ImageImageImage

Game 82: Phoenix Suns (48-33) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (56-25) | Sunday | 12:30PM

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,871

Game 82: Phoenix Suns (48-33) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (56-25) | Sunday | 12:30PM 

Post#1 » by Saberestar » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:55 pm

Last game of the Regular Season. Here we go!

Suns:
Damion Lee OUT.
Drew Eubanks (ankle) QUESTIONABLE.

Timberwolves:
Karl Anthony Towns QUESTIONABLE.
Anthony Edwards (illness) QUESTIONABLE.
Sunlight
Bench Warmer
And1: 658

Re: Game 82: Phoenix Suns (48-33) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (56-25) | Sunday | 12:30PM 

Post#3 » by Sunlight » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:27 pm

If Edwards doesn't play, it opens up a chance for Booker to score points and maybe a win for the Suns.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,802

Re: Game 82: Phoenix Suns (48-33) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (56-25) | Sunday | 12:30PM 

Post#4 » by Qwigglez » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:12 pm

Both Ant and KAT are listed as questionable. If I'm the Wolves I am unsure I want those guys to play as I wouldn't want to risk injuries especially when both the Nuggets and OKC have easy opponents today. OKC facing the Mavs without Luka, Kyrie, Gafford, PJ Washington, Lively, DJJ, Exum, Kleber. I have no clue who the Mavs even have on their roster after that :lol: And then the Nuggets face the Grizzlies.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,609

Post#5 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:32 pm

More gifts from the basketball gods! They'll be watching to see what we actually do with these blessings! This tam is incomplete and with real issues that MUST be addressed this offseason. We have incredible talent, But we have to decide to have urgency and grit! This is starting to feel like a bizzaro twilight zone version of our first season with Paul in which all/ most all of the teams that we had to face, had key players out or were just not at full strength! And that allowed us to basically run the table a bit and get all the way to the finals.

I guess my point is that IF we can only find our fight and "give a sh**" mentality, We can certainly make a decent run and maybe even push into the 2nd round with some luck! But we have to take advantage of these "gimmes" from the basketball gods to warrant recieving more good fortune. :pray: :lift:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,566

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:56 pm

Qwigglez wrote:Both Ant and KAT are listed as questionable. If I'm the Wolves I am unsure I want those guys to play as I wouldn't want to risk injuries especially when both the Nuggets and OKC have easy opponents today. OKC facing the Mavs without Luka, Kyrie, Gafford, PJ Washington, Lively, DJJ, Exum, Kleber. I have no clue who the Mavs even have on their roster after that :lol: And then the Nuggets face the Grizzlies.

If the TWolves win and EITHER of the other teams lose, they get the #1 seed. You never know after the Nuggets lost to the Spurs.

Edwards was/is ill and Towns already played a game but didn't play particularly well so I bet they'd rather play him one more game to help integrate him more after playing quite a few games without him. Edwards probably wants to play given they have a chance at the 1 seed, unless he is really really sick. I'd prefer they play just to see how we match up against them, and it would be a more exciting game...probably.

Dallas obviously likely doesn't win sitting all those guys. I guess they still have Josh Green, THJr and Dwight Powell. I think they only have 3 other players, two first round rookies and a 2nd year guy who was a 2nd round pick.

But Green, THJr and Powell have all been starters in the past..

I don't think they have a chance against OKC though.

I felt the Clips were one of the toughest if healthy in the playoffs, but the Mavs are certainly the hottest team in the league, winning 16 of their last 18, so that series will be a good one, and I imagine there will be quite a few Mavs picks.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by bwgood77 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:09 pm

Of course we also would need the Pelicans to lose, and Ingram is back.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#8 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:21 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Of course we also would need the Pelicans to lose, and Ingram is back.

Ingram might not be 100% therefore hurting his teams chances of beat LA. I hope if he shoots badly he continues to keep firing away.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#9 » by Qwigglez » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:27 pm

Time to put our feet up on the desk. Should be a breeze after hearing the incredible news!

Read on Twitter
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#10 » by Qwigglez » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:29 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:Both Ant and KAT are listed as questionable. If I'm the Wolves I am unsure I want those guys to play as I wouldn't want to risk injuries especially when both the Nuggets and OKC have easy opponents today. OKC facing the Mavs without Luka, Kyrie, Gafford, PJ Washington, Lively, DJJ, Exum, Kleber. I have no clue who the Mavs even have on their roster after that :lol: And then the Nuggets face the Grizzlies.

