ImageImageImage

2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 6 - The Playoff Quest for a Title

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,736

Re: 2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 6 - The Playoff Quest for a Title 

Post#361 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:07 am

Read on Twitter
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,989

Post#362 » by TeamTragic » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:17 am

The media already circling the wagons with stupid bull.

What else is new right?
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,254

Post#363 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:27 am

TeamTragic wrote:The media already circling the wagons with stupid bull.

What else is new right?
Are you insinuating that Stephen A has personal motivation to say that Booker wants to be on the New York Knicks?
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,321

Post#364 » by enigmatics » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:38 am

What else is new right?

They're always rabidly foaming at the mouth for an opportunity like the one the Suns gave them.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#365 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:53 am

Read on Twitter
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#366 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:57 am

First 35 minutes is a full breakdown on Phoenixs' options going forward!!
by NBA FRONT OFFICEs' Keith Smith and Trevor Lane.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,946

Post#367 » by Saberestar » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:05 am

Qwigglez wrote:Not sure we can recover from this devasting blow.
Read on Twitter

I love it. I don't want to watch him as a Suns player anymore.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#368 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:06 am

What else is new right?

All of these trades are from this link:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10119058-offseason-trade-packages-for-phoenix-suns-after-round-1-sweep-vs-timberwolves

One of the dumbest trades on here by far is the KD to the heat article by Heavys' own Sean Deveny - KD to the Heat!
https://heavy.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/miami-heat-a-favorite-to-make-massive-trade-for-14-time-all-star-nba-execs/
Stating he believes that the heat themselves have the best odds of getting KD if he's traded with a package of Rozier/ Herro/Jovic and maybe 1-2 future firsts. First off Rozier is not even a positive asset currently, and Herro is good for sure, but even with Herro and Jovic and 1-2 future firsts the offer isn't really close in comparison to what other teams would offer for Durant!!! :crazy:

Another was Devin Booker to the Jazz for John Collins/ Collin Sexton/ CLE 25' 1st (late 20s)/ 26' 1st via Minne or CLE (another late 1st)/ LA 27' 1st/ 28' UTA 1st (Late 20's w/ Book)/ Minne 29' 1st (mid to late 1st w/ Ant/ Kat/Gobert). So really maybe 2 good 1sts , and 3 lousy late 1sts.

KD to the Spurs
Durant to the Spurs for Keldon Johnson/ Zach Collins/ ATL 25' 1st/ a 2027 first-round pick (via Atlanta), a 2029 first-round pick (SAS) and a 2030 first-round pick (via Dallas). This one is not good but not as bad as some out there only because the picks are pretty solid! Still, this is Kevin freakin Durant! And Keldon Johnson and Zach Collins are not centerpiece players. Any KD trade would have to start with Devin Vassell as the centerpiece obviously. But I do like the picks at least.

Not too terrible trades
Beal to Orlando!
Beal for Cole Anthony and Joe Ingles.
And I gotta say, even though the value return kind of sucks, I'm taking this all day everyday just to get off Beals' salary and "NO trade clause. I'd much rather do a Beal for Isaac/Ingles, BUT again, it is what it is IF we can actually get off of Beals' contract, that's a win!! That being said, Cole Anthony is currently entering Shamet territory at 12 million for the next 3-4 seasons, and Joe Ingles is washed for a player making 11 million, but is a Team option next season. So I'm not sure how that'd even work. I really think it'd have to instead be Isaac and Anthony for it to work.

Lastly,
Nurkic to Memphis
Nurkic for Brandon Clarke, Derrick Rose, a 2026 second-round pick (via Los Angeles) and a 2027 first-round pick. Getting a 1st and a 2nd for Nurkic is good by itself, But also getting Clarke included is a bonus. Rose is meh. But the value is in getting off of Nurkics' 18 million while also getting Clarke and a 27' 1st that should be solid, and a LAL 26' 2nd that should be in the early 30s. We'd really just need to add a good athletic rim protecting 5 in the draft to replace Nurkic. Maybe you'd follow up this trade with a KD/Eubanks to Atlanta for Murray/ Capela/ J Johnson/ picks? Perhaps Atlantas' 10th pick for our 22nd (swap) this draft to take Clingan (If he falls to #10, otherwise take Missi?
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,787

Post#369 » by sunsbum » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:11 am

What else is new right?

