ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 2: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota Timberwolves (0-1) | Tuesday | 4:30 PM | TNT

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,865

NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 2: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota Timberwolves (0-1) | Tuesday | 4:30 PM | TNT 

Post#1 » by Saberestar » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:25 pm

Grayson Allen (ankle) QUESTIONABLE.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,798

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 2: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota Timberwolves (0-1) | Tuesday | 4:30 PM | TNT 

Post#2 » by Qwigglez » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:56 pm

I'm probably not as upset as many other Suns fans after losing game 1, even in a blowout fashion. Mostly because the Suns were within striking distance in the third quarter. Hopefully Suns make the necessary adjustments and bring it in Game 2. Every home team won the first game in the playoffs so far, and the Suns will have plenty of film to change their game plan. I feel the Suns may not have been as prepared since they won the regular season games so they likely tried to stick to the same style meanwhile the Wolves were able to prep better.

Anyway, this is where the things can get interesting. Additionally, just remember the Suns were up 2-0 against the Bucks, 2-0 against the Mavs, before getting eliminated 2 of the last 3 years. Suns were also down 2-0 against the Nuggets last playoffs, ended up losing CP3 after that, and ended up winning the next two games at home (and then dropping the next two).
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,105

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 2: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota Timberwolves (0-1) | Tuesday | 4:30 PM | TNT 

Post#3 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:03 pm

Qwigglez wrote:I'm probably not as upset as many other Suns fans after losing game 1, even in a blowout fashion. Mostly because the Suns were within striking distance in the third quarter. Hopefully Suns make the necessary adjustments and bring it in Game 2. Every home team won the first game in the playoffs so far, and the Suns will have plenty of film to change their game plan. I feel the Suns may not have been as prepared since they won the regular season games so they likely tried to stick to the same style meanwhile the Wolves were able to prep better.

Anyway, this is where the things can get interesting. Additionally, just remember the Suns were up 2-0 against the Bucks, 2-0 against the Mavs, before getting eliminated 2 of the last 3 years. Suns were also down 2-0 against the Nuggets last playoffs, ended up losing CP3 after that, and ended up winning the next two games at home (and then dropping the next two).

I said it on the Wolves forum earlier today....I think Minnesota got an A or A+ performance out of almost everyone on the team except for maybe Conley. Regression is possible and probably likely.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,524

Post#4 » by Stix » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm

We all know what time it is...

Read on Twitter
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#5 » by Qwigglez » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:17 pm

Read on Twitter
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,633

Post#7 » by Revived » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:59 pm

Interesting Suns and Wolves are the one series with them getting 2 days off after both game 1 and game 2.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,524

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:12 am

Qwigglez wrote:I'm probably not as upset as many other Suns fans after losing game 1, even in a blowout fashion. Mostly because the Suns were within striking distance in the third quarter. Hopefully Suns make the necessary adjustments and bring it in Game 2. Every home team won the first game in the playoffs so far, and the Suns will have plenty of film to change their game plan. I feel the Suns may not have been as prepared since they won the regular season games so they likely tried to stick to the same style meanwhile the Wolves were able to prep better.

Yeah, I mean they kept home court. They did what they were supposed to do. We just need to take 1 there and protect home court, though we are not much better at home. And I don't want it to go 7...unless we are down.

But if Nurkic is going to get manhandled by Gobert and get ourebounded 16-4 we are going to have a tough time winning.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#9 » by bwgood77 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:13 am

Revived wrote:Interesting Suns and Wolves are the one series with them getting 2 days off after both game 1 and game 2.

I noticed at least one series has b2b games Sat/Sun. They haven't done that in awhile. I remember the Suns playing the Lakers back in like 2002 in the playoffs on a b2b.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#10 » by Qwigglez » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:23 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Yeah, I mean they kept home court. They did what they were supposed to do. We just need to take 1 there and protect home court, though we are not much better at home. And I don't want it to go 7...unless we are down.

But if Nurkic is going to get manhandled by Gobert and get ourebounded 16-4 we are going to have a tough time winning.

For sure we don't stand a chance if Nurkic doesn't show up. I didn't realize Nurk only had 4 rebounds. Though I'm not saying it's entirely his fault.

I just looked up the advanced box score stats for Game 1, and boy did some of our players lay some eggs.
Grayson Allen ORtg 82 DRtg 129 - 25 minutes
Eric Gordon ORtg 9 DRtg 124 - 21 minutes
Drew Eubanks ORtg 0 DRtg - 126 - 9 minutes

Bradley Beal was the only player on the Suns (who played meaningful minutes) that had a higher ORtg 134 vs DRtg 125

Royce Oneal had ORtg/DRtg at the same 131
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by bwgood77 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:09 am

Qwigglez wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

For sure we don't stand a chance if Nurkic doesn't show up. I didn't realize Nurk only had 4 rebounds. Though I'm not saying it's entirely his fault.

