ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 3: Minnesota T-Wolves @ Phoenix Suns l Friday l 7:30pm l ESPN

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Ryu
Bench Warmer
And1: 562

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 3: Minnesota T-Wolves @ Phoenix Suns l Friday l 7:30pm l ESPN 

Post#381 » by Ryu » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:49 am

Now we can see the order of importance on the 2021 NBA Finals team:

1. Chris Paul
2. Deandre Ayton
3. Devin Booker
4. Mikal Bridges
Sunlight
Bench Warmer
And1: 660

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 3: Minnesota T-Wolves @ Phoenix Suns l Friday l 7:30pm l ESPN 

Post#382 » by Sunlight » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:00 am

Ryu wrote:Now we can see the order of importance on the 2021 NBA Finals team:

1. Chris Paul
2. Deandre Ayton
3. Devin Booker
4. Mikal Bridges

And at that time, Booker had the help of CP3 and Bridges. While Ayton operates with small forwards Crowder and CamJ. It would certainly have been more comfortable with Pascal Siakim as Turner has now.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,231

Post#383 » by MrMiyagi » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:35 am

Remember when we only had 1 guy on our roster whose effort we questioned? Good times.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Ryu
Bench Warmer

Post#384 » by Ryu » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 am

MrMiyagi wrote:Remember when we only had 1 guy on our roster whose effort we questioned? Good times.

That was the resident scapegoat over here and on Twitter especially. But hey they got the C "who plays hard", as our supermax star said.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,173

Post#385 » by spanishninja » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:45 am

garrick wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:You had me until "build around Booker". I've never really liked the guy, but by now it should be obvious to everyone he's not a guy you build around. I want him traded yesterday for as much as we can get but if we don't do that I want him to be kept on the roster with the mindset we have our 2nd or 3rd best player already.

If you keep one of them, it better be Book. God help me if it's beal

Let's be real if Booker was 2nd fiddle to another legit star I don't think he gets the supermax, this is a classic case of a bad team giving their homegrown star the supermax because they have no choice.

Exactly the same as Beal in Washington who never should have been offered the supermax, we were also stupid/unlucky to be stuck with his albatross of a contract now while Washington is laughing all the way to the bank.
On the other hand, Jaylen Brown got the supermax and he is basically Booker's level.

Sent from my SM-S926U using RealGM mobile app
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,472

Post#386 » by BurningHeart » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:55 am

Our team sucking now doesn't mean that Ayton doesn't suck.

All a mistake. Everything we've done since that surprise 48 win season has been a **** mistake.
Ryu
Bench Warmer

Post#387 » by Ryu » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 am

BurningHeart wrote:Our team sucking now doesn't mean that Ayton doesn't suck.

All a mistake. Everything we've done since that surprise 48 win season has been a **** mistake.

Dont tell me the core of Haliburton - Booker - Bridges - Johnson - Ayton wouldnt be fun to watch and to root for.

But hey the most of the fanbase (on twitter especially) wanted a splash for superstars. And to get rid of a resident evil DA.
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,657

Post#388 » by schnakenpopanz » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:28 am

In my 25 years as a supporter of this teams this was the first play off game I did not watch on purpose.
I have a really good feel when going into a season and what about to see in a team to root for.
Even the lower level teams of the mid 10s were more fun to watch and had players I'd like to root for.
Now the most likable players are Thad Young who, why and when will not play and was brought here to sit on the bench.
And Bol Bol who is a likable guy because of his style.

Brace yourself for an ugly off season, easy ecxuses by a cocky owner, canned GM and new coach.
I think I have never seen a team go from finals appearance 3 years ago to near lottery team so fast, whil making their future outlook so bad
free steve nash!
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,610

Post#389 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:35 am

Ryu wrote:

Dont tell me the core of Haliburton - Booker - Bridges - Johnson - Ayton wouldnt be fun to watch and to root for.

But hey the most of the fanbase (on twitter especially) wanted a splash for superstars. And to get rid of a resident evil DA.

First round exit, lose to this T-wolves in 6/7 games. Next..
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,793

Post#390 » by thamadkant » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:53 am

I'm happy stopped sacrificing personal time to watch this team. I only watched replays and when I had nothing else to do.... and got to fast forward and save time.

