ImageImageImage

Game 80: Phoenix Suns (46-33) @ LA Clippers (51-28) | Wednesday | 7:30PM

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,826

Re: Game 80: Phoenix Suns (46-33) @ LA Clippers (51-28) | Wednesday | 7:30PM 

Post#141 » by Calvin Klein » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:37 pm

grumpysaddle wrote:Bol Bol in the doghouse? Why is he only just getting minutes now? Entire coaching staff needs to go for sure.

He is clueless on defense and rotations. There's a reason he can't stick on a roster.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,023

Post#142 » by garrick » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:28 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:I'm a big KD guy, and I know he's carried us beyond what should be expected this season but it really irks me how lackadaisical and detached he is out there.

He's got Russ who hes had history with in the past, and Harden who bailed on him in the BK experiment sitting on the bench watching the Suns with their 3 max guys get punked all game by their 3rd stringers yet he's playing like he's out there for a light jog and a stretch. Of course he turned it on for a few minutes at the end with predictable results but this easily could have been a loss that embarrassed him and condemned us to the playins.

I love KD but either this guys smoked too much weed or already reached nirvana in his Buddhist learnings, happy for him as a human he's found peace but I wouldn't want this guy to be our leader when we're trying to win a title. I've seen more passion from a Walmart cashier than KD on the court this season

It's looking like Book is just the wrong fit for him, he's just as stone faced on the court as KD and probably defers due to seniority. The body language around the team is horrible as would be expected when the 2 top guys are looking like tasered deer out there. Even jovial characters like Nurk and Beal are looking lobotomized lately and devoid of joy.

Yeah KD was a step slow on defense and failed to box out numerous times.

Now maybe it's due to the B2B he was fatigued and he is quite old in basketball years at 35 so maybe he just doesn't have the same stamina he used to which kind of goes back to the lack of a decent bench to give KD a breather.

I agree KD's demeanor out there is really terrible at times with him sitting away from teammates and putting head down and not communicating. KD being Book's hero growing up probably doesn't help since it doesn't look like either star wants to call out the other and hold each other accountable.

Vogel seems to be part of the problem too as I don't think he has the kind of clout that a coach like Pop or Spoelstra has where they can really lay into star players if they F up.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 14,007

Post#143 » by grumpysaddle » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:59 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:Bol Bol in the doghouse? Why is he only just getting minutes now? Entire coaching staff needs to go for sure.

He is clueless on defense and rotations. There's a reason he can't stick on a roster.

Yet Drew Eubanks has a way longer leash and he's awful on both ends of the court.

It's not every game, but I've found most games the Suns seem to go on runs when they put Bol in with the right combination of other players.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,023

Post#144 » by garrick » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:50 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:

Yet Drew Eubanks has a way longer leash and he's awful on both ends of the court.

It's not every game, but I've found most games the Suns seem to go on runs when they put Bol in with the right combination of other players.

Bol has better touch around the rim and is a better 3pt shooter but his defense is usually much worse than Eubanks and he's almost constantly out of position or doesn't always hustle back on defense. If Bol Bol isn't scoring he doesn't usually impact the defense in any way despite him being so long it doesn't help if he's not in a great position to contest shots or box out for a rebound.

Return to Phoenix Suns