ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 1: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota T-Wolves l Saturday l 12:30pm l ESPN

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who wiil have more turnovers?

Durant
78%
Edwards
22%

Total votes: 9

Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,388

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 1: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota T-Wolves l Saturday l 12:30pm l ESPN 

Post#301 » by Puff » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:35 am

I actually was more interested in watching Scottie Scheffler today shooting a 63 today over Booker shooting up bricks.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,652

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 1: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota T-Wolves l Saturday l 12:30pm l ESPN 

Post#302 » by Revived » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:54 am

It’s crazy to watch other playoff games and see how much easier shots other teams are able to generate compared to the Suns. We have a decently ranked offense but it revolves so much around players having to take and make such high level difficulty of shots.

It’s night and day difference between other teams and the Suns.

If Kevin Young is truly the “offensive coordinator” like he was labeled and gets paid to be, he truly has to be an awful, awful coach when it comes to play design. It’s nothing but ISO’s for everyone.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,428

Post#303 » by dremill24 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:11 am

Qwigglez wrote:Ehh... just one game. :lol:

Not sure what happened with Booker, but we can't be having him playing emotionally. He didn't end the season focused like he did last season, and I'm unsure why he seems to be in some sort of slump. Hopefully this game is a wake-up call.

Book is just kinda out of his depth against these teams with big, athletic perimeter defenders. Depending on him to create offense on his own against teams like that is just weak roster building & game planning. He got loose in the November game when McDaniels was assigned to Durant but ever since then hes shot 3-12, 6-16, and 5-16 with McDaniels on him instead.
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,970

Post#304 » by KLEON » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:18 am

Just a heads up Vogel, the Wolves are horrible at defending the pick n roll, which we did for most of the 1st quarter especially with Nurk and somehow stop doing it for the rest of the game
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,127

Post#305 » by handsome salary » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:05 am

I have no faith in this team as constructed or coached. So many weaknesses, so many non leaders, so old. Whatever, life's too short to get worked up about players who will never give this organization a ring. Seen it 30 plus seasons now. At least Barkley, Nash, Amare, Marion, KJ and a bunch of others were entertaining.

They play like to today and I'm turning off early. Win and I"ll applaud while expecting the next loss.

Booker is not in my top 5 Sun of all time. Never felt much love for him at any time. He's either blank, cocky when up big or a deer in headlights when down in big games.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,911

Post#306 » by Calvin Klein » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:46 am

Puff wrote:Does anyone really think that it would have been horrible for Booker if we would have drafted Doncic, instead of Ayton?

Doncic always shows up in the playoffs.

As I remember Booker also struggled in the last Olympics but was chosen again.

Booker and bridges with doncic is a perfect fit!

But book would have to give up his face of the franchise status to the Slovenian guy and I don’t think he was up for that. Who knows…
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,231

Post#307 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:59 am

I'm glad I had plans today.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,871

Post#308 » by Saberestar » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:19 am

Well, tough loss but it's just 1-0. We were in the game in the third quarter but Anthony Edwards took over the game. Props to him but it's not over at all yet.

On Tuesday we need to start with a fresh mentality and attack Towns/Gobert/Naz in the P&R.

We will have a better offense avoiding ISO against their 3 wing defenders (McDaniels, Edwards, NAW), hopefully we can find a way to go all the time against their bigs after some ball movement and switchs.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#309 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:31 am

Saberestar wrote:Well, tough loss but it's just 1-0. We were in the game in the third quarter but Anthony Edwards took over the game. Props to him but it's not over at all yet.

On Tuesday we need to start with a fresh mentality and attack Towns/Gobert/Naz in the P&R.

We will have a better offense avoiding ISO against their 3 wing defenders (McDaniels, Edwards, NAW), hopefully we can find a way to go all the time against their bigs after some ball movement and switchs.

I seriously hope we get swept I have no idea how someone can be so optimistic all the time. It’s like you’ve never had a day of hardship in your entire life. I can’t stand this team I tried watching but I can’t enjoy the product that Ishbia put on the court. They seem so boring with their constant ISO plays. Hate Ayton all you like fellas but at least he can put the ball through the hoop unlike Nurkic.
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,038

Post#310 » by Son of Ra » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:31 am

Saberestar wrote:Well, tough loss but it's just 1-0. We were in the game in the third quarter but Anthony Edwards took over the game. Props to him but it's not over at all yet.

