ImageImageImage

Game 76: Cleveland Cavaliers (46-30) @ Phoenix Suns (44-31) | Tuesday | 7:00PM

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,229

Re: Game 76: Cleveland Cavaliers (46-30) @ Phoenix Suns (44-31) | Tuesday | 7:00PM 

Post#81 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Apr 4, 2024 4:29 am

Big 3: 22-13
Book/KD: 12-8
Book/Beal: 3-1
Beal/KD: 4-4
KD: 2-4
Book: 2-1
Beal: 0-0

Total: 45-31
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,167

Re: Game 76: Cleveland Cavaliers (46-30) @ Phoenix Suns (44-31) | Tuesday | 7:00PM 

Post#82 » by starbosa10 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 4:32 am

Role guys hitting their threes makes such a difference
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,067

Post#83 » by sunsbg » Thu Apr 4, 2024 4:53 am

Pels dropped without BI as expected. In addition to Suns they also play Kings, Lakers and GSW. Kings with four road games against good teams before the Pels game. Hopefully Lakers lose at least 2/3 against CLE, MIN, GSW. A lot can happen in remaining six games. Let's hope Suns keep winning especially against direct 6th place competitors.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,787

Post#84 » by darealjuice » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:00 am

Big win against a solid team. I liked Royce's fit with the starters. 3rd quarter got a bit rough, but we bounced back well.

Tough schedule ahead of us, but we have some great opportunities for us to jump in the standings. Getting out of the play-in is important, although I wouldn't be excited about playing OKC in the first round with how they've played us.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,067

Post#85 » by sunsbg » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:07 am

darealjuice wrote:Big win against a solid team. I liked Royce's fit with the starters. 3rd quarter got a bit rough, but we bounced back well.

Tough schedule ahead of us, but we have some great opportunities for us to jump in the standings. Getting out of the play-in is important, although I wouldn't be excited about playing OKC in the first round with how they've played us.

Instead of moving Beal to bench which has been discussed but will never happen, maybe moving GA to bench for Royce makes sense. Grayson can still hit 3s in 6th man role, but both he and Nurk in starting lineup is a big detriment to our D.

I want to think Suns can change the way OKC play them.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#86 » by Jdiddy701 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:14 am

Grayson Allen has been amazing for us and deserves a fat payday and this may very well be an overreaction but I’d consider keeping Royce in the starting lineup. I’ve noticed teams beat up Grayson pretty bad on defense as of late. Royce is a bigger, stronger defender and having Grayson off the bench is a huge plus for us. I can’t see Vogel doing it though.

Huge win for the Suns. I’ll stick with what I have been saying.. just get in. There’s no one in the West that stands out imo. Everyone can beat everyone and I love that! One game at a time..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,660

Post#87 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:38 am

darealjuice wrote:Big win against a solid team. I liked Royce's fit with the starters. 3rd quarter got a bit rough, but we bounced back well.

Thought about it before but I like Royce with starters better for size and shooting while bringing Grayson off the bench. Pretty sure the plan was to bring Grayson off the bench but then we had injuries and then he started to ball out which cemented his position with the starters.

It's not fair to Grayson but he's just more versatile offensively and can do a bit more with confidence.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,747

Post#88 » by sunsbum » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:50 am

For all the Ishbia Beal gets around here he’s the only guy that’s changed his game for the team.
Flex is now your father.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,846

Post#89 » by Saberestar » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:52 am

This game was too easy, the team is clicking at the right time.

It was beautiful to watch Book and KD at their best. Beal is helping them doing the little things and taking a back seat as a scorer.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,660

Post#90 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:23 am

sunsbum wrote:For all the Ishbia Beal gets around here he’s the only guy that’s changed his game for the team.

To be fair so did Book but he's just so much better and we're so much better when he's a scorer first and foremost
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,384

Post#91 » by Puff » Thu Apr 4, 2024 9:04 am

sunsbum wrote:For all the Ishbia Beal gets around here he’s the only guy that’s changed his game for the team.

He has been really good recently but can be better.

I just wish he would shoot a little more. However, he has basically put book back to what he does best, score. Beal seems to be in doing it willingly. When Book is off the floor Beal needs to put on his scoring hat, IMO. The problem is that there is no one else that is good at keeping everyone involved. KD & Nurk try and they have some bright spots but the are a turnover waiting to happen.

Something need to be adjust in the 6 minutes Book is on the bench at the beginning of the 4th quarter. You would think that we would have a plan by now.

The good thing is that they are now watchable.

Beal becoming the new CP3 would be welcomed. Unfortunately, we have not seen that in the 4th quarter

Go Suns
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#92 » by Saberestar » Thu Apr 4, 2024 10:43 am

Read on Twitter
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,838

Post#93 » by Calvin Klein » Thu Apr 4, 2024 11:00 am

definitely taking on the Bosh role. Good for him though. Encouraging game.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,502

Post#94 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:12 pm

sunsbg wrote:Pels dropped without BI as expected. In addition to Suns they also play Kings, Lakers and GSW. Kings with four road games against good teams before the Pels game. Hopefully Lakers lose at least 2/3 against CLE, MIN, GSW. A lot can happen in remaining six games. Let's hope Suns keep winning especially against direct 6th place competitors.

