ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 2: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota Timberwolves (0-1) | Tuesday | 4:30 PM | TNT

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,943

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 2: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota Timberwolves (0-1) | Tuesday | 4:30 PM | TNT 

Post#481 » by TeamTragic » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:17 am

bwgood77 wrote:
TeamTragic wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

“It’s only been two games the wolves took care of business at home. Now it’s Suns turn to win their home games and tie up the series. The Wolves are more difficult it’s going to be a long series, but I still expect Phoenix to win the series. We have more firepower. Please be patient guys it’s not over by a long shot.”

This is the exact attitude that leads to a crippling gambling addiction.

When I first started gambling that was actually one of my best bets. Taking a good team that lost the first 2 on the road and are going home for game 3. In a series you thought would be close. If we go down 3-0 we have no heart.

We can't recover from a sweep.

I don't expect us to blow it up or anything but if we get swept I don't know how they could be positive running it back. At least last year we played the Nuggets tougher than anyone else and against Dallas CP3 was injured and we lost in 7.

Then after that you go ALL IN and you get swept in the 1st round?

This team compared to last year has better talent. The obvious difference here is Vogel who has ZERO clue what he is doing and I sincerely hope him/Jones are stopgap as rumored.
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,373

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 2: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota Timberwolves (0-1) | Tuesday | 4:30 PM | TNT 

Post#482 » by AtheJ415 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:20 am

TeamTragic wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:
Revived wrote:I was just thinking about. That 48 win team with Dragic/Bledsoe/Gerald Green and Markieff Morris looks WAYYYYYY better than this sorry ass Suns team of this season.

This team does not deserve fans. I'll give Beal a slight pass because he at least ATTEMPTS to do the correct things when out on the court, but the rest of this team lacks leadership, accountability, and is a bunch of spoiled babies who just don't give a ****.

Softest team in decades. Vogel is a disaster and whoever is responsible for this offense deserves to be shot via catapult into the Sun. They have neutered HOF level offensive players in their primes.

We have role playing 37 year olds not shooting at end of quarter to protect their 3 point %. This team is a joke and has been all year. We should've fired Vogel at the midway point, but now we are stuck with this garbage. A lot of this falls on KD. I don't care if he is playing well / shooting well, he is supposed to be a leader and we have traded insurmountable amounts of talent for him. He has not been.

Book has not been the same guy he was before. He is deferring too much due to how we have set things up offensively. But at least he is playing with SOME intensity. Our role players, head coach, other superstar, etc have played less hard than the opposition most games. We have won based on shooting talent. Right now we are not even running real offense and we pout and allow layup lines on the other end.

Booker is playing with.....intensity? :lol:

He hustles on D more than the others. He at least yells at guys who are **** up. But the offense has no way for anybody to do anything when it is this basic
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,684

Post#483 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:20 am

TeamTragic wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
TeamTragic wrote:

When I first started gambling that was actually one of my best bets. Taking a good team that lost the first 2 on the road and are going home for game 3. In a series you thought would be close. If we go down 3-0 we have no heart.

I don't expect us to blow it up or anything but if we get swept I don't know how they could be positive running it back. At least last year we played the Nuggets tougher than anyone else and against Dallas CP3 was injured and we lost in 7.

This team compared to last year has better talent. The obvious difference here is Vogel who has ZERO clue what he is doing and I sincerely hope him/Jones are stopgap as rumored.

There's absolutely no reason for the Suns to be a barely top 10 team in offense this season (we're #9). With this much talent, this much shooting and this much veteran experience, we should be at worst #5. Like BW, I give Vogel credit for kicking this team into a respectable defensive shape (#13) but the offense is inexcusable.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,540

Post#484 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:25 am

TeamTragic wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
TeamTragic wrote:

Not that I'm high on Vogel but it's our offense that looks terrible considering the talented offensive players we have, and that's supposed to be Kevin Young. Vogel had this team without really any really good defenders at 13th best defense or something. I mean KD is pretty good and O'Neale is pretty good but only played half a season. Beal hustles and gets steals and Allen hustles some but these guys are not known as defenders...outside of maybe O'Neale.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,075

Post#485 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:34 am

bwgood77 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Not sure I blame you.

Nets is just at the point that Booker wouldn’t change a thing for us , I think picks and Thomas is just better aligned with the future 2-3 seasons from now

Second , I have this vibe that Booker isn’t as clear cut no1 option as I thought , he’s nice and got high scoring games , I just doubt he is the Batman on the championship team , rather 1B option

I think CP3 made Booker look A LOT better. A lot of fans around the NBA didn't think that highly of Book and he vaulted up into the top 15 players or so on some lists after playing with CP3, and I think he got a really big head..bigger than it was...ala Blake Griffin maybe. Anyway, I think he is at peak trade value right now and that will diminish. He will basically make as much as Beal next season and they really are pretty much the same player, though Book has been playing with CP3 who vaulted us from lotto to contender for a few years and he made everyone look better while Beal went through injuries. Book is really good but he will soon be on a super max. And yes, how can you be a true #1 when KD is the leading scorer anyway and with both of them you barely make the playoffs and struggle like this?

Agree with you on CP3 , he was the soul and bread on this young ascending PHX team , I still think your season would’ve been better if he stayed

Was never a fan of Beal , this guy is not a winner, never was , nothing changed

Beal contract is not tradable , Durant is on the sharp decline since the Bucks series , trading Booker might be your only option ( if you think his stock is high ) I honestly don’t

Best case scenario, even if you loose to Minnesota root for Booker to score 50 burgers ( that would raise his stock a lot )

Worst case is staying pat and getting older and god forbid like someone here mentioned hiring Steve Nash
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#486 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:38 am

bwgood77 wrote:
TeamTragic wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Not that I'm high on Vogel but it's our offense that looks terrible considering the talented offensive players we have, and that's supposed to be Kevin Young. Vogel had this team without really any really good defenders at 13th best defense or something. I mean KD is pretty good and O'Neale is pretty good but only played half a season. Beal hustles and gets steals and Allen hustles some but these guys are not known as defenders...outside of maybe O'Neale.

Royce was way way better on the Nets just a couple months ago , I don’t get it why all of a sudden he play so poor for you , the guy is tough defender , not afraid of the moment, always scored crucial points for us
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,193

Post#487 » by RaisingArizona » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:41 am

Welcome to Phoenix, Dan Majerle
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,836

Post#488 » by sashaturiaf » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:42 am

Why is Nets fans coming to our board after 2 losses, Arc I love you as a fan but would you be here if we were 2-0 up?
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,587

Post#489 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:48 am

sashaturiaf wrote:Why is Nets fans coming to our board after 2 losses, Arc I love you as a fan but would you be here if we were 2-0 up?

Ark only shows up when we are struggling.
Spoiler:
Kidding! He’s cool in my eyes :)
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#490 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:54 am

sashaturiaf wrote:Why is Nets fans coming to our board after 2 losses, Arc I love you as a fan but would you be here if we were 2-0 up?

Sure I would , I congratulate Suns when we lost to them in RS , I don’t like KD how he treated Nets but I think Suns as an organization have awesome fans

By fans I mean lifers not a fans who jump teams every season if you know what I mean :D
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#491 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:55 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:

Spoiler:

Ok ok , I’ll come come here if you win next game , if you don’t I won’t to be consistent :lol:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,540

Post#492 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:55 am

No wonder Booker was flustered...I just saw the Booker shirts fans were wearing.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,587

Post#493 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:59 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

Spoiler:

Ok ok , I’ll come come here if you win next game , if you don’t I won’t to be consistent :lol:

We ain’t winning a game this series. I expect you to be consistent come 24-25 season. :evil:
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,867

Post#494 » by Saberestar » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:23 am

Damn, good first half but we couldn't play that physical game all game long. They got some separation in the third and killed us in the fourth.

With the way the league is calling fouls (or not calling it) in these playoffs they get some advantage with physical players and Gobert/Towns/Naz.

Eric Gordon played very well in his minutes and that are great news with Allen having serious problems with his ankle.

Obviously the next one is a must win for us. KD, Beal and Book need to score +70 in that game.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,642

Post#495 » by Revived » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:41 am

Watching the Mavs/Clippers game, it’s amazing how Kyrie dribbles the point past half court so quickly and gets the Mavs into their sets much faster than the Suns struggling to get the ball past halfcourt.

People can say what they want about Kyrie being crazy or whatever but he’s been perfectly fine in Dallas in a stable environments. Again, Suns could’ve had him for one measley 1st rd pick and kept Bridges/Johnson and all other picks to further improve the team like Dallas did (getting Gafford/Washington).
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,084

Post#496 » by sunsbg » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:20 am

But but..3:0 regular season record and team was coasting during the season waiting for the playoffs to show their best.

Big3 was Big1.25 in this game ? KD - 0.5, Booker - 0.5, Beal - 0.25 ?
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,798

Post#497 » by Qwigglez » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:31 am

Revived wrote:Watching the Mavs/Clippers game, it’s amazing how Kyrie dribbles the point past half court so quickly and gets the Mavs into their sets much faster than the Suns struggling to get the ball past halfcourt.

People can say what they want about Kyrie being crazy or whatever but he’s been perfectly fine in Dallas in a stable environments. Again, Suns could’ve had him for one measley 1st rd pick and kept Bridges/Johnson and all other picks to further improve the team like Dallas did (getting Gafford/Washington).

"Not splashy enough" - Ishbia probably...

This is the one that irks me the most. Kyrie for CP3 was on the table (plus picks / Crowder), I know we will find out about this sometime later, but the Suns didn't want to pull the trigger for whatever reason. Could have then tried to trade Bridges/Cam/DA even maybe for KD over the summer. Not saying I would have still wanted to make the KD trade, just saying, the Kyrie trade was such a low risk move. Like imagine Kyrie just bolted over the summer anyway. Okay... boo-hoo, we lost out on a 1st round pick, totally worth the risk.
Fifii
Sophomore
And1: 110

Post#498 » by Fifii » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:31 am

If we played team basketball we winning , if we back to iso we losing. That’s all.

KD is exhausted after long season. He has 35 and must lead this team whole season when Beal was out and Booker disappears in some matches.

Now I don’t see that we won one match. I think we receive swept , but I may be wrong. KD must drop 40 bombs in Phoenix before was too late.
Revived
RealGM

Post#499 » by Revived » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:34 am

Qwigglez wrote:
Revived wrote:Watching the Mavs/Clippers game, it’s amazing how Kyrie dribbles the point past half court so quickly and gets the Mavs into their sets much faster than the Suns struggling to get the ball past halfcourt.

"Not splashy enough" - Ishbia probably...

This is the one that irks me the most. Kyrie for CP3 was on the table (plus picks / Crowder), I know we will find out about this sometime later, but the Suns didn't want to pull the trigger for whatever reason. Could have then tried to trade Bridges/Cam/DA even maybe for KD over the summer. Not saying I would have still wanted to make the KD trade, just saying, the Kyrie trade was such a low risk move. Like imagine Kyrie just bolted over the summer anyway. Okay... boo-hoo, we lost out on a 1st round pick, totally worth the risk.

Ishbia is making all the same mistakes Sarver did early on…which is make the basketball decisions himself instead of trusting the people hired with experience on it.
Revived
RealGM

Post#500 » by Revived » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:36 am

Saberestar wrote:Damn, good first half but we couldn't play that physical game all game long. They got some separation in the third and killed us in the fourth.

With the way the league is calling fouls (or not calling it) in these playoffs they get some advantage with physical players and Gobert/Towns/Naz.

Eric Gordon played very well in his minutes and that are great news with Allen having serious problems with his ankle.

Obviously the next one is a must win for us. KD, Beal and Book need to score +70 in that game.

Damn this doesn’t optimistic enough. Suns are even breaking my boy Sabestar :(

Return to Phoenix Suns