ImageImageImage

2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 6 - The Playoff Quest for a Title

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

JDJ26
Junior
And1: 499

Re: 2023-24 Season Discussion and Speculation 6 - The Playoff Quest for a Title 

Post#41 » by JDJ26 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:21 am

Slim Charless wrote:
JDJ26 wrote:

Shhhhhh.....

Someone here has been saying that for months and has been shouted down every time. I don't wish for the same fate for you.

If KD is traded to OKC, its whatever.

I just don't want James Jones or Matt Ishbia negotiating the trade.

Hopefully if this trade happens, Matt hires a competent GM to bring back assets to the team.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,225

Post#42 » by Slim Charless » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:26 am

JDJ26 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
JDJ26 wrote:

Shhhhhh.....

Someone here has been saying that for months and has been shouted down every time. I don't wish for the same fate for you.

Hopefully if this trade happens, Matt hires a competent GM to bring back assets to the team.

Me and GoK can handle it. I'll handle the trades and GoK the draft. JJ isn't difficult to out do.

Ishbia:

If you're reading let us know. We'll do it for a fraction of the costs that you pay JJ.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,582

Post#43 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:29 am

JDJ26 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
JDJ26 wrote:

Shhhhhh.....

:nod: :clap:
JDJ26
Junior
And1: 499

Post#44 » by JDJ26 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:31 am

If KD requests to be traded to OKC, will Booker stay with the Suns or will he request to be traded as well?
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,582

Post#45 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:44 am

JDJ26 wrote:If KD requests to be traded to OKC, will Booker stay with the Suns or will he request to be traded as well?

The underlying concern that really hasn't been discussed in this context is that with KD and his mercenarial nature, AND with Booker clearly picking up behavioral traits/habits from KD since being here as if he's trying to emulate him would make this possibility a lot more likely than before. Especially if KD is mentoring him about prioritizing his legacy over loyalty to a team that perennially falls short of goals in the postseason. And then the situation becomes more of a grass being greener on the other side scenario wherein KD references leaving OKC (the team that drafted him) in order to secure his first title for his legacy. :dontknow:
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,035

Post#46 » by Son of Ra » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:08 am

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:Lol, have we entered the desperate phase?

I been here since December, homie.

Haha I know, same. I just think it's funny to watch a shoe commercial of a guy claiming KD was his idol (when he's wearing said guys signature shoe) and concluding that means his team will trade for the guy.
Why the hell would Presti do that? After everything this guy has been doing over the last few years you think he's dumb enough to trade assets for the soon corpse of KD?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,539

Post#47 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:28 am

Son of Ra wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:Lol, have we entered the desperate phase?

I been here since December, homie.

Haha I know, same. I just think it's funny to watch a shoe commercial of a guy claiming KD was his idol (when he's wearing said guys signature shoe) and concluding that means his team will trade for the guy.
Why the hell would Presti do that? After everything this guy has been doing over the last few years you think he's dumb enough to trade assets for the soon corpse of KD?

No, Presti is one of the better GMs. He won't make the same mistake we did even a year later. My biggest concern was KD's health...and he was healthy this year and we were still this bad.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,225

Post#48 » by Slim Charless » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:13 am

I just looked at Luka's stats for the season and now I'm sad. To think we could've had him and Booker (or whoever we traded Booker for) with his national league coach gives me big sads.

All of you who wanna say we have it bad with Ish.....at least he would've had the brains to draft Luka instead of DA.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,422

Post#49 » by dremill24 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:49 am

Would he, though?
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,642

Post#50 » by Revived » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:45 am

Read on Twitter

Funny that all of these guys are still in the league except for the best player from the pic aka Mr “i dont wanna be here”.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,231

Post#51 » by MrMiyagi » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:03 am

Slim Charless wrote:I just looked at Luka's stats for the season and now I'm sad. To think we could've had him and Booker (or whoever we traded Booker for) with his national league coach gives me big sads.

All of you who wanna say we have it bad with Ish.....at least he would've had the brains to draft Luka instead of DA.