If the TWolves win and EITHER of the other teams lose, they get the #1 seed. You never know after the Nuggets lost to the Spurs.

Edwards was/is ill and Towns already played a game but didn't play particularly well so I bet they'd rather play him one more game to help integrate him more after playing quite a few games without him. Edwards probably wants to play given they have a chance at the 1 seed, unless he is really really sick. I'd prefer they play just to see how we match up against them, and it would be a more exciting game...probably.

Dallas obviously likely doesn't win sitting all those guys. I guess they still have Josh Green, THJr and Dwight Powell. I think they only have 3 other players, two first round rookies and a 2nd year guy who was a 2nd round pick.

I felt the Clips were one of the toughest if healthy in the playoffs, but the Mavs are certainly the hottest team in the league, winning 16 of their last 18, so that series will be a good one, and I imagine there will be quite a few Mavs picks.

Well, Spurs got Pop... and Wemby. Grizzlies got Scottie Pippen Jr and Goodnwin, :lol:
But you are correct that anything can happen, I'm assuming the Nuggets will try and shut the Grizzlies down early to rest their starters, but we will see.

I'd be very surprised if either Grizzlies or Mavs win today, but stranger things have happened.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,109

Post#11 » by Klomp » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:50 pm

Qwigglez wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Well, Spurs got Pop... and Wemby. Grizzlies got Scottie Pippen Jr and Goodnwin, :lol:
But you are correct that anything can happen, I'm assuming the Nuggets will try and shut the Grizzlies down early to rest their starters, but we will see.

I'd be very surprised if either Grizzlies or Mavs win today, but stranger things have happened.

Even if that happens, the result of today's game is still the difference between the No. 2 or No. 3 seed for Minnesota. Any advantage we can get on Denver, I think the team will go hard after it.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#12 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:09 pm

Qwigglez wrote:Time to put our feet up on the desk. Should be a breeze after hearing the incredible news!

Read on Twitter

Eubanks is soo sexy!
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,651

Post#13 » by Revived » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Ishbia likes to get involved and overrule James Jones on basketball decisions, he needs to do the same with Vogel regarding Eubanks and demand Bol and Thad Young get mins in the rotation instead.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,871

Post#14 » by Saberestar » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:17 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:More gifts from the basketball gods! They'll be watching to see what we actually do with these blessings! This tam is incomplete and with real issues that MUST be addressed this offseason. We have incredible talent, But we have to decide to have urgency and grit! This is starting to feel like a bizzaro twilight zone version of our first season with Paul in which all/ most all of the teams that we had to face, had key players out or were just not at full strength! And that allowed us to basically run the table a bit and get all the way to the finals.

I guess my point is that IF we can only find our fight and "give a sh**" mentality, We can certainly make a decent run and maybe even push into the 2nd round with some luck! But we have to take advantage of these "gimmes" from the basketball gods to warrant recieving more good fortune. :pray: :lift:

No gifts at all, Anthony Edwards and KAT are available for the Wolves.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,089

Post#15 » by sunsbg » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:18 pm

Vogel knows if Eubanks doesn't play all the blame will be put on him. Smart.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#16 » by Qwigglez » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:45 pm

Beal carrying that aggressiveness from last game to this one. Love to see it.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#17 » by Qwigglez » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:57 pm

We can be a good defensive team if we want to be. 9 turnovers for the Wolves so far in the 1st quarter. Good active hands by the Suns players.
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,857

Post#18 » by SkyBill40 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:57 pm

So we've come out aggressively and that's good. Tenacity and making shots are helping in a big way, but so are all the TO's they're forcing from MIN.

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#19 » by bwgood77 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:58 pm

Qwigglez wrote:We can be a good defensive team if we want to be. 9 turnovers for the Wolves so far in the 1st quarter. Good active hands by the Suns players.

Yeah, that's the difference. 9 turnovers from them (or good steals by us) and we have only turned it over once. Both teams shooting over 60%, but we've taken a lot more shots.
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,171

Post#20 » by starbosa10 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:59 pm

Great start! Hopefully they don't get complacent

Return to Phoenix Suns