It's win or sweep. This team of follower, mental midget stars is done being down 2-0.
They're like a chicken without a head, sure they can run a bit and fast but it's aimless and shortlived. No brain to tell this bunch of legs and wings what to do.
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,038

Post#311 » by Son of Ra » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:00 am

Read on Twitter

Damn he didn't have to do Vogel like that, that's hilarious :lol:
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#312 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:05 am

Son of Ra wrote:
Read on Twitter

Damn he didn't have to do Vogel like that, that's hilarious :lol:

Vogel is getting fired and Suns are bringing in Mike Dantoni I heard.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,089

Post#313 » by sunsbg » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:44 am

Not sure which was worse - not being able to score while having invested 150M+ in three offensive players or getting destroyed by such big margin on the boards. Booker and Nurkic better show up asap or it will be a very short series.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,193

Post#314 » by RaisingArizona » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:02 am

It's 1 road game. Relax
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#315 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:03 am

RaisingArizona wrote:It's 1 road game. Relax

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
Fifii
Sophomore
And1: 110

Post#316 » by Fifii » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:00 pm

Ehhhh , the same story in another PO. I’m very pissed on what I saw. I know that you can’t win everything , you may lose but this is embarrassing. I hate do write this , but I have a 100 % right when I wrote that Gordon is a trash. Someone say he playing for vet minimum and okey , he is cheap and this is him only positive thing. Drew when I saw that he come from the bench and set moving screen I was helpless.

Vogel why ? Why I must watching this guys on the floor ? Where is Thad ? Where is Bol ?

Vogel is the worst coach of first six PO Team in the West. Maybe Kidd is even worst , but he has bench who playing better than everybody excepting.

BUT one different between last PO and this is form Booker. In last he was in TOP 3 players and now he played like his famous EG.

52-28 on rebounds , oh. They destroyed us on paint. We exchange lazy Ayton to Nurkic who can’t handle with Gobert.

Ant has 3 fouls in half of second quarter. And you know ? He finished with 4. Where is HC who says , guys attacking Ant and forced fouls on him. Vogel is weak and he isn’t control on his own team !!!!

One positive thing is KD performance. Grayson hasn’t open look because we ofc must playing iso & 3, but I must be honest. ISO KD on KAT who isn’t good defender was good , but Vogel can’t have any other ideas.

Can we win second match ? Yes , Can we win series ? Yes.

Everybody knowing that NAW is a very good player and Nazir. They are better bench and this is knowing before tip off, but we have better stars. I think Booker doesn’t play this same **** game again. Grayson makes only three shoots. We must playin more outside and even if we lose rebound , we must more boxing out their two towers.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,050

Post#317 » by garrick » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:09 pm

Sunlight wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:Trade Booker ASAP!!! It’ll only get worse from here on out. He doesn’t have a winning mentality nor can he carry a team. Trade him while he sorta still has value.

That's why you don't pay a mentally weak one way player a super max contract. And be in the same tough situation forever as the Bulls with Lavine. Impossible to succeed. How many times has Booker carried a team in the postseason like Jimmy Butler or Kawhi Leonard have. Booker is not a leader but an assistant player. CP3 knew how to use Booker in the right way, while guardian angel Bridges protected the mistakes on the defensive end and Ayton made room on the offensive end. Now that all three are gone, the talk of MVP is suddenly ended.

A small market team has to overpay to keep their players otherwise they'll go off to bigger markets.

That's why some players get these massive salaries that aren't deserving of it like Beal, Lavine, LaMelo. Those teams aren't big free agent draws so they tend to do everything they can to keep their star players.

I don't really have an issue with us giving Booker the supermax due to his loyalty but we didn't have to go all in and trade for a supermax Beal and a max in KD and leave the bench devoid of talent. If Beal and KD were in their prime you make that trade but not when their best years are already behind them.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,089

Post#318 » by sunsbg » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:33 pm

garrick wrote:
Sunlight wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:Trade Booker ASAP!!! It’ll only get worse from here on out. He doesn’t have a winning mentality nor can he carry a team. Trade him while he sorta still has value.

That's why you don't pay a mentally weak one way player a super max contract. And be in the same tough situation forever as the Bulls with Lavine. Impossible to succeed. How many times has Booker carried a team in the postseason like Jimmy Butler or Kawhi Leonard have. Booker is not a leader but an assistant player. CP3 knew how to use Booker in the right way, while guardian angel Bridges protected the mistakes on the defensive end and Ayton made room on the offensive end. Now that all three are gone, the talk of MVP is suddenly ended.

A small market team has to overpay to keep their players otherwise they'll go off to bigger markets.

That's why some players get these massive salaries that aren't deserving of it like Beal, Lavine, LaMelo. Those teams aren't big free agent draws so they tend to do everything they can to keep their star players.

I don't really have an issue with us giving Booker the supermax due to his loyalty but we didn't have to go all in and trade for a supermax Beal and a max in KD and leave the bench devoid of talent. If Beal and KD were in their prime you make that trade but not when their best years are already behind them.

Overpaying for players like Booker/Beal is a recipe for mediocrity then. The salary cap should give every team a chance to win a title, but overpaying for players prevents it.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,534

Post#319 » by Stix » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:54 pm

At least we didn't have to wait until the 4th for the meltdown this time. I was able to get in some extra yard work instead...

Read on Twitter
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,127

Post#320 » by handsome salary » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:14 pm

The Timberwolves outrebounded the #Suns 52-28 in Game 1...that's the 2nd-largest negative rebounding differential in PHX playoff history.

Booker led team again making history.

Return to Phoenix Suns