I just looked up the advanced box score stats for Game 1, and boy did some of our players lay some eggs.
Grayson Allen ORtg 82 DRtg 129 - 25 minutes
Eric Gordon ORtg 9 DRtg 124 - 21 minutes
Drew Eubanks ORtg 0 DRtg - 126 - 9 minutes

Bradley Beal was the only player on the Suns (who played meaningful minutes) that had a higher ORtg 134 vs DRtg 125

Royce Oneal had ORtg/DRtg at the same 131

Yeah, Royce shot well and Beal shot well and had some steals and was really hustling. Gordon was like 0-5 and 0-4 from 3.

I was wondering if Allen was out if it makes sense to start Young and move KD to the 3. Young averages over 11 boards per 36, and by that metric is our 2nd best rebounder. O Neal is 7.5. It does hurt floor spacing though on offense.

So I suppose if you need floor spacing you should start Royce since he has been really hot shooting. Allen was actually 0-3 from 3 the other night and Royce was hot.

Actually Bol Bol averages over 10 boards per 36, and has shot over 42% from 3 this year. I would play him more. Or even play him WITH Thad when Nurk rests.
Revived
RealGM

Post#12 » by Revived » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:09 am

Read on Twitter

This seems geared towards Booker specifically. It’s crazy how each year he cries and cries more to the refs. Other teams fans used to say this and I used to think it was just them talking smack but it’s actually true. Book many times doesn’t even try to score, he’s just flailing out there to get a call.

He’s doing what we all think players like Luka/Harden are doing.

I’m glad someone well respected like Al McCoy is calling him and the rest of the Suns out for it.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#13 » by Qwigglez » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:08 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

This seems geared towards Booker specifically. It’s crazy how each year he cries and cries more to the refs. Other teams fans used to say this and I used to think it was just them talking smack but it’s actually true. Book many times doesn’t even try to score, he’s just flailing out there to get a call.

I’m glad someone well respected like Al McCoy is calling him and the rest of the Suns out for it.

This is literally every player though. Lebron was crying after the game. The Sixers were crying after the game.

I do agree that Booker needs to just start hooping though. His last 6 games of the season was really a subpar performance, especially leading into the playoffs. I thought he was going to dial it in after scoring 52 on the Pels, then 40 on the Cavs. But then he followed up against the Wolves shooting 3/12, had a horrible final home game against the Clippers shooting 1/11. He did put up 21 and 23 against the Kings and Wolves, but he just didn't seem as locked in and we all know how well Booker can play.
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,471

Post#14 » by BurningHeart » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:07 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah he's playing like a little bitch. It's no surprise considering who his idol is.

Can't stand players who spend more time bitching to refs than **** playing. Yes, officiating matters a lot. More than many would like to admit. No, complaining on every play instead of playing, trying to draw a foul instead of completing a layup, etc is not a good thing. A lot of players do it and it's unwatchable whether it's our guys or not.
Jarlaxle0204
Sixth Man
And1: 2,091

Post#15 » by Jarlaxle0204 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:11 pm

BurningHeart wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah he's playing like a little bitch. It's no surprise considering who his idol is.

Can't stand players who spend more time bitching to refs than **** playing. Yes, officiating matters a lot. More than many would like to admit. No, complaining on every play instead of playing, trying to draw a foul instead of completing a layup, etc is not a good thing. A lot of players do it and it's unwatchable whether it's our guys or not.

I know his favorite player growing up was Rip Hamilton. You think Rip Hamilton was a bitch?
Revived
RealGM

Post#16 » by Revived » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:45 pm

This is complete speculation on my end but I do think Booker seems preoccupied this whole season with his new shoe release and such. He’s been attending a crap ton of events for that (seen on social media) and doing interviews and marketing events and all that for it throughout the whole season.

I do wish he waited till the summer to do it.

Anyway I think he should bounce back today. He’s too great of a scorer not to.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,575

Post#17 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:00 pm

This will likely be a much closer game but in the end the Twolves will be victorious winning by a small margin. After the game everyone will despise Eubanks, Gordon, & Booker even more. I’m normally spot on on my predictions.
Fifii
Sophomore
And1: 110

Post#18 » by Fifii » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:19 pm

Look at Philly. I know that they are lost , but they are almost win playing two starters. We must do the same thing so Devin nad KD must shine. If Beal add some points and Grayson ( if he plays ) , we can win this match. I don’t think that they are played this same good match again.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#19 » by spanishninja » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:20 pm

Revived wrote:This is complete speculation on my end but I do think Booker seems preoccupied this whole season with his new shoe release and such. He’s been attending a crap ton of events for that (seen on social media) and doing interviews and marketing events and all that for it throughout the whole season.

I do wish he waited till the summer to do it.

Anyway I think he should bounce back today. He’s too great of a scorer not to.

I noticed too and I also worried it was gonna be a distraction before things even started. He had a drop the same morning as g1 when we got our ass handed to us. can't you wait until the day after the game?
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,865

Post#20 » by Saberestar » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:04 pm

Grayson Allen (ankle) AVAILABLE.

Return to Phoenix Suns