Brother, you want the suns to move to seattle...
I hate this team.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,279

Post#370 » by Slim Charless » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:23 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/magic_acquire_bradley_beal_from_suns_in_bold_trade_proposal/s1_17038_40300906
Magic acquire Bradley Beal in bold trade propsal
Originally posted on Hoops Wire | By Ashish Mathur | Last updated 4/29/24

One NBA writer proposed that the Orlando Magic acquire Bradley Beal from the Phoenix Suns.

Andy Bailey of Bleacher Report proposed the following trade idea between the Magic and Suns:

The Deal: Bradley Beal for Joe Ingles and Cole Anthony

The Suns got swept by the Minnesota Timberwolves in the first round of the 2024 playoffs. In his first season in Phoenix, Beal averaged 18.2 points, 4.4 rebounds and 5.0 assists while shooting 51.3% from the field, 43.0% from beyond the arc and 81.3% from the free-throw line.

A three-time All-Star, Beal has a no-trade clause in his contract. The Florida product will make $50.2 million next season and $53.7 million in 2025-26.

“But the 30-year-old is surely the player Phoenix would most like to unload,” Bailey wrote. “His lack of availability was a problem all season, and the length and size of his contract is a huge part of the team’s financial issues. To find a deal even remotely believable, a couple other dominoes would have to fall.

“First, the Orlando Magic would need to flame out of a first-round series in which they’ve been competitive with the Cleveland Cavaliers. And second, they’d need to strike out in free agency (where they’ll have $30-60 million in cap space). “Continuing their organic rebuild around Paolo Banchero and Franz Wagner is probably the more prudent approach, but the Magic could use an offensive boost (they were 22nd on that end this season). And if they can’t get it elsewhere, absorbing Beal’s deal with that cap space could be short-term fix (with potential long-term ramifications).”

Beal averaged 16.5 points, 2.8 rebounds and 4.5 assists in the Suns-Timberwolves series while shooting 44.1% from the field, 43.5% from 3 and 80.0% from the free-throw line. He struggled on defense trying to defend Minnesota star Anthony Edwards.

It will be fascinating to see what the Suns do this summer. They could fire head coach Frank Vogel.

To move Beal, Phoenix would need Beal to waive his no-trade clause.

Beal has career NBA averages of 21.9 points, 4.1 rebounds and 4.3 assists with the Washington Wizards and Suns.

Thought I'd post this trade article for Slim, since he did have a Beal to Florida (Orlando) suggestion!! :wink:

Yeah, they have a need for his theoretical skills as well. A guard who can create his own shot and get 28+ a game from the perimeter and can also dish when needed. It meshes well with the inside game of Paulo/JI/WCJ as well. They are also a fit for Booker if we go that route.

Depends if they can pull this series out or not.
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#371 » by Slim Charless » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:53 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:

What else is new right?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10119058-offseason-trade-packages-for-phoenix-suns-after-round-1-sweep-vs-timberwolves

One of the dumbest trades on here by far is the KD to the heat article by Heavys' own Sean Deveny - KD to the Heat!
https://heavy.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/miami-heat-a-favorite-to-make-massive-trade-for-14-time-all-star-nba-execs/
Stating he believes that the heat themselves have the best odds of getting KD if he's traded with a package of Rozier/ Herro/Jovic and maybe 1-2 future firsts. First off Rozier is not even a positive asset currently, and Herro is good for sure, but even with Herro and Jovic and 1-2 future firsts the offer isn't really close in comparison to what other teams would offer for Durant!!! :crazy:

Another was Devin Booker to the Jazz for John Collins/ Collin Sexton/ CLE 25' 1st (late 20s)/ 26' 1st via Minne or CLE (another late 1st)/ LA 27' 1st/ 28' UTA 1st (Late 20's w/ Book)/ Minne 29' 1st (mid to late 1st w/ Ant/ Kat/Gobert). So really maybe 2 good 1sts , and 3 lousy late 1sts.

