ImageImageImage

Game 78: New Orleans Pelicans (45-32) @ Phoenix Suns (46-31) l Sunday l 3:00pm l AZFamily

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who do you despise more

Alvarado
21%
Beverly
14%
Lebron
14%
Sarver
36%
Ishbia
14%

Total votes: 14

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,553

Re: Game 78: New Orleans Pelicans (45-32) @ Phoenix Suns (46-31) l Sunday l 3:00pm l AZFamily 

Post#181 » by Revived » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:00 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:It's another situation where we don't have better options elsewhere. I don't think Had brings enough quickness to recover when beaten off the dribble.

Eubanks doesn’t bring that quickness either, he’s routinely beat off dribble so I don’t understand your point?

He's quicker than Bol, Nurk and Thad at this point in his career. He's almost certainly quicker than Udoka

Is there another 5 on the roster I don't know about?

I think you’re saying he’s quicker than Thad based off Thad’s age. Eubanks “looks” lean and quick but he’s actually not. Even 40 year old Thad is about as quick or slightly quicker than him.

But difference is Thad brings a **** ton more intangibles to the table than Eubanks never can.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,383

Re: Game 78: New Orleans Pelicans (45-32) @ Phoenix Suns (46-31) l Sunday l 3:00pm l AZFamily 

Post#182 » by Puff » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:51 pm

I have no idea why "numb nuts" did not play Thad Young. What we needed from our big was someone that would just stay in front of Zion. When last seen Thad appeared to be extremely capable of doing just that. Most of you complain about Monty's adjustments or should I say lack there of. What adjustments has numb nuts ever made to turn the momentum for us in the 4th quarter of any game? Name them!!! He continues to play the same hand with the same results. Depressing.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,383

Post#183 » by Puff » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:06 pm

Is Kevin Durant the most over rated superstar in history?

He certainly has skills and scores a crap load of points from all kinds of angles and distances.

However, he has only won two championships and they were with an already successful loaded Golden State Team. That team won championships b4 and after KD.

He could not win in OKC with a loaded roster, he could not get it done in Brooklyn with a loaded roster and he is struggling in Phoenix. There is no reason that if he is as great as everyone suggests that this Phoenix Suns team should struggle to dominate teams in the 4th quarter. After all he has the great Devin Booker and Bradly Beal to help him.

His numbers impress me but his team's results are less than desirable when he has not played with the Golden State Warriors. He is no longer a Warrior and never has been a warrior except for his time in Golden State.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,224

Post#184 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Apr 8, 2024 10:28 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:Big 3: 23-14
Book/KD: 12-8
Book/Beal: 3-1
Beal/KD: 4-4
KD: 2-4
Book: 2-1
Beal: 0-0

Total: 46-32

We're not the Suns, we're the Dones.

I feel like you skip these when we're on win streaks Mayagi-San and it's updated faster when we lose.....

Nonetheless, I feel good about the Big 3 and surprisingly good about a potential Beal/Booker pairing next yr if KD asks out. Those 2 plus whatever assets we get will prove wonders for us if need be.

They're literally in every game thread. I just copy and paste the last one and edit 2 numbers.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Biff
Starter
And1: 1,221

Post#185 » by Biff » Mon Apr 8, 2024 10:32 pm

Puff wrote:Is Kevin Durant the most over rated superstar in history?

He certainly has skills and scores a crap load of points from all kinds of angles and distances.

However, he has only won two championships and they were with an already successful loaded Golden State Team. That team won championships b4 and after KD.

He could not win in OKC with a loaded roster, he could not get it done in Brooklyn with a loaded roster and he is struggling in Phoenix. There is no reason that if he is as great as everyone suggests that this Phoenix Suns team should struggle to dominate teams in the 4th quarter. After all he has the great Devin Booker and Bradly Beal to help him.

His numbers impress me but his team's results are less than desirable when he has not played with the Golden State Warriors. He is no longer a Warrior and never has been a warrior except for his time in Golden State.

I have always thought Durant was a little overrated. He is supremely talented but has no leadership and brings basically no intangibles. On a team like GS, where he doesn't have to be a leader and can just drop loads of buckets, he excelled. I think it's insane people considered him the best player on that Warriors squad. Team won 73 games without him. Charles is 100% right about him, he is and always has been a bus rider and needs someone else to take the reins so he can just focus on being "slim reaper".
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,194

Post#186 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 8, 2024 11:52 pm

Even by your lofty standards this is a bad take. Congratulations on out doing yourself. The ecplise has given your ability to have unthought out posts extra strength. Like the sun does Superman-only with dumbness.

You wanna crap on KD for being a weak minded and easily convinced star? Sure. You wanna say he took the spineless way out when he left OKC? Sure.

What you can't say is he's overrated. He won those 2 titles for the Dubs. Solo. Without him, either Bron has 2 more rings or CP3 and Harden have 1. The Dubs have 2 rings-max if Durant doesn't join them.

He was literally an inch or 2 away from beating the Bucks and he and Kyrie combined to devastate that team right up until KY went down next to Harden.

High level bad takes from the master of it. I'm almost in awe.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,502

Post#187 » by bwgood77 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 11:54 pm

I think he's a bit overrated as a "winner", but not as an individual player. Curry was the real winner on those GS teams. Opposing team said they primarily focused their D on stopping Curry. Green very important to that team too, though many probably would disagree and say he sucks as they do Bridges because he would suck as a #1 option...which obviously is not the role you want him to be in.

That being said, the list of true big moment winners is short. Many fail before they succeed. But I would put Kawhi, Curry, Jokic, even Lillard who took many of his teams far further than they had any business of going.

Some you could argue either way like LeBron..but I think you'd have to say he does..getting to the ECF so many times but his losses were mostly against great teams like those stacked Warriors or the TD/Kawhi/Manu Spurs.

Paul people will argue is a choker but he also took every team despite their level of talent or previous success much further than people expected. Even old, he took a team many thought was tanking in OKC to the 5 seed, then the Suns who had been a bottom dweller for years to the NBA championship and led them to win 64 games, etc. They usually just lost to better talent in the end (or in the Dallas case, because he got injured).
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,194

Post#188 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 8, 2024 11:56 pm

We overpaid for Durant.

BADLY.

That doesn't change the fact that he has fulfilled his part of the bargin this year. 1 of the better years he's played.....and he's a 1st ballot HOF.

The problem is our lack of depth. Along with suboptimal play by Booker and of course injuries.

Biggest problem was Ish giving away everything for Durant and not slow-playing the Nets slow-witted GM. If we held strong on the deal, Sean Marks would've caved. He's not strong or smart enough to play poker with a smart GM.

Ishbia was dumb.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,826

Post#189 » by Calvin Klein » Tue Apr 9, 2024 2:28 am

Slim Charless wrote:
What you can't say is he's overrated. He won those 2 titles for the Dubs. Solo. Without him, either Bron has 2 more rings or CP3 and Harden have 1. The Dubs have 2 rings-max if Durant doesn't join them.

He won those titles solo??

Return to Phoenix Suns