ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 2: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota Timberwolves (0-1) | Tuesday | 4:30 PM | TNT

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,037

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 2: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota Timberwolves (0-1) | Tuesday | 4:30 PM | TNT 

Post#521 » by Son of Ra » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:07 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:
Stix wrote:Full expecting us to get a win in Game 3 thinking that Minny may coast so they can lock this up in 5. Gentleman’s Sweep.

This offseason. I can see Jones getting the boot, and ishbia putting zeke in charge of basketball ops. Dark days ahead.

Don't you bring this evil upon us, I've gotta admit I've enjoyed your dedication to the Beal hate but this is crossing a line.

True. That comment is ban worthy.

But, sadly, he's probably right. I'd say it's slightly more likely to happen than not.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,591

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 2: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota Timberwolves (0-1) | Tuesday | 4:30 PM | TNT 

Post#522 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:03 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:Image

Booker after friending KD.

(At this point I'm just making catharsis with a few jokes. Don't take me seriously).

wtf is that? :o
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Post#523 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:06 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:Image

Booker after friending KD.

(At this point I'm just making catharsis with a few jokes. Don't take me seriously).

wtf is that? :o

Maybe it’s Booker and KD sucking on his brain ? IDK :lol: :lol: :lol:
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Post#524 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:11 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

It’s funny, Booker literally believes that since other teams lost on the road too, it’s perfectly fine to get blown tf out in back to back games on the road to start the playoffs. And of course, right after Booker said this, the Pacers beat the Bucks on the road and the Mavs beat the Clippers on the road.

It’s amazing how Booker really never takes accountability. There’s no “yeah I need to figure out what the hell im doing wrong, im playing like ass and need to play much better”.

He said the same BS about all road teams losing after game 1 too. Except he blamed refs and physicality then too.

He’s like the kid in elementary school that comes home and says “Oh I failed the math test but everyone else failed it too!!!”. And then your dad says “doesn’t matter what others did” and busts the belt out.

I guarantee Luka wasn’t sitting in the Mavs lockerroom going “Oh well even if we don’t win it’s okay since all other road teams lost too”. He didn’t use that as an excuse after the Mavs got spanked after game 1 (much like the Suns did) and they came back and took over game 2.

Y’all remember Booker’s “we’re chillin” comments when asked of how if he’s concerned how terrible the Suns looked towards the end of the reg season?

This isn’t Booker’s first time making these kind of comments either…in 2022 after the awful game 6, he basically was smiling and saying “oh yeah we’re fine, we have em right when we want em, game 7 is the two best words ever in sports so I’m super excited for that” and of course he proceeded to get son’d by Luka and have the worst playoff loss in NBA history.

Something Steve Nash would say after a tough playoff game. He would hold himself accountable even though most of times it wasn’t his fault. We just lack a leader on and off the court.

What this Suns team needs it’s a player only meeting, harsh words needs to be said to each other, but who’s gonna initiate this ???

I could easily see CP3 as as this man , it’s similar to the Nets situation, no matter how bad we performed we didn’t had a leader , not in KD not in Harden or Kyrie , typical cluster fock
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,387

Post#525 » by Puff » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:21 pm

After the final game of this series, that we lose, we should immediately whack both James Jones and Vogel.

The problem -

What coach and/or GM worth a crap would take either job?
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,550

Post#526 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:02 pm

Revived wrote:Watching the Mavs/Clippers game, it’s amazing how Kyrie dribbles the point past half court so quickly and gets the Mavs into their sets much faster than the Suns struggling to get the ball past halfcourt.

People can say what they want about Kyrie being crazy or whatever but he’s been perfectly fine in Dallas in a stable environments. Again, Suns could’ve had him for one measley 1st rd pick and kept Bridges/Johnson and all other picks to further improve the team like Dallas did (getting Gafford/Washington).

Hindsight is 20/20. I thought he might shape up but it's hard to know. But yes, they work very well together. I'm sure anyone would have rather just traded like a couple firsts and Crowder/filler to get him.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#527 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:04 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

It’s funny, Booker literally believes that since other teams lost on the road too, it’s perfectly fine to get blown tf out in back to back games on the road to start the playoffs. And of course, right after Booker said this, the Pacers beat the Bucks on the road and the Mavs beat the Clippers on the road.

It’s amazing how Booker really never takes accountability. There’s no “yeah I need to figure out what the hell im doing wrong, im playing like ass and need to play much better”.