KD to the Spurs
Durant to the Spurs for Keldon Johnson/ Zach Collins/ ATL 25' 1st/ a 2027 first-round pick (via Atlanta), a 2029 first-round pick (SAS) and a 2030 first-round pick (via Dallas). This one is not good but not as bad as some out there only because the picks are pretty solid! Still, this is Kevin freakin Durant! And Keldon Johnson and Zach Collins are not centerpiece players. Any KD trade would have to start with Devin Vassell as the centerpiece obviously. But I do like the picks at least.

Not too terrible trades
Beal to Orlando!
And I gotta say, even though the value return kind of sucks, I'm taking this all day everyday just to get off Beals' salary and "NO trade clause. I'd much rather do a Beal for Isaac/Ingles, BUT again, it is what it is IF we can actually get off of Beals' contract, that's a win!! That being said, Cole Anthony is currently entering Shamet territory at 12 million for the next 3-4 seasons, and Joe Ingles is washed for a player making 11 million, but is a Team option next season. So I'm not sure how that'd even work. I really think it'd have to instead be Isaac and Anthony for it to work.

Lastly,
Nurkic to Memphis
Nurkic for Brandon Clarke, Derrick Rose, a 2026 second-round pick (via Los Angeles) and a 2027 first-round pick. Getting a 1st and a 2nd for Nurkic is good by itself, But also getting Clarke included is a bonus. Rose is meh. But the value is in getting off of Nurkics' 18 million while also getting Clarke and a 27' 1st that should be solid, and a LAL 26' 2nd that should be in the early 30s. We'd really just need to add a good athletic rim protecting 5 in the draft to replace Nurkic. Maybe you'd follow up this trade with a KD/Eubanks to Atlanta for Murray/ Capela/ J Johnson/ picks? Perhaps Atlantas' 10th pick for our 22nd (swap) this draft to take Clingan (If he falls to #10, otherwise take Missi?

I've been thinking about that Hornet fans offer for Booker. That has potential. Maybe we do:

Booker/Nurk

Melo/Grant Williams/Marc Williams/3FRPs(2025+2027)/

That gives us a team of Melo/Beal/KD/Grant/Mark while shaving some money off so we can sign some dudes on top of getting another 3 firsts in years that we don't have any. Melo is a massive injury risk, so I'd probably try and get another PG this summer that is a legit backup. I didn't want a pick this year as this draft is subpar and we already will get our own pick as we have the best record of our swaps.

But I think that team fits, we'll still have scoring and the Williams Bros will happily handle all of the dirty work that Melo/KD/Beal don't like doing......
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,989

Post#372 » by TeamTragic » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:15 am

sunsbum wrote:

What else is new right?

Brother, you want the suns to move to seattle...

I guess being a fan since 93 does that to you.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,101

Post#373 » by garrick » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:09 am

Kevin Durant can extend his contract with the Phoenix Suns this offseason beginning on July 8th.

Durant can add one more season at just under $60 million for the 26-27 season when he will be 38. Durant will turn 36 at the start of training camp in September.

The decision made by Durant and the Suns on an extension will be monitored across the league as a signal of how both sides view the pairing long-term.

Durant, Devin Booker and Bradley Beal will combine to make approximately $150 million for the 24-25 season.

I really hope Ishbia doesn't dig in and extend KD to a massive extension this summer.

The last thing we need is to dig in further and be saddled with an albatross of a contract like Beal.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,101

Post#374 » by garrick » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:04 am

Most analysts think KD should be traded but knowing Ishbia he is going to keep getting bad advice from Thomas and dig in.

This isn't going to end well. :banghead:
JDJ26
Junior
And1: 504

Post#375 » by JDJ26 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:35 am

Durant is here to stay. As others have said, trading KD would be to admit failure and I don't think Matt's ego will allow a trade to happen.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Post#376 » by sunsbg » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:44 pm

Agreed, it'd be a bad look for both Durant and Ishbia to not give it another try. Of course, changes are required. Both '21 and '24 teams are examples(one in positive, the other in negative way) that balance is the key thing. The draft and a small trade(ideally Beal, but he's untradeable, so Nurk maybe) should be used to improve playmaking and defense.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#377 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:49 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

What else is new right?