I think seeing the **** show of Booker and KD is evidence that him and Luka probably wouldn't have worked.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Djedefre
Senior
And1: 662

Post#52 » by Djedefre » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:32 am

Never mind Ishbia's trading rampage or Jones' incompetence, these guys do not care. Fair enough. Time to say goodbye. Good riddance.
RedIndian
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,827

Post#53 » by RedIndian » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:36 am

This is such a difficult team to root for. Book used to be driven, and CP3 had a great influence on him. Now he seems to have taken on KD's apathetic attitude in life. Not sure what the future of this team is.

Vogel is a convenient scapegoat - he's a good coach, but never was the right voice for this team. He will likely be sacked, but I can't see that as some real game changing solution.

The first person I'd get rid of is James Jones. The only avenue to get better (without trading KD or Book) is to start nailing late draft picks, sign undrafted players and get a good player development program going. You don't do that, this roster will flame out in 18 months and you'll have no option BUT to trade Book.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,642

Post#54 » by Revived » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:42 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:I just looked at Luka's stats for the season and now I'm sad. To think we could've had him and Booker (or whoever we traded Booker for) with his national league coach gives me big sads.

I think seeing the **** show of Booker and KD is evidence that him and Luka probably wouldn't have worked.

Neither Booker nor KD have Luka’s playmaking or ball handling skills. So that’s a weird comparison to make.

If anything, Booker and CP3 working as well as it did should be sign that Booker/Luka would’ve worked.

Same with how well Luka/Kyrie is working in Dallas.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,239

Post#55 » by King4Day » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:47 pm

Barring a miracle, I will go back to the hope we can pull off a Booker trade to get back our firsts from the Nets.
I'm pretty done with this experiment. The worst of it is, this team has shown no indication that, 'just a bit more chemistry will get us on track next year'. This went from a 2-3 year window, to half a season.

This is my least favorite Suns team in history. The least fun I've had watching this team in 30 years, and far and away the most frustrated.
I long for the days of rooting for losses with the hope we can land a star someday. I wish Charlotte took Booker and we took Kaminsky as was originally mocked. Then this nightmare wouldn't be happening.

This summer we need to clean house. All of the coaching staff. James Jones as well. I'm completely over this.

The worst part for me is, I will still watch game 3 and be insanely frustrated because any glimmer of hope has me thinking there's still a chance....before they, once again, let me down in the most low IQ ways.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
King4Day
RealGM

Post#56 » by King4Day » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:49 pm

Since I don't expect us to trade Booker, the only chance to fix this is to use KD's value and find pieces that actually fit the team.
But I'm not sure who offers that.
Dejonte Murray? Doubt they do it.
Knicks probably offer a boat load of picks and Randle for KD but that won't turn us into title contenders.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#57 » by King4Day » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:50 pm

Revived wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:

Neither Booker nor KD have Luka’s playmaking or ball handling skills. So that’s a weird comparison to make.

If anything, Booker and CP3 working as well as it did should be sign that Booker/Luka would’ve worked.

Same with how well Luka/Kyrie is working in Dallas.

I don't think it's coincidence that Bookers least successful years were without a PG.
Getting Paul changed everything.
Losing Paul reverted him back (it seems at least)

Either we get a PG this summer or suffer the same fate as last season.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#58 » by King4Day » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:51 pm

For those thinking Beal won't waive his NTC, I think he understands the hell this team is in. Unless he doesn't care about a good basketball situation anymore and just wants to be happy in life, I think if the right situation came along, a team could bite and he'd waive it.
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,125

Post#59 » by handsome salary » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:57 pm

King4Day wrote:This is my least favorite Suns team in history. The least fun I've had watching this team in 30 years, and far and away the most frustrated.

Easily.
phnart
Junior
And1: 456

Post#60 » by phnart » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:02 pm

If the Suns make trades, I expect Booker to be the first to go. Something has soured him on being a Suns player. He’s also the highest value asset so getting him to the Eastern Conference seems likely.

Beal probably retires a Sun.

Durant is probably gone, too.

There is no joy with this team. Ishbia wants to have fun with this business and win. I’m sure he is as disgusted as the rest of us.
The moon is a ufo.

Return to Phoenix Suns