ImageImageImage

2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 6 - The Playoff Quest for a Title

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,597

Re: 2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 6 - The Playoff Quest for a Title 

Post#201 » by bwgood77 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:05 pm

Ryu wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:[instagram][/instagram]
KdoubleDees23 wrote:First 3 playoff games as a Phoenix Suns Center

Nurkic 7 ppg 8 rpg with absolute 0 defense !!!!

Ayton 22 ppg 12 rpg with a great defense!!!

Yep, even Ayton at 80% is better than this softie

:lol: These guys…

I still can’t believe there are Ayton fans. Actual dedicated fans :lol:

Yep, there are dedicated fans who actually remember who the most important players on the road to the Finals were just the couple of seasons ago.

Now, I hope you enjoy current boring, zero chemistry team lead by our non-existent supermax star who got spanked at home again.

We haven't won a single playoff game without Ayton for 14 years!
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,251

Post#202 » by Slim Charless » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
LV-Suns wrote:Would Chicago be interested in Grayson Allen for Lonzo Ball? I know he has been injured forever, but set to come back next year. He is the only PG that I can see be able to play next to personal we currently have.

Lonzo has played 7 games in the last 6 years. No thanks brah.

....and is making a ton of money.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,540

Post#203 » by Stix » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:05 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
LV-Suns wrote:Would Chicago be interested in Grayson Allen for Lonzo Ball? I know he has been injured forever, but set to come back next year. He is the only PG that I can see be able to play next to personal we currently have.

Lonzo has played 7 games in the last 6 years. No thanks brah.

....and is making a ton of money.

Him and Beal can be BFFs.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,403

Post#204 » by Puff » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:14 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Puff wrote:The real problem with this team is that it certainly is not a happy family or so it appears.

We had that in spades prior to KD. Beal's acquisition just added another nail in the coffin.

Yeah, they all are professionals and should be able to get along but they just don't or at least do not appear to get along.

We basically changed out the entire roster in the past off season with all the great minimum player we had sign with us then at the trade deadline we dumped I think 4 of those new players at the trade deadline for O'Neale who quite frankly I am not as impressed with as many, so be it.

I remember our previous head coaches acknowledging players as the would enter and leave games. I see none of that from our current head coach or even the assistant coaches. It really appears that they really do not like or want to associate with each other. I remember our previous teams actually liking each other and hanging out with each other. Book seems to be more worried about his new fooking shoe than the team. He should be the leader of this team. He appears to be just one of the BIG THREE. I just don't see any improvement happening until Vogel is replaced by someone that can unite this team. They just do not seem to care about the team or each other.

Lots of folks trashed Monty but they were far more enjoyable to watch and follow than this current group.

Of COURSE you find a way to bring up and defend Moronty. Hahahaha in the year he gets the worse record in the league and barely avoids the all-time losses record.

Honk, honk

You constantly come up with solutions out of you arse that you think will fix our problems, like replacing Monty with Quin Snyder. How is that working out for Atlanta?

Gobert thanks Utah for trading him away from your GREAT HEAD COACH. He could not win in Utah with both Gobert and Mitchell on the same roster. He has made Atlanta as bad as we are for now and in the future. Well, no team's future is as bleak as ours is.

If Presti is as good as you suggest, OKC is not trading for KD under any circumstances. Not only is he not that dumb, his fan base does not want or need KD.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#205 » by Slim Charless » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 pm

Puff wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Puff wrote:The real problem with this team is that it certainly is not a happy family or so it appears.

We had that in spades prior to KD. Beal's acquisition just added another nail in the coffin.

Yeah, they all are professionals and should be able to get along but they just don't or at least do not appear to get along.

We basically changed out the entire roster in the past off season with all the great minimum player we had sign with us then at the trade deadline we dumped I think 4 of those new players at the trade deadline for O'Neale who quite frankly I am not as impressed with as many, so be it.

I remember our previous head coaches acknowledging players as the would enter and leave games. I see none of that from our current head coach or even the assistant coaches. It really appears that they really do not like or want to associate with each other. I remember our previous teams actually liking each other and hanging out with each other. Book seems to be more worried about his new fooking shoe than the team. He should be the leader of this team. He appears to be just one of the BIG THREE. I just don't see any improvement happening until Vogel is replaced by someone that can unite this team. They just do not seem to care about the team or each other.

Lots of folks trashed Monty but they were far more enjoyable to watch and follow than this current group.

Of COURSE you find a way to bring up and defend Moronty. Hahahaha in the year he gets the worse record in the league and barely avoids the all-time losses record.

Honk, honk

You constantly come up with solutions out of you arse that you think will fix our problems, like replacing Monty with Quin Snyder. How is that working out for Atlanta?

Gobert thanks Utah for trading him away from your GREAT HEAD COACH. He could not win in Utah with both Gobert and Mitchell on the same roster. He has made Atlanta as bad as we are for now and in the future. Well, no team's future is as bleak as ours is.

If Presti is as good as you suggest, OKC is not trading for KD under any circumstances. Not only is he not that dumb, his fan base does not want or need KD.

Honk, honk.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,970

Post#206 » by TeamTragic » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:36 pm

Mods can we please ban these idiot DA stans?

I expect even more after the next game.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,704

Post#207 » by Revived » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Pretty crazy that even random girls off Twitter are smarter than James Jones and Matt Ishbia on building a team.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,315

Post#208 » by enigmatics » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:20 pm

TeamTragic wrote:Mods can we please ban these idiot DA stans?

I expect even more after the next game.

They've been waiting in bed all year long with a picture of him on their nightstands surrounded by a bunch of lotion soaked tissues waiting to be able to jump on here to somehow equivocate that still having NonParticipAyton would somehow change the course of this season.

They're a very imaginative bunch. I mean like that malcontent wouldn't have mentally checked out under all the chaos and dissaray this year. He did it when the Suns were an upper echelon team for crying out loud.

Oh and vs. The Mavs in a historic 7th game slaughter AND AGAIN the very next playoffs when he didn't even play in the elimination game vs. the Nugs because his wib hurt i.e. he had mental and vaginal cramps.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,970

Post#209 » by TeamTragic » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:33 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Pretty crazy that even random girls off Twitter are smarter than James Jones and Matt Ishbia on building a team.

Can we tweet this@Matt?
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,373

Post#210 » by AtheJ415 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:48 pm

The reality for this team is that we can win if we play a certain way. We have, from a personnel perspective, a massive advantage in terms of 3 point shooting ability.

Unfortunately, we routinely don't take enough, and our 2 stars lean into mid range jumpers, which, while they are historically good at them, hurts us over the course of the game relative to their ability to shoot 3s.

The offense has been a disaster. And it should absolutely be SUPER ELITE. If we lean into our 3 point shooting and show even a little focus and leadership we can contend. But this team is just immature babies who do what they want when they feel like it so it just isn't their thing.

We miss Mikal a whole hell of a lot on defense. I do wonder if we hired a better leader at coach and traded for a guy like McConnell if we could get there.

But KD refusing to be a leader most of his career and just basically being a stud performer has not worked out except when he joined the greatest team ever. I feel most of this falls on him from a player perspective, because his presence probably stifles others from doing it. The best player usually is the leader.
sunsfan1o1
Pro Prospect
And1: 765

Post#211 » by sunsfan1o1 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:08 pm

AS I said at the beginning of the season. Ant is officially better than Booker. And it’s not even close. Bookers not even a top 30 player in my opinion. I would trade him or Beal for Dejounte Murray
sunsfan1o1
Pro Prospect
And1: 765

Post#212 » by sunsfan1o1 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:28 pm

I’d rather trade Booker. I don’t thinks he’s any good actually. Dude has zero handles, plays no defense, low IQ, unathletic and complains too much.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,279

Post#213 » by Frank Lee » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:07 am

‘NonparticipAyton’….. :lol:

The hits just keep on comin
What ? Me Worry ?
Hitachi77
Senior
And1: 672

Post#214 » by Hitachi77 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:34 am

So what are the options coaching wise? We saw how much of a difference coaching made when going from Porter to Gentry. We joke about it but Mike D could actually work. He did well with Houston even before CP3 got there, so it’s not like he absolutely needs an elite PG. On defense he’s predictable but fixing our offense would be a great start. Gentry basically took Mike D’s system but on defense he added some creativity. So would love to have him back as well.

