ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 1: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota T-Wolves l Saturday l 12:30pm l ESPN

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who wiil have more turnovers?

Durant
78%
Edwards
22%

Total votes: 9

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,644

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 1: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota T-Wolves l Saturday l 12:30pm l ESPN 

Post#341 » by Revived » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:14 am

Read on Twitter

It’s interesting to see how Anthony Edwards is seen as “likable” because of him being goofy in interviews and stuff. People brush aside the fact that he was using homophobic slurs and calling random people “f***ts” when they weren’t even bothering him. Or him demanding and bribing his side chick to get an abortion after he got married to another girl a month before. And probably other stuff too that I’m not remembering.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,867

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 1: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota T-Wolves l Saturday l 12:30pm l ESPN 

Post#342 » by Saberestar » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:08 am

8 games so far and 8 homecourt wins.

Tomorrow is gonna be fun. If we can win we will go to Phoenix on the driver seat.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,905

Post#343 » by Calvin Klein » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:00 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

It’s interesting to see how Anthony Edwards is seen as “likable” because of him being goofy in interviews and stuff. People brush aside the fact that he was using homophobic slurs and calling random people “f***ts” when they weren’t even bothering him. Or him demanding and bribing his side chick to get an abortion after he got married to another girl a month before. And probably other stuff too that I’m not remembering.

it's a matter of time. He is on the way up now so people will celebrate him. As soon as something goes wrong, they will bring him down.

It's happening right now with Haliburton.
Calvin Klein
RealGM

Post#344 » by Calvin Klein » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:01 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Tomorrow is gonna be fun.

Winning, I could see. Fun, that's being way too optimistic. :P
Calvin Klein
RealGM

Post#345 » by Calvin Klein » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:09 pm

Qwigglez wrote:This was a humorous but accurate breakdown.

It is funny yes. But I'm sure if you put this guy on the coaching staff he would probably wet himself.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,239

Post#346 » by King4Day » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:06 pm

He's not wrong. Question is, is this a coaching issue or personnel issue? If it's personnel, this will be a busy offseason.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,300

Post#347 » by BlacJacMac » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:24 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
TeamTragic wrote:
Revived wrote:Ultimately the Suns would’ve been better off keeping Monty over hiring Vogel. That’s how bad Vogel truly is.

If Mike Budenholzer isn’t the Suns HC come May, then this team truly is f***ked.

I agree that both Monty and Vogel are trash in different ways.

I don't really want Bud. What are the other options?

Honestly, Our only available remaining options at this point are:

1- Sergio Scariola (Popovich of Europe- most winningest coach in Fiba history)/ hire defensive coach (assistant) maybe Joerger??
2- Hire Domas Isolo (European offensive genius for Paris team)/ hire dave Joerger (assistant- defense)??

3- Hire Dmitris Itudus or Erdem John?/ Hire D'Antoni- offensive consultant?

4- Hire Budenholzer/ hire assistant (offense oriented) maybe Domas Isolo??
5- Promote Fizdale (in house) / hire assistant from college (defense)??
https://www.si.com/nba/suns/phoenix-suns-candidates-replace-kevin-young
Kimani Young- Uconn.
Kenny Atkinson- GS Warriors.
Mike D'antoni (Pels offensive consultant).

*** Could this could all be part of a diabolical plan toward this summer???
It's been rumored before by some (myself and slim, and others)?? that perhaps the plan has always been to have a stopgap coach for this season with FULL INTENT towards signing Ty Lue this summer as his contract (not extendd) expires, and maybe also Bob Meyers (GS Warriors- former GM)??? I don't know for sure the validity of this rumor, but BOTH names could be available, also Tim Connelly (GM) former Nuggs GM who identified both Jokic and Murray in the draft, and as the current Wolves GM (not yet extended)helped the Wolves to a top record, and defensive dominance (although based on size, length, etc).

Connelly has 2 years left on his contract - but he has an out this offseason if he wants to leave,
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,585

Post#348 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:43 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
TeamTragic wrote:
I agree that both Monty and Vogel are trash in different ways.

I don't really want Bud. What are the other options?

Honestly, Our only available remaining options at this point are:

1- Sergio Scariola (Popovich of Europe- most winningest coach in Fiba history)/ hire defensive coach (assistant) maybe Joerger??
2- Hire Domas Isolo (European offensive genius for Paris team)/ hire dave Joerger (assistant- defense)??

3- Hire Dmitris Itudus or Erdem John?/ Hire D'Antoni- offensive consultant?

4- Hire Budenholzer/ hire assistant (offense oriented) maybe Domas Isolo??
5- Promote Fizdale (in house) / hire assistant from college (defense)??
https://www.si.com/nba/suns/phoenix-suns-candidates-replace-kevin-young
Kimani Young- Uconn.
Kenny Atkinson- GS Warriors.
Mike D'antoni (Pels offensive consultant).

*** Could this could all be part of a diabolical plan toward this summer???
It's been rumored before by some (myself and slim, and others)?? that perhaps the plan has always been to have a stopgap coach for this season with FULL INTENT towards signing Ty Lue this summer as his contract (not extendd) expires, and maybe also Bob Meyers (GS Warriors- former GM)??? I don't know for sure the validity of this rumor, but BOTH names could be available, also Tim Connelly (GM) former Nuggs GM who identified both Jokic and Murray in the draft, and as the current Wolves GM (not yet extended)helped the Wolves to a top record, and defensive dominance (although based on size, length, etc).

