ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 1: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota T-Wolves l Saturday l 12:30pm l ESPN

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who wiil have more turnovers?

Durant
78%
Edwards
22%

Total votes: 9

Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,796

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 1: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota T-Wolves l Saturday l 12:30pm l ESPN 

Post#41 » by Qwigglez » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:01 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
King4Day wrote:
Revived wrote:I don’t expect the Suns to far in the playoffs and I’d have them losing if the series was against Denver, LAC or Dallas.

But losing the series to Minnesota would be a new low even for me. What a way for this “super duper” team to go out in.

That said, I don’t think we’ll lose this series. But it won’t be easy. They likely will win at least 2.

My prediction as of now for this series is

Game 1: suns lose
Game 2: suns win
Game 3: suns win
Game 4: suns win
Game 5: suns lose
Game 6: suns win

Minny is the team that severely overpaid to get Gobert and that led to the Suns being forced to overpay to get KD. One team will be bounced in round one and have big questions this offseason.

Would be hilarious if Minnesota gets fed up with Rudy/Conley and decides to trade them back to Utah.

Not funny at all, they could probably get Lauri for Gobert or something else (maybe Jaden McDaniels) and a ton of picks. The Jazz aren't going anywhere anytime soon, and they should try to capitalize on getting assets back. Lauri is a solid all-star player, but he isn't going to lead the Jazz to even a playoff berth, the Jazz need a lot more help IMO.

It would be fun to watch the TWolves with Ant, KAT, and Markkanen though.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,858

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 1: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota T-Wolves l Saturday l 12:30pm l ESPN 

Post#42 » by Saberestar » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Qwigglez wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
King4Day wrote:
Minny is the team that severely overpaid to get Gobert and that led to the Suns being forced to overpay to get KD. One team will be bounced in round one and have big questions this offseason.

Would be hilarious if Minnesota gets fed up with Rudy/Conley and decides to trade them back to Utah.

Not funny at all, they could probably get Lauri for Gobert or something else (maybe Jaden McDaniels) and a ton of picks. The Jazz aren't going anywhere anytime soon, and they should try to capitalize on getting assets back. Lauri is a solid all-star player, but he isn't going to lead the Jazz to even a playoff berth, the Jazz need a lot more help IMO.

It would be fun to watch the TWolves with Ant, KAT, and Markkanen though.

No way the Jazz trade Markannen for Gobert.

The Jazz are making Markannen their franchise player and he is not even in his prime yet. Five years younger and already a better player than Gobert.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,796

Post#43 » by Qwigglez » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:16 pm

Saberestar wrote:No way the Jazz trade Markannen for Gobert.

The Jazz are making Markannen their franchise player and he is not even in his prime yet. Five years younger and already a better player than Gobert.

Oh yeah it was mostly a joke... well about the trading of Gobert for Markknanen. I think he'd be better as the 2nd guy, but probably more of the third banana.

Gobert isn't that bad IMO either. He's been really durable throughout his entire career, and this past season averaged 14 points, 13 rebounds, with 2 blocks. Additionally he averaged about 5 FTA's per game. I know Gobert is 31, but his output on games shouldn't dramatically change in the next 3 years or so.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,858

Post#44 » by Saberestar » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:32 pm

Qwigglez wrote:
Saberestar wrote:No way the Jazz trade Markannen for Gobert.

Oh yeah it was mostly a joke... well about the trading of Gobert for Markknanen. I think he'd be better as the 2nd guy, but probably more of the third banana.

Gobert isn't that bad IMO either. He's been really durable throughout his entire career, and this past season averaged 14 points, 13 rebounds, with 2 blocks. Additionally he averaged about 5 FTA's per game. I know Gobert is 31, but his output on games shouldn't dramatically change in the next 3 years or so.

Ok, I didn't get that it was a joke lol.

Well, Gobert will be 32 in a couple months so he will lose most of his athletic ability and mobility and his lack of skills (passing, shooting, ball handling, perimeter defense, overall awareness, basketball IQ...) will not help him to extend successfully his career. Similar to Deandre Jordan IMO.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,518

Post#45 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:35 pm

Jazz fans would revolt if they traded Markkanen for Gobert. Gobert has led Minny to the #1 defense and a top seed. I know he's not their best player but maybe their most impactful.
Fifii
Sophomore
And1: 110

Post#46 » by Fifii » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:19 pm

King4Day wrote:The West is really wide open. I don't see any team beating Boston though. They have a cakewalk to the finals.

For us to have a crack against the Celtics, we need 4 games where our offense is on fire and we outgun them. Unlikely but if we get that far, there's a reason.

I don’t agree with you. Jayson every PO choked and Jaylen Brown dribble left hand so … but these are two pieces of good staff like Kristaps and Jrue so that would be difficult , but not realistic.

But in first I would be focus to make WCF , this is us minimum achievement on this PO
Fifii
Sophomore
And1: 110

Post#47 » by Fifii » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:20 pm

sunskerr wrote:zero expectations for this team so whatever happens is cool

I have one. WCF , if we fall down early I would be very disappointed
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#48 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:43 pm

Good series photo preview from Suns instragram...

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#49 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:47 pm

ESPN roundtable picks.

garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,043

Post#51 » by garrick » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:35 am

We've been pretty fortunate this season all things considered in that we don't see OKC, The Mavs or Clippers in the first round.

This team is so bipolar so I have zero expectations of them even making it to the WCF but because we won't face OKC, the Mavs or Clippers until the WCF we have a good shot of making it to the finals. As always health is the most important thing with this team as you never know when one of the starting players might just accidentally sprain their ankle or something in practice.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#52 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:15 pm

There just seems to be too many things that can go wrong over 7 games.

iso offense
4th quarters
bench
defense
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,524

Post#53 » by Stix » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:48 pm

Time is now to really find out if this team was "built for the playoffs".
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,676

Post#54 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:53 pm

I started a new job a while back and haven't had time to post or watch as many games. I was an optimist about this team but man are they a frustrating group. But with all that they are still in a pretty good spot right now all things considered. Maybe they got a run in them but I certainly wouldn't bet any hard earned cash on this team.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Iceman36
Sophomore
And1: 307

Post#56 » by Iceman36 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:50 pm

European friendly tipoff. Really looking forward to the game.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,074

Post#57 » by sunsbg » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:16 pm

Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,624

Post#58 » by Revived » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:19 pm

If Eubanks sucks again like he did in the last Wolves matchup, how long will the leash be before he plays Thad Young again instead? I think that will be important to watch in this.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,074

Post#59 » by sunsbg » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:24 pm

Revived wrote:If Eubanks sucks again like he did in the last Wolves matchup, how long will the leash be before he plays Thad Young again instead? I think that will be important to watch in this.

Just enjoy the game. Seems like we beat Wolves despite Eubanks sucking in the game.
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,856

Post#60 » by SkyBill40 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:28 pm

Game starts in two hours and already 60 posts. Where's this output on game threads?

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app

Return to Phoenix Suns