guarantees of playing time and playing on a team who has a "championship or bust" mentality is probably going to be very stressful on a team with no clear leader.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#130 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:33 am

We need to get rid of boneheaded players that don’t value possessions and commit silly turnovers. Why do you think guys like Oubre keeps getting moved even though he can score and now watch Poole get traded again. Suns need to get rid of Eubanks, possibly Nurkic. Yes, he can pass but a ton are bad passes that get intercepted and he can’t finish under the basket. Also, very unplayable in the 4th Q. Maybe even get rid of KD after next season, some pieces are there but we need to get rid of 3-4 guys and bring in a new coach and a few decent pgs.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,050

Post#131 » by sunsbg » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:36 am

While I predicted one loss in these two Spurs games losing the game Wemby doesn't play is unpredictable. This team can surprise you though. In a bad way that's it. I hope there are no more people looking at 4th seed. Get real.
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,359

Post#132 » by AtheJ415 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:42 am

This team doesn't deserve the fans that it has. Bunch of spoiled, unserious jackasses collecting a paycheck that is not dialed into any goal. They think they have won by just assembling talent. We are the most hateable team in my lifetime.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#133 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:47 am

AtheJ415 wrote:This team doesn't deserve the fans that it has. Bunch of spoiled, unserious jackasses collecting a paycheck that is not dialed into any goal. They think they have won by just assembling talent. We are the most hateable team in my lifetime.

This is the most unlikable team since I began watching Suns back in 01. ESPN talks so much about our team now given that we have three mega superstars yet true fans know there’s more to a team than stars. When we were actually contenders nobody talked about us now everyone assumes it’s a cakewalk to the finals. That’s why I’m glad when we lose to shut them up. I was super excited looking forward to next 5-7 years with Booker, CamJ, Mikal, Ayton and yet we got 2-3 nice years. If you’re going to change the team get rid of 2-3 players not ur most important pieces hurting the chances of being true contenders again. Let’s see what mysteries Matt Ishbia has up his sleeves during the offseason.
garrick
Head Coach

Post#134 » by garrick » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:02 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:This team doesn't deserve the fans that it has. Bunch of spoiled, unserious jackasses collecting a paycheck that is not dialed into any goal. They think they have won by just assembling talent. We are the most hateable team in my lifetime.

This is the most unlikable team since I began watching Suns back in 01. ESPN talks so much about our team now given that we have three mega superstars yet true fans know there’s more to a team than stars. When we were actually contenders nobody talked about us now everyone assumes it’s a cakewalk to the finals. That’s why I’m glad when we lose to shut them up. I was super excited looking forward to next 5-7 years with Booker, CamJ, Mikal, Ayton and yet we got 2-3 nice years. If you’re going to change the team get rid of 2-3 players not ur most important pieces hurting the chances of being true contenders again. Let’s see what mysteries Matt Ishbia has up his sleeves during the offseason.

Does Ishbia have his email address published? If so I would give him an earful about how he's ruined this franchise by him acting like James Dolan and making very foolish trades that have us locked into the KD ecosystem for the next half decade.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#135 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:25 am

garrick wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

Does Ishbia have his email address published? If so I would give him an earful about how he's ruined this franchise by him acting like James Dolan and making very foolish trades that have us locked into the KD ecosystem for the next half decade.

Garrick has some words for Ishbia.

https://youtu.be/g4ICXX1T4uA?si=QAOvHB11Tcpn8xDG
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,830

Post#136 » by Saberestar » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:30 am

Trap game. 2nd game on the road against the same team. We needed this one damn! ****.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#137 » by sunsbg » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:32 am

Booker, KD and Beal are here to stay for next season. Slim chance KD asks out if Suns miss the playoffs, but it's a bad look so he stays. After those three Suns need a PG badly. Either draft that Kolek guy who as senior should be somewhat ready or use Allen/Nurk in a trade for one. Biggest need all season was someone to run the offense and Beal is undependable. While Grayson and Nurk were big for this team I don't see other options to address this glaring weakness. I like Nurk but replacing him with a defensive big is also not a bad idea, especially in a two for one scenario. Then hope the min guys signed are not useless.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#138 » by sunsbg » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:35 am

Saberestar wrote:Trap game. 2nd game on the road against the same team. We needed this one damn! ****.

Nice excuse. It was a trap game for Mavs playing Jazz twice, yet they won both against a better team.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#139 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:38 am

Saberestar wrote:Trap game. 2nd game on the road against the same team. We needed this one damn! ****.

We still waiting for an apology like Jdiddy did earlier. It’s okay to admit you messed up and that this team isn’t that special. But to come back here after the game stating “ trap game” you can do better than that.

This was no trap game. We annihilated this same team few days ago with Wemby playing and now couldn’t take advantage of same team minus their star? This is the 3rd time we lost to the spurs this season and they haven’t to have worst record in the west. Was it a trap game too when Suns lost back to back games at home against the same team?

Just admit you are sorry so we can move forward most of us are frankly tired of seeing similar posts by you and Jdiddy regarding our team like we can turn it up a notch when in reality we cant ever since the beginning of the season.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#140 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:39 am

sunsbg wrote:

Nice excuse. It was a trap game for Mavs playing Jazz twice, yet they won both against a better team.

Thank you!!!

Return to Phoenix Suns