Re: Non-threadworthy UFC Events Thread 

Post#2181 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:05 am

Good night of UFC fights!
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,663

Post#2182 » by Clav » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:10 am

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Good night of UFC fights!

Absolutely! Love seeing and hearing the crowd (hate the Apex fights because it's just lifeless). Mexico was a great choice and have to admit that the lower weight classes made a difference. The elevation is something for sure.

FOTN - Royval over Moreno - I felt like Royval was losing at first and he really turned it on, had some dmg given and lots of output, he wasn't giving up despite leg damage. I'm not sure where the division goes, but he made a good case to stay at the top. Tough loss for Moreno, I thought he would win.

top performance - Royval for me as above

silver star - Zellhuber piecing up Prado, and it was a competitive fight. I think he has a chance to move up pretty far with a bigger name.

big win - Ortega submitting Yair. Thought this was going to go for a finish for Yair with his really good striking, home territory for his country... but no, Ortega proves that the shoulder injury was just an unfortunate moment, he's still a big time threat in the division.

Best KO - only one KO, it was Naimov over Silva in the first fight with maybe an injury ? So BEST Stoppage was Torres' finish over Chris Duncan. Awesome grappling to the RNC.

Please no more - Not sure I have one except for the re-treading commentary of Dom Cruz on the microphone, but even that can't disturb the good fights sometimes.

Get better soon - We made it through a weekend card without a major injury in the fights except maybe Silva in fight one ? It was kind of unclear what happened. Rosas had his fight called off due to sickness, and he's kind of had a few shaky moments to his stardom, he missed out on a big opportunity to impress in front of the hometown crowd.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,762

Post#2183 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:53 am

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#2184 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Mar 3, 2024 12:02 am

Good fight card all around! KO in the main event!
Clav
Starter

Post#2185 » by Clav » Mon Mar 4, 2024 7:40 pm

Found time to catch a few fights but the prelim card was definitely more entertaining. I can't do a review like I normally do, but Steve Erceg's KO was great!

299 coming up soon...
Cheers
\m/
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#2186 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:33 am

Clav
Starter

Post#2187 » by Clav » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:51 am

I had the fights on, but ended up having guests for a BBQ so I didn't see much. I only watched a couple early fights... no review this week from me... looked like a lot of underdogs won
Cheers
\m/
Clav
Starter

Post#2188 » by Clav » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:49 pm

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/108462-ufc-fight-night

At the APEX.... [Sigh....]

Ribas vs Namajunas this wknd, among other bouts, such as Saimann vs Talbott and Justin Tafa vs Karl Williams.

A definite hangover from 299 type card in my opinion, but will try nonetheless to catch a few of the fights. Enjoy everyone!
Cheers
\m/
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#2189 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:05 am

Good fights on the early prelims & prelims so far. Lets see what the main card holds for us.
Clav
Starter

Post#2190 » by Clav » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:39 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Good fights on the early prelims & prelims so far. Lets see what the main card holds for us.

It was a decent evening of fights. Namajunas really needed that win, but it was a close fight overall. I still don't think I saw anything that makes me think Rose can beat Grasso or Valentina though...

Rest of the card was ok, too. Some good finishes and moments, but also some pretty slow fights. I don't mind grappling or BJJ focused fights, but I do mind when fights devolve into just leaning on the cage or simply laying on your opponent with no opportunity to find dominant, winning conclusions. Ogden won in that fashion, and the Rendon/Zheleznyakova fight was like that too.

Also, Igor Severino bit that guy and got DQ'ed and then cut by the UFC. What in the actual ****?
Cheers
\m/
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#2191 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:46 pm

Clav
Starter

Post#2192 » by Clav » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:34 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-night-march-30-2024

I will be watching some of the fights if possible. Of note I want to catch Ibo Aslan vs Anton Turkalji... Seen all of Anton's UFC fights and totally underwhelming but I thought he'd be a lot better. Aslan is a wrecking ball and end up terminating Turkaji's consciousness and contract tonight.

I like Loopy, this is a tough match for her vs Jandiroba.

Main card is fine, looking forward to whatever comes of it. Weidman, hoping for a better showing this time. I think Luque wins vs Buckley, and Manon looked like a zombie on weigh in day so I'm taking hometown girl Blanchfield.

Enjoy the fights! https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/107896-ufc-fight-night
Cheers
\m/
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#2193 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:20 am

Good fights so far. Pretty exciting, some nice finishes!
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#2194 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:26 am

Upset in the main event, kind of.
Clav
Starter

Post#2195 » by Clav » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:37 am

My picks 6 of 13 fights. I suck.

FOTN - Landwehr KO over Jamall Emmers. I think he was losing the fight. He was for sure taking damage, but came up with a nice combo for the win.

top performance - Buckley KO2 vs Luque. I missed on this pick, thought the older lion would reign, but no, it wasn't really that close at all. Good fight!

silver star - Fiorot winning vs Blanchfield. There was a lot to like in this fight regarding how Manon avoided attacks and touched up Erin, convincing decision which will lead her to a title shot in the future [it could be the distant future as Grasso / Shevchenko 3 will be the TUF Finals this year].

big win - Jandiroba over Godinez. I picked Loopy, always liked her style, but she was out-pointed and smaller in this fight. Loopy was on a win streak which is over now.

Best stoppage - As is the case with some non-PPV cards, things can get kind of banger-status, or the matchmaking is offbalance. With such deep roster, you get some cards with more action in this regard, and Jacob Malkoun's 2nd fight on the card KO over Petroski was top notch as was Kyle Nelson KO over Bill Algeo. Always though Algeo was a bit of a **** talker and the UFC seems to like that kind of thing. I like to see the little talked about Canadian get a big stoppage via KO.

Please no more - UFC misspelled "Blanchfield" on their media day interview backdrop. Instead half of the main event was listed as "Blanchield". Come on, does the UFC need to hire me to check their spelling ?

Bonus - Weidman won after not one, but two, unintentional eye-pokes, leading to his GnP win... not a good way to see it, but it was hard for the ref to see this. A bit sleazy by Weidman to see an opponent reach for his eye in gesture it was poked and Weidman just started punching him. Silva should definitely protest to a NC.

Bonus 2 - LAST week's UFC card featured a guy name Igor Severino who bit an opponent and was subsequently cut from the promotion. Igor, how can you have any meat when you haven't finished your pudding ?

Get better soon - Bruno's eyes and Dumas/Turkalj's UFC careers.
Cheers
\m/
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#2196 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:47 pm

I've never seen anyone land a 1-2 eyepoke. Jon Jones and Travis browne taking notes.

That ref had previously given Weidman a hard warning and numerous other verbal warnings about how he was holding his fingers. To then rule it a NC after Weidman hits the fingerstab combo... lol.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#2197 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:13 am

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#2198 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:38 pm

And this is NEXT week. Which is actually nice gives us a break for this weekend.
Clav
Starter

Post#2199 » by Clav » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:44 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-night-april-27-2024

That's right, it was boxing over the weekend that just passed.

thx for the link!
Cheers
\m/
Clav
Starter

Post#2200 » by Clav » Yesterday 6:00 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:And this is NEXT week. Which is actually nice gives us a break for this weekend.

Hey man, Do you make predictions for the fights ?

Here's my card predictions:

Spoiler:
Nicolau Sub4
Guskov KO1
Silva DEC
Diniz KO1
Onama DEC
Medic KO3
Henry Sub2
Figlak KO1
Machado DEC
Souza DEC