KD to the Spurs

Not too terrible trades
Beal to Orlando!

Lastly,
Nurkic to Memphis

I've been thinking about that Hornet fans offer for Booker. That has potential. Maybe we do:

Booker/Nurk

That gives us a team of Melo/Beal/KD/Grant/Mark while shaving some money off so we can sign some dudes on top of getting another 3 firsts in years that we don't have any. Melo is a massive injury risk, so I'd probably try and get another PG this summer that is a legit backup. I didn't want a pick this year as this draft is subpar and we already will get our own pick as we have the best record of our swaps.

But I think that team fits, we'll still have scoring and the Williams Bros will happily handle all of the dirty work that Melo/KD/Beal don't like doing......

I really like Booker, Although I can honestly admit that even though he is an offensive star. He IS JUST NOT a 1A top tier "lead your franchise" to a championship level star. He's more of a Robin to a real batman 1A tier level franchise star. And taking that into consideration, makes this type of trade significantly more palatable. Now I'm not really sure about Melos' overall injury history as I haven't really followed the hornets or many other teams extensively. But all things considered, I'd probably do this trade for more flexibility and a more renewed timeline for us. :nod:
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,817

Post#378 » by BobbieL » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:07 pm

sunsbg wrote:Agreed, it'd be a bad look for both Durant and Ishbia to not give it another try. Of course, changes are required. Both '21 and '24 teams are examples(one in positive, the other in negative way) that balance is the key thing. The draft and a small trade(ideally Beal, but he's untradeable, so Nurk maybe) should be used to improve playmaking and defense.

My philosophy - do what you have to do to improve the team/. Not just for the next season but beyond. That was the problem with the Durant trade in the version it ended up being - it basically shut the damn window.

If they bring back the same players - so be it. But don't be afraid to look bad
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#379 » by Slim Charless » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:22 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:Image

KD to the Spurs

Not too terrible trades
Beal to Orlando!

Lastly,
Nurkic to Memphis

Booker/Nurk

I really like Booker, Although I can honestly admit that even though he is an offensive star. He IS JUST NOT a 1A top tier "lead your franchise" to a championship level star. He's more of a Robin to a real batman 1A tier level franchise star. And taking that into consideration, makes this type of trade significantly more palatable. Now I'm not really sure about Melos' overall injury history as I haven't really followed the hornets or many other teams extensively. But all things considered, I'd probably do this trade for more flexibility and a more renewed timeline for us. :nod:

I don't want to trade Booker.

But if we have to, then I think it's absolutely necessary we get a PG back for him. Beal isn't thing anywhere so we need to have someone who can play the lead guard and run the offense. That was our biggest issue.

2nd biggest issue was lack if defense and guys who can do the dirty work. We need guys who just put their heads down and do their jobs. We had guys like that but they're limited in ability and talent.

3rd biggest issue was no room for mobility with our lack of picks and our inability to sign anyone as a FA due to being so far over the cap. Which means we can't fix anything on the fly and further into the season.

Someone needs to go between Booker and KD I think. Coaching won't help this team and we're stuck with 3 guys who all play the same. To varying levels.
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#380 » by Slim Charless » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:23 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:Image

KD to the Spurs

Not too terrible trades
Beal to Orlando!

Lastly,
Nurkic to Memphis

Booker/Nurk

I don't want to trade Booker.

But if we have to, then I think it's absolutely necessary we get a PG back for him. Beal isn't going anywhere so we need to have someone who can play the lead guard and run the offense. That was our biggest issue.

2nd biggest issue was lack if defense and guys who can do the dirty work. We need guys who just put their heads down and do their jobs. We had guys like that but they're limited in ability and talent.

3rd biggest issue was no room for mobility with our lack of picks and our inability to sign anyone as a FA due to being so far over the cap. Which means we can't fix anything on the fly and further into the season.

Someone needs to go between Booker and KD I think. We're stuck with 3 guys who all play the same. To varying levels. Coaching will help but only as far as the players care.

Return to Phoenix Suns