Zion got injured last night too. I don't really know if I want to get up to the 5 seed though. Six would be fine with me....as long as we match up with Minnesota, or even Denver. We will have to see how the Kings do though. They have the easier schedule but we do have one more game with them, so if we beat them we should be good.

But we probably won't be able to shoot 3s like that again. Though Booker is hot. Royce probably can't do that again. But maybe Grayson will be back.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#95 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:15 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:

Thought about it before but I like Royce with starters better for size and shooting while bringing Grayson off the bench. Pretty sure the plan was to bring Grayson off the bench but then we had injuries and then he started to ball out which cemented his position with the starters.

It's not fair to Grayson but he's just more versatile offensively and can do a bit more with confidence.

Beal checks out early anyway, and when he checks back in KD sits, so Grayson could come in pretty quickly. MIght give us more consistent firepower when Book doesn't play in first half of second and we have Grayson in there instead of or in addition to Gordon and Beal. Though in that case I'd have Bol Bol and Eubanks for defense if Royce isn't still in there.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#96 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:18 pm

Puff wrote:

He has been really good recently but can be better.

I just wish he would shoot a little more. However, he has basically put book back to what he does best, score. Beal seems to be in doing it willingly. When Book is off the floor Beal needs to put on his scoring hat, IMO. The problem is that there is no one else that is good at keeping everyone involved. KD & Nurk try and they have some bright spots but the are a turnover waiting to happen.

Something need to be adjust in the 6 minutes Book is on the bench at the beginning of the 4th quarter. You would think that we would have a plan by now.

The good thing is that they are now watchable.

Beal becoming the new CP3 would be welcomed. Unfortunately, we have not seen that in the 4th quarter

Go Suns

I agree that I think Beal should shoot a little more. He always drives to the basket and whips it out to the 3 pt shooter on the left side. But often he passes up a 3 to get it to Eubanks or Nurk and I'd rather him shoot those. But I do like that he is focusing on passing and defense, penetrating. I know he can step up scoring when needed, and he's still adjusting to the role. He will never be prime CP3 though. But he is a great locker room guy, example setter, leader and probably the most vocal. I think Book can be vocal but sometimes I think it's negative...not always but sometimes.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#97 » by Saberestar » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:26 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
sunsbg wrote:Pels dropped without BI as expected. In addition to Suns they also play Kings, Lakers and GSW. Kings with four road games against good teams before the Pels game. Hopefully Lakers lose at least 2/3 against CLE, MIN, GSW. A lot can happen in remaining six games. Let's hope Suns keep winning especially against direct 6th place competitors.

Zion got injured last night too. I don't really know if I want to get up to the 5 seed though. Six would be fine with me....as long as we match up with Minnesota, or even Denver. We will have to see how the Kings do though. They have the easier schedule but we do have one more game with them, so if we beat them we should be good.

But we probably won't be able to shoot 3s like that again. Though Booker is hot. Royce probably can't do that again. But maybe Grayson will be back.

I think that Pelicans (without Ingram at least for another week) and Kings (Huerter and Monk out) are gonna lose enough games to not consider them a factor in our seed for the playoffs.

The Kings play tonight @ New York Knicks and tomorrow @ Boston...good luck with that.

And the Clippers play tonight against the Nuggets missing Khawi again.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#98 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:31 pm

Saberestar wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I think that Pelicans (without Ingram at least for another week) and Kings (Huerter and Monk out) are gonna lose enough games to not consider them a factor in our seed for the playoffs.

The Kings play tonight @ New York Knicks and tomorrow @ Boston...good luck with that.

Yeah, I think we likely get 6th now. I just posted in the other thread. Looks unlikely we catch Dallas...not that I really care to if we get 6th.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#99 » by Saberestar » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:42 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Yeah, I think we likely get 6th now. I just posted in the other thread. Looks unlikely we catch Dallas...not that I really care to if we get 6th.

Regarding Dallas...I have mixed feelings about them. On one hand I think they are one of the strongest opponents and probably the toughest matchup for us because of Doncic.

On the other hand I would love to watch another series against them with all the trash-talking and all the other stuff that comes with our recent rivalry.

I think they are gonna end 4th or 5th at worst...probably our first round matchup if we win both games to the Clippers.

Well, it's better to think game by game. We aren't in the playoffs yet, we need to stay locked in. For now just bring us the Wolves.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,211

Post#100 » by Frank Lee » Thu Apr 4, 2024 4:26 pm

Finish up business and we could end up being the team others want to avoid
What ? Me Worry ?

Return to Phoenix Suns