ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 2: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota Timberwolves (0-1) | Tuesday | 4:30 PM | TNT

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,906

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 2: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota Timberwolves (0-1) | Tuesday | 4:30 PM | TNT 

Post#461 » by Calvin Klein » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:49 am

Qwigglez wrote:
Revived wrote:I wonder if CP3, Ayton, Mikal and Cam are all watching these games together somewhere laughing going “But we were the problem huh?”

…I can just imagine this gif below on all their faces

Can't laugh too hard when they didn't even make it to the playoffs. :lol:

I do miss them though :(

I’m sure mikal, cam and cp3 all still wish they were playing in Phoenix. Probably not DA Though.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,649

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 2: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota Timberwolves (0-1) | Tuesday | 4:30 PM | TNT 

Post#462 » by Revived » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:50 am

Read on Twitter
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,600

Post#463 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:51 am

Puff wrote:
sunsbum wrote:One game closer to Kolek.

We will probably trade the pick.

(Jones and Ishbia strategizing on how we could trade our pick to add yet another shooting guard for yet more redundancy!!!!
Sunlight
Bench Warmer
And1: 658

Post#464 » by Sunlight » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:53 am

It was a wrong analysis from Ishbia to think that Booker was the reason why the last 3 years went quiet well.
Let's break up the team and bring in a few stars next to him, and continuity is guaranteed and success is even better.
The fact that Booker has a super max contract does not always mean that the player is worth it and the success of the team depends only on him.
If the rest of the team had been kept and Booker swapped for Edwards or SGA, the team would be better.
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,970

Post#465 » by KLEON » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:53 am

Can someone explain what happened? I left the game in the 2nd with the Suns up 3 and came back in the 4th with the Suns down 13 and also hearing that Grayson hurt his ankle again?
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,802

Post#466 » by Qwigglez » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:54 am

I don't think I mentioned it in the game thread, but I was trying to remember the last time Book got in a pissing match against another player and the Suns end up winning. It seems like every time there is some talking smack Suns never win those games. That would be a tactic I'd use if I was the opponent, get under Books' skin and he'll make bad decisions.
I really hope the Suns can find a way to get into a groove in Phoenix, win the two home games, and then go back to Minny with some momentum.

Read on Twitter
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,090

Post#467 » by SlovenianDragon » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:55 am

Stark wrote:As a supporter of this team, I think for the first time i will be saying this. Blow it up. There is only one goal and that's to win a championship. There is no way this team can improve with the assets and the personnel they have to win the title. We tried and rolled the dice and it blew in our face. It was a good run and we had our fun. It could've been way more fun but unfortunately we reached the end. Our biggest and only asset is our three star players who can be way more impactful in different organizations. Unfortunately we built a mess around them and the fit is not there. It's time to trade them before they lose more of their value. Try to get some young promising players if you can (J. WillIams, Cason Wallace, Mathurin, Trey Murphy III, Herb Jones, Amen Thompson, Tari Eason, M. Mcbride, Jaime Jaquez Jr.) you know the names. Get as much as draft picks you can get, target young studs in the draft (Reed Sheppard, Clingan) and this time, build a culture. Don't take the easy way out. Get rid of James Jones, The man who doesn't believe in scouting and the draft. Invest for the future and hope for the best.

Yup we have it the wall... theres really only two options...

Trade KD and try again...

or

Blow it up...

If the packages for KD arent good enough... Then you just have to blow it up... Ship every1 out...
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,553

Post#468 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:59 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
Booker to the Nets for our picks back and Cam Thomas.

How good is Cam Thomas? I know he scores a lot.

So if we did that we would have traded Booker, Bridges, CamJ, and Crowder for 36 year old KD and Cam Thomas.

Sound pretty ridiculous.

I’d rather keep Cam Thomas and the picks to be honest

Not sure I blame you.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#469 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:00 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:I wonder if CP3, Ayton, Mikal and Cam are all watching these games together somewhere laughing going “But we were the problem huh?”

…I can just imagine this gif below on all their faces

Haha...I was just looking for a gif of CP3 laughing.

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,592

Post#470 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:01 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
Stark wrote:As a supporter of this team, I think for the first time i will be saying this. Blow it up. There is only one goal and that's to win a championship. There is no way this team can improve with the assets and the personnel they have to win the title. We tried and rolled the dice and it blew in our face. It was a good run and we had our fun. It could've been way more fun but unfortunately we reached the end. Our biggest and only asset is our three star players who can be way more impactful in different organizations. Unfortunately we built a mess around them and the fit is not there. It's time to trade them before they lose more of their value. Try to get some young promising players if you can (J. WillIams, Cason Wallace, Mathurin, Trey Murphy III, Herb Jones, Amen Thompson, Tari Eason, M. Mcbride, Jaime Jaquez Jr.) you know the names. Get as much as draft picks you can get, target young studs in the draft (Reed Sheppard, Clingan) and this time, build a culture. Don't take the easy way out. Get rid of James Jones, The man who doesn't believe in scouting and the draft. Invest for the future and hope for the best.

Yup we have it the wall... theres really only two options...

