ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: GAME 4: Minnesota Timberwolves @ Phoenix Suns (3-0) | Sunday | 6:30PM

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: GAME 4: Minnesota Timberwolves @ Phoenix Suns (3-0) | Sunday | 6:30PM 

Post#361 » by LV-Suns » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:49 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Holy f**k. Someone like Bob Myers or Brock Aller should be taking over this GM job.

This dude and Monty continue to eat because of CP3, neither of them have any business to still have their jobs they have.
I Dont wanna be here
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,483

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: GAME 4: Minnesota Timberwolves @ Phoenix Suns (3-0) | Sunday | 6:30PM 

Post#362 » by BurningHeart » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:49 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Holy f**k. Someone like Bob Myers or Brock Aller should be taking over this GM job.

So nothing of relevance is gonna change.

Awesome.
oddity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,088

Post#363 » by oddity » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:04 am

This team performed exactly how I thought they would after game 2. It's funny how this team fell into the same hole the franchise stumbled into almost 10 years ago, when they took a 2 PG concept that worked and pushed it to such an absurd point that it made everyone worse. This team failed exactly how the 3 pg hydra team failed. KD and Book could have worked, but we just had to push it and add a third player that fills the same damn role. I was wondering why the offense looked better when 2/3 of our all stars were playing than when all 3 were playing. It's bc the offense had no focus. Maybe if Vogel had the offensive creativity of a high school coach or my friend when he runs plays on 2K it could have worked, but this impotent dumb horrific awful coach can't even muster that.
Books first season as a Sun and now potentially his last, both ending with a total franchise implosion. It's kinda poetic, like a Greek tragedy...
As for X's and O's, this team has been so awful to watch. They Isolate every play even when it isn't working. They have the blandest pick and roll plays, and nothing in the play book that actually gets their scorers the ball in positions to score. The whole offense was riding on aging talent and a dream. Vogel had an entire season to draw up one play, just ONE play, and he couldn't even muster that. This team could barely execute basic plays. They were oddly awful on the fast break, and they rarely found each other in open spots on offense, like nobody trusted each other.
That's where my criticism of Book and KD seriously come in. The Suns had zero leadership and I get that's it's tough when your coach is a eunuch, but one of these 2 needed to step up. Book played well tonight, but he was awful for most of this series, and KD was inconsistent the entire time. Book and KD tried to play it cool when they started losing, like nothing was wrong and they got it in the bag, and then they kept losing and nothing changed. This team did better against the wolves tonight that the other games this series because they had some sense of urgency, but it was too little too late. If this season was supposed to be the season we got to learn whether Booker is him or not, the answer was he's not. KD is too old. Beal has no role in the offense and is just terrible in general.
Our lack of a point guard has been shocking to watch devolve into an offense-destroying black hole on our team, and it is doubley shocking to see the management completely ignore this massive gapping hole the entire season. The team known for its great point guards, the team that at one point had KJ, Jason Kidd, and Steve Nash on it AT THE SAME TIME, completely ignored the style of play Suns fans wanted to see. This team is such a departure from the old suns teams that actually moved the ball and played to each others strengths. Now they just play hero ball for 48 mimutes with no hero. (And no soul)
I'd rather that young team with Bledsoe and Dragic that missed the playoffs than get exposed as an old team that didn't belong in the playoffs to begin with. What a disappointment, but the only silver lining to being a suns fan is that I've developed a resistance to it. Maybe I'll come back next season, or maybe in 5 years from now, but Ishbia, you're on your own.
Living off borrowed time the clock ticks faster...
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,388

Post#364 » by Golanator » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:13 am

Well that sucked but definitely less painful than the Bucks/Mavs/Nuggets losses of the last 3 seasons. This team was just off all year. It is what it is
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,739

Post#365 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:18 am

Golanator wrote:Well that sucked but definitely less painful than the Bucks/Mavs/Nuggets losses of the last 3 seasons. This team was just off all year. It is what it is

I felt good and excited going into all those playoffs. This season....I had very little feeling about the team. I was neither particularly excited nor felt the doomer mindset. I basically had no feeling and just wanted to see how we go and somehow it still went worse than I expected.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,726

Post#366 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:19 am

IF Jones the ultimate grifter that has put us in this hopeless situation by constructing th nba's worst roster with his delusional redundency gimmick and eagerly giving away every bit of our assets to make thing is seriously kept on as GM here and allowed to continue dismantling this franchise the a freaking double agent or something, then I'll have completely lost any respect that I had left for Ishbia and I'll put strong focus on gathering large groups together and petitioning the league office/ board members to forcefully remove both of Ishbia and Jones for gross negligence and deriliction of their responsibilities to this franchise and community. And hopefully both will be rightfully banned from ever participating in any franchise or front office role going forward!