Because ever since KD joined the Suns, the suns offense became ugly to watch. I don't blame KD for all of it as he has proven he could be amazing within a structured system with good ball movement. But on the Suns, it became apparent KD and Booker was relied on to make plays and do what LeBron, Luka, Harden and other scoring play makers do... when they aren't the same play makers. Instead we got isolation mid range and basic ball movement.

Who would have thought Wolves studied all 3 regular season games against Suns and developed counters and knowing Suns don't play defense as well... it is a recipe for disaster.

In any case, Ishiba will bring them all back because he needs to sell tickets... he won't rebuild
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,793

Post#391 » by thamadkant » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Ryu wrote:

But CP3, Crowder would be on the team too so ball movement and defense would be very good... plus Suns depth so... Suns win against this wolves team.. but it's all fantasy isn't it.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,880

Post#392 » by Saberestar » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:17 am

Read on Twitter
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,038

Post#393 » by Son of Ra » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:21 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Ryu wrote:

I don't say this lightly but...you're nuts. I get the disappointment and I dislike Booker and the Ayton pick (to an extent I stopped watching the Suns for a long while after rarely missing a game of the entire McD era, Doncic was the easiest pick in the history of picks) but this team would have had no problem with the Wolves at all.

PS: especially because we could have still gotten Beal for Paul and/or Jones for one of our firsts. Another scrappy defender and this is a well balanced team, no iso top heavy bloated balloon with nothing in it.
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,657

Post#394 » by schnakenpopanz » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:33 am

Klomp wrote:
schnakenpopanz wrote:I can not understand why the suns play at such a slow pace. They don't have the roster to do so.
Everytime the suns played faster this season, good things happened.

Denied.

Read on Twitter

Still does not change the fact that the slower pace favors the wolves.
free steve nash!
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,398

Post#395 » by Puff » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:40 am

Where is SLIM?

Blame it on Monty?

Monty just never made adjustments, so we had to fire him.

When "Numb Nuts" makes half time adjustments we get blow out in the 3rd quarter.

Thanks Ish. No one could possibly have done more damage to this franchise is a shorter amount of time.

I hope you are happy with the season ticket holders that jump ship this summer. Good luck selling advertising for this fook story.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
Puff
Sixth Man

Post#396 » by Puff » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:47 am

This could be a record breaking Olympic Games.

When has the USA basketball team had 4 players on it that were swept in the 1st round of the playoffs?

At least Book and KD should be healthy for next season. That is if they don't trip over the pile of money they did not earn this season.

The same hold true for Lebron and AD.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
Puff
Sixth Man

Post#397 » by Puff » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:48 am

I do not know if I can watch another game coached by Vogel.
sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,452

Post#398 » by sasquatchBob » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:54 am

Calvin Klein wrote:Suggestions on how to replace watching basketball as a leisure activity?

NHL playoffs. Possibly the most fun playoffs in sports.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,060

Post#399 » by garrick » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 pm

Sunlight wrote:
Ryu wrote:Now we can see the order of importance on the 2021 NBA Finals team:

1. Chris Paul
2. Deandre Ayton
3. Devin Booker
4. Mikal Bridges

And at that time, Booker had the help of CP3 and Bridges. While Ayton operates with small forwards Crowder and CamJ. It would certainly have been more comfortable with Pascal Siakim as Turner has now.

Ayton's effort wanes but he can keep his man in front of him on the switch and he gets you an easy 16-20 points per game on put backs or junk plays and gets you around 10 rebounds per game.

Nurkic this season has been an absolute disaster on defense when not matched up with plodding centers and it's frustrating to see him miss so many point blank shots at the rim when you know Ayton was good at cleaning up those shots at the rim even if he didn't always dunk the ball. I think he really needs to get shipped out before his value tanks because his intangibles like passing or even his supposedly better 3pt shooting are not enough to balance the deficiencies in his game.

This big 3 team is much worse even when healthy that the 2021 or 2022 team, they are hard to watch or root for and now are on the verge of being swept in round 1. :banghead:
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,195

Post#400 » by RaisingArizona » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 pm

The only guy the Suns should have had left doing anything in the playoffs is Haliburton so stfu about everyone else watching the Suns implode on TV like we are

Return to Phoenix Suns