I have no idea if either of those two guys are interested in coaching again. I also don’t want an up and comer. We need someone established with experience, not a ton of options there.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,967

Post#215 » by Calvin Klein » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:27 am

Hitachi77 wrote:So what are the options coaching wise? We saw how much of a difference coaching made when going from Porter to Gentry. We joke about it but Mike D could actually work. He did well with Houston even before CP3 got there, so it’s not like he absolutely needs an elite PG. On defense he’s predictable but fixing our offense would be a great start. Gentry basically took Mike D’s system but on defense he added some creativity. So would love to have him back as well.

I have no idea if either of those two guys are interested in coaching again. I also don’t want an up and comer. We need someone established with experience, not a ton of options there.

Hitachi77
Senior
And1: 672

Post#216 » by Hitachi77 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:39 am

Calvin Klein wrote:
Hitachi77 wrote:So what are the options coaching wise? We saw how much of a difference coaching made when going from Porter to Gentry. We joke about it but Mike D could actually work. He did well with Houston even before CP3 got there, so it’s not like he absolutely needs an elite PG. On defense he’s predictable but fixing our offense would be a great start. Gentry basically took Mike D’s system but on defense he added some creativity. So would love to have him back as well.

Oh man. For the first time I would join in on the bitching.
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#217 » by Slim Charless » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:45 am

TeamTragic wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can we tweet this@Matt?

More importantly....who's the girl?

Hell, have her and Lindsey do a podcast and I'm down. As long as it's visual.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,704

Post#218 » by Revived » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:36 am

Read on Twitter

Hilarious stuff.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,064

Post#219 » by garrick » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:10 am

Good breakdown of just how hard the Wolves are making it for us.

We simply lack the size, quickness and length to get around the much bigger, quicker and stronger Wolves and the talent on this roster isn't enough unless we're going to trot out Roddy, Azubuike and Saben and expect these scrubs to perform at a high level in an elimination game.

Total roster build failure and it goes back to JJ preferring finesse players even since he got here which is fine but you need some physical players that can take over when the defense is putting the clamps on. You know it's bad when Gobert isn't a total liability outside of the paint which was one of his biggest criticisms with the Jazz.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,279

Post#220 » by Frank Lee » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:16 pm

AtheJ415 wrote:The reality for this team is that we can win if we play a certain way. We have, from a personnel perspective, a massive advantage in terms of 3 point shooting ability.

Unfortunately, we routinely don't take enough, and our 2 stars lean into mid range jumpers, which, while they are historically good at them, hurts us over the course of the game relative to their ability to shoot 3s.

The offense has been a disaster. And it should absolutely be SUPER ELITE. If we lean into our 3 point shooting and show even a little focus and leadership we can contend. But this team is just immature babies who do what they want when they feel like it so it just isn't their thing.

We miss Mikal a whole hell of a lot on defense. I do wonder if we hired a better leader at coach and traded for a guy like McConnell if we could get there.

But KD refusing to be a leader most of his career and just basically being a stud performer has not worked out except when he joined the greatest team ever. I feel most of this falls on him from a player perspective, because his presence probably stifles others from doing it. The best player usually is the leader.

Are KD and now Book coachable? Vogel is used to letting his lead horse run free (LA). Seems like he has done it here, never daring to outright bench his pooperstars for their often slack play. Again, Wishbea reaching for the shiny object in a coach with a ring. . I can see him, and i hope, becoming enamored with TyLue. D'Ant is my second choice if we dont blow it the F up.

This year isnt all on FV, but a fall guy is needed. If Jones is kept on, well then he is King of the Puppets and just public insulation for the MadMatter and his gang. Is it possible this year has turned out worse than the worst case expected. ****, we'd certainly have more to look forward to if we were in the Lottery.
What ? Me Worry ?

Return to Phoenix Suns