Connelly has 2 years left on his contract - but he has an out this offseason if he wants to leave,

Could we maybe interest you in a swap of a our very low usage (as in Jones basically does almost nothing in correlation to his actual job requirements but still talks a good game as a grifter puppet GM holdover from the "Saver" fiasco) somewhat functional bargain bin GM James Jones for Connelly if we throw in some very tasty nachos and a Bradley Beal bobblehead at no additional charge? I mean of course only if it becomes known that he'd (for whatever reason) opt out
and leave, although you guys have done a sensational job! and it would be shocking if he would consider it! And of course, no disrespect with the satirical offer. I'd be more than willing to make you a much more serious offer response, BUT................................. I'm just not sure there's anything truly serious about this franchise anymore. It's kind of like our front office is being run by the farrelly brothers or something unfortunately. :lol:
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,422

Post#349 » by dremill24 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:49 pm

Jones being a 'low usage GM' is quite funny on a few levels :lol:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,585

Post#350 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:00 pm

King4Day wrote:

He's not wrong. Question is, is this a coaching issue or personnel issue? If it's personnel, this will be a busy offseason.

One is more or less the causality of the other unfortunately man! What I mean in saying this is that we waited until most all other coaching candidats were off the board (inexperience and indecisiveness by our front office or just bad timing in the new ownership acquisition process)?? And then settled on Vogel for his defensive acumen, and recently established championship pedigree/ dealing with superstar egos like Lebron James, etc. BUT the primary selling point was that he'd transform Ayton defensively into a defensive anchor for our proposed offdensive juggernaut team similarly to what he did for Roy Hibbert, myles Turner, etc. But then shortly after committing to that path, our front office quickly turned heel and traded Ayton, and then compounded the mistake by only adding bottom tier garbage time offensive oriented players with absolutely no defensive ability/aptitude whatsoever!!! We did this when there were actually numerous reasonably decent defensive options still unsigned available.

So basically, we hired a defensive coach, and then gave him 3 offense oriented oft injured, aging mentally inconsistent superstars, and further compounded the issues by filling out the roster depth with low end bottom tier one way offensive garbage time players and told him to somehow miraculously tuurn them (for the first time in their careers) into lockdown defensive two way contributors that'll also drastically outplay their long established bottom tier value. Nothing here adds up to any legitimate pathway for success or sustainability! Honestly it reeks of very poor planning/lack of planning altogether, lack of sustainable vision, inexperience and overall impulsive ego driven decisions without any reflection on the glaring consequences. So basically,

Step 1
- Hire defensive coach to transform our franchise center.

Step 2
Promptly trade our franchise center (that we hired Vogel to work with defensively).

Step 3
Fill out our depth around our very injury prone, inconsistent and mentally/physically passive big three with the very cheapest low end scrub offensive players that barely play meaningful minutes. And none with any defensive ability whatsoever.

Step 4
Overpay Kevin Young because Booker likes him, but then direct no accountability to him as our offense glaringly sucks for the entire season despite having three ELITE OFFENSIVE SUPERSTARS!!! and a roster of offense oriented players.

Step 5
Further compound these horrific decisions by letting James Jones do what we he does best!! carelessly give away all of our assets in an reactionary attempt to correct the horrible hodgepodge,patchwork roster building decisions by Jones himself! So typical for him, he'd put together a horrible bench roster that's the exact opposite of the defensive coach we hired, then he happily gives away every last asset that we have (meaning he won't have to be responsible for actually scouting/ drafting anyone now) as fast as he can just to add a defensive player to the roster hindsight severely lacking. Again when there were numerous available defensive options that also had physical and athletic attributes. Many of which I even had lists for AND had previous experience with Vogel too.

Sure Vogel isn't a great coach, and he's got a soft affable demeanor from dealing with superstar egos etc. But he was always gonna be a "lame duck" coach (scapegoat) for our failures under these laughably poor decisions by our inept, impulsive front office. But these issues clearly speak to far more troubling and significant issues beyond the coaching inadequacies. This soft, finesse, mentally weak, goody goody culture/image as well as prioritizing coaches with the same mentality has made this franchise very soft and mentally weak/fragile. We lack the toughness, fire and grit to be truly competitive in physically demanding competition. For us to become the legit contenders that we're pretending to be, we need a full culture change from our soft mentally weak players, our soft spoken "player friendly" non confrontational coach to our do nothing, grifter GM that rather give away assets than be responsible from identifying value or developing talent.

The scariest part of all this could be if this is somehow diabolical intentional self sabotage by Ishbia so that he can validate bringing in his own front office (as planned all along)..................

New coach- Tom Izzo (Michigan).
New Gm- Isaiah Thomas (Detroit).
New full time Pres of basketball ops- James Jones.
Maybe trade KD (after a very disappointing outcome) to a desperate GS for Draymond Green/ fillers/picks??? endorsed by Thomas so he can try and reinvent the Pistons bad boy era culture?? Green and Wiggins might work, and you just know that Golden State is desperate enough to do that deal. I will say though that Tom Izzo is a no BS coach that demands hard work, physical play and accountability. So that's not too bad everything considered. :dontknow:
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,164

Post#351 » by spanishninja » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:06 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

lashing back against the status quo is very popular with Gen-Z. If you talk **** about people who came before you, you'll be popular with young fans.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,106

Post#352 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:14 pm

Revived wrote:
TeamTragic wrote:KD with 5 shots in the second half.

Meanwhile Booker jacking up bricks.

He was 5/5 on those shots too.

Ultimately that’s what happens when there is no offensive system and it’s just a free for all, streetball offense.

All due respect, but it wasn't just Booker's doing. Booker was 2-7 in the second half, but Royce O'Neale was 3-7 too. The Suns tried to go small in the second half. O'Neale and Gordon (0-3) both played more than Nurkic in the second half, despite the Suns actually outscoring the Wolves in Nurkic's second half minutes (the only positive half for any Suns player who logged minutes Saturday).
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Phoenix Suns