Jones and Ishbia spotted at luncheon discussing their masterplans for the suns coming offseason after quickly decimating this franchise and setting it back for at least another decade!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#367 » by Revived » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:19 am

Read on Twitter

Anyone who was a fan back in ‘92-93 feeling deja vu?
Golanator
Sixth Man

Post#368 » by Golanator » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Golanator wrote:Well that sucked but definitely less painful than the Bucks/Mavs/Nuggets losses of the last 3 seasons. This team was just off all year. It is what it is

I felt good and excited going into all those playoffs. This season....I had very little feeling about the team. I was neither particularly excited nor felt the doomer mindset. I basically had no feeling and just wanted to see how we go and somehow it still went worse than I expected.

Yup. Should be an interesting off-season. And we actually have something to look forward to in the draft for the first time in forever, assuming we actually make the pick and don’t trade it.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,540

Post#369 » by Stix » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:30 am

Can Ishbia buy-out Beal and then make him go work at his real estate office or whatever?
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,210

Post#370 » by RaisingArizona » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:32 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lord help me..**** this month
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,125

Post#371 » by sunsbg » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:34 am

In Jones defense if he remains a GM this probably means he warned Ishbia giving everything for 35yo KD is a bad move. Maybe Ishbia listens next time. That said, it doesn't mean Jones should not be fired if a better GM is available. Firing Vogel is not even debatable.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,726

Post#372 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:36 am

Stix wrote:Can Ishbia buy-out Beal and then make him go work at his real estate office or whatever?

The suns should seriously be looking to try and convince Beal to go play in Brooklyn as their top star alongside of Bridges and Johnson, so he won't have to be a 3rd option anymore! :wink:
Then consequently we'll just take back Simmons 40 million expiring (next season) and Schroders' 13 million for salary matching incentives for Brooklyn. Beal gets to be featured more while helping the Nets get into the playoffs in an easier eastern conference, and we get off his contract two seasons early. Both teams win! :wink:
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,540

Post#373 » by Stix » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:39 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Stix wrote:Can Ishbia buy-out Beal and then make him go work at his real estate office or whatever?

The suns should seriously be looking to try and convince Beal to go play in Brooklyn as their top star alongside of Bridges and Johnson, so he won't have to be a 3rd option anymore! :wink:
Then consequently we'll just take back Simmons 40 million expiring (next season) and Schroders' 13 million for salary matching incentives for Brooklyn. Beal gets to be featured more while helping the Nets get into the playoffs in an easier eastern conference, and we get off his contract two seasons early. Both teams win! :wink:

I love it but every time this gets brought up to a Nets fan... they are like hell no! :lol:

They also have Cam Thomas who is a younger, much cheaper Beal.
Golanator
Sixth Man

Post#374 » by Golanator » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Beal is fine. He had a terrible game and is overpaid but he had a good season playing in a new role. He’s still a good NBA player.

Now can you win while paying him, Book and KD $150 million combined? Probably not but that’s not Beals fault.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#375 » by Revived » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:48 am

KD is 35…this team has plateaued . Yes we need a new coach but no coach is turning this into a contender with the amount of depleted assets. This team needs a full 2-4 year rebuild with young players.

Doesn’t KD want to play on a title contender in his last highly productive seasons?

If he’s not a p****sy and actually wants to win another title, he should demand a trade out.

OKC makes lot of sense. Same with Knicks. Houston would be a contender with him, Sengun and Udoka as HC; they were already almost a play-in team this year.

Get the hell out of here dude and try to win a ring without riding Curry’s coattails so you can finally beat the allegations.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,210

Post#376 » by RaisingArizona » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:51 am

Golanator wrote:Beal is fine. He had a terrible game and is overpaid but he had a good season playing in a new role. He’s still a good NBA player.

Now can you win while paying him, Book and KD $150 million combined? Probably not but that’s not Beals fault.

What's up, BB?
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,483

Post#377 » by BurningHeart » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:24 am

See the thing is you can't even wait for it to gel. Because the assets are getting worse. The worse it gets the less the return would be, and we'd still be lacking the assets. So we have to do it *now*.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,633

Post#378 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:15 am

BurningHeart wrote:See the thing is you can't even wait for it to gel. Because the assets are getting worse. The worse it gets the less the return would be, and we'd still be lacking the assets. So we have to do it *now*.

Agreed! Gotta trade the assets while they still can before a sudden injury or decline to certain players. We desperately need to bring in players who are hungry to win and get draft picks cause we’re running on empty. A smart owner would admit his f—— ups and trade Durant, keep Booker for now and have Beal come off the bench. He already makes tons of money he can do that off the bench, but not as a starter. Also, get rid of Eubanks, Gordon as they provide nothing worthwhile to our team.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,633

Post#379 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:16 am

RaisingArizona wrote:
Golanator wrote:Beal is fine. He had a terrible game and is overpaid but he had a good season playing in a new role. He’s still a good NBA player.

What's up, BB?

BB burner account checking in..
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 6,001

Post#380 » by kennydorglas » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:55 am

Oh wow
Giving a Ferrari to frank **** Vogel backfired?
Prob the biggest mistake made by ishbia by far and he already did a lot of them.

Fire sale time imo
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola

Return to Phoenix Suns