Trade KD and try again...

or

Blow it up...

If the packages for KD arent good enough... Then you just have to blow it up... Ship every1 out...

Matt would never trade KD cause then he’d admit defeat after signing his prized possession last season. But he’ll look towards getting rid of JJ/Vogel preferably both. Maybe he will finally wise up and bring in a pg to make KD’s/Booker’s life a bit easier so they don’t have to run point and turn the ball over a million times. Baby steps I guess.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#471 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:02 am

Stark wrote:As a supporter of this team, I think for the first time i will be saying this. Blow it up. There is only one goal and that's to win a championship. There is no way this team can improve with the assets They no longer have!and the personnel they have to win the title. We tried and rolled the dice and it blew in our face. It was a good run and we had our fun. It could've been way more fun but unfortunately we reached the end. Our biggest and only asset is our three star players who can be way more impactful in different organizations. Unfortunately we built a mess around them and the fit is not there. It's time to trade them before they lose more of their value. Try to get some young promising players if you can (J. WillIams, Cason Wallace, Mathurin, Trey Murphy III, Herb Jones, Amen Thompson, Tari Eason, M. Mcbride, Jaime Jaquez Jr.) you know the names. Get as much as draft picks you can get, target young studs in the draft (Reed Sheppard, Clingan) and this time, build a culture. Don't take the easy way out. Get rid of James Jones, The man who doesn't believe in scouting and the draft. Invest for the future and hope for the best.

Fixed! :wink:
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Post#472 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:04 am

bwgood77 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

So if we did that we would have traded Booker, Bridges, CamJ, and Crowder for 36 year old KD and Cam Thomas.

Sound pretty ridiculous.

Not sure I blame you.

Nets is just at the point that Booker wouldn’t change a thing for us , I think picks and Thomas is just better aligned with the future 2-3 seasons from now

Second , I have this vibe that Booker isn’t as clear cut no1 option as I thought , he’s nice and got high scoring games , I just doubt he is the Batman on the championship team , rather 1B option
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,038

Post#473 » by Son of Ra » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:05 am

Welcome to the fold my son. There's plenty of room on the blow it up train.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,387

Post#474 » by Puff » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:06 am

Quite a pick up and quite and extension. Our future is so bright. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
O'Neale Zero point on Zero shot attempts
Allen 1 out of 2 - 3 points.

So much for the great point Book or is it point Beal or is it point KD. Please tell someone to pass the ball and to not turn it over "Numb Nuts". You are reportedly the head coach. What a frigging joke.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,592

Post#475 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:10 am

Pacers finally popped that cherry. The first road team of the playoffs to get a victory.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#476 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:12 am

Son of Ra wrote:

Welcome to the fold my son. There's plenty of room on the blow it up train.

Frank Vogel in the locker room right now! :lol:
But seriously though......................................You're right!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,553

Post#477 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:13 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

Not sure I blame you.

Nets is just at the point that Booker wouldn’t change a thing for us , I think picks and Thomas is just better aligned with the future 2-3 seasons from now

Second , I have this vibe that Booker isn’t as clear cut no1 option as I thought , he’s nice and got high scoring games , I just doubt he is the Batman on the championship team , rather 1B option

I think CP3 made Booker look A LOT better. A lot of fans around the NBA didn't think that highly of Book and he vaulted up into the top 15 players or so on some lists after playing with CP3, and I think he got a really big head..bigger than it was...ala Blake Griffin maybe. Anyway, I think he is at peak trade value right now and that will diminish. He will basically make as much as Beal next season and they really are pretty much the same player, though Book has been playing with CP3 who vaulted us from lotto to contender for a few years and he made everyone look better while Beal went through injuries. Book is really good but he will soon be on a super max. And yes, how can you be a true #1 when KD is the leading scorer anyway and with both of them you barely make the playoffs and struggle like this?
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#478 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:13 am

Puff wrote:Quite a pick up and quite and extension. Our future is so bright. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
O'Neale Zero point on Zero shot attempts
Allen 1 out of 2 - 3 points.

So much for the great point Book or is it point Beal or is it point KD. Please tell someone to pass the ball and to not turn it over "Numb Nuts". You are reportedly the head coach. What a frigging joke.

I did say that trading 4 2nds is simply too much of an overpay for him! :nonono:
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,836

Post#479 » by sashaturiaf » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:14 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
Booker to the Nets for our picks back and Cam Thomas.

Sound pretty ridiculous.

That's not how Tsai thinks. Booker is a perennial all star and in NYC you need that to stay relevant
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,970

Post#480 » by KLEON » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:17 am

Qwigglez wrote:I don't think I mentioned it in the game thread, but I was trying to remember the last time Book got in a pissing match against another player and the Suns end up winning. It seems like every time there is some talking smack Suns never win those games. That would be a tactic I'd use if I was the opponent, get under Books' skin and he'll make bad decisions.
I really hope the Suns can find a way to get into a groove in Phoenix, win the two home games, and then go back to Minny with some momentum.

Read on Twitter

McDaniels gets away with a lot of sh*t

Return to Phoenix Suns