He said the same BS about all road teams losing after game 1 too. Except he blamed refs and physicality then too.

He’s like the kid in elementary school that comes home and says “Oh I failed the math test but everyone else failed it too!!!”. And then your dad says “doesn’t matter what others did” and busts the belt out.

I guarantee Luka wasn’t sitting in the Mavs lockerroom going “Oh well even if we don’t win it’s okay since all other road teams lost too”. He didn’t use that as an excuse after the Mavs got spanked after game 1 (much like the Suns did) and they came back and took over game 2.

Y’all remember Booker’s “we’re chillin” comments when asked of how if he’s concerned how terrible the Suns looked towards the end of the reg season?

This isn’t Booker’s first time making these kind of comments either…in 2022 after the awful game 6, he basically was smiling and saying “oh yeah we’re fine, we have em right when we want em, game 7 is the two best words ever in sports so I’m super excited for that” and of course he proceeded to get son’d by Luka and have the worst playoff loss in NBA history.

What do you want him to say? "We are done..put a fork in us."

Didn't watch though.

But the truth is he knows about teams blowing 2-0 leads...very very well.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,906

Post#528 » by Calvin Klein » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:27 pm

Son of Ra wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:Don't you bring this evil upon us, I've gotta admit I've enjoyed your dedication to the Beal hate but this is crossing a line.

True. That comment is ban worthy.

But, sadly, he's probably right. I'd say it's slightly more likely to happen than not.

Only a matter of time. It’s already happened. He just needs to make it official.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,236

Post#529 » by Frank Lee » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:59 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

Frank Lee wrote:How long before the finger pointing begins? Are we going to get another ‘they wanted it more than us’ comment from a player?

All it took was 3 quarters :roll:
What ? Me Worry ?
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,534

Post#530 » by Stix » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:17 am

It was disappointing to only see Bol get garbage minutes when we need size out there. Perfect time to experiment a little with that was when KAT picked up 3 fouls in the 1st. But. NOOOOOOOooooOOOOOO. Gotta be all Vogel and play Eubanks.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,236

Post#531 » by Frank Lee » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:06 am

Wishbea needs to throw a big bag at ty lue
What ? Me Worry ?
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,600

Post#532 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:27 am

Frank Lee wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

Frank Lee wrote:How long before the finger pointing begins? Are we going to get another ‘they wanted it more than us’ comment from a player?

All it took was 3 quarters :roll:

Hey! It takes that long sometimes when you're "just chillin'"............LOL
:wink: IF Book isn't careful, he'll be chillin in the offseason by next weekend! (after the gentlemans' sweep by Minny of course) :-? But ask any of the suns players and they'll say that they're still figuring things out and just need a little more time!
Hitachi77
Senior
And1: 663

Post#533 » by Hitachi77 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:41 am

Annoying that we have to wait 2 full days again. I thought the game was tomorrow.

I’m way too optimistic / positive but I don’t think the series is completely over. Very good teams do go down 2-0 a lot. KD has actually beaten two elite Spurs teams after going down 2-0, so nothing new for him. None of our big 3 had it yesterday and it wasn’t like they were just locking us down. We missed bunny layups all game, just didn’t have it yest.

New series if we can win the next 2 and put the pressure on them.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,649

Post#534 » by Revived » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:58 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

What do you want him to say? "We are done..put a fork in us."

Didn't watch though.

But the truth is he knows about teams blowing 2-0 leads...very very well.

I want him to take accountability not discount the road game losses just because other team lost road games too.

Of course Miami won today in the toughest arena in Boston as well. Wonder what Book’s thoughts are on that.
Revived
RealGM

Post#535 » by Revived » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:59 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:Watching the Mavs/Clippers game, it’s amazing how Kyrie dribbles the point past half court so quickly and gets the Mavs into their sets much faster than the Suns struggling to get the ball past halfcourt.

People can say what they want about Kyrie being crazy or whatever but he’s been perfectly fine in Dallas in a stable environments. Again, Suns could’ve had him for one measley 1st rd pick and kept Bridges/Johnson and all other picks to further improve the team like Dallas did (getting Gafford/Washington).

Hindsight is 20/20. I thought he might shape up but it's hard to know. But yes, they work very well together. I'm sure anyone would have rather just traded like a couple firsts and Crowder/filler to get him.

It wouldn’t even have taken couple firsts, just one first and Crowder would’ve got it done. Kyrie is like 4 years younger than KD too.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#536 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:42 pm

Hitachi77 wrote:Annoying that we have to wait 2 full days again. I thought the game was tomorrow.

