2019 MMA Knockout of the Year

Moderator: lilfishi22

What was the 2019 MMA Knockout of the Year?

Valentina Shevchenko head kick knocks Eye out cold (UFC 238)
No votes
Jorge Masvidal’s flying knee flattens Ben Askren (UFC 239)
94%
Jessica Andrade slams Thug Rose on her head (UFC 237)
6%
Anthony Pettis lands Superman punch on Wonderboy (UFC on ESPN+ 6)
No votes
Aleksander Rakic starches Manuwa with a head kick (UFC on ESPN+ 11)
No votes

Total votes: 18

Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,767

2019 MMA Knockout of the Year 

Post#1 » by Cammo101 » Wed Jan 1, 2020 9:53 pm

Previous winners:

2018 - Yair Rodriguez lands a spinning back elbow at the buzzer against the Korean Zombie (UFC Fight Night 139)
2017 - Frances Ngannou upercuts Overeem's head off (UFC 218)
2016 - MVP shatters Cyborg's face with a brutal jump knee (Bellator)
2015 - Holly Holm head kicks her way to stardom against Rousey (UFC 193)
2014 - Donald Cerrone head kicks Adriano Martins back to obscurity (UFC on Fox 10)
2013 - Uriah Hall lands a roundhouse kick on Adam Cella (The Ultimate Fighter)
2012 - Edson Barboza lands a spinning wheel kick on Terry Etim (UFC 142)
2011 - Kongo comes back from the brink to KO Barry (UFC on Versus 5)/Anderson Silva's front kick to Belfort (UFC 126) (tie)
2010 - Carlos Condit floors Dan Hardy (UFC 120)
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: 2019 MMA Knockout of the Year 

Post#2 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Jan 2, 2020 12:35 am

That Yair strike was last year???? Wow.

It's gotta be Jorge. I don't like the guy. But that clearly had the most significance.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,973

Post#3 » by CPT » Thu Jan 2, 2020 1:15 am

Again I'd like to strongly suggest GIFs or at least links to KOs and submissions.

Picked Jorge because it's the one I can remember most vividly.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#4 » by Susan » Fri Jan 3, 2020 2:21 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:That Yair strike was last year???? Wow.

It's gotta be Jorge. I don't like the guy. But that clearly had the most significance.

y?
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#5 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jan 3, 2020 2:28 pm

Susan wrote:

y?

He thinks he's delivering justice. He thinks that the Universe is behind him, putting Askren in his palce because he talked ****.

Also, he has said that he teaches his kids never to take disrespect, and to not be afraid to kick peoples' asses ifthere is disrespect. "Because the world needs more of that" (paraphrase). This was on either the Joey Diaz pod or on Rogan. Just some idiot thinking about letting people disrespect you and how it's the fall of civilization if you don't have the threat of violence and allow people to yap.

America is definitely suffering from a lack of impulsive violence.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#6 » by REDDzone » Fri Jan 3, 2020 2:41 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:He thinks he's delivering justice. He thinks that the Universe is behind him, putting Askren in his palce because he talked ****.

Also, he has said that he teaches his kids never to take disrespect, and to not be afraid to kick peoples' asses ifthere is disrespect. "Because the world needs more of that" (paraphrase). This was on either the Joey Diaz pod or on Rogan. Just some idiot thinking about letting people disrespect you and how it's the fall of civilization if you don't have the threat of violence and allow people to yap.

I agree with this post.

That said, if I ever make my way to Canada and run into you in person...well, let's just say you better keep that same energy.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM

Post#7 » by Susan » Fri Jan 3, 2020 3:32 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Susan wrote:

y?

He thinks he's delivering justice. He thinks that the Universe is behind him, putting Askren in his palce because he talked ****.

I feel ya but believe this is an act to build up his persona. Even if it's not, getting moral with dudes who grew up on the streets and literally made their lives fighting in backyards really isn't what I'm here for.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#8 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jan 3, 2020 3:38 pm

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:He thinks he's delivering justice. He thinks that the Universe is behind him, putting Askren in his palce because he talked ****.

I agree with this post.

That said, if I ever make my way to Canada and run into you in person...well, let's just say you better keep that same energy.

Don't get it twisted. I wear karate pants and a tank top 12 months a year just praying a grappler shoots for a double. Switch knees at the ready.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#9 » by AirCanadaMouse » Sun Jan 5, 2020 5:09 am

Jorge has definitely displayed a lot of low class this year, I've done a full 180 on him. Not a fan anymore.

He gets my vote.
Thank you Clutch0z24
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#10 » by REDDzone » Wed Jan 8, 2020 2:47 pm

Jorge.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#11 » by REDDzone » Wed Jan 8, 2020 2:49 pm

AirCanadaMouse wrote:Jorge has definitely displayed a lot of low class this year, I've done a full 180 on him. Not a fan anymore.

He gets my vote.

It's funny that seems to be a common sentiment among longtime fans. You can probably find posts on this board of me rooting for Mavidal vs Melendez in Strikeforce.

Lots of Susan-come-latelys though, to make up for it. :lol:
Susan
RealGM

Post#12 » by Susan » Wed Jan 8, 2020 6:45 pm

REDDzone wrote:
AirCanadaMouse wrote:Jorge has definitely displayed a lot of low class this year, I've done a full 180 on him. Not a fan anymore.

He gets my vote.

It's funny that seems to be a common sentiment among longtime fans. You can probably find posts on this board of me rooting for Mavidal vs Melendez in Strikeforce.

Lots of Susan-come-latelys though, to make up for it. :lol:

Don't make me come up there boiiii.
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 949

Post#13 » by aggerrard » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:45 pm

Voted for Masvidal just for the magnitude of the fight and the fastest knockout in UFC history.

Rakic' knockout of Manuwa were the cleanest and most beautiful technical knockout. Right uppercut on Manuwa's jab, faked a left hook and came up with the left highkick. Manuwa didn't see it and knocked him out cold.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts