ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 3: Minnesota T-Wolves @ Phoenix Suns l Friday l 7:30pm l ESPN

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,607

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 3: Minnesota T-Wolves @ Phoenix Suns l Friday l 7:30pm l ESPN 

Post#361 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:46 am

LV-Suns wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:Suggestions on how to replace watching basketball as a leisure activity?

Hockey playoffs are on. I been watching the Golden Knights more than Suns now.

I cashed out avs game they were down 2-1 after 2nd period…afterwards they score 5 unanswered goals. F—- cost me $170 grrr
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,038

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 3: Minnesota T-Wolves @ Phoenix Suns l Friday l 7:30pm l ESPN 

Post#362 » by Son of Ra » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:46 am

Baz wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:
NY for me.

I'm rooting for the Mavs. Kyrie has been one of my favorite players, and Suns should have drafted Luka anyway...

Pardon my lurking in these parts, but I don't know why the Mavs & Suns are supposed to hate each other. The Nash & Matrix connection has always made the Suns a team I like if the Mavs aren't in the mix & I was rooting for yall in 21. Your support is welcome & hopefully your team gives you more to smile about in the coming years. We also went up 2-0 in the Finals only to lose and had rough years following. But 5 years later... so you never know. Booker is still young. Surround him with better pieces and a good coach it could be a different story in a few years.

You had me until "build around Booker". I've never really liked the guy, but by now it should be obvious to everyone he's not a guy you build around. I want him traded yesterday for as much as we can get but if we don't do that I want him to be kept on the roster with the mindset we have our 2nd or 3rd best player already.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#363 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:48 am

BurningHeart wrote:It's not about the return. It's about the purging of the cancer and culture.

Get rid of them. Doesn't matter what the return is.

Let the purging begin!!!

RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,195

Post#364 » by RaisingArizona » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:50 am

Son of Ra wrote:
Baz wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:
I'm rooting for the Mavs. Kyrie has been one of my favorite players, and Suns should have drafted Luka anyway...

Pardon my lurking in these parts, but I don't know why the Mavs & Suns are supposed to hate each other. The Nash & Matrix connection has always made the Suns a team I like if the Mavs aren't in the mix & I was rooting for yall in 21. Your support is welcome & hopefully your team gives you more to smile about in the coming years. We also went up 2-0 in the Finals only to lose and had rough years following. But 5 years later... so you never know. Booker is still young. Surround him with better pieces and a good coach it could be a different story in a few years.

You had me until "build around Booker". I've never really liked the guy, but by now it should be obvious to everyone he's not a guy you build around. I want him traded yesterday for as much as we can get but if we don't do that I want him to be kept on the roster with the mindset we have our 2nd or 3rd best player already.

If you keep one of them, it better be Book. God help me if it's beal
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,388

Post#365 » by Golanator » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:50 am

Haven’t posted in a minute.

Woof.

I was all for the KD trade at the time and have no regrets, but it’s time to admit defeat there and recoup whatever assets we can. Lu Dort, Cason Wallace and 2-3 picks would be nice. KD has talked like he wants to go back to OKC and they could use him I guess.
Biff
Veteran
And1: 1,287

Post#366 » by Biff » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:50 am

RaisingArizona wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:KD's value is half what we paid for. Maybe even less. We're not getting anything close to what we gave up.

I don't know. He had a good year stat wise. Can't really pin it all on him. I think we get close, tbh. Some team like NYK will be desperate to get over the hump

He's a year older and no team is going to give up what we did because we overpaid. It's clear he can't carry a team anymore. We'll get assets but very little compared to what we gave up. We'll be lucky to get expiring matching salaries and a pick or two.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer

Post#367 » by Son of Ra » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:52 am

Golanator wrote:Haven’t posted in a minute.

Woof.

I was all for the KD trade at the time and have no regrets, but it’s time to admit defeat there and recoup whatever assets we can. Lu Dort, Cason Wallace and 2-3 picks would be nice. KD has talked like he wants to go back to OKC and they could use him I guess.

As much as I'm happy to see you back posting I wish the username attached to this comment was Real Matt Ishbia.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,540

Post#368 » by Stix » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:52 am

I don't want to trade Book because he is the only homegrown talent we have. I guess I have to agree... do it like the Mavs. Keep trying to build around your guy (Dirk) until you get one.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,802

Post#369 » by Qwigglez » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 am

If Suns get swept... or rather when the Suns lose in the 1st round, and then Lakers get swept. I could see a scenario where Lebron wants to team up with KD, maybe even CP3 and play together in Phoenix. And... not gonna lie, I would probably not care for that.
Biff
Veteran
And1: 1,287

Post#370 » by Biff » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:55 am

Woof.

OKC is run pretty shrewdly. I doubt they want a 36-year-old with health issues. He had a healthy year but he's still a big injury risk going forward. If OKC traded for him we'd get matching salary and maybe 1 pick.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#371 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:56 am

I’m in the process of becoming a Heat fan due to their culture. If next year Suns don’t make any noise I’ll switch over. Can’t stay loyal anymore I’ve done it for over two decades. Suns, Yotes, Cards never seem to win anything. D-backs the best team in the valley and don’t you all forget it.
Golanator
Sixth Man

Post#372 » by Golanator » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:57 am

Don’t want to trade Book. Nobody will want Beal.

KD for Dort, Wallace and a few picks would let us get some young assets while still building a competitive team around Book and Beal.

We’d have Book, Beal, Dort, Wallace, Grayson, Nurk, O’Neale, #22 overall this year, 2-3 more first round picks + salary filler like Nas Little, David Roddy and whoever picks up their player option from EG, Okogie, Lee and Eubanks. We’d be below the 2nd apron and have an avenue to making trades we currently don’t have.

This is the way.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,060

Post#373 » by garrick » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:58 am

RaisingArizona wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:
Baz wrote:

If you keep one of them, it better be Book. God help me if it's beal

Let's be real if Booker was 2nd fiddle to another legit star I don't think he gets the supermax, this is a classic case of a bad team giving their homegrown star the supermax because they have no choice.

Exactly the same as Beal in Washington who never should have been offered the supermax, we were also stupid/unlucky to be stuck with his albatross of a contract now while Washington is laughing all the way to the bank.
Golanator
Sixth Man

Post#374 » by Golanator » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:59 am

Biff wrote:

Woof.

OKC is run pretty shrewdly. I doubt they want a 36-year-old with health issues. He had a healthy year but he's still a big injury risk going forward. If OKC traded for him we'd get matching salary and maybe 1 pick.

Stop it, lol. OKC has 17 million picks, including 2 this year and 4 next year, and they have to cash them in eventually. They will have no use for late 1st round rookies being a contending team.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,098

Post#375 » by sunsbg » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:00 am

Wouldn't trade him for picks, but if there is a true superstar on the market Booker is gone in a heart beat. Too one dimensional and no leader. Can't build around him.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,195

Post#376 » by RaisingArizona » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:03 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:I’m in the process of becoming a Heat fan due to their culture. If next year Suns don’t make any noise I’ll switch over. Can’t stay loyal anymore I’ve done it for over two decades. Suns, Yotes, Cards never seem to win anything. D-backs the best team in the valley and don’t you all forget it.

I feel cursed being a fan of all valley teams sans the Cardinals but you can't just jump ship man. Not allowed
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#377 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:07 am

RaisingArizona wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:I’m in the process of becoming a Heat fan due to their culture. If next year Suns don’t make any noise I’ll switch over. Can’t stay loyal anymore I’ve done it for over two decades. Suns, Yotes, Cards never seem to win anything. D-backs the best team in the valley and don’t you all forget it.

I feel cursed being a fan of all valley teams sans the Cardinals but you can't just jump ship man. Not allowed

Who makes up the rules? If an organization has crappy owners over and over again that am I the problem or them?
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer

Post#378 » by Son of Ra » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:10 am

And once you do we'll start winning. Your sacrifice will be remembered and honored.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,098

Post#379 » by sunsbg » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:33 am

Now that Suns are eliminated, mostly interested in Mavs Clippers series as there is some history there, though it looks like another dysfunctional superteam is getting sent home. Also rooting for Celtics to win EC otherwise we can end with another boring final like last year.
Sunlight
Bench Warmer
And1: 660

Post#380 » by Sunlight » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:42 am

"Let me address some of the Deandre Ayton rumors. The Suns have not been willing to move DA all summer because they think he fits well and there were no offers that would change that. If Nurkic was on the table I would be surprised if the Suns didn't look into it because an argument could be made that is an upgrade for Phx," wrote Gambo.

:lol:

Return to Phoenix Suns