I’m way too optimistic / positive but I don’t think the series is completely over. Very good teams do go down 2-0 a lot. KD has actually beaten two elite Spurs teams after going down 2-0, so nothing new for him. None of our big 3 had it yesterday and it wasn’t like they were just locking us down. We missed bunny layups all game, just didn’t have it yest.

Yeah, you can't give up after 2 road losses, especially to a higher seed you have played well against. Even though the Suns are 0-14 when down 2-0 in a series, you have to keep fighting. Anything can happen. They just need to get hot. It's harder to do with this type of defense and winning 4 of 5 is a tall order, but they have to fight.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#537 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:44 pm

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

It wouldn’t even have taken couple firsts, just one first and Crowder would’ve got it done. Kyrie is like 4 years younger than KD too.

Why the heck would they have taken one first and Crowder over this:

The Brooklyn Nets have officially agreed to trade Kyrie Irving to the Dallas Mavericks, the team announced Monday. The Nets receive Spencer Dinwiddie, Dorian Finney-Smith and future Draft picks in the deal.

Brooklyn receives:

Spencer Dinwiddie
Dorian Finney-Smith
2027 second-round pick
2029 first-round pick (unprotected)
2029 second round-pick
Dallas receives:

Kyrie Irving
Markieff Morris

https://www.nba.com/news/nets-kyrie-irving-trade-dallas-mavericks

KD cost more because he had 4 years left on his contract, and Kyrie was expiring...it was a massive risk...but that's still a lot for an expiring player. They proved to us and Dallas they were not going to trade those guys unless they got a lot back.
Revived
RealGM

Post#538 » by Revived » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:42 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

The Brooklyn Nets have officially agreed to trade Kyrie Irving to the Dallas Mavericks, the team announced Monday. The Nets receive Spencer Dinwiddie, Dorian Finney-Smith and future Draft picks in the deal.

Brooklyn receives:

Spencer Dinwiddie
Dorian Finney-Smith
2027 second-round pick
2029 second round-pick
Dallas receives:

Kyrie Irving
Markieff Morris

KD cost more because he had 4 years left on his contract, and Kyrie was expiring...it was a massive risk...but that's still a lot for an expiring player. They proved to us and Dallas they were not going to trade those guys unless they got a lot back.

Did you…not read what’s in that message?

DFS value is about the same as Crowder (5 2nd rd picks)…and the Mavs gave up ONE first rd pick. And then sure Suns could’ve tossed in couple 2nd rd picks too as if they would really make a difference.

Woj or Shams had reported at the time that before making the trade, Dallas was given permission to reach out to Kyrie and his agents and they made sure that Kyrie would have interest in re-signing with Dallas.

Sure there’s risk but that’s every deal.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#539 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:21 pm

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:It wouldn’t even have taken couple firsts, just one first and Crowder would’ve got it done. Kyrie is like 4 years younger than KD too.

Brooklyn receives:

Spencer Dinwiddie
Dorian Finney-Smith
2027 second-round pick
2029 second round-pick
Dallas receives:

Kyrie Irving
Markieff Morris

Did you…not read what’s in that message?

DFS value is about the same as Crowder (5 2nd rd picks)…and the Mavs gave up ONE first rd pick. And then sure Suns could’ve tossed in couple 2nd rd picks too as if they would really make a difference.

Woj or Shams had reported at the time that before making the trade, Dallas was given permission to reach out to Kyrie and his agents and they made sure that Kyrie would have interest in re-signing with Dallas.

Sure there’s risk but that’s every deal.

I think DFS is better, but lets say they are the same, but Dinwiddie was very solid the year he was traded...he was averaging 17.7, 5.3 ast while shooting over 40% from 3 and had a 60% TS%.

Then the unprotected first and two seconds.

Anyway, yeah, they gave up 1 unprotected first, and a similar player to Crowder, but a solid PG (was much better than Payne) and the 2 2nds.

But at the time, Kyrie was viewed as a headcase. But I mean, looking back of course right now, knowing he would re-sign, keep his head on straight and not just take games off, and play really well, I would have much rather had him with Book, and kept our others first, Bridges, Cam, etc...I mean yes, I think that would have been much better.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,906

Post#540 » by Calvin Klein » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

Hitachi77 wrote:Annoying that we have to wait 2 full days again. I thought the game was tomorrow.

we're not a very good team though.

Return to Phoenix Suns