Prochazka KO2
Stering DEC
Harrison KO1
Lopes KO2
Turner Sub2
Rodriguez DEC
Miller Sub2
Figueiredo DEC

My picks 8 of 13, 3 perfect. That's okay, wish I was a little bit better lol.

So many storylines from this event as the card was packed full of talent and there were some really good bouts. I DID miss the first 5 fights because of my cousin's baby shower. but paid attn a bit at the results and highlights.

FOTN - Holloway / Gaethje. Max took lots of leg hits, but basically was ahead 3-1 (at worst) on my card going into R5, and was winning R5 even before the final engage. That might be the best KO I've ever seen in the UFC no joke. It was legendary. Go watch the highlight if you missed it or want a rewatch, it's on YT posted on the UFC channel.

top performance - Harrison over Holm ? Lots of big time wins but I think her UFC debut against a tried and true Holly, even if she's on the back end of her career now was pretty telling. Kayla dominated this fight.

silver star - Prochazka over Rakic. I think Jiri was losing, his form is so funky but he is not going to back down. Once he connected, Rakic was toasted after sustaining a few hits.

big win - Zhang Weili over Yan Xiaonan. Definitely have to give Yan some props here for basically going lights out from a submission at the end of R1 but lasting a decision vs Zhang. This was a good fight even if the crowd was a little lulled from the BMF fight b4.

Best stoppage - I mean, It's MAX. https://youtu.be/h9KBcib8pHc?si=CughVg5J_AVQvep_

Please no more - Honestly, this was as good as we're going to get with a full card. Jalin Turner didn't go in for the kill and paid dearly for it, so lesson to him is, no more hesitation.

Get better soon - Whoever fights Pereira next at LHW. It seems like besides Izzy getting his revenge KO, Poatan basically steamrolls through any opponent. Hill was blown up, didn't seem close IMO. One of my easier predictions on the card. I'm not sure who beats him at 205.

Also, I'm not sure we're ever getting another Stylebender/Poatan MW fight [honestly I don't think Adesanya wins a trilogy MMA fight].

Pereira hinted at going to HW, at UFC 301 in Rio, but I'm not so sure that's a great idea without a camp to build up. We'll see, but obviously the play here is Pereira vs Jones in the end in a massive main event.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: UFC 300 - April 13 

Post#22 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:54 pm

Mehar wrote:Max with the most Gangster Knockout in UFC History, and arguably the Greatest Moment ever in UFC History to do what he did with 1 Second left on the clock. Forever in the history books. Well Deserved Fight of the Night and Performance of the Night 600 K Bonus!

The only other KO that comes close for drama is Yair vs KZ. But it simply wasn't as badass, considering who JG is and that Max was way ahead already.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,666

Post#23 » by Clav » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:24 am

You know, I failed to mention the Olivera loss by Decision to Tsarukyan. I'm a big do Bronx fan but he was on his back wayyy too much in that fight and Armen is a dog, he gutted it out and controlled the fight. That's a big win for Tsarukyan for sure. I picked that so far wrong.

I'm curious who fights Olivera now ? Does BSD / Charles in Paris sound like a good matchup ?

How about Charles v Conor if he wins
Cheers
\m/
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,091
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#24 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:50 am

Max looks fresher, faster, and stronger than he’s looked in years. He deserves whatever he wants, but I’d rather him never cut to 145 again.

If Conor wins, do Max vs Conor for the end of the year card in MSG or whatever.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,666

Post#25 » by Clav » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:02 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Max looks fresher, faster, and stronger than he’s looked in years. He deserves whatever he wants, but I’d rather him never cut to 145 again.

If Conor wins, do Max vs Conor for the end of the year card in MSG or whatever.

That's a great fight to make!
Cheers
\m/
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,194

Post#26 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:19 am

Fantastic finish by MAX
Home of the 